Welcome to Gaia! ::

*~ International Chinese Unite ~*

Back to Guilds

Dedicated to bringing Chinese and friends from all over the world together. 

Tags: China, Chinese, friendship, Culture 

Reply *~ International Chinese Unite ~*
Favourite Chinese TV Series Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 ... 16 17 18 19 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

ENG or CHIN TV series?
English
24%
 24%  [ 9 ]
Chinese
75%
 75%  [ 28 ]
Total Votes : 37

Mingo Mui

PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2005 3:08 pm
Yoshimitsu Kyoshi
I liked "The Conqueror's Story"

I think I remember this one!! OMG there is sooo many weird translated names for these Chinese TV series that they are so hard to remember. If only I could read and write in Chinese that would be of help. *sighs*  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2005 9:09 pm
Where legends begin.
The conclusion made me cry.
It was so sad..  

Darkaznstargoddess
Captain

Ruthless Genius

13,100 Points
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Bunny Spotter 50

Necessary Discomforts

PostPosted: Sat Mar 05, 2005 1:01 pm
Virtue of Happiness and this monkey king cartoon series I used to watch! 3nodding Its awesome, and "Breaking Point" with Leon Lai, very olddd... but I love it. And this one about two brothers in HK where one was lost and the other one was with his mom, and they find each other in the their 20's where they're reunited when the lost little brother boards one of their rooms. ^-^ I think Stephen is so hot. xd

I used to like Pearl Princess, but it got old real fast to me. In '99, when went to china for vacation, it was like the biggest thing ever and we tuned in every night (only 8 channels! Heck, the TV only had buttons for the 8 channels! ) Loved it, now I hate it because it got old real fast. x)

PostPosted: Sat Mar 05, 2005 1:32 pm
Mr.Moonlight
Virtue of Happiness and this monkey king cartoon series I used to watch! 3nodding Its awesome, and "Breaking Point" with Leon Lai, very olddd... but I love it. And this one about two brothers in HK where one was lost and the other one was with his mom, and they find each other in the their 20's where they're reunited when the lost little brother boards one of their rooms. ^-^ I think Stephen is so hot. xd

I used to like Pearl Princess, but it got old real fast to me. In '99, when went to china for vacation, it was like the biggest thing ever and we tuned in every night (only 8 channels! Heck, the TV only had buttons for the 8 channels! ) Loved it, now I hate it because it got old real fast. x)

oh...um...'waun gu gak gak' ??....i was watching that in 99 when i went to hk too...was so hooked to it then but don't like it anymore...hehe oh and don't mind my pin yin...truth is i suck at those... sweatdrop

no one said Armed Reaction and its sequels sad ...i love that show...so funny. oh and i just watched Dream of Colours too...was pretty ok as well...  

fiwa

Deivon

PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2005 1:17 pm
It's old, it aired in Hong Kong a long time ago, but I love it. Sup Yoot Chaw Ngh Dik Ngh Gwang. You Toronto buddies might know it better as O Moon Gai, or "Return of the Cuckoo".  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2005 6:12 am
I love the White Flame. I forgot what it's called in chinese. xp Anyways, it's a nurse story. 3nodding  

KKeclipse

Mingo Mui

PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2005 7:06 am
KKeclipse
I love the White Flame. I forgot what it's called in chinese. xp Anyways, it's a nurse story. 3nodding

Is it that one that had a group of young friends in nursing school trying to become nurses? Just wondering, cause I remember watching one like that.  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2005 8:40 am
kenzshinji
draven_heart
'sky of triumph', 'wings of triumph'? I don't remember...I can't even spell...so tired....

Well, i think should be triumph of sky.
francis ng and flora chan starr rite ?

I have no idea  

draven_heart

Hayashi Jun

PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2005 8:59 pm
Darkaznstargoddess
Where legends begin.
The conclusion made me cry.
It was so sad..

omg I saw this one, but I forgot what its about, but I also like another series called Dark Tales I & II or something like that, its called "lieu jai" and its like alot of stories out of the whole series and its mostly about ghosts and mythology...  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2005 11:29 pm
hmm... the latest one i watched was a step into the past in the christmas holidays, and before that it was twin of brothers... kinda cool

didn't like the edning though, of both.

for a step into the past, the guy marries two woman! i know that's normal for that time, but come one! its for modern aldiences, it might give guys ideas, so that pissed me off! and i wanted him to go back to the future.

and with twin of brothers, i thought them dying was so sad, not cryin sad, but just story-bad-sad... and if they die, they should stay dead, he shouldn't have brought the other guy back to life! and i wish he was always with the older girl instead of the girl that was always with him, messed up story...

i'm actually reading the book of twin of brothers right now, nearly finished, so different from the series.  

cold_blooded_chick

Mingo Mui

PostPosted: Thu Mar 10, 2005 2:11 am
draven_heart
kenzshinji
draven_heart
'sky of triumph', 'wings of triumph'? I don't remember...I can't even spell...so tired....

I have no idea

I know flora chan is correct francis ng... i'm not sure about that one, dunno the main guys eng name  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 10, 2005 7:23 am
Soichiro A.
draven_heart
kenzshinji
draven_heart

I have no idea

I know flora chan is correct francis ng... i'm not sure about that one, dunno the main guys eng name

haha its actually called Triumph in the Skies...haha sorry triumph of sky just sounds terrible and had to correct it sweatdrop

and yes francis ng is in it...there was also joe ma, myolie wu and a whole bunch of somewhat newer actors that i don't want to mess up the names of so i won't say...  

fiwa

TheWindWaker

PostPosted: Fri Mar 11, 2005 2:02 pm
Well, my current favourites are War of Beauty, and Shine On Me. My sister's was Split Second..xP

Umm...is TV series the same as soap operas? gonk Because what I just named are soap operas... sweatdrop

PostPosted: Sat Mar 12, 2005 9:32 am
fiwa
Soichiro A.
draven_heart
kenzshinji
draven_heart

I have no idea

haha its actually called Triumph in the Skies...haha sorry triumph of sky just sounds terrible and had to correct it sweatdrop

and yes francis ng is in it...there was also joe ma, myolie wu and a whole bunch of somewhat newer actors that i don't want to mess up the names of so i won't say...

Yah, I'm bad with the names too so I didn't know who is who translating into their english names.  

Mingo Mui

Darkaznstargoddess
Captain

Ruthless Genius

13,100 Points
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Bunny Spotter 50
PostPosted: Sat Mar 12, 2005 11:21 am
cold_blooded_chick

for a step into the past, the guy marries two woman! i know that's normal for that time, but come one! its for modern aldiences, it might give guys ideas, so that pissed me off! and i wanted him to go back to the future.

Probally not the best idea to give away plots to anyone that hasn't watched it yet.

And yeah with the marriage thing it is normal, but if they didn't at least show some sortive marriage like that, I guess it would be pretty historically accurate. I'm sure plenty of guys already play around with a couple of girls at a time already. Not like the series is influencing them to.

While returning to the future?
0-0;
Then his son wouldn't have been born and then he his son wouldn't have set that emporeer's city on fire a few years later I think. Besides he had nothing for him in the future.

*~ International Chinese Unite ~*

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 ... 16 17 18 19 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff