Submit

lZAYA ORlHARA

Chatty Informer

8,700 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Informer 100
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2014 11:55 am
Nakura responded with the clicking of his tongue and a scolding finger wag. "Sharp as ever! I'm so happy. But that particular answer isn't something I feel like offering freely just now. Let's just say it was in my interests to come to this part of town and introduce you to my wonderful teammate, here. Something of a whim. On top of that, we've suffered some losses lately, so why not attempt to aquire new talent where we can find it? It's as good a time as any, isn't it?"  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2014 4:41 pm
She watched coolly as her visitor spoke, glancing briefly to the woman accompanying him. "Should I take that to mean that your reason is something you don't wish your associate to learn? Or is it something you don't wish me to learn?"  

Suudonym
Vice Captain

Winner

lZAYA ORlHARA

Chatty Informer

8,700 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Informer 100
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2014 4:47 pm
"Come now, Aveline-chan...you know how this works. If you want any information pertaining to that specific subject, it's going to cost you," the man said, a warning note in his tone. "The fact of the matter is that it doesn't concern you, so there's no need to worry your pretty little head about it. Now, shall we return to the matter at hand?" he asked, his voice regaining its cheerful quality.  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2014 5:07 pm
She snorted lightly but refrained from commenting further; she wasn't sure how he could come to her place of business, make an offer of employment to her, and then claim the reason he'd come wasn't her concern. But fine - the truth would come out sooner or later, one way or another, whether he wanted it to or not.

"Very well," she ceded, shifting her weight to one foot and lifting her chin slightly. "Then I'll raise a question that does pertain to me: What role do you foresee me occupying in your machine?"  

Suudonym
Vice Captain

Winner

lZAYA ORlHARA

Chatty Informer

8,700 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Informer 100
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2014 10:06 pm
"That really depends on what you're interested in doing," the grunt answered, getting up. "We have a whole lot of positions open, especially to you, since you've got so many wonderful skills."

"Ah...sorry, but may I use your bathroom? Faleen-chan here can explain more. Agents are technically the only ones allowed to do the actual recruiting, anyway. I just thought I'd point her in the right direction~"

PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2014 10:14 pm
"I don't get the impression that Miss Faleen was aware that you would be thrusting this responsibility upon her," she said, her tone somewhat airy as she folded her arms again, "but if you insist on excusing yourself, the door is behind you."  

Suudonym
Vice Captain

Winner

Blood_Goddess
Crew

Supreme Roisterer

PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2014 10:23 pm
The Agents eyes blinked once when it was made glaringly clear that suddenly the recruitment responsibility was being thrust onto her, granted she was the agent, but Faleen had never recruited anyone before, and rarely had interest in trying to convince people why they should join Team Rocket.

Her face flushed, though her expressed remained mostly level as she looked over to Izaya. "I won't deny that I was." in reply to the other girls comment.
"Not to mention I don't know anything about the lady we are trying to recruit."  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2014 10:28 pm
Half poised to head into the bathroom, the man looked back over his shoulder. "Eh? Well Faleen-chan wasn't aware that I would be thrust upon her either - er, as a responsibility, I mean - and she handles me just fine! Ah, that is...'handles' as in partnership...not...well, 'partnership' as in...nevermind."

He laughed as he stuck his head out the bathroom door. "Anyway, weren't you listening? I told you all that fascinating stuff about Aveline-chan! Oh well, if you didn't get any of that, isn't now the perfect time to talk about it? You can even talk about me behind my back. Sorry, I really have to go!"

Door shut.

lZAYA ORlHARA

Chatty Informer

8,700 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Informer 100
  • Person of Interest 200

Suudonym
Vice Captain

Winner

PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2014 10:36 pm
"Irresponsible." The word was muttered under her breath, though not at an inaudible volume. When she spoke again, however, her words were more obviously intended to be heard, "He can explain it himself." It wasn't as though trips to the restroom were typically time-consuming adventures, after all.  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2014 10:40 pm
"I heard that!" came a muffled voice through the door. Not long after it was some scuffling and a noise of irritation. Then there were a few minutes of silence before the flush of a toilet, the rush of running tap-water, and the door opening once more.

"Sorry," came his voice as he turned back to the two young women. "Back now."

lZAYA ORlHARA

Chatty Informer

8,700 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Informer 100
  • Person of Interest 200

Blood_Goddess
Crew

Supreme Roisterer

PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2014 10:42 pm
The Agents jaw set a little bit, but she didn't look terribly surprised at Izaya's retort about her dealing with him being put as her partner,
Those were two entirely different things.

Pulling her arms up to cross them over her chest as she waited in relative silence for Izaya to finish, nodding as he came back out.  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2014 10:50 pm
In the small duration of silence, the girl took up a place near the couch, leaning against the back of it with her legs crossed at the ankles. Her gaze fell upon Izaya as he announced himself. "Are you prepared to give a proper explanation now," she said, "or do you still have other distractions and diversions you'd like to employ first?"  

Suudonym
Vice Captain

Winner

lZAYA ORlHARA

Chatty Informer

8,700 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Informer 100
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2014 11:12 pm
Looking sheepish still, the smiling informant came back over, shaking his head with a red face.  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 14, 2014 7:44 am
She tapped one foot against the floor lightly, "Is that 'no' you're not prepared, or 'no' you're not going to beat around the bush anymore?" Her patience was a finite resource, and she was certain that Izaya had to understand the inherent value of time and the frustration of having it pointlessly wasted.  

Suudonym
Vice Captain

Winner

lZAYA ORlHARA

Chatty Informer

8,700 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Informer 100
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Sat Jun 14, 2014 7:53 am
"Ah - well that would depend on what you mean," he said, speaking slowly. He did not looking Aveline in the eye, but stared at the ground instead, as if feeling guilty about something. "I thought our proposition was quite clear."

Something was off. Nakura's voice sounded strangely distant and his lips, if studied closely enough, were slightly off-sync with his words.

Roleplay

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff