[Fin] A little taste of freedom Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

TawnyAngel

Predestined Inquisitor

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2014 11:11 am
"Lead on," KO affirmed with a nod and a gracious gesture, donning and fastening his vest as they went.

As they stepped into the shop he pushed his shades up on top of his head, brushing the nearest roll of fabric with his fingertips. "Have you ever been in here before?" he asked of Kailee with a gesture around the place. "As you can see all the fabrics are organized by color, which I suppose makes as much sense as any other system. There's threads, needles, buttons and suchlike over in that corner there and over there they've got a selection of patterns and designs for crochet pieces."

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2014 11:38 am
Kailee grinned and started to lead but then she slowed to wait to walk by him. It wasnt long before they came to the store and she grinned looking around. "Nope... not to this store... but one fabric store is like another right?" She looked over the colors. She preferred it laid out by types but this worked well.. "Ok lets find where the drawing station is so i can show you what im thinking."

She found the little design station. She sketched. The dress was a basic sheath dress that would hug her body like a second skin until it got to her thighs and then it would flow out in tiers. The edges needed to be raged like flame almost. There were about 7 layers she drew all coming up and meeting on the one side which would be like a split sorta. There was a ruffled shoulder strap as well.

She sketched the costume idea for anura on the side. "What do you think?"

She looked around to the different colors. "Im thinking maybe a plum... or dusty rose for color?"

caffeinecraving

TawnyAngel

Predestined Inquisitor

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2014 11:54 am
KO looked at the design and then at Kailee's figure; he made a 'humm' noise and gave a nod of approval. "Okay, I can see that working and I can certainly manage it given time. Either colour could work for you too, you have good skin for strong colours; what's Anura like?" It was quite possible that one of the two hues would clash horribly with the Charmander, which would make the choice a whole lot easier. "Beyond that I suppose it's what you want to convey with your attire; plum is quite a bold color, I feel, while dusty rose is more delicate and has a certain... innocence about it I suppose?"  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2014 12:35 pm
Kailee smiled and nodded. "Wonderful!" She chewed her lip thinking about it. "What if we do the tiers in silver... that way... Anura can be in silver... because i think either plum or the rose may clash... She has bright red. And is predominantly black..." She smiled. "But she is a very good pokemon and i think this will be good for her style."

She smiled. "Thank you though."

What would she like to convey. "Innocent isnt really what i want... but i like the delicate... more feminine." She nodded. It was for beauty after all. "So lets go with the rose i think..." She moved to look at the pinks. Feeling fabrics and finding what she liked and didnt like.

caffeinecraving

TawnyAngel

Predestined Inquisitor

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2014 12:49 pm
"Well, the form-fitting cut should counteract the innocence of the shade nicely so don't worry about that," KO said with an easy grin and a slight raise of one neatly sculpted eyebrow. "We can go with rose for you and silver for Anura, or we can try to find a pink that's a lighter tint of her red? That would avoid the clashing problem if you're willing to consider a slightly different pink. Have you thought about shoes? I can't make those but I have re-vamped in the past in order to match to an outfit; always for ladies outfits, there's so little variety in men's shoes by comparison."

As he spoke KO reached into a pocket and fetched out what looked at first glance like a compact mirror, it was certainly the right size and shape. When he flipped it open however it turned out to be an LED torch; he held it out to Kailee. "This simulates natural light, for colour matching," he explained.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2014 1:00 pm
She smiled. "Wonderful."

It wasnt that she was the whore of Babylon or something. But it was going to be a sexy dress... and she wanted to draw some attention... who didnt... Wall flowers... and Kailee wasnt a wall flower. "Oh.... Thats a good idea." There were no signs saying no pokemon, so she reached for Anura's pokeball. Releasing the pokemon she smiled to him. "Anura... Please meet Kirk...Like Captain Kirk from Star Trek..." She smiled, just now thinking about it.

Anura waved.

Kailee smiled. "I was going to ask if we could go look at shoes... I figure that if i get some strappy heals in either silver or white... Depending if we go with the silver...." She looked to him. "No shoes? Thats a shame."

She grinned taking it to look at it. "Thats so clever..."She handed it back.. "Ok Anura we are looking for a nice fabric for your costume... Would you like to help?" The pokemon nodded and headed straight for the neon green fabric.

caffeinecraving

TawnyAngel

Predestined Inquisitor

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2014 1:10 pm
"You're the second pretty lady in Rocket to decide to call me Captain; I like it, though I can promise I don't tear my clothes half so much," KO chuckled to Kailee before nodding down at Anura. "Hi there, good to meet you." What a pretty little thing she was. "And sure, we can look for shoes after," he nodded, hands sliding into his pockets in a relaxed manner as he scanned the ranks of cloth for something that might work.

Oh, and the Charmander was off... and was banned from partaking in the decision making process; the mere sight of the lime green made KO wince a little.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2014 1:27 pm
She smiled. "It fits..." KO could know she had a boyish side... he wasnt even on the table for needing her to be completely girly. Safe. " But it is a shame... " She gave him a once over. Sure... he wasnt swinging her way, but she could still appreciate a good looking man.

Anura flared up her tail in enjoyment of being acknowledged. She was off and she patted the Neon Green fleece.

Kailee smiled and shook her head. "Come back this way Anura... I wanna do a pink instead." The charmander pouted and pet the green again. Kailee laughed. "Ok... We can get some green too... but you need to come help with pink..." She watched the charmander perk and trot back over going for a very clashy color of pink. Kailee looked to KO. "What type of fabric do you think would be best for this?"

caffeinecraving

TawnyAngel

Predestined Inquisitor

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2014 1:47 pm
A shame? KO looked quizzical, and then realized Kailee was looking him over. Oh, that? Well it was always good to know he still looked good! Of course he looked good but it was nice to see people noticing.

KO then noticed the pink Anura was looking at and moved swiftly towards a more suitable shade. "Well there's this," he said with a nod to Kailee."Satin, it will hang nicely on the skirts. One way to get a really good fit on the bodice section would be to have it lace up at the back with ribbon, they have a good selection in the corner... and maybe some lace to add a little something extra?" KO's head tilted again, thoughtfully this time as he envisaged the potential effect. "Silver? Ivory?" he murmured mainly to himself.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2014 1:59 pm
Smiling at his look she just laughed softly. "If you dont mind me saying so that is..." She grinned to her pokemon and then looked to KO trusting his judgement better then the charmanders. "Oh this one is nice." It was a darker dusty rose but ith more pink that would match Anura. Or she thought. "Anura! Come this way. " Anura looked up from trying to pull the bolt of stuff fabric down. She trotted over.

Kailee held it up to the pokemon. "What do you think,Kirk?" She smiled. "Oh! thats a good idea... The laces... We could do it in ivory... instead of silvers... " She was now thinking about it... "The lace and the Ribbon... And the tiers... " She could see it... it would be lovely.

caffeinecraving

TawnyAngel

Predestined Inquisitor

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2014 2:37 pm
"Of course not, I never turn down a compliment," KO replied with another of his dazzling grins.

"I don't want you to end up looking like a wedding cake through," he continued, stroking his jaw thoughtfully. "Another option for a perfect fit is boning with a hidden zip up the side, now that would require a lot of very precise measurements and you'd have to closely watch your diet leading up to the big event but it would give you a sleeker look than a laced back can. That might look good with a sweetheart neck, strapless, and you could have a gauzy shawl with a ragged edge; a little flame-like to match Anura and those layers.... It could perhaps take a few rhinestones around the top of the bodice in that case though?" KO paused in his musings there, waiting for further input from Kailee; what the customer wanted was the main thing in the end after all.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2014 2:49 pm
She smiled back. His smile was infectious.

"Oh thats right... Ok... back to silver then... " She pondered. "I- Dont know... I haven't fluctuated weight in a long time... but knowing my luck i would say lets do the zipper and somehow i would blow up... " She frowned. "Lets... do the boning... if you are 100% sure you can hide it... and if i blow out then ill pay you extra to reserve your services for the day before so we can make adjustments...Dieting doesnt work... i tell my self i cant have something and i end up wanting nothing but that thing..." Plus she had the money to blow.

She reached out and put her hand on his arm. "Oh! Rhinestones! We could put them on the edges of the tiers just to give it a little sparkle!" She shook her head. "No shawl... cause i need my hands free to move and I dont want it to accidentally catch fire or something..." And with Kailee that was a real possibility. "We could do an empire waste...and do a gauzy tie... It wouldnt be supporting anything... just decoration... and have it tie behind my neck." She nodded and looked to her sketch making a quick adjustment.

She showed him. "What do you think?"

Anura reached up and tugged on Kailee's skirt to get her to show the picture. She smiled and Picked up the charmander to show her. "And we will give you rhinestones too!" She smiled nuzzling the pokemon softly.

caffeinecraving

TawnyAngel

Predestined Inquisitor

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2014 3:10 pm
KO nodded. "Don't worry about the technicalities, that won't be a problem. Some rhinestones around the edges of the tiers could be a nice touch; spread the sparkle, tie the piece together.... And not getting set fire to is a good thing." A very good thing indeed. "A traditional empire waistline would be a much softer, less fitted look," he continued with a light gesture illustrating flowing fabric. "I'm guessing that's not what you mean though? A style with decoration, definition, under the bust like that but still fitted below until the skirts? Humm, and a tie around the neck could give it something; the alternative would be to accessorize with jewellery, you would want something around your neck or it will look a bit bare. Personally I favor the idea of a good statement necklace but you could pull off the halter-type accoutrement too I think. The same goes for your wrists actually, I'd recommend you have a bangle on one or, oh," he waved a hand languidly, "you could have little decorative cuffs, or of course gloves are an option."  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2014 3:37 pm
She smiled. She did worry about things like that "Cool... " She laughed. "Yeah well... the fact i have to think of things like that should say a lot." She frowned. "Oh right... No i dont want flare..." She shook her head. "Definition. Thats a good word..." She nodded. "Oh... yes... a thick bangle i think... Silver... "

She thought about it and then nodded. "Ok... I want to do this pink..." She pulled a bolt and then pointed to silver... "How about this one?" She pulled it. Holding them together she smiled. "Oh this is wonderful." She set Anura down to take both bolts... "Ok... Trimmings? " She headed for the corner he had pointed out earlier.

She wanted to go look around the rest of the mall. And she knew that Kirk would make it epic... if his own clothes were anything to judge off of. So she was no longer worried... and there were shoes to be tried on. And then pedicures and manicures to boot.

caffeinecraving

TawnyAngel

Predestined Inquisitor

PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2014 9:42 am
KO nodded. "I'll need thread too - I don't think I have anything in stock to match - and...." He continued to list the necessary items for a short while and they moved around the shop to find it all, which didn't take too long all things considered. The material of course didn't come cheap but it wasn't his money so KO wasn't worried by that fact.

A little while later they were back in the sun heading down the street; KO had let his pale Raichu Duke out to walk with them. "What's next on the list then?" he asked of Kailee with a languid gesture to the city around them. "The day is young and the city is our Cloyster, presumably."

Roleplay

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff