Welcome to Gaia! ::

Reply Roleplay
[ORP] Makko Shore Festival Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 ... 10 11 12 13 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Gwennythe
Crew

Feral Nerd

PostPosted: Sun Aug 24, 2014 3:49 pm
Dith would find a Wooper on the end of his line!

(That's 1 of 3 of the new prizes found already! ^.^)  
BlackPidgeot generated a random number between 1 and 25 ... 12!
PostPosted: Sun Aug 24, 2014 3:51 pm
When Dove hooked something, Yuri watched as she pulled it in. His eyes widening a bit when the Dratini appeared.

"Whoa. Hey, congrats!"

Even he knew by now that Pokemon was pretty darn rare, and powerful too if he remembered right. He'd been picking up information on Pokemon as they've traveled around.

Then his line started to wiggle, and Yuri quickly tugged and reeled in... only to have tiny, heart shaped pink fish on the end of his line. The little Pokemon wiggling feebly.

He didn't look especially impressed, his eyes sliding over towards Dove before he unhooked the fish and tossed it back in. Maybe she hadn't seen it.

Repede huffed in amusement at his partner's failure.  

BlackPidgeot

Animal Trainer

8,450 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Pet Trainer 150
  • Fluff Rehab 200

Venti Mico

Ruthless Fairy

9,600 Points
  • Caroling Champ 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Loiterer 100
PostPosted: Sun Aug 24, 2014 3:51 pm
Aija rose a brow and looked up at Aulus, puffing out her cheeks. "Yes, well, that is obvious, but if you wish to brood and be grumpy, then I will not stop you. Pout at will." Whiny baby. Whatever. She tried, didn't work, she wasn't going to keep trying to perk up a grouchy guy. Too much effort.

However... "I may take you up on training, yes. It would be big help! I have not ever trained water type pokemon. Have taken care of them, but not trained them. Do you have any water types? Experience with them?" Aija was always open to learning something new, even if it was just a few training tips from someone.  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 24, 2014 3:57 pm
Lyra pushed her sunglasses up, blocking the harsh rays of the suns glare. She brushed her hair back over her ears and adjusted the brim of her hat. Clarity trotted at her feet, the espeon’s tail swinging back and forth like a metronome, keeping track of beat. Her fair skin was slathered in sunscreen, lending her a faint scent of coconut.

Clarity flicked her tail, ears flickering and gave a soft sound and changed directions, moving towards the jetty.

“Clari?” Lyra called and started to follow the espeon. What could she be doing?  

Shaddaling

Wrathful Shapeshifter

Gwennythe
Crew

Feral Nerd

PostPosted: Sun Aug 24, 2014 4:00 pm
Yuri would, still, find a Luvdisc on his line after his final cast!  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 24, 2014 4:01 pm
"Buh?" Dith blinked. The Wooper he had just flipped up onto the jetty in a half sleep blinked back at him. "Uh, sorry about that," he said sleepily, fumbling for a pokeball. "It's pretty late, no? Maybe you want to sleep?" The Wooper looked briefly baffled but was quickly sucked into the ultra ball, which waggled for a few moments and then went still. Dith yawned picked up the ball and rod and padded back along the jetty to return said rod. "Thanks, that was good! Uh, mmm, you think there's anywhere to take a nap Viktor?"

Viktor sighed.

"I'm not pouting, I'm... oh, nevermind." Aulus scowled deeply, suddenly aware that going on about it was not the way to make her think he wasn't pouting.

"Well for a start Dratini is a pure dragon type, not a water type," he continued, feeling on firmer and happier ground now that he was talking about pokemon. "I haven't owned my own dragon type but I worked with my sister's Fraxure some." That had been quite a long time ago now but still, he'd done it. "Dragon types are stereotyped as being rather proud and difficult to control but Dratini and its evolutions have a reputation for being friendly as dragon types go, much the same as Altaria."

TawnyAngel

Predestined Inquisitor

Venti Mico

Ruthless Fairy

9,600 Points
  • Caroling Champ 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Loiterer 100
PostPosted: Sun Aug 24, 2014 4:09 pm
Aija grinned when Aulus stopped himself from going on about his 'not pouting'. Hah. Worked like a charm.

Oh! "Dragon type! Not water type, wow... I did not know this." She took the pokeball from her pocket at stared at it, admiringly. She'd always been fond of dragon types, but her parents had always thought them too dangerous for her to have. "You sound very smart," when you aren't moping, she added in thought. "So, they are friendly, but how are they for training? Quick learner, stubborn, too soft? I have never had a Dratini, so I do not know how powerful they are. Varies from pokemon to pokemon, yes... but I am meaning, as general." Aija decided she liked Aulus more when they were talking about pokemon.  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 24, 2014 4:09 pm
Dith

Well, it might be a while before Nicolette replied, so Shoyo tucked his phone away, hoisted the complacent Luvdisc up into his arms, and took hold of the rod to return to where he'd rented it from. As he did, he noticed, or couldn't help but notice, the large man a ways in front of him, presumably headed to fulfill the same task judging from the rod he also carried - or that's what Shoyo would have concluded if he were paying any attention to any aspect of the stranger other than his monumental physique.

In a moment he was at the man's side, his eyes all full of stars. "E-excuse me!" he stuttered. "Wh-- Hei-- Ta-- H-How tall are you?!"  

Suudonym
Vice Captain

Winner

Shaddaling

Wrathful Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Sun Aug 24, 2014 4:17 pm
Tags - Dith, Shoyo

Having managed to coax his newest acquisition around his shoulders, Lex stroked over the Dratini’s chin, feeling the smooth skin. Somewhat damp, and somewhat rubbery, it was to be expected, she was an underwater creature and they tended to repel water.

Pleased, he gathered up his rod and headed back to the jetty to return the rod, and ooh, they were others returning their rods. “Did you also have good luck?” He questioned Dith, it took a moment but he wasn’t going to forget that amount of height. “There are dragon types in the water, if you are lucky.”  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 24, 2014 4:17 pm
Andre wasn't entirely sure how Vincent had managed to talk him into this.
Wait...yes he did.

The blonde had somehow managed to convince Zacharie that spending copious amounts of time outside fishing was a good idea and really...how could he say no to Zacharie and Vincent? He couldn't, and that's why he found himself in what his lover had deemed 'adventure' clothes. A black and white striped tank top, a pair of faded, grey shants, and his old, ratty converse that he'd found tucked away in a plastic shopping bag. Not his usual choice of clothes for going out and about but at least non of his nicer clothes would risk getting ruined. Grumbling under his breath, he went to run a hand through his hair only to stop short when he remembered that he'd tied it up in an attempt to avoid getting too hot and indeed, the shaved underside of his hair easily caught the breeze. "This is ridiculous." He said with a huff, his raised hand dropping a bit to adjust the rounded sunglasses perched on his nose. "You can't even touch most kinds of fish, Vincent." He groused, resting his hands on his hips as he cast a look around.  

insidiousEnigma

Bashful Bunny

TawnyAngel

Predestined Inquisitor

PostPosted: Sun Aug 24, 2014 4:21 pm
Aija

Aulus shrugged but he couldn't help feeling a little pleased at the compliment; a little of the tension ebbed out of his face and stance. "I know pokemon, that's all. Dratini are pretty smart on average - though that does vary. From what I know anecdotally they're quick to learn what you want but like most dragons it takes them a long time to learn new moves and to evolve. Dratini are pretty weak but they're only a first form so you expect that, Dragonair is tougher - kind of around what you'd expect from the second stage of a traditional starter pokemon species - and Dragonite is very strong. It picks up the flying type at that stage too which adds a different dimension to things, really got to watch out for ice types with Dragonite." He'd have his own dragon type one day, maybe two... maybe he should stop collecting pokemon but on the other hand he needed to be ready for every eventuality right? Right.

Shoyo

"Hu, wah?" Dith turned around; there was nobody there.

Dith then looked down and there was somebody there; he offered the youth a broad smile that managed to light his face up despite the dark bags under his eyes. "Oh hi there, sorry! Ahah, I should learn not to look for people at eye height." Normally getting asked his height was a bit tiresome but the gingery haired young man had been so polite that he found he didn't mind at all; there was being stared at like a freak show and there was being stared at like he was being stared at now, they were extremely different. "I'm six foot eight, maybe a hair more," he supplied with a nod, extending a hand down towards the stranger. "Nice to meet you, my name is Dima but a lot of people on this island call me Dith."

Hu? Oh, and somebody else was here too? Dith smiled at Lex and nodded. "Uh, hi there! I... think I caught a Wooper?" He blinked and gave himself a bit of a shake. "I was kind of asleep at the time, congratulations on your catch too!"

PostPosted: Sun Aug 24, 2014 4:25 pm
Alright, so Vincent hated bodies of water, the ocean, sea creatures, the ocean, getting wet, and the ocean, but like hell he was going to miss out on a festival, even if that festival was all about gross things that he wanted nothing to do with. It'd be fun! And he could just make sure Andre and Zacharie were the ones doing the fishing! ...He had zero intent of getting close enough to the water to fish. None.

But the blond turned, grinning at Andre and raising his hands in the air as he swooped down to pull the purple haired man into a completely necessary, dramatic hug. "I know! That's the fun part! You, me, the little man, enjoyin' a nice day of fishing at the beach, tryin' t'avoid goin' into anaphylactic shock, catchin' fish, me not getting near the ocean! What's not t'like about that, Andre?" He chirped. Vincent had worn a red hoodie, white cargo shorts, and some black sandals he was sure Andre would let him burn later. "Now, where's our adorable little twerp? Didn't skip out on our family outting, did he?"  

Venti Mico

Ruthless Fairy

9,600 Points
  • Caroling Champ 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Loiterer 100

Suudonym
Vice Captain

Winner

PostPosted: Sun Aug 24, 2014 4:28 pm
Dith, Lex

"Six foot..." He stared for a moment, his expression a mix of awe and confusion. "Meters? How much is it in meters?" If he thought about it for very long, he might have remembered his own height in imperial and been able to estimate it himself, but at the moment his head was filled with nothing but wonder and envy. Oh yeah, introductions. That was what people usually did before going about asking how tall a person was. "Nice to meet you too!" he replied, his face illuminating in a bright smile. "I'm Shoyo!"

Someone else appeared nearby and was talking, and Shoyo reflexively ducked to Dith's side to observe the stranger from afar. He was kind of tall too, but it was a more normal kind of tall. Actually, maybe it was average. Practically everyone was tall in comparison to himself.  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 24, 2014 4:33 pm
Shoyo

"Uuuuuh." Dith blinked and did some quick mental arithmetic. "I think that would be just over two meters? Da, must be. Hi Shoyo!" He got the feeling that he was not coming off as especially bright right now but oh well, he had had a long several days and was so entitled to be a little slow he felt.

TawnyAngel

Predestined Inquisitor

Venti Mico

Ruthless Fairy

9,600 Points
  • Caroling Champ 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Loiterer 100
PostPosted: Sun Aug 24, 2014 4:39 pm
"It is very good to know, though! Smart." she reiterated, nodding. Her? She didn't know pokemon that well; she knew individuals. She worked better getting to know a pokemon one on one, figuring out its personality from there. "If I can get mine to evolve, then we will be ready for some a**-punching! If you help me train mine, I will show you her when she evolves! If she is a her... will still show you, if she is a he." Maybe if she trained with this guy, if he kept up being less mopey when training, he'd be around to see her Dratini evolve! And then she'd prove she was tough and strong, and more likely to get promoted.

"I propose, when we have trained my Dratini well enough, we have mock-battle! I would like to meet the other pokemon you have," she said, looking at his Sawk and giving her a polite bow of the head. "She is very well behaved, so you must be great trainer."  
Roleplay

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 ... 10 11 12 13 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff