Welcome to Gaia! ::

Reply Roleplay
[FIN] Identical Arrangements; Important Changes Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Gwennythe
Crew

Feral Nerd

PostPosted: Fri May 23, 2014 2:22 pm
"Excellent, and I can help..uh. I can... promise to be a good student.. more?" She faltered, frowning slightly; she wasn't -exactly- sure what the practical benefits of being in the labs, particularly bio or genetics, really were to a friend unless they... happened to want some kind of test done on themselves or their pokémon... Well. Maybe she could... create a glow in the dark plant or something? That would be interesting novelty value -at least- and it wouldn't be complex compared to most of the work they did regularly...
"Do you like glowing plants?" Tambrey thought to ask before nodding. "Well, either way it's an improvement on -something-."  
PostPosted: Fri May 23, 2014 2:32 pm
"Heh, you are a good student." She was, couldn't argue with that, and she was... well she was his friend, he didn't have a lot and he valued those he did have a great deal. Sharing something extra with a friend, getting more time with them, had to be a good thing right? Exactly right.

"I've never had one, but I'd like one!" Aulus continued, his eyebrows raising and a proper smile returning to his lips. "Can you guys make those? I mean I know it's possible but I didn't know they let you do that kind of stuff down in the labs. I thought it was all," he gestured vaguely, trying to avoid saying 'torturous experiments on pokemon' "you know, stuff with a practical application or stuff you could sell.... Though I guess you could sell glowing plants, that's just ******** cool."  

TawnyAngel

Predestined Inquisitor

Gwennythe
Crew

Feral Nerd

PostPosted: Fri May 23, 2014 4:01 pm
Tambrey smiled in thanks- that was nice to hear, weirdly... Once upon a time, she might have considered the statement to be somewhat insulting; a back-handed compliment almost. She knew, however, that Aulus would mean it, and her priorities had certainly changed from when she'd first become a Rocket.

"Eh... Well, strictly speaking, we more deal with pokémon for actual -work- as that's where all the, um, real money is and what the Team is... most interested in, but there's no real objection to what we do with our spare time, and if something can be sold for the benefit of the organisation if need be... Well," She grinned a little "In short? Yes. I can definitely make those without actually impacting my work load much at all..."  
PostPosted: Sat May 24, 2014 12:13 pm
"That is awesome. Seriously awesome," Aulus grinned; glowing plants! You had to admit that in the 'real' world (real as in legal he guessed) your friends couldn't just make you glowing plants in their spare time, there were probably all sorts of laws about s**t like that. Or maybe not, he didn't actually know or much care; it wasn't a world he'd ever be a part of again after all. "Plants for prints?" he continued in querying tones. "Don't let me forget to put the files on a tick for you, I can do that after we've eaten and watched Shield and all." He wasn't really sure what Tam's tastes were but he had a wide variety (of pokemon and landscape shots at least) so there was bound to be something that took her fancy.  

TawnyAngel

Predestined Inquisitor

Gwennythe
Crew

Feral Nerd

PostPosted: Sat May 24, 2014 5:26 pm
Tambrey... did think it was awesome, but the actual work for the team almost registered it in the realm of 'mundane', in practice, comparatively, thus she was always rather pleased when someone found such science to be 'awesome' as Aulus had just put it.
She grinned and nodded.
"Plants for prints; deal. Sounds good... Uh, I'll actually have to see what I can get my hands on, but I bet I can engineer something rather easy to look after... A house-plant, definitely."  
PostPosted: Sun May 25, 2014 10:15 am
"Deal," Aulus repeated, now actually getting around to fetching the rest of the stuff he'd brought out of his bag. "Okay soooo.... Chopping boards, knives, and a wok? Humm, and some vegetable oil of course." As he spoke Aulus started wandering around the kitchen, poking in cupboards for the items he wanted. "Got the boards!" he soon announced, reappearing from the cupboard he'd just lent into with a couple of plastic chopping boards in one hand. Preparing a stir fry always too ages even though his knife skills had improved a lot since coming here but it would be much quicker with both of them doing it.  

TawnyAngel

Predestined Inquisitor

Gwennythe
Crew

Feral Nerd

PostPosted: Sun May 25, 2014 11:45 am
Aulus would likely notice the appearance of a wok, when he emerged from the cupboard, and now Tambrey was having little difficulty locating knives too.
Though the kitchen wasn't exactly fully stocked, or rather, a mess, as the old one had been, it was certainly, she thought, 'good enough' so far.
"Maybe a lily? Hm. Or a poinsettia... They're probably harder work though... even without being made to glow. Maybe. I'll ask Lu..." She seemed to be rather caught up with planning out the plant for a moment, but still was able to help set up as she thought the project through.  
PostPosted: Mon May 26, 2014 12:00 pm
"Annnnd knives," Aulus concluded, grabbing a couple from a block that had been tucked away out of immediate sight and carrying them over to a work surface. "I think those might be a bit fancy for me," he continued with a grin, "how about something... shrubby, I don't know. Plants." Shrugging expressively he grabbed the couple of carrots he'd got, washed them, topped and tailed and then started to cut them into thin batons. "Does this work for you?" he asked belatedly. "Probably should have actually discussed before doing... but there's only so many ways you can cut up veg for a stir fry, right?" Right.  

TawnyAngel

Predestined Inquisitor

Gwennythe
Crew

Feral Nerd

PostPosted: Mon May 26, 2014 1:14 pm
"Something shrubby... Well, I'm sure I can do that, but you'll want green stem and leaves; preferably somewhat broad, or the lighting affect might be rather lost... I'm sure there's something good and suitable though." She'd just have to ask around and maybe show him so pictures of plants at some point...

Tambrey looked over, as Aulus asked, readying to cut into chunks, simply out of habit, before nodding. "Oh! Yes, certainly. Shall I cut like that too or is a mix alright? I don't think it'd interfere too much with the cooking time." She wasn't exactly a chef, but stir fries hadn't gone wrong for her -thus far-. Still, it had been a little while and there were always firsts...  
PostPosted: Mon May 26, 2014 1:49 pm
Ah, he hadn't thought of that. Aulus nodded. "Well, whatever works then. Just not too," he gestured with the knife, "frilly. Or delicate, because I'd probably kill it. Ha! How about a cactus?" Claire had called him a cactus, so if a cactus would work a cactus it would be and he would show her a picture; see if he could get a chuckle out of her over it. The new improved glowing cactus, courtesy of Science.

"Oh, right, and yeah," he shrugged, "different textures and that is good I think? Give it a bit more variety, right? Oh, we were going to have the noodles too weren't we? Shall I shove the kettle on?" He'd picked up dried noodles, not too fancy maybe but quick and easy and perfectly tasty with seasoning.  

TawnyAngel

Predestined Inquisitor

Gwennythe
Crew

Feral Nerd

PostPosted: Mon May 26, 2014 3:40 pm
"Ooh! Cactus! Yes, definitely!" Tambrey enthused. "A glowing cactus is certainly doable... I guess you don't want a flowering kind though?"

She nodded and went to work, continuing to chop into chunks.
"Oh. We'll need a pot. Oh, I'm sure that'll be easy to find. Any preference on pots? Yep, I'm nearly done here, with these... Just a few more."  
PostPosted: Mon May 26, 2014 4:21 pm
"Flowering is okay actually," Aulus shrugged with a flash of a smile, "a cactus with flowers is still metal as hell. Well, as metal as plants get; like that plant that can dehydrate and then be revived hundreds of years later. Anywaym so long as it's spiky it's all good. Hehe, glowing cactus. Any kind of plain pot would do fine I think, black or terracotta or whatever.... Oh, you meant for the noodles?" As he spoke Aulus moved to fill up the kettle. "Dur. Yeah, and kind of pot you can find that will take about a litre of water." That would be plenty to cook the little nests of noodles in.  

TawnyAngel

Predestined Inquisitor

Gwennythe
Crew

Feral Nerd

PostPosted: Mon May 26, 2014 4:33 pm
"No, no, I meant for the cactus," Tambrey confirmed with a smirk, before looking for a pot for the noodles too "and... Well. Good. That makes 't a tonne easier; flowers are much easier to engineer into glowing specimens. So you'll get a glowing, flowering, cactus."  
PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2014 1:45 pm
"Oh, heh, that's okay then," Aulus replied, feeling a bit daft for having second guessed himself and got it wrong but not to worried about feeling daft. It was good to be able to relax around people, some people at any rate. "And great," he continued with a nod, "I can't wait to see it! When you get the time, obviously, and I guess it'll have to grow? Well, I'm excited regardless."

A soft 'click' announced the boiling of the kettle and Aulus responded by grabbing it and heading over to pour it into the pot. "I'm glad they have proper electric kettles in here, I had no idea how anyone lives without them," he commented with a shake of his head. "And uh, okay so we want to bring this back to the boil... do you want to take care of them, or of the stir fry? I'm not fussed either way."  

TawnyAngel

Predestined Inquisitor

Gwennythe
Crew

Feral Nerd

PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2014 2:14 pm
"Oh, time won't be too much of an issue." Tambrey smiled. "Simple gene gun genetics, a little bit of growing... Probably be able to see some of the results within a week, be certain in two... It'll take a while to grow 'big' after that, but for its function... Maybe 3 weeks to be what you might expect to see out of it?" Tambrey estimated carefully.

"Oh, uh... Well, I can take care of the noodles if you wanted to fry? Makes no real difference to me either..."  
Roleplay

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff