Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Blood_Goddess
Crew

Supreme Roisterer

PostPosted: Thu Dec 25, 2014 2:06 pm
After a while, there was no sign of anyone slowing down, they had settled into slow running pace that Gon suspected they would be holding for the remained of the trip... at least until they reached their destination.
No one was told where that would be, or how long it would take to get there, but those were thoughts that seemed almost irreverent to Gon, he would run as long as he needed to, it hardly made a difference to him.

"Hey kid!" Someone close by to Gon suddenly burst out, for a moment Gon wondered if he was being spoken to, but as he looked up he noticed a man a few paces a head of him snapping at the white haired boy who was not cruising over the bike path on a skateboard.
Cool! that looked like a lot of fun!
"That's cheating you know! You should get off of the board and run like the rest of us!"

"No its not." Gon piped up, starring calmly back at the man as the applicant turned around sharply to look at the other youngster in the group. "All he said was to follow him. He didn't say how." He pointed out. in fact he was a little surprise more people weren't riding on their pokemon or something. Though he understood the want to be able to prove yourself. But there was the stubborn way to do it, and then there was the smart way to do it.  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 25, 2014 2:13 pm
Killua gave the stranger a silent glare, but before he could offer his icy reply, someone else gave a response that was more matter-of-fact than anything. His glare was replaced by a cool smile, and he disinterestedly added, "Yeah, that's how it is. If you have any complaints, take them up with your own lack of foresight, old man."  

Suudonym
Vice Captain

Winner

Blood_Goddess
Crew

Supreme Roisterer

PostPosted: Thu Dec 25, 2014 2:26 pm
The man seemed surprised by Gon's logic, but by the look on his face didn't seem able to, or intending to counter it.
He did however sputter lightly at the white haired boy's insults "Old?! I'm 20!" He snapped back.

Gon's interest had moved back to the white haired boy, and the Zorua sitting on the skateboard. That looked so cool! with a light hop, Gon picked up his jog into a brist sprint that brought him past the frustrated man, and to run along side the other boy.
"That's so cool! How long did it take to train him to do that?" Gon asked, looking down at the Zorua  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 25, 2014 2:34 pm
Killua didn't care to respond to the stranger any further, let alone on such a minor subject, and ignored the angry reply. Instead, he looked to the other boy and then to the pokemon to which the boy referred. "I didn't really train him for it," he said. "He's had physical training practically since he was born, so he's got good balance."  

Suudonym
Vice Captain

Winner

Blood_Goddess
Crew

Supreme Roisterer

PostPosted: Thu Dec 25, 2014 2:47 pm
"Ooohhh" Gon cooed in understanding, looking down at the Zorua with interest once more, before he gave the Pokemon a broad grin. Psysical training since the Pokemon was born? That sounded like this kid was pretty serious about becoming a trainer.
"My name's Gon!" He finally said after jogging a little more. "and this is Treecko, whats your name?"  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 25, 2014 3:02 pm
Killua looked at the other boy for a while in consideration and then spoke, but what he said was not his name: "Down."

Immediately the Zorua hopped off of the skateboard and started running alongside his human companion, and in the next moment said human also stepped off of the board, nicking the edge of it with his heel so that it would flip up high enough for him to catch. "Name's Killua," he replied. "That's Zorua." After a tick, he added an observation, "You sure are intent about this whole 'being tested' thing."  

Suudonym
Vice Captain

Winner

Blood_Goddess
Crew

Supreme Roisterer

PostPosted: Thu Dec 25, 2014 3:15 pm
Both Gon and Treecko displayed matching expression of awe when the boy on the skateboard hopped off and effortlessly flipped it up and grabbed, it. before Gon knew it the other boy was now running along side him.
"Cooool!" Gon called out enthusiastically, jogging up a little more to catch up to him.

"Huh? Yeah I guess I am, but then how else will I know if i really deserve to be a trainer in the League?" He asked "You seemed pretty interested in it too." He pointed out.  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 25, 2014 3:22 pm
Killua hummed in mild interest. "I guess most people don't see it as something to be deserved," he replied, shrugging lightly. "It's kind of boring, if you ask me. I'm looking for something interesting to do, myself. Being handed a license wasn't really what I had in mind."  

Suudonym
Vice Captain

Winner

Blood_Goddess
Crew

Supreme Roisterer

PostPosted: Thu Dec 25, 2014 3:55 pm
"Good thing there is an advanced license then, right?" Gon said with a smile. "I need to make as much progress as I can as a trainer, with this I'll definitely find my dad."
He was relying on this, without it he didn't really have any other clues, and he wanted to see what was so great about all of this.

Treecko, who was still sitting up on Gon's back pack, peered over the back of it, and down at the Zorua running along with the boy.
".... tree." He muttered a little sheepishly, the guild building up enough that the Pokemon hopped off of Gon's backpack, and ran along side the other three.

The disappearance of weight on his back brought Gon's gaze down to the Pokemon, and he smiled. "You Too, Treecko?"

"cko!" Added the grass type proudly.  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 25, 2014 4:05 pm
Ah, so the poor kid bought it. Well, Killua wasn't about to cause a scene in the middle of the congregation and risking getting the whole thing canceled, so he withheld further comment on the matter. "Your dad a gym leader or something?" he said instead.  

Suudonym
Vice Captain

Winner

Blood_Goddess
Crew

Supreme Roisterer

PostPosted: Thu Dec 25, 2014 4:08 pm
"I don't know!" Gon replied, though it was with a deep air of excitement, his gaze turned ahead as he wondered, just what was his dad doing in the League? "At least not yet." light brown eyes turned back to Killua "But I'm going to find out, I was raised by Mito- I never knew my father becasue he was off being a pokemon trainer."
And that was exactly what Gon wanted.

"What about you Killua? Why do you want to be a trainer?"  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 25, 2014 4:19 pm
So then basically the polar opposite of Killua's family, not that he thought his family to be particularly likable just because his parents were present. In fact, his parents were a big part of the reason he was in Kodo now, but there was no need to go into that.

"No special reason," he answered in return. "I wound up in Kodo anyway, so I thought it might be fun to become a trainer and see what the whole League business is like. You can make a lot of money being a trainer, too."  

Suudonym
Vice Captain

Winner

Blood_Goddess
Crew

Supreme Roisterer

PostPosted: Thu Dec 25, 2014 4:32 pm
"Oh, really? You can?" he asked, obviously having never really stopped to research what getting a license would enable him to do.
Gon gave a moment to thoughtful consideration, a hand then moving to the back of his head "I guess I'm just learning as I go. You seem to know a lot about it though, huh?"  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 25, 2014 4:46 pm
"Yeah. When you battle someone, the loser has to pay up," Killua explained. "So if you win a lot, you basically won't have to worry about money."

Killua shrugged, "I know a lot about this and that. My parents thought it would be good to have a variety of knowledge and skills."  

Suudonym
Vice Captain

Winner

Blood_Goddess
Crew

Supreme Roisterer

PostPosted: Thu Dec 25, 2014 5:13 pm
Gon blinked as he listened to Killua's explanation, that was going to be information that would be useful to him later on for sure. "That's a relief." He said with a bit of an awkward smile, He was running low on funds.
"So I guess your parents aren't trainers either?"

Taking a moment to glance around at the other people who were running with them, perking up and trying to peer around the bodies to see the judge up ahead of the group,
Already there were a lot of people who's breath's coming in cold puffs of winter air were collecting in temporary bursts.
Already he could tell a lot of people were starting to fatigue, He however felt great! his legs were a little cold, but he loved the feeling of running, he moved how quickly they were moving, and the feeling of the ground beneath the soles of his sturdy green boots, and his hearth thumping warmly in his chest. He was going to pass this test for sure!  
Roleplay

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 8 9 10 11 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff