Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Blood_Goddess
Crew

Supreme Roisterer

PostPosted: Wed Jan 08, 2014 10:55 am
A chuckle met the light haired man's comment, though Jerome couldn't get much more said, even as Zacharie joined him when an Elite stepped forward to get their attention and start the meeting.

Jermoe held a fist out to Zachaire in greeting, though otherwise remained quiet.
Bro himself hovered around the purple haired boy for a couple of seconds before he drifted back and faded casually into the wall behind Jerome, creating a shadow where the man sat.

Well, this discussion was very clearly out of his league. He knew nothing about Robots, and certainly wasn't qualified to go making comments about some kind of chip to put in pokemon brains. So he sat, in silence and watched them talk, even though he had no idea what half of what they were saying meant.  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 08, 2014 11:13 am
"I apologize, my knowledge of the existing chip's exact features and functions is limited, but would it be possible to preserve the pokemon's basic survival instincts?" Atticus suggested, adjusting his glasses briefly. "This would theoretically allow for self-maintenance as long as dietary needs are met by the environment."  

Suudonym
Vice Captain

Winner

Blood_Goddess
Crew

Supreme Roisterer

PostPosted: Wed Jan 08, 2014 11:25 am
"Self-maintaining, this is if we're simply talking about sustenance and shelter. But I have to question the fact that some of these are pray animals, and how high is the risk we are running of losing not just time and money on clones pokemon, but the technology we place on them if they are to get sick, injured or hunted, without some kind of monitor system and maintenance set in place."

She was sure Tamby had thought of it before, Faleen's specialty was not organics, but she would like to know the thoughts on the project to get a better understanding of what exactly she was giving ideas to help with.

A corner of her mouth tensed slightly, she was starting to miss working on her security robots already.  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 08, 2014 11:27 am
"We have the DNA of those species." Tambrey practically beamed a grin, as Atticus spoke up. "It would be entirely possible to clone and engineer pokémon of those species to be compatible for experimentation like this..."
She blinked, slightly stunned.
Registration data. That wasn't something that had crossed her mind, yet it was elegantly simple. It was exactly what would fix the problem... Far better than the complex things she'd drawn up in some sections of her notes. Subtly, she shifted her folders, so that one of the black ones she held found itself now firmly on the bottom of the pile.

"Um. GPS, definitely... Would mechanical optics be simpler than using the existing biological optic nerve though? Um, I was thinking, we might, somehow, be able to 'hack' into what the pokémon could see via hardware, somehow? Like how we could control them through technology, like the chip?"

She found herself about to respond to the comment regarding upkeep, when the man in glasses beat her entirely to the punch. She blinked, surprised, again pleasantly so, and waited to see what would be answered.
When it came, it was a very good point.
"Um. That's a good point, but if we had a range of species... Also, if we, um, modeled our tech on viruses or, um, as I brought up earlier, fungal systems, we could, maybe, cause prey creatures to 'infect' predators with our systems? I mean, it sounds risky, but... um, I think safeguards could be programmed in?"  

Gwennythe
Crew

Feral Nerd

Blood_Goddess
Crew

Supreme Roisterer

PostPosted: Wed Jan 08, 2014 11:36 am
The chip had been brought up again, the man expressing little knowledge of it, but he seemed to know something.
"Please excuse the momentary derailment of the discussion but I don't believe I've seen you around the base before, you seem to have a good idea of what you're talking about. Are you with the Tech department?"

It was habit that she was under no desire to show her technology specs to someone who she didn't even know their rank.  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 08, 2014 11:58 am
"Agent Atticus Forbes, department of technology, programming division," the bespectacled man recited. "I maintain a secondary assignment that necessitates my frequent absence."

He lowered his eyes to his notepad in thought at Tambrey's suggestion. It was difficult to visualize the solution she posed without knowing the programming's architecture. "Potentially," he replied. "This is employing nanotechnology, then? My initial reaction is that it would be a very complex and time-consuming program to execute..." Not impossible, and with the potential for incredible end results, but definitely not a weekend project.  

Suudonym
Vice Captain

Winner

Blood_Goddess
Crew

Supreme Roisterer

PostPosted: Wed Jan 08, 2014 12:13 pm
Rank name and department, and the Elite didn't have any opposition, as far as Faleen was concerned he had as much clearance as she did.
"Agent-" Faleen said, sliding her tablet across the table toward him to allow him to look over more details of the chip as he had inquired.

Faleen frowned lightly, her brow furrowing as she seemed to be considering what her team mates were saying. a light hum left the women as she thought.
"If the goal is to not draw attention, and to remain as true to the natural environment as possible, then we might want to avoid trying to affect the environment too drastically. It might add up, or change the habits of the pokemon and draw suspicion. Plus it wouldn't prevent the loss of our own subject, that should be a larger priority.
If we are discussing Nanotechnology I feel like it should be a second step in what we would already establish. Agent Atticus is right, while its certainly an option, if nanotechnology isn't done correctly, it could end up being a disaster, There are more factors I would like to collaborate on a lab level before I even begin construction. For now, I believe the chip would be a good start."

Again she paused her eyes searching the table before she suddenly perched up, and leaned forward slightly in her seat.
"When we build the sentry, and even the turrets we ran them through a linking system- so that they were always in communication with each other, and us." She said, drawing her fingers over the table and linking them to one place "Maybe we should look into the potability of going the same rout with this."

She placed black gloved fingers at a point on the table "Here you would have the main station, this is where we monitor not just the forest for intruders, but where we have a link to each of the pokemon out on the field, furthermore- and to my point- from this hub it creates a link to each of the subjects to -each other-." Her fingers spread out to ten different points.
"We might modify it to something of a partner system. thus creating more of a chance for this project to be better self sustaining, without having to depend on affecting outside sources."  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 08, 2014 12:28 pm
"Um... Well..." Tambrey didn't sound perfectly sure about what she said next; it seemed to be said in a form of 'testing the waters', a half formed idea.
"Are we capable of, um, integrating our systems to... transmit and receive data via something like a psychic system? Or a technological pokémon system? Um. Our organization, currently, has quite a vast data bank regarding psychic pokémon... Mew and Mewtwo, in particular, but, um... We could probably use the data from there to collaborate in building a secure network? Um, that's really not my expertise, again, but if it's possible..."
She nodded slightly.
"I don't think any of this would be a weekend project, but after a certain stage, I believe these experiments would, um, to borrow a phrase, 'pay their own way' and potentially gain some degree of, um, self sufficiency at different levels... It would just be the um, initial stages that would be the hardest work; after that, it could be a system of collaborative bootstrapping... Um, for what's possible anyway. I can guarantee that, biologically, the aspects I've mentioned can be engineered or cloned into pokémon on that side of things... Um, but programming, technology and things outside of genetics and biology are not things I have a broad knowledge of..."  

Gwennythe
Crew

Feral Nerd

Tori Honoo

Amorous Friend

6,650 Points
  • Love Machine 150
  • Partygoer 500
  • Marathon 300
PostPosted: Wed Jan 08, 2014 1:04 pm
After a pink cheeked smile and a nod of promise to continue their talk afterward (if given time) to the young man called Inigo, Riley listened quietly to each person as they offered their suggestions and as the ideas built and grew off of each other as they were presented. This was amazing! Was it really so easy to mutate or clone a pokemon? She was positively itching to get her hands into the genetics of it all as soon as she could.

So they would be...programmed? That didn't seem too bad, especially if they were allowed to live as normal pokemon and would be contained. Could something human made, however, withstand the biological changes? She seemed a little startled by the idea of completely replacing a pokemon's optic system, but when Tambrey suggested tapping into the optic nerve, she relaxed a little.

She raised her hand timidly amongst the talk of the Agents, though bolstered by the fact that at least a few of the other trainees had spoken up, and offered her own thought process, unorganized as it was, her voice gentle and sweet.

"Evolution a-and offspring might be factors to look into as well... Would the technology and the genetic changes we instill in these pokemon be able to withstand the evolution chains, or would it break from them entirely? A-And if we were able to make the changes hereditary, passed on from generation to generation of pokemon, o-or from prey to predator, with the um... nanotechnology... would it halt of affect the evolution as well, or vice versa? It would be sort of strange to see nothing but first stage pokemon in the forest, if it did put an end to the changes they were able to make, and if the evolution of a pokemon were able to change the...formatting or something of the programmed parts...That might hurt things a little, right? Maybe?"

Her shoulders curled in a little as she withdrew a bit.

"Heredity traits are easily passed down through only breeding, and I'm positive it's much easier with the cloning technology, but I know...pretty much nothing about technology and what it's able to withstand," she admitted, rubbing her wrist. "I-I mean, I suppose they could start off as fully grown pokemon... they might be stronger that way, as well, but when the reach the end of their lifespan, we'd have to replace them...The natural instincts would have to be implanted or something as well, if they were made in a lab and hadn't been exposed to the outside world, a-and then from prey to predator, the changes would be worth contemplating, I think. A natural pokemon--back to the cloned pokemon becoming prey to naturally born pokemon-- should be able to adapt to the technology or...the other way around, right?"

Her cheeks flushed pink, she stopped talking. Arceus, she felt new.  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 08, 2014 1:28 pm
The various additions and comments gave him much more to go off of, and it was easy to piece everything together with them to give him a better view of what was needed and what they wanted to accomplish. Mention of the native pokemon around the forest caught his attention especially, and he couldn't help but speak up as well. "Actually," he started, leaning forward a little in his seat, "most of the pokemon in the forest are in their first stage. Finding pokemon in their second stage is uncommon, and finding third evolutions is actually pretty rare. Actually, on that note, I grew up in Sandalwood, but I pretty much spent all my time in the forest and all around there, so I think I know all the native pokemon that can be found in there pretty well. I could make a list of them if that'd help any."  

BlackFireKitsune
Vice Captain

Tiny Lunatic

SammAzon

PostPosted: Wed Jan 08, 2014 1:37 pm
Oliver nodded when his question was answered. He listened closely to the discussion without another word. He was interested in herbs and gems rather than technology. He understood what they were saying, and found himself drawn to the conversation. The fact they had developed a chip to control the human mind was more than intriguing. Oddly enough Oliver smiled at the ideas, he was still getting used to Pokemon again after years of not being around them, so the thought of them being controlled didn't bother him as much as he knew his older sister was bothered by the thought. The Blonde Trainee listened still and decided to voice his opinion again if the discussion called for it, looking to Elena with a smile.  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 08, 2014 1:42 pm
Elena listened closely to the discussion and gave a smile to see the woman so excited to hear her question instead of disregarding it as stupid. She seemed nice, and Oliver took well to his idea being tossed away. Nanotech was something she thought only possible in the distant future. She was surprised and intrigued to learn they had that type of Technology. Team Rocket seemed to know what they were doing, though she only found out about it a few months ago when she was recruited. Pushing her curiosity aside of how Team Rocket acquired all of this, she focused back to the conversation. The trainee wasn't too keen on the fact the Pokemon would be controlled so-to-speak, but reminded herself that it was for everyone's safety. Team Rocket sounded like they knew what was going to happen and trusted their judgement. She was surprised to see Oliver taking such an interest in the conversation for "hating it here". He glanced at her and smiled, she found herself smiling warmly back. All of this seemed so exciting, Elena couldn't wait for the new base! It was sure a nice break from all the work she had been doing.  

SammAzon

Suudonym
Vice Captain

Winner

PostPosted: Wed Jan 08, 2014 1:52 pm
Atticus looked over the screen as it was passed to him, noting the information listed. Thinking he might find the program controlling the software that powered the device, he attempted to scroll through the display only to find that it didn't respond to his touch. Disappointing, but he was more educated now than he had been before, so he couldn't complain but so much.

"There is also a risk," he added, "of a trainer-owned pokemon preying upon the drones and becoming assimilated by the technology. Even if we enable our registration codes to overwrite any existing ones, there is a high probability of the trainer taking the affected pokemon to a pokemon center for examination. It may not be a very high concern, given the infrequency of predatory behavior amidst League-trained pokemon, but I feel it is a valid one nonetheless."

Again he tapped his pen against the unlined paper. "It may be useful to explore the concept of a partner system. Theoretically we could monitor adrenaline levels and increase the aggression response when a drone perceives itself to be in danger. Though as Agent Faleen has stated, modifying the natural behavioral patterns of the native pokemon has the potential to provoke suspicion. Mating pairs are not uncommon, but an aggressive Deerling would be something of an anomaly." Tap, tap, tap. The capabilities of psychic legendaries weren't really his expertise either, but given enough time and the right kind of data, he supposed the programming division could puzzle out almost anything.

A different voice joined the conversation, and Atticus shook his head in response. "Once we've fully analyzed the brain functions, evolution and breeding, as well as any other undesirable instincts, will be of no concern as we'll be able to simply disable those impulses in their entirety. I assume this nanotechnology would be concentrated in the brain, given that it alters brain function, and would have no affect on the sex cells, so I doubt that artificial insemination through outside interference would be a concern either. As Grunt Inigo stated, first stage pokemon are not uncommon in the forest and should raise no suspicion. Our drones would likely constitute only a small percentage of the forest's ecosystem."

He exhaled lightly through his nose and leaned back in his chair. He preferred to do rather than just talk about doing.  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 08, 2014 2:01 pm
Riley nodded a little. "Won't they be more easily overpowered, though?" she asked, "If they can't evolve, I mean...I-If that's what you mean by disabling certain instincts."

They were to be used for security as well as surveillance, right?  

Tori Honoo

Amorous Friend

6,650 Points
  • Love Machine 150
  • Partygoer 500
  • Marathon 300

Blood_Goddess
Crew

Supreme Roisterer

PostPosted: Wed Jan 08, 2014 2:16 pm
"So far the only thing the chip has ever really been used for is a very basic kind of control, and only recently been used to actually alter the subjects mind." Faleen explained
"It is a tool, that can be used by someone who does know how the brain functions to help alter it in anyway you would feel is plausible, again those details will need to be worked out in the lab, but I will say now that I am confident that this can be done." Faleen reassured "And it is my recommendation before we can consider Nanotechnology as a replacement,"

Atticus and Inigo had taken over in explaining the concerns one of the other Trainees had, that was very well as Faleen didn't pretend to be an expert in pokemon.
Though she took over the next question Rylie brought up "That's what the linking network would be for, in a partner system it would increase chances of environmental awareness, in the terms we used for our sentry's a sensor grid could only detects up to a certain range from either side of their optical feeds" She held her hands out on either side of her to show the range. "As partners, the range is doubled, and communicated to the partner, this helps detect danger much sooner. Its the same method Team Rocket uses in our partnership program, It increases the chances of survival using team work. I don't see how the risk will not be a presence, but this will certainly be a way to help cut the risk. I doubt we want them to be getting into situations they can be overpowered, having way for them to retreat or avoid situations would be ideal."

Her eyes lifted to Tambrey at the mention of Psychic types.
"I'm afraid I can't offer much in the way of advice for a psychic network, since we are using organics if you feel that is a more reliable method, or along with a mix of technology, as seems to be the theme with this project. then perhaps its something to look into."

She hated the idea of using psychics, she felt they were fickle, unreliable, though the only way she could preserve being at least marginally comforted by their use was if they too were under mechanical influence.  
Roleplay

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff