Welcome to Gaia! ::

Reply Roleplay
Pubs are totally made for socialization [Finished ] Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Shaddaling

Wrathful Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2014 11:32 am
Howlback replied and with the grace and surety of someone that has done it before, she ran her wing tip over the edge and lifted the lid to reveal the mass of cheese, tomato, veggies, and meat.

Lex slid down into the chair, mindful of Dratini curled around his neck and the Porygon-Z hoovering about his head. He sipped from his drink, relaxing back against the chair. "So, how have things been?"  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2014 11:37 am
Red inspected the pizza from several different angles before reaching a decision, placing a clawed foot on the crust of one of the slices, and tearing off a chunk with her sharp beak. she exclaimed once she had gulped it down and went in quickly for another bite.

Aulus took a slow sip of his drink. It was very.... Very. It was very. Tequila. Yep. Quite nice though? He thought? He swallowed and shrugged at Lex. "Alright I suppose, boring though. I'm stuck just training newbies for the most part, no interesting jobs until I get fixed." While he was pretty sure they were out of earshot of anyone else he was still going to use at least vaguely veiled language, you never knew where a League operative might be lurking.

After a moment he thought to add; "You?" They were meant to be socializing, right?

TawnyAngel

Predestined Inquisitor

Shaddaling

Wrathful Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2014 11:43 am
Howlback flicked her wings and leaned over, using the finger on the end to break apart the slice and pulled it towards her. She folded a bit in her wing and brought it to her mouth, taking a bite.

"Been roving about mainly. Trying to get use to the change in depth precision considering the eye." He shrugged easily. "Been working mostly with my newest pokes. Catching a Dratini was a shock."  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2014 11:48 am
Aulus hadn't caught anything at the Festival but he had got over himself on that one and while a bit jealous he at least wasn't angry jealous anymore. He scowled, though somebody who knew him well would know that it was just a 'thinking' expression, and nodded. "Yeah, must be a ******** pain to get used to; I know this is." Losing some of your field of vision too, not great for a field agent to say the least. "Working with my newer ones too," he continued, "Killer is about ready to actually get out and about for serious battles now." By the time he himself was up to real missions again the Sylveon should be well primed for it too.

"Did you say what work you were interested in getting into last time we talked?" he added after a moment, closely followed by; "If you did, I forget. It was a while ago now."

TawnyAngel

Predestined Inquisitor

Shaddaling

Wrathful Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2014 11:56 am
"It is, things are getting better. My crobat helps." She had depended so much on sound when she was a zubat and he was applying it. "She also been keeping Grimsie in line."

"Thinking about pokemon research. I've done a bit of it before, maybe something in medical." Lex wave a hand idly. "Possibly behavioral. Just going to drift and see what happens." They would assign him where ever they cared to.

Howl asked, eating her piece in bits but enjoying herself.  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2014 12:06 pm
Red thought about this. Food that had been dead too long and gone all cold and stiff was no good at all.

"Hu." Aulus sipped his drink again, not sure what to make of Lex's plan or rather lack of a plan. He'd always known where his skills lay and thus where he was heading and the same went for most of his friends so it was odd to come up against such a blasé attitude. "Well if I were you I'd work out what I want and be proactive unless you like being low down the career ladder," he continued. "Higher ups aren't generally interested in sitting down with the lowly to talk about their skills and where they might be useful." He sipped his drink again, deciding that it was actually rather good. "Get out there, talk to some people in those fields and do a bit of grunt work for them; work experience, right? You can't expect your career to be handed to you on a platter wrapped up in a sodding bow." All of this was said without aggression or rancor; Aulus wasn't (currently) feelings threatened by Lex and so he was comfortable enough just to speak his mind without sticking out too many spikes.

TawnyAngel

Predestined Inquisitor

Shaddaling

Wrathful Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2014 12:14 pm
Howlback tucked a wing in and started to clean it.

"Past work nothing special. I'm good with cosmetics, dyes, and sheers." Lex waved a hand airily. "And socializing. I like people and broad thought provoking thesis. I once wrote a paper on the possible link between Magikarp and Eevees dealing with the evolutionary chain and stress of evolution."  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2014 2:06 pm
Red ripped off more pizza and swallowed it. she asked.

Aulus shrugged and lent back in his chair a bit, his hand coming up to rub at the end of his right arm. "Well whatever, please yourself. I couldn't get promoted soon enough for my tastes, having to share with some idiot? Ugh, I'm surprised I didn't kill anyone in the process." He actually struggled to recall the name of his grunt roomate, he hadn't seen the guy a whole lot which had been a small mercy. "I like my own space." Except when he didn't, which was actually quite a lot now he thought about it, and usually resulted in him hanging out in Alex's comfortable quarters. Oh well, it was different when you had a choice he guessed... and of course when you were sharing space with somebody you liked.

"Nothing stopping you learning now though," he added, "and if you've no skills to speak of all the more reason to get learning."

TawnyAngel

Predestined Inquisitor

Shaddaling

Wrathful Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Tue Oct 07, 2014 4:04 pm
Howlback snorted, giving one last tongue rake against her wing and snagged some more. She added.

"My roommate is adorable. It is sort of annoying that he tends towards ghost types, but I charmed one of them." Lex rolled his shoulders back and sprawled out, sipping his drink. "So I don't mind sharing with him. I would like my own space, just to spare Zach any awkward."

Roulette slithered down Lex's arm and gave a soft questioning "Tini?" and started to pull the condiments towards her with her tail. What were these?  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 08, 2014 2:44 pm
Red replied indifferently, Whatever, it didn't sound very attractive or interesting so she just ate some more pizza.

"That's salt, you don't want to eat that," Aulus said to the Dratini and paused for a moment before adding; "Probably.

"And there's bathrooms too," he continued to Lex, "we get a much better quality and - y'know - actual tubs, and not having to share with heaps of other people.... Do I want to know what kind of awkward you're sparing him?" Probably not, Aulus decided. Perhaps he was judging a book by its sprayed on cover but Lex struck him as the sort that had Company over a lot.

TawnyAngel

Predestined Inquisitor

Shaddaling

Wrathful Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Wed Oct 08, 2014 4:05 pm
Howlback turned back to the pizza, shoving a piece into her mouth and chewed.

"Tinnn?" Roulette pulled the salt close, sniffing over the shaker and used her tail to tip it over, shaking some out onto the table.

"Probably not... cause I sort of hope it involves Kirk and a lack of clothes." Lex said chipper and sipped the drink. "I like people, though Zach seems more the type to turn an mortified red then to enjoy it." Lex didn't care to deal with the awkward shuffle where his roommate couldn't look him in the eye, because he was caught mid coitus. "Now I sort of want my own room for the commode."  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 09, 2014 1:19 pm
Red replied, but really most of her attention was on the food.

Yep, he hadn't wanted to know. Aulus tried not to think about Lex plus Kirk minus clothes. After a moment or two he grunted and pulled off his hoody, it was pretty warm in here. "I was right, I didn't want to know," he said, taking another drink, "but anyway, it has many advantages including more respect and better pay. Just," he waved his drink, "pick something and try it. You can change your mind later if it doesn't suit you but if you don't make a start you'll never get anywhere."

TawnyAngel

Predestined Inquisitor

Shaddaling

Wrathful Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Thu Oct 09, 2014 1:28 pm
Howlback finished what she had been eating and begin to groom herself. She cleaned her wings thoroughly before turning to her claws.

“Might try medical for a bit, just to see what happens. Maybe try to get them to design me a better eye.” Or do it himself. How hard could designing a permanent and workable eye be? “If that doesn’t work out, I’ll likely see what research is doing. I need to get Flatline’s pokeball fixed to allow for USB access.” Lex looked up and started to coax the hovering Porygon-Z into sight. “Come on you silly thing, you can’t keep hiding up against the ceiling.”  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 09, 2014 1:49 pm
Red too finished up and started to preen, fairly satisfied with her meal... but if there was more on offer she'd have it.

"Na," Aulus shook his head, "that'd be tech doing that not medical. They might be able to though? I don't know, I guess it's possible." If they could make a working arm why not an eye? It was probably more complicated or something but if somebody could be persuaded to take it on as a pet project and research it then why not? "All medical would do would be attach it for you, I guess they'd have to run something through into your optic nerve?" Aulus thought about this and drummed his fingers on the table, trying to remember more about A-level biology. "Thing is that you'd have to be able to feed in information the brain can understand, the right sort of electrical impulses, which must be based on the same stuff they're doing for me... So you'd need photo-receptors and then that information would have to feed into your optic nerve. What I don't know is how good it would be, I don't know if they'd be able to give you something that could offer you normal vision but something ought to be possible." And something was better than nothing. He knew the sensation in his new arm wasn't going to be as good as natural, right now they weren't even planning for it to pick up temperature or to transmit pain but it would do texture and pressure 'well enough to allow good function' and he was grateful just for that to be frank.

TawnyAngel

Predestined Inquisitor

Shaddaling

Wrathful Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Thu Oct 09, 2014 1:56 pm
Howl finished preening and causally knocked the box down from their perch. No reason for the trash to be lingering about.

"True, but still rather try medical first, even if I'm going to hit up research." Lex finally coaxed the Porygon-Z into his grip. "So, what the word on your new arm?" He asked.

Finally satisfied their was enough salt out on the table, Roulette roll in it giving a pleased sound and flopped off the table and into a chair.  
Roleplay

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff