Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

BlackFireKitsune
Vice Captain

Tiny Lunatic

PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2014 4:13 pm
This was... worrisome. He didn't know how to speak English again? Was that one of the side-effects of amnesia, not knowing how to transition between languages? He certainly hoped he hadn't made things worse... "I can speak in English again," he suggested hopefully, his tones turning apologetic once again. "Maybe that will help...?"  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2014 4:21 pm
"Je ne..." He trailed off into silence, frowning in concentration. It wasn't as though he didn't know what English and French were, but he couldn't remember how to willfully communicate in one or the other specifically. "Maybe that will help," he repeated experimentally, more mouthing the words than speaking them. "I think so... I think so. This is right, right?"  

Suudonym
Vice Captain

Winner

BlackFireKitsune
Vice Captain

Tiny Lunatic

PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2014 4:26 pm
"Yes, that's right," he said, smiling again and brightening when Luke once again spoke English. Phew - he'd started to get a little worried that maybe he'd triggered something, or somehow made it so Luke wouldn't be able to speak English anymore. "I'm really sorry about that, though," the trainer added apologetically. He'd had no idea answering his parents' call in French would get that sort of reaction from his company.  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2014 4:29 pm
Luke exhaled lightly; he didn't know what he would have done if he had suddenly become incapable of speaking the native language on top of having no memories of the island or its residents. He shook his head, "No, it's - it's okay. I don't really know why that happened..." It really didn't feel any different from speaking French unless he stopped and thought about it.  

Suudonym
Vice Captain

Winner

BlackFireKitsune
Vice Captain

Tiny Lunatic

PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2014 4:44 pm
Relieved as he was that the redhead was back to speaking English and could indeed successfully switch between the two languages, he made a mental note to avoid speaking French in his presence regardless, just in case. "Still, I'm very sorry," he insisted again, feeling legitimately bad for causing the brief confusion in the first place, especially when Luke had only helped him.

"So your two friends - they speak English, not French?" It was likely a safe guess, given that Luke had spoken English from the very start of their interaction. If his friends spoke French, then in all likelihood he would've spoken French instead.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2014 5:17 pm
He shook his head again but left it at that; it was easy to see that Ion was a person who was innately considerate of others, and he doubted any amount of dismissal would lessen the underlying feelings of guilt that spurred on the apology in the first place.

"I guess the speak English," he replied with a nod. "I mean, I don't know if they speak French or not... It's never come up."  

Suudonym
Vice Captain

Winner

BlackFireKitsune
Vice Captain

Tiny Lunatic

PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2014 6:40 pm
Ion nodded in return. "You've been speaking English this whole time until just a minute ago," he pointed out, hoping it would help at least a little, "so it would make sense." It made him quite glad that Luke switched back to English - sending him back to his friends who spoke English with him speaking only French would have made him feel terrible, especially if they didn't speak French themselves.  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2014 6:48 pm
He gave one small, somewhat insincere laugh, "Maybe I should switch back to French. Then it wouldn't matter how I acted; they wouldn't know what I was saying anyway."  

Suudonym
Vice Captain

Winner

BlackFireKitsune
Vice Captain

Tiny Lunatic

PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2014 6:51 pm
Vaguely bewildered by Luke's comment that came seemingly from no where - or at least, no where he was aware of - the trainer tilted his head a little bit. "What do you mean?"  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2014 6:59 pm
Oh, that was probably kind of out of place to say all of a sudden, wasn't it? "Um." His gaze fell awkwardly. "I'm just... trying to figure out a lot of things." He raised a hand to his neck. "I don't know if you really want to hear about my weird personal problems, though..."  

Suudonym
Vice Captain

Winner

BlackFireKitsune
Vice Captain

Tiny Lunatic

PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2014 7:44 pm
Well he did say he had amnesia and couldn't remember his friends - he should've realized Luke would have a lot to figure out, if he didn't remember anything. "Oh, no! I don't mind at all," Ion replied with a reassuring smile, "especially if it's something you need to talk about."  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2014 8:51 pm
He felt bad unloading his emotional baggage on this nice kid, but at the same time, he didn't know how he could face the pair in the hotel room without coming to some kind of conclusion. Otherwise he would just doom them all to awkward silences and forced interactions. "I just... don't know how to act," he said haltingly, lifting his shoulders in a shrug that was likely less casual than he wanted it to look. "They're friends... Or, one is a really close friend, and one is my fiancee, of all things - I don't even know her name, but we're engaged. They're perfect strangers, but they're also people I'm supposed to be really close to."  

Suudonym
Vice Captain

Winner

BlackFireKitsune
Vice Captain

Tiny Lunatic

PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2014 9:42 pm
Ion was more than happy to listen if Luke wanted to talk - it was the least he could do after the redhead had so kindly helped him get to his room - though he wasn't entirely sure what exactly to expect. Amnesia wasn't something he'd thought much about before, but the repercussions of it now were becoming quite obvious the more he spoke to Luke, and the more he heard. His fiancee and one of his best friends were there, but he didn't remember them at all - he was spending time with total strangers, while his fiancee and friend were spending time with someone important to them who couldn't remember them anymore. "That sounds like a very difficult situation," he replied carefully, his tones sympathetic as he attempted to understand both sides. He frowned thoughtfully for another moment or two before asking, "Why don't you know how to act?"  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2014 9:56 pm
"I don't know if I should treat them as strangers or friends," he explained. "I mean, strangers are what they are, so that's what's easiest, of course, but if I tell them that I want them to think of me as someone different from the person I was... Who would want to hear that from their close friend? Or from their fiance?" He shook his head faintly, "But my other option is to play friends. Their feelings don't get hurt as much, sure, and maybe I'm a little closer to who I was before, but I don't know if I'm that good of an actor."  

Suudonym
Vice Captain

Winner

BlackFireKitsune
Vice Captain

Tiny Lunatic

PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2014 11:21 pm
"I see what you mean," he said with a nod, a faint frown on his face. This situation sounded like it would be terribly difficult for both sides to have to go through; he wished there was something he could do to help, but what could he do? That wasn't what Luke was talking to him about, though, and he gave the matter due consideration. "The right decision isn't always about what's easiest to do or easiest to accept, nor is it always an easy decision to reach. From what I've seen, you're a very kind person," he offered with a smile, folding his hands in his lap, "and I believe you'll make the right decision that's best for everyone."  
Roleplay

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff