Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Blood_Goddess
Crew

Supreme Roisterer

PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2014 8:12 pm
Cybil tilted her head with a curious note and glanced around the flower bed that she was sprawled in, looking around the flowers for anywhere that might be something that Lu was talking about.
She certainly couldn't really smell much more then the flowers, but she would be surprised if there was a pokemon around.

Kyle too didn't look at all perturbed, and went about his meandering with his Sylveon trotting gracefully by his heel, occasional pouncing with a somewhat weightless grace through the flowers, somehow managing to not disturb the delicate blooms.
Veral was the first of his team to notice the Leafeon approaching Lu, who had already long spotted it.
"Syl" He cooed in alert to his team, causing Kyle too to finally look up and see what Lu had been talking about.

"Holy- that's a gorgeous Leafeon" the Grunt muttered in fascination, watching and waiting to see what Lu would do with it. Hell if it was Kyle he would capture it instantly... which it turned out Lu did intend to do... though with literally no more effort then dropping the ball onto the pokemon.

Kyle stood there in utter disbelief at what he just witnessed, motionless save for the wind tossing around his hair and shirt, while his yellow eyes peered over the rims of his sun glasses.
"... I don't think that actually counts!" Kyle accused.  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2014 8:35 pm
Lu felt rather proud of himself! He stood up a little straighter after he'd picked up the pokeball, staring at it in admiration. "I think it counts... She was pretty, huh? Or he, either way... I caught her! Or- I don't know, sh-she kind of just came up to me! Wow- I've never- I should show Zacharie- oh, do you know him? He's short and has purple hair, I think he'd like to see my Leafeon. Ah- my Leafeon- I can say that right? Wow..." Lu babbled like a giddy schoolkid.

The brunette looked over at Kyle with a starstruck face. "I can keep her, right? I'll have to name her, oh- names, names, I haven't named anything in a long time..." He kept up his excited prattling, looking like he might just start bouncing on his feet.  

Venti Mico

Ruthless Fairy

9,600 Points
  • Caroling Champ 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Loiterer 100

TRHQ Agent
Crew

PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2014 8:42 pm
<< A wild Pokémon has appeared! Communicate with your partner to determine whether or not you mind having your RP sidetracked. When you've decided, one person can post [yes] or [no]. (If the Pokémon turns out to be something neither of you want, you're welcome to ignore it.) >>  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2014 8:46 pm
[yes]  

Blood_Goddess
Crew

Supreme Roisterer

TRHQ Agent
Crew

PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2014 9:00 pm
As Lu considered his new catch, a subtle snow began to fall, the flakes quickly turning to liquid the moment they came into contact with any surface in the mid spring warmth. If any of the area's occupants looked up, they would spot a large blue bird soaring overhead, a streamerlike tail flowing behind it. The bird paid little mind to the people and pokemon below, descending to disappear into the shade of a grassy knoll a reasonable distance away.  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2014 9:31 pm
Kyle let out a snort of laughter. "Hey I call that pure luck." Kyle said, pushing his sun glasses back up over the bridge of his nose and crouching down to put his hand on Varian's head. Stroking the pokemon's ears before he let out a sudden burst of laughter "Zacharie! Are you talking about that scrawny little guy with the purple hair it looked like he cut with hedge sheers?"

Kyle glanced back up at Lu, his yellow eyes peering up at him from under his brow "Hey maybe you can teach him a thing or two about catching pokemon, I don't think he eve-"

Something light touched against Kyle's sun glasses, white and fluffy, and what he at first thought was some pollen or a stray blossom petal. he reached up to brush it away, only to find that it left a wet smear on the glasses.

Brow furrowing with a puzzled air, Kyle rubbed at it again, only to find that another one had fallen on his glasses, and then another, and another.
"What the-" Kyle refocused his eyes, to see not just one or two, but hundreds of softly drifting white fluffs in the air.
"Is this... snow?"

"ABSOL!" Cybil barked, looking up into the sky and jerking to her feet very sharply, her mouth gaping up at the snowy sky, but more pointedly at a large, glistening blue form soaring through the air,

Kyle had to do a double take before the grunt was suddenly no his feet, tearing his sunglasses off of his face.
"Holy SHTI!" Was THAT what he thought it was!?  

Blood_Goddess
Crew

Supreme Roisterer

Venti Mico

Ruthless Fairy

9,600 Points
  • Caroling Champ 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Loiterer 100
PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2014 9:42 pm
"Hedge sheers...? I think he used safety scissors, actually, b-but that sounds like him," Lu said with a nod, holding the pokeball like it was something fragile that would break if the wind blew too hard, or if it got snowed on.

...Snow? Lu blinked, the spell of enthusiasm broken as he looked up at the sky. It hadn't been cloudy enough for snow, or cold enough... Lu looked up too when Cybil barked at the sky.

He nearly dropped his pokeball. Mouth hung ajar, Lu stared after the bright blue bird like he'd never seen a bird pokemon in his life. "It's...that's...what- is that? Is- is- is- what the ********..?" He whispered in the quietest of voices.  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2014 9:54 pm
Kyle couldn't move for some time as he watched the bird fly to the distance as if it was landing.
"Oh oh! OH! OH!" Kyle suddenly snapped back out of his gaping awe, reaching out to grab Lu as if he was going to spring forward with a great idea. But the action only resulted in him stumbling for something out of his back pocket.

His Rocket dex flying into his hand as he turned it in.
"Base please come in! Oh my god- base this is Grunt Lawrence You better be picking this up becasue we just had a god damn Aricuno fly over our god damn heads!"

Her put his finger off the button that sends the message to wait for a reply, running hand through his hair, eyes darting from where the Articuno had landed down to his dex.

He knew the importance of a Legendary, not just from Team Rocket but from Team flare as well, he knew their power, and their WORTH
Holy s**t this thing would be worth BILLIONS! Oh my god! and if he was one of the ones responsible for helping locate it then maybe this meant he would get a bonus or something! OH HELL YES!  

Blood_Goddess
Crew

Supreme Roisterer

TRHQ Agent
Crew

PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2014 10:07 pm
If Kyle waited for a response, it would be some time before he received one. In the meantime, a blue crest appeared just above the top of the grass, turned this way and that, and vanished once more.  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2014 10:09 pm
Lu looked back at Kyle as he spoke into his dex, glancing between him and the place the Articuno had landed rapidly. "What do we do, a-are we supposed to wait? Should we- why is it here? It might be hurt! Do you think it's hurt? W-w-we should help it- something?" He asked in a hushed voice, as if speaking too loud would startle the legendary pokemon away.

Lu tucked his Leafeon's ball into his pocket and called for Tea, who came to his side quickly, her tail twitching back and forth. "I'm g-going to- forward, yeah- I'm going to go see if I can get closer, it-" He said, giving Kyle a quick look before returning to the hillside. If he looked away too long he was afraid the Articuno would fly off. "Not too close, just kind of close, y-yeah." He said, then started off towards the hill with Tea following at his heel.  

Venti Mico

Ruthless Fairy

9,600 Points
  • Caroling Champ 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Loiterer 100

Blood_Goddess
Crew

Supreme Roisterer

PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2014 10:22 pm
Kyle didn't expect and answer right away, but as more time passed and he didn't get one he frowned, pushing the button again.
"Base!"

Lu was, to no surprise as anxious as Kyle felt, though at the suggestion of getting closer Kyle actually reached out and smacked him on the back of the head "Are you crazy!? Don't go near that thing! Do you even know what Legendary are capable of? And last time I checked we both only had two pokemon on us, that thing will peck out heads off, freeze us and peck our heads off! So unless you are positive that you can pull that trick you just did on your Leafeon again then don't be stupid!"

"BASE WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU DOING!? There is a god damn Legendary out here and you're not picking up! BASE!" Kyle barked into his dex again. "Asnwer the god damn- oh oh s**t s**t."
Kyle lowered his tone when the Articuno looked up, Kyle grabbing Lu and lowering himself down so that they were less obvious. "What the heck is it doing?"
He hissed into his dex "I swear to god whoever is supposed to be on duty right now is going to get the god damn crap beaten out of them if you don't pick up the god damn com."  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2014 10:46 pm
Lu reached back and held the back of his head, turning and frowning at Kyle, "W-well, what else do we do? What if it uh- you know, gets away?" Lu bit down on his lip and stayed in place regardless, listening to Kyle try to get in contact with the base.

He ducked down with Kyle and stayed hunched for a long moment, holding his breath in anticipation. "I don't- I don't know... u-uh... I'm just going to get a little bit closer, okay? I-I'll come back if it- I don't know, tries to... do something?" Lu said quietly, face pale. He took out Tea's pokeball and recalled her, knowing there was nothing she could to against a Legendary and it was safer for her out of danger's way. "I hope I'm still lucky..." he said with a frown as he started his advance, walking as lightly as he could and staying partially hunched. He'd just see what the Legendary was doing and then come right back. He kept his eyes trained on the hill, ready to hit the ground if the Articuno showed itself again. Better him be turned into a freeze pop than someone else...  

Venti Mico

Ruthless Fairy

9,600 Points
  • Caroling Champ 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Loiterer 100

Blood_Goddess
Crew

Supreme Roisterer

PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2014 10:52 pm
"What?" Kyle hissed, reaching out to grab onto Lu's arm, but finding himself being dragged along with the obvious much stronger man before he let go. crouching back down with his Sylveon and Absol, both perked in attentiveness.
"Are you trying to get killed? Stop, stop."

Kyle, trying to keep his voice down, and continue to contact the base watched as Lu started moving closer.
"If you scare it off-" He growled at the other Grunt as Lu left him.  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2014 10:57 pm
Unfortunately for Kyle, he would need to wait longer for a reply.

As Lu headed towards the legendary, it suddenly poked its head up again. With his vantage point, Lu would be able to see the Articuno's face - and the multitude of twigs held in its beak - as it looked around. It didn't need to look very long at all before its red gaze locked onto the approaching grunt, and the large bird froze in place.

Kyle would only be able to see the blue crest just over the top of the knoll.  

TRHQ Agent
Crew

Venti Mico

Ruthless Fairy

9,600 Points
  • Caroling Champ 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Loiterer 100
PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2014 11:05 pm
Lu thought he'd be able to react quicker, to fall to the ground before the legendary saw him, but he hadn't anticipated the bird's ability to make him feel like he was going to puke, faint, and wet himself all at the same time. He swallowed hard, forcing down the lump in his throat; was this the way he was going to die?

He stood in place, holding his breath and not blinking as he stared at the bird. Sudden movements were bad, right? Probably? Instead, Lu wet his lower lip and spoke with a quivering, quiet voice. "...H-hello." He all but squeaked.

Brilliant last word.  
Roleplay

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces