Welcome to Gaia! ::

A Crafter's Guild

Back to Guilds

A place to showcase your creations, get inspiration, ask and/or answer questions, and just have fun! 

Tags: Crafting, Beading, Drawing, Jewelry, Photography 

Reply Welcome to A Crafter's Guild
Update! Pics added Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Emm-Kaye
Captain

PostPosted: Sat Sep 06, 2014 8:54 pm
Going to the bead store tomorrow - they're having a sale ... all beads 1/2 off!

Well worth the almost 2 hour drive to get there!  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 07, 2014 9:20 pm
Just got home from visiting my friend & the bead store.
Got over $330 worth of beads & findings for only $165!

Since I really didn't have any specific projects in mind, I picked mostly Miyuki Delica beads - 20 tubes!! They are normally $5-$8 per tube (or more!), so I couldn't resist getting them for half off. Mostly got 11/0 (small), but also several tubes of 15/0 (even smaller).

I also got some strands of gemstone beads, and some Czech glass beads.

All in all, a totally GREAT birthday present to myself.  

Emm-Kaye
Captain

Emm-Kaye
Captain

PostPosted: Sun Sep 07, 2014 9:26 pm
My friend & I also went to several stores, found lots of fun stuff, and had a total blast!

We had lunch at the BEST Indian restaurant (which has a buffet, and they refill your cup of Chai tea as often as you want).  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 13, 2014 12:35 pm
Have caught a cold, so will be beading this whole weekend, rather than roaming around stores.
Win, win?  

Emm-Kaye
Captain

Felina75

Cheery Conversationalist

PostPosted: Sat Sep 13, 2014 9:01 pm
Emm-Kaye
Have caught a cold, so will be beading this whole weekend, rather than roaming around stores.
Win, win?
Hi Emm-Kaye! Sorry you caught a cold. I hate those things. But beading is always fun. heart  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2014 10:51 am
Felina75
Emm-Kaye
Win, win?
Hi Emm-Kaye! Sorry you caught a cold. I hate those things. But beading is always fun. heart
Sadly, I don't feel good enough to bead, even.
Slept most of yesterday, and am seriously thinking of going back to bed right now.  

Emm-Kaye
Captain

Emm-Kaye
Captain

PostPosted: Mon Sep 15, 2014 8:02 am
Staying home from work today, since I feel pretty much like I've been run over by a truck.
Hurt all over, coughing, sneezing, gone though most of a box of tissues, etc.

Going back to bed shortly.
Hopefully this afternoon I'll be feeling better, so I can go to the store & buy more cold medicine & tissues.  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2014 5:59 am
Made it to the store - good thing I had a shopping cart to hang onto. Made it back home ok, and went back to bed.
I am feeling a little better today, or at least I was, until I went downstairs & started some laundry. Now I'm completely worn out, and about ready to go back to bed!  

Emm-Kaye
Captain

Emm-Kaye
Captain

PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2014 5:59 pm
Managed to survive a full day at work.
Walking to the break room to get hot water for tea tired me out so much that I had to just sit & rest a couple of times (took care of all my emails then).

Moved too fast/did too much several times, and became drenched in sweat (due to the low-grade fever), but I had way too much to do to be able to come home early.

I'm now drinking a Hot Toddy, and am totally sweating, but breathing MUCH better.

I actually feel a whole lot better than yesterday, and am REALLY hoping I will be well enough to go to a Bridal Shower on Saturday.  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 18, 2014 4:39 am
Woke myself up coughing up junk out of my lungs. Not fun.
Rather than try to sleep any more, and continue coughing, I decided to just get up.

Hopefully I'll be able to do some beading this weekend. Want to figure out what to do with some of the new beads I got!  

Emm-Kaye
Captain

Emm-Kaye
Captain

PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2014 7:48 pm
Made 2 new bracelets yesterday.
Will try to upload pics tomorrow.  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 25, 2014 6:20 pm
10 - 12 hour work days cut into free time a lot!
As soon as I can upload the pics, I will get them posted.
Sorry for the delay.  

Emm-Kaye
Captain

Emm-Kaye
Captain

PostPosted: Sat Oct 04, 2014 10:59 am
Honestly can't decide what I want to do today - bead, or knit.

I want to use some of my new beads (and try Chainmail!), but I also want to finish my sweater I've been working on.  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 16, 2014 6:06 pm
My bracelet clasp broke at work today (it's one I bought, rather than one I made).
I got very lucky, though - I was reaching forward over a desk when the bracelet fell off. It dropped onto the desk (about 4 inches), and didn't break.

I'd been debating putting a different clasp on it anyway, since it's just a shade too big, and spins around on my wrist during the day. Guess this solved the debate!
Now to find a really nice clasp to go with it, from my findings stash.  

Emm-Kaye
Captain

Emm-Kaye
Captain

PostPosted: Thu Nov 06, 2014 6:02 pm
Been too busy with work and regular life stuff to be able to do much crafting, of any kind.
Hopefully this weekend, I'll be able to get back into it!  
Welcome to A Crafter's Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff