Welcome to Gaia! ::

Reply Roleplay
[ORP] Clean Slate (Rockets only) Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 ... 13 14 15 16 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Shaddaling

Wrathful Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Sun May 11, 2014 6:52 am
Lex had doubts about the new base, he expressed them before in the meeting and he really stuck to them, even as they piled in the vans and moved onwards. He didn’t express it; he would just be repeating himself and Grimlock had once again escaped from her pokeball, so he was keeping her contained.

Once he was out, he let his Flareon loose and passed the baby Fennekin to him. Sideways’ captured Grimlock skillfully, they had been doing this for nearly a month now, and held her by the scruff of her neck, following his trainer into the base. Lex vowed after room assignments he was going to request a vehicle for a shopping spree. Baby proofing and training gear. All the gear.

Lex kept to the back, listening and hmmed slightly, thoughtful. A Joltik? Mite pokemon, tiny at four inches, and light. Certainly a hitch hiker, but more likely to travel on large pokemon then people. “It might be smart to check the outlets of your assigned rooms,” he mused out loud. “And this system, does it pick up pokemon on pokemon accompanied by a Team Rocket Agent?” He questioned, looking at Lucas.  
PostPosted: Sun May 11, 2014 8:40 am
"Might not have come in on you guys at all," Lucas replied to Frost with a shrug. "You're the first group moving in from an outpost, but construction and maintenance and some other people have been in and out for a while. I mean hell, it might even belong to someone for all we know. Though if that's the case, that someone is in a looot of trouble..." They offered pokeball locks for a reason; there was no excuse for letting a pokemon like that roam around if the trainer couldn't control it. "But yeah, wild or not, that Joltik is in the wrong place to be acting like it owns the place. It's only a matter of time before we track it down, one way or another."

He inclined his head slightly as Frost's tone lowered, nodding his acknowledgment. "Well, even a recap is useful. I think the tracking team is pretty much ready to go at any time, so whenever you think you've got enough to substantiate a report.

He turned to Lex as he realized he was being posed with a question. "Oh, uh, yeah?" Didn't he say something like that before? Maybe he'd just thought it. Bugs on the brain. "It picks up all pokemon that enter, but it disregards the ones that are coming in with a Rocket."  

Suudonym
Vice Captain

Winner

TawnyAngel

Predestined Inquisitor

PostPosted: Sun May 11, 2014 9:39 am
Frost gave Lex a long slow look, a look so stony that it was positively fossilized. Eventually he blinked. "I would presume that pokemon that are on pokemon that are with a Rocket would be considered to be 'with' the rocket by extension. I assume it is based on proximity to a registered dex or similar?" he tilted his head sharply to the side. "If that is the case then if it accepted your pokemon as yours then it would also accept a pokemon attached to your pokemon. It is not, as they say, 'rocket science'. Although in this case it is Rocket science that has made all of this possible. Ah-ha."

Having dealt with the trainee, and apparently even managed to make a pun, Frost turned back to Lucas. "Consider it done, as soon as I have organized my room I will submit my findings. Another thing 'they' say is that there's no time like the present... which I would have thought would be quite obvious but there you have it."

Aulus took Tam's dex, inspected it for a moment, and handed it back with a wide grin as she spoke. "Psh, I should think so too!" he laughed, punching her very lightly on the arm - really it was more of a fist tap but still, manly gesture of glee made. "Glad to have you neighbour, I was a bit worried I'd get stuck with somebody unbearable and have to beg Claire to pull some strings and get me moved, or them moved." Had one of them arranged this anyway somehow? Might Alex have been involved despite not being on site?... But he would have said so, right? He hadn't heard from his friend in hours though... hours. Maybe he should text again, just in case his last message hadn't got through.

"So, shall we go find out what our new accommodation is like?" Aulus suggested, shaking himself back to there here and now and holding up his dex to inspect the map. "I guess... this way then? Hey, we could ditch our stuff and then expolore a bit; what do you say? I want to see the training facilities."  
PostPosted: Sun May 11, 2014 11:03 am
"Well, I'm glad you're not going to have to get anyone moved. That would be a hassle, having just moved in..." Tam' mused, grinning back at the tap from Aulus "Sounds good. Training facilities? Good idea, going to be spending a lot of time in there... I would rather like to take a glimpse at the labs very soon, too; it's been so long since I had a proper workspace... No more 'on the floor' or 'borrowed desk, borrowed table..."

She took a good look at the star on the map as Aulus did, agreeing heartedly with the idea of ditching the stuff to be able to look around as soon as they could.  

Gwennythe
Crew

Feral Nerd

TawnyAngel

Predestined Inquisitor

PostPosted: Sun May 11, 2014 12:41 pm
Aulus swung his bag more comfortably over his shoulder and nodded. "I'd be interested to see any bits of the labs I'm cleared to... that don't involve unpleasant experiments that is." He kept the results of one of those in a locked pokeball to prevent the crazy creature from causing havoc when havoc was not the order of the day. He'd often wondered if Discord might have been different if he hadn't been experimented on so heavily... but he had to admit he was fond of the troublemaker as he was. It was hard not to get fond of pokemon you worked closely with for so long, the darned grass type even listened to him most of the time these days.

"I'm going to miss natural light," he observed as they set off. "I mean I know we'll get out plenty but... just strange living under a lake, you know?" He didn't like the lack of natural light but... well he'd get used to it he supposed, he'd have to.  
PostPosted: Sun May 11, 2014 1:07 pm
Snrk!

The teen unexpectedly let out a loud, amused snort at Frost's pun, his slightly hunched shoulders shaking slightly as he tried to muffle his laughter. HA! Rocket science; that was really rather clever! He hid his face against the top of Chiro's head to smother his laughter as he stepped forward in line and blindly held out his Rocketdex.

He would definitely have to remember that for when he started working in the labs.

Once he had his Rocketdex back safely in his hands, he turned to scan the surrounding area. Hm...where to start? "Pumpkaboooooo." He spared a glance down at his obviously annoyed pokemon. "I know, there's so many places that need exploring." He said lightly as he started towards the door that would take him out of the office.  

insidiousEnigma

Bashful Bunny

Shaddaling

Wrathful Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Sun May 11, 2014 2:32 pm
Lex gave a sharp smile at Frost. "I only wanted to make sure there wasn't some sort of cross reference database that makes sure the pokemon with the Rocket actually belong to them. It might be a good addition to base security to keep out tiny mite pokemon. Or ghost pokemon, they probably could cost much more damage to the base then that tiny Joltik."

Rocket science, hahahah. With the technology around the base he was surprise they didn't have an identifying program already in place.  
PostPosted: Sun May 11, 2014 3:14 pm
"Bingo," Lucas said, pointing to Frost as he voiced his assumption on nature of the system. "Various kinds of sensors monitor every living thing that passes by the entry points, human or pokemon. If the system detects a body that's not within a certain distance from an active rocketdex signal, it triggers an alarm. Nothing terribly fancy."

He made a reluctant expression in response to Lex's suggestion, "That kind of thing sounds good on paper, but in execution..." He shrugged one shoulder. "Chipping every single pokemon on Rocket premises sounds like a huge drain on resources."  

Suudonym
Vice Captain

Winner

Blood_Goddess
Crew

Supreme Roisterer

PostPosted: Sun May 11, 2014 3:41 pm
The download complete, along with the updates for the dex that the connection had provided, Faleen's primary interest were to the security clearance she had been provided, double checking to make sure she would still have access to the engineer labs, learning the new security procedure that she felt was a very innovative and much less complicated way that, one could appreciate the new technology that the HQ has, and she wondered what other state of the art features it would have.

In the process of looking through the locations of the new map she had displayed on the dex, the dark blond Agent glanced over to the familiar team mates discussing the possibility of an escaped Joltik in the base electronics.
"wild pokemon certainly don't make it a habit to get in very often." She noted, glancing from Lex to the higher ranks in charge as Lucas explained what system they had in place to try and prevent such events.
"Perhaps it will work better when there isn't this level of traffic going in and out of the HQ"

She had to wonder though-, she understood with so much movement in and out that the chances of something small slipping in were fairly high, but it didn't sound like a good start of the new HQ so far. Pokemon like a loose electric type were a danger to her own work after all, she would not tolerate one being loose where it could cause damage.  
PostPosted: Sun May 11, 2014 3:54 pm
Kyle showed little interest in the fact that there was apparently a joltik running around the base somewhere. He didn't know a whole lot about what that pokemon was, he was sure they didn't exist in Kalos, or he would have recognized it.

Ignoring the on going discussion about the pokemon, Kyle looked instead at his dex, shifting around through the map settings before he looked up to the closest Executive.
"I have a question, What does this new base have in terms of options for storing or parking privately owned vehicles?"  

Blood_Goddess
Crew

Supreme Roisterer

Shaddaling

Wrathful Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Sun May 11, 2014 4:00 pm
"Could you manage to use the registration data? And I was wondering how in depth the scans are. If they picked up species and type data, could you cross reference it with known Pokemon for that member of the origination?" Lex questioned, intrigued with the security network. "It would not be as secure as chipping the Pokemon, but I think it would be easier to execute."  
PostPosted: Sun May 11, 2014 4:04 pm
"Ya headin' to yer room first?" Jerome asked Zacharie, grinning from the younger Rocket's excitement. "Might wanna drop y's**t off b'fore ya go lookin' round the base."

Bro floated up from Jerome's shadow, the large ghost smirking, with stubby arms crossed over his chest.
Gleaming greens eyes glanced briefly around the room they were in with a mild interest before he drifted slowly over to the smaller ghost type that had been hanging around Zachaire.
"Gaaaaar"
Heck yeah! He liked this idea of exploring.  

Blood_Goddess
Crew

Supreme Roisterer

TawnyAngel

Predestined Inquisitor

PostPosted: Sun May 11, 2014 4:06 pm
KO waited in line more or less patiently, listening to the conversation about the Joltik and the base's new security measures; good to know how things worked. He tried to catch Lex's eye for a nod of acknowledgement but not all that hard, his main focus was getting up to a scanner without getting shoved by anyone large.

When he made it to the front of the line he pulled out his 'dex with a flourish and held it out for scanning. "Humm, base floor five?" KO moved out of the way of the crowd studying the map and pulling his wheeled suitcase along behind him. From the look of the floor plan all grunt rooms were on this floor along with what he assumed were trainee barracks.... Heh, and look at that. "Lucky number thirteen anyone?" he drawled casually, raising his dex and giving it a little wave. He really, really hoped he didn't get stuck with somebody slovenly... or with Former Commander Star for that matter, he couldn't stand the idea of having to deal with that screechy man after a long day's work.  
PostPosted: Sun May 11, 2014 4:17 pm
"Most experiments probably aren't exactly... very accessible for anyone except those involved right now, anyway..." Tambrey mused as she and Aulus walked; it was right after, and during, a big move, after all... "I suspect we could look in on the rooms themselves and whatever's in them right now though... Kind of -need- to know where they are and what we can and can't get into and where all that stuff is after all."
She smirked.
"I know what you mean, though I have to admit," a pause and the smirk became a little deeper "I really think it's kind of, uh, cool... 'S a big secret base under a lake full of tech and science, right? It's like a comic book or a cartoon. Did I tell you about the place I saw under a Kaiba Corp building? Small, but pretty awesome; like a Batcave... This, though," She paused, trying to find the right example, then grinned "this is like a Dharma facility... Do y' think there's a big wheel somewhere down here to move Kodo around?"  

Gwennythe
Crew

Feral Nerd

insidiousEnigma

Bashful Bunny

PostPosted: Sun May 11, 2014 4:21 pm
Upon hearing Jerome's amused comment, the teen paused in his hasty exit. "You make a valid point." He conceded slowly, a small scowl tugging at his lips. He didn't want to go to his room, he wanted to explore all of the nooks and crannies before winding up at his room to sleep. It would be a very good idea to go get his plants set up and settled in their new homes...he didn't want them going into shock while they were packed away...

Chiro was wiggled restlessly in his arms before freezing as the Gengar moved closer. It squeaked, torn between hiding against his trainer and continuing to try to escape. He settled for simply staying put but leveling Bro with a, hopefully, intimidating look. "I suppose my first stop will be my room then; my plants shouldn't stay packed away for too long." He nodded thoughtfully before turning to smile at Jerome. "Are you rooming with Izaya again?" He asked curiously.  
Roleplay

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 ... 13 14 15 16 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff