Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

VVanderIust
Vice Captain

Partying Elder

PostPosted: Sun Feb 01, 2015 6:09 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Ηɑɭеɣ & Lυҡе Νόѵɑҡ

Luke and Haley grinned in unison at Nick's initial reaction to the training facility, happy once again to see that he appreciated it. Luke had a very prideful smile resting across his lips, as the training facility had really been his project from the start. It was mostly finished by the time that Haley had finished high school and joined him, so although she appreciated it, she didn't feel the same sense of overwhelming pride that Luke did. They were distracted momentarily by their own reactions to his compliment on their facility and didn't have enough time to react to stop Nick from tossing his sling and crutch to the side. Haley just grinned a bit where Luke stepped forward, wanting to stop his friend from hurting himself. Neither of the siblings could do anything though when Nick stepped forward, suddenly spinning as fire shot from his body at the wall marked appropriately for his power.

Luke stood with his arms crossed over his chest, having seen the trick millions of times before and more worried about his friend getting hurt than seeing him show off. Haley couldn't help but grin a little more though, glad to see Alex enjoying his powers again despite his injuries. "It's tough to leave, but bills need to be payed." Haley joked, smiling brightly at him. The last time she had seen Alex, she had still been working on gaining control of her powers, but now she was just short of a master with all the practice she'd gotten - especially in the past two years. She had gone from being able to do little more than put out Alex's flames with her water to tease him to being able to create waves with a flick of her wrist. She'd save that display for another time though. "Now that you've caused yourself more injury, maybe we should head to the library so it doesn't happen again." Luke said, grinning at his friend and laughing a bit. He didn't blame him for wanting to test out his powers after so long, but he did want to mess with him about it.

Once they were in agreement, Haley turned to lead the way to the library. A few twists and turns down hallways later, they arrived at a small room that was stacked high with shelves that were only just beginning to be filled with books. There was lots of work to be done, but it was definitely getting there. It was a cozy little room with a couch and reading chairs and the dim lighting in the room only seemed to add to the atmosphere. "And here's the library.. its a work in progress." Haley commented, glancing over to Nick to see what he thought. She didn't expect any sort of awe from him, but only hoped he wouldn't be disappointed. The library wasn't her main priority lately, so she hadn't been able to make an exceptional amount of progress with it.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 01, 2015 7:20 pm
Fate lies ahead
Like the sun will rise .·´ s
The light has been gone for too long
From your eyesxxxxxxxxxxx
But you never changed, xxxxxxxxx
never played your part xxxxxxxxxx

αη уσυ нανє єяαѕє α тнє ƒєαя ƒяσм уσυя нєαят

User Image

"Kiss my a**, Luke," he said without any mean intentions behind it, just teasing as he had been. "Me being fully healed isn't something I'm use to right now. I'm trying to figure that out if I'm functional or healed. I'm thinking functional. I dunno. I just feel like I need to stretch and I'll be okay."

However, upon seeing the little library he pursed his lips together and shrugged. "Or I can just read until I pass out," he suggested as he hopped into the room. He looked around the area, finding pretty much all the books he knew and he assumed this was because they had raided his collection when he left. He didn't complain though, he just found a few things that he wanted and made a mental note about it later. "I can't decide if I want to read this or just harass you guys about what you found out about powers because honestly, I'm so far behind. I can't even remember everything that I use to be able to do. I just want to train and be good at what I use to do again. I feel so pathetic with that little bit of fire taking so much out of me."

He pursed his lips as he thought, trying to reason with his mind as all he wanted to do was to train. However, his sparring buddy probably would say no in a heartbeat out of fear that he would hurt himself again. Yet, he wasn't sure how long reading could keep him busy when he was use to fighting for his life every day. But, he could try and just entertain himself that way for as long as he could and then go from there. That was his best shot even if it wasn't the one that he wanted to do right at that second. There would be other chances to enjoy his fun so he figured he should just suck it up for a few days and then see how well he was doing now. He was already ahead of the curve as he wasn't suppose to be able to walk for another four months due to his back and he was already hobbling around on crutches and that was only because of his knee.

"I dunno, I can't pick."

xxxxxxxxx{ DΛȠCΞR IȠ TӇΞ DΛRK }

Unbreakable Justice
Captain

Romantic Raider

VVanderIust
Vice Captain

Partying Elder

PostPosted: Sun Jun 28, 2015 10:22 am
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Ηɑɭеɣ & Lυҡе Νόѵɑҡ

Haley smiled gently at Nick's reaction to her work-in-progress, his inability to decide whether he wanted to train or sit back and read amusing. A smile sat across Luke's lips, but he was watching Nick more carefully, observing him. It wasn't obvious, nor was it too much of a scrutinizing gaze, but he knew that Nick would notice the way he was looking at him. He just wanted to ensure that his friend was going to be okay, those scars that decorated the man's body had not left his mind. "We might be able to help with the whole fully healed part of things." he said factually, glancing over at Haley as the realization of what her brother was talking about seemed to occur to her. "Oh, Tyler." she commented simply while meeting Luke's gaze, as if Nick would have any idea at all who Tyler was. She seemed to realize her mistake and redirected her attention from her brother to their friend. "Tyler lives hear with us.. he's able to heal. It's been a really valuable skill to have around. I'm sure he'd be able to help you." she said gently, a hopeful smile gracing her lips.

"Yea, we can ask him when he gets back later if you would be okay with that. He's at work right now." Luke commented, watching Nick for a reaction. He wasn't sure how his friend would feel about such an option. "He's helped me out with a couple things before.. saved me a pretty nasty hospital bill from a broken bone." he added, as if trying to reassure his friend. He laughed a bit at his own injury in the past, remembering that he and Haley had been messing around training when it happened. He glanced over to his sister to see the smirk that decorated her face at the memory of the incident. She would always claim that it wasn't her fault, but it was her own attack that he had been unable to dodge that caused the injury. She always said it was his inability to react properly that caused it - she was probably right.

Once the two had moved on from the memory of a story they hadn't even spoken out loud, Haley found her turn to speak. "Maybe for now you can get your room in order or read. Just get settled? And when Tyler gets back later tonight maybe he can help you heal so you can train properly." she suggested, shrugging her shoulders a little and tossing some of her blonde locks over her shoulder casually. Luke nodded in agreement, seemingly happy with that plan of action. "Hales won't be here later because she has a shift at work, but I can introduce you to Tyler and help out with that if you like the sound of that plan." he commented, his gaze settling on Nick. "But it's totally up to you." he added, not wanting to make his friend feel like the sibling power duo was trying to force him into anything. With how agreeable the two were and how many experiences they shared - as well as how close they were, sometimes he felt like they overpowered others with the way they communicated.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 28, 2015 9:04 pm
Fate lies ahead

User Image

Nick looked up from the books he had in his hands of the old romance novels he use to keep under his bed - something he had only confessed to Luke about having when they were in high school. He handed two books off into one hand as he leaned on his crutch as he heard about a chance to be healed. His eyes narrowed in confusion as it wasn't an ability he had ever heard of while he was with Haley and Luke before. This was the first time it was even considered to be an option. Part of him wanted to jump for joy at this reveal, but at the same time, he was extremely nervous. New people was never a good thing in his mind as his trust had all been abolished for them in the time he had been gone. If the siblings trusted him though, he had to be decent enough.

Nick just hoped he wouldn't have another episode during the healing process.

"Sure, I'll see if that can't help me. I mean, what harm could he really do?" Though the question had been lighthearted, it was a serious concern for the wounded veteran. He wasn't sure about it at all. Not an ounce. Judging by the way that Luke was looking at him, he could tell the other man wasn't entirely sure of him either - he had good reasoning.

The man gave one last reassuring smile then rose up a pair of over read books up to them and nodded back towards the door. "In the mean time, I'm going to read and hopefully get some sleep. Come get me when Tyler is back and ready for me. Haley, good luck on your work shift," he told her with a smile and a bit of a salute before hobbling back to his room. He slipped inside quietly then shut the door behind him, questioning whether to lock it or not out of a hope to get a better sense of security than the new place offered. However, the sunlight cast right on his bed so it was at least comforting to lay on his bed.

By the time it had grown close to the time that Tyler had been returning, Nick was out cold in his bed. He softly talked to himself in his sleep, his words slurring between Chinese and German, all sounding harmless. While the words were quiet, their meanings were not as he stared down almost every bad memory he ever had since being home. It appeared that not even the drugs were going to help him sleep anymore.

Unbreakable Justice
Captain

Romantic Raider

VVanderIust
Vice Captain

Partying Elder

PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2015 8:03 am

Ηɑɭеɣ & Lυҡе Νόѵɑҡ

As Haley's eyes scanned over the books in Nick's hands, the corners of her lips pulled up into a small smile. She couldn't help but be slightly amused by his choice of reading material - it wasn't exactly what she had expected from him. Luke however was simply watching his friend carefully, awaiting his reaction about being healed. He wasn't sure how Nick would feel about it, but he knew it was a good option for him. It was better than him hobbling around for several months, being unable to train. Though he hadn't seen his best friend in years, he knew that the man wasn't the type to sit around for very long. He would definitely get restless.

"Tyler's really good, I promise. Although it's not entirely comfortable to be healed, it can be a bit of a painful process." Luke responded, hoping that Nick would still be up for it. It might be painful, but it was definitely worth it. A short period of time in pain was more more bearable than months of waiting for an injury to heal. Or at least that was the way that Luke saw it. Nick seemed to agree that it was something he would try though, rising and saying that he was going to read and get some rest in the mean time. "Alright, will do. Enjoy your time to rest." Luke commented, smiling a bit at his friend as he hobbled out of the room. "Thanks Nick." Haley chimed, nodding to him with a light smile resting across her lips as the man hobbled away.

Once he was gone, Haley turned to Luke, assessing the look that decorated his face. She could read him better than anyone else, and she could tell that the thought of what might have happened to their friend since they had last seen him had definitely not left his mind either. "I really think he's going to be okay, Luke. He just needs time. And we just need to be there for him." she said gently, walking over and wrapping her arms around her big brother in a reassuring hug. Luke sighed and nodded, squeezing his sister back before the two released each other. "I know Hales, it's just tough." the man commented, running a hand through his blonde locks, looking a bit distressed. "I know." Haley commented, giving her bro a reassuring smile before running a hand through her own golden blonde hair. "I gotta get ready for work though, so I'll see you when I get back later, k? I hope all goes well with Tyler." she said, waiting for him to mumble and thank you and a see ya' later before she nodded and headed off back to her room to get ready for work.

It didn't take Haley long to get ready, as she simply changed into a pair of black leggings and a white t-shirt that hung loosely over her frame, her blonde locks being thrown back into a high ponytail. She then grabbed the keys from the hook right on the wall next to the door and was on her way to her long shift - not due to be back until late that night. The hours weren't ideal, but the money was good with how popular the late night bar and restaurant was. And looking the way Haley did, she tended to make just a bit more with tips than was expected.

While Haley headed out to work, Luke made his rounds around Nightingale, checking in on those who were hanging around for the day and making sure the training room and everything else was in working order. He found quickly that there were no problems - as per usual - and joined some of the others working on training to bide the time. Hours passed quickly as he enjoyed his time being able to exercise his body and power, and soon enough, Tyler was walking up behind him, making a joke about how he spent way too much time trying to get buff. Luke dropped the weight he had been bench-pressing back into the rack with a slight grunt, sitting up straight with a wild grin decorating his sweaty features. He hopped up with a laugh and walked over to his friend, saying "Oh, I'm not just trying to get buff, I am buff." A laugh escaped his lips as he addressed Tyler, talking a bit about how his day at work had been and filling him in on the situation with Luke.

"Yea man, I'd be glad to help." Tyler agreed readily, saying he just needed to get something to eat first before they got started. Luke nodded, saying "Alright, I'll go get him then. Thanks Tyler." He nodded to the man and they both turned their separate ways. Luke then took a moment to wipe the sweat from his forehead and left the training room, heading back to see if Nick was up. He knocked on his friends door, but when he didn't get any response, he pushed it open, poking his head in. Nick's sleep seemed to be restless, so Luke flipped the light switch on, hoping that would wake him. "Hey Nick, you up? Tyler's back and agreed to help you out. He's just eating dinner real quick, then he'll be ready for you." he questioned, taking a step into the room and waiting for his friends reaction. He really didn't feel like having to shake him awake or drag him out of bed, plus he was pretty sure that Nick had never been a very heavy sleeper.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2015 9:08 am
Fate lies ahead

User Image

Slowly he began to wake up as his door was knocked upon, but it was only when his light was turned on did he actually open his eyes. For a moment he just stared at the wall in an exhausted lull, but he eventually looked over to Luke to see him in the room next to the bed. Rubbing his eyes he slowly sat up to swing his feet over the side of the bed and let out a loud yawn from not having really slept well. "Sweet. I guess I'll get my butt out of bed then," he said through another yawn as he stood up. Growling he balanced on one foot then got his crutch under him then his sling on over his neck.

He let out a slow sigh as he stared at the ground before finally meeting Luke's face and he almost crumbled right there. The scene was too familiar for him though it had been years since he had seen it. His best friend had always been there for him when he was going through the hellish life of wanting to kill himself but subjecting to the marks that were still on his forearms and biceps to this day. It was torturous. "I won't do it again, I promise," he suddenly said as he nodded. "I may be facing new demons but I will not go down the same road I did last time. I will not. I fought to come back and I refuse to let myself backtrack on that promise I made.

"But I cannot lie and say I'll be able to do it on my own. I hate to be a pain like this, but I need someone I can trust to lean on. Like I'm going to need your help with Tyler. I don't know him, I don't trust him, and if this is going to hurt, I'm going to need someone to focus on. I don't want to hurt him," he explained, voicing his concerns before letting out a huff of air. He ran his fingers through his hair then let out a huff of air as he let himself mentally prepare for having someone he doesn't know getting so much as near him. Still, he shook it off. Suffering through a short time of pain would be better than being laid up for a year.

Unbreakable Justice
Captain

Romantic Raider

VVanderIust
Vice Captain

Partying Elder

PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2015 6:58 pm

Ηɑɭеɣ & Lυҡе Νόѵɑҡ

Luke didn't speak again as he waited for his friend to slowly wake up, knowing very well that he just needed some time. He watched as Nick finally opened his eyes and looked over to him before sitting up, letting out a loud yawn. It didn't sound like whatever rest he had gotten had done him very good and Luke couldn't help but wonder if he was plagued by any sort of nightmares. Anything dark that kept him from resting. He didn't dwell on this though, instead nodding to his friend when he moved to finally get out of bed. Although he wanted to help him get balanced, he stayed where he was, knowing that Nick would want to do it himself.

The look that Nick gave him next however almost floored him. It was suddenly like they were both teenagers again, Luke begging his friend to stop doing this to himself. It had been going on for so long, and worn down on him so much that the memory of it was almost physically painful. He wasn't sure what had made Nick look at him like that.. had he done something to spur the memory in him as well? Luke seemed to realize that he was holding his breath when Nick finally broke the silence, promising that he wouldn't do it again. He released the breath he had been holding, nodding his head with a sort of relief that he didn't even know he felt. Maybe it was just leftover worry from years of stress over his best friend's "bad habit" that he hadn't even realized he had been holding onto. "I promise to hold you to that." Luke responded, meaning that he would do everything in his power to keep Nick from going back down that road. He never wanted to see his friend - or anyone - like that ever again.

"You don't even need to ask Nick, I'm always here for you. And even if Haley doesn't know everything, she's always going to be someone you can lean on too, ok? We're both here for you." Luke reassured him, placing his hand on his friends shoulder for a moment before releasing him. He smiled a bit then, trying to bring back the light feeling he had before Nick's intense gaze had hit him like a boulder just moments ago. "Let's go see if Tyler is ready. And don't worry, I won't let you hurt him." Luke reassured him, smiling a bit bigger at his friend before he motioned him to follow, turning on his heels and heading out of the room.

Soon enough the two made there way to the kitchen where Tyler was washing off his dishes from a quick meal. The dark skinned male glanced over when the pair walked into the room, flashing a white smile in their direction. His deep brown eyes were kind, like ones that made you want to trust him. Maybe it was why Luke was more comfortable with this situation despite Nick's mistrust of others. Even though he knew that Tyler was a good guy, his appearance even seemed to radiate kindness. "Hey man, I'm Tyler. I suppose you're Nick?" the other man said, putting his dishes in the drying rack and taking a few confident strides over to the pair. He extended his hand out in greeting, his gaze glancing between Nick and Luke.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2015 7:19 pm
Fate lies ahead

User Image

The fire mutant nodded thankful of all that Luke told him - especially the reminder that Haley was someone he could rely on to even if he hadn't gotten use to it growing up. It was going to be hard the first few weeks being back and he would have to eventually coax himself out of long sleeves as it was too hot in Chicago to be running around in them during the summer. Still, he wanted to keep what happened between himself and his best friend. Change was going to be hard.

"I'll hold you to that too," he replied over him being prevented from hurting their healer. Right behind the other male he hobbled along on his crutches, keeping up easily as he had always been a quick learner.

Within a few strides, he was put in front of a man who looked friendly enough to keep Nick from having a panic attack straight away, yet he still hesitated to grab the man's hand. Eventually he took his hand and firmly shook it before relinquishing the grasp as soon as he could. "Yeah, that would be me," he replied as his voice sounded heavy with uncertainty but he still tried to smile. He grabbed a chair and pulled it out from the table before he sunk down into it stiffly. Nick sighed to let out some of the tension he was feeling in both his mind and body before looking back up to Tyler. "What are you going to need of me for this? Do I need to take layers off, show the actual wounds under the bandages; or are you going to just be able to do it with me fully dressed like this? Trust me when I say it isn't pretty under here."

Unbreakable Justice
Captain

Romantic Raider

VVanderIust
Vice Captain

Partying Elder

PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2015 8:08 pm

Ηɑɭеɣ & Lυҡе Νόѵɑҡ

Luke hoped that Nick would take what he said earnestly - especially about Haley. It had been hard for Luke himself to lean on her as he got older, only seeing her as his younger sister, the baby of the family that needed protecting. But she had grown up to be so strong that he couldn't even really believe it sometimes. He had to lean on her before and she had been amazingly helpful during that time... he knew she would do the same for Nick if he let her.

Luke just nodded when Nick said he was going to hold him to his end of the bargain with Tyler, knowing very well that he would do exactly that. Nick had been his best friend for as long as he could remember, but Tyler was someone that he considered a best friend as well. And he wasn't about to let anything go wrong with this encounter so that either of them ended up hurt. The man watched as Nick seemed to hesitate to shake Tyler's hand, but soon did just that, confirming his identity and quickly removing himself from Tyler's contact. Luke was glad that Tyler had chosen to extend his greeting in that way though, giving Nick a brief glimpse of having to be in someone else's close proximity before the actual healing started. It would hopefully do some good.

"Well, I need access to whatever wound is causing you the most pain. Whether that's a singular cut or a cluster of injuries.. even bruising or just an area of your body that is causing you the most trouble. Normally if I can work from that sort of intense root of the injury, I can heal the rest from there." Tyler commented in response to Nick's questions, watching as he pulled a seat from himself and sat down. Luke pulled up a seat beside Nick and Tyler soon pulled up his own in front of him. Luke seemed to be angled so that he was kind of situated in the middle and could lunge out to stop anything if need be.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2015 8:40 pm
Fate lies ahead

User Image

Nick ran his fingers through his overgrown blonde locks with a shaky sigh at the request. This was going to be tricky to deal with it as he didn't want to expose anything at all to anyone. Still, he did as requested and pulled his shirt off over his head once his sling was off. Far more stiffly he started to work off the bandages that were already being dampened with his blood that resided over his shoulder joint and heart. Nick relied solely on pulling his bandages off with his uninjured arm before it finally showed a mess of stitches that had been used to cover up the surgery done on his shoulder and to repair the damage that had healed wrong while he had been out in the woods. Among it was also healed wounds that had scarred over that bared the resemblance of wild animal bites, shrapnel, and cauterizing he had done to heal his own wounds.

"Like I said, not pretty... My shoulder is hurting the most though, they had to basically cut it all apart and redo it. The knee wasn't as bad when they did this with it," he explained with a heavy sigh. He gave a light glance over at Luke, worried over how he would react. However, at least his arms were still wrapped which meant at least his self harm marks were still covered. He was far less shammed over a tiger attack scar than those. "So is this going to be too much to work with? I've never met a healer before so I'm not sure how this is suppose to go."

Unbreakable Justice
Captain

Romantic Raider

VVanderIust
Vice Captain

Partying Elder

PostPosted: Wed Jul 08, 2015 7:06 pm

Ηɑɭеɣ & Lυҡе Νόѵɑҡ

Tyler and Luke watched Nick carefully as he responded to Tyler's request. Luke was worried about how tough this was going to be for his friend, to expose himself to someone that he barely even knew. But despite his hesitance, Alex slipped his shirt over his head. Bandages dampened with blood and scarred over wounds decorated his friends body, causing Luke to look down for a moment before looking back to his friend. He was just glad that Haley wasn't here - she wouldn't handle seeing the pain that Nick had endured as well as he did.

Tyler nodded in response to Alex when he explained his injuries, scanning over the exposed shoulder and biting his lip slightly. This was not going to be easy and would take a lot of energy - it was good that he didn't have anything else planned that night. Or the next morning, he would need plenty of rest. He shook his head however when Alex asked if it would be too much for him. "No, I should be able to heal all of the major wounds. It's just going to take a lot of effort from me and some time. And it's going to be far from comfortable for you.. but I need you to trust me as much as you're able, ok? I won't be able to work as easily if you're resisting." Tyler answered, keeping his gaze on Nick. He could tell the man was guarded, but he needed some sort of trust from him. Without it, this would probably be very far from successful.

"You have to tell me if you're not ready for this though, it won't be successful." Tyler said carefully, glancing between Nick and Luke as if asking them both for permission. He was not about to start this if there was going to be resistance. He could end up damaging Nick's body more than helping it if he wasn't willing to go along.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 08, 2015 7:49 pm
Fate lies ahead

User Image

Nick slumped back in his chair a little, grimacing as he shifted to hold his arm up by his other as just letting gravity have a pull on it was too much. He pursed his lips at the request to relax as it wouldn't be easy. Tensing up was a natural reaction for him and knowing that someone he didn't know was going to be putting him in pain was going to make it even harder. If he didn't do this though, he was going to start losing his mind again and risk depression once more. He didn't want to go back to the place where he was hoping that medicine would be enough to keep himself from taking his own life. That was a place he never wanted to be again.

If he let himself be healed though, he was a risk.

After a few minutes, Nick finally nodded his head. "I can sit still for this and I won't lash out against you. If I do get to that point, I will let you know so we can stop, you won't be harmed, and I won't be hurt for my reaction. When we move to work on my backside, my spine, I will lay down so it's easier to reach. Until then I will sit still the best I can," he spoke softly as he looped his feet around the legs of the chair to pin himself then reached behind him with his uninjured hand to clench onto the hair at the base of his neck. It wasn't a solid place to hold, but it would work and he needed something to hold that he wouldn't harm with his powers. "I'm ready when you are."

Unbreakable Justice
Captain

Romantic Raider

VVanderIust
Vice Captain

Partying Elder

PostPosted: Sat Jul 11, 2015 12:33 pm

Ηɑɭеɣ & Lυҡе Νόѵɑҡ

{{ ooc : I just realized I was calling him Alex last post, must have had Hell in my mind haha xD }}

Tyler didn't push Nick for a response, allowing the man to think over his choice before he made a decision. Luke seemed a bit more antsy, wondering if his friend would still want to go through with it knowing that he had to try to control his own inner mistrust of new people. It hadn't been a problem for Luke - he'd always been a very trusting guy and he knew Tyler very well. The two watched Nick pointedly as he settled on his choice, exchanging glances occasionally. After only a few minutes, Nick finally responding, saying he would do his very best to not lash out at Tyler and allow him to heal him. Tyler nodded, saying "Alright, let's do this."

Luke scooted his chair in a bit more so he was situated perfectly between the two - his body relaxed but ready to move forward and help at a moment's notice. Tyler scooted his chair a bit forward as well, leaning in and placing his hands one over the other across Nick's shoulder. His grip was tight, but not uncomfortably so, and he made eye contact with Nick - nodding at him in reassurance that it would be ok. And then his eyes fell shut and his head nodded down as he focused every ounce of his energy on assessing Nick's wounds and beginning to piece the man back together. That was how it would feel precisely - like Nick's body was beginning pulled back together one bit at a time. The pain wouldn't be completely unbearable - especially for someone who had already been through so much - but it would be very far from comfortable as well. The healing would begin in Nick's shoulder and spread down his arms on both sides, stinging and pulling along the way to heal new and old wounds. Pre-existing scars would not be taken away, the amount of energy required for that way too much. New scars were kept from forming however, anything from the wounds Tyler was working out would disappear from Nick's skin.

After what probably felt like ages, but was really only minutes under a half hour, Tyler slowly pulled his hands away, wiping some of the dried blood that had peeled off on his hands on a towel sitting beside him. His eyes drifted open to look at Nick, exhaustion evident there. But he wasn't done yet. "We can take a break if you need it. If not you can flip over and we can work on your back." Tyler stated, running a hand over his head before dropping it back down in his lap.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 13, 2015 1:43 pm
Fate lies ahead

User Image

As everyone prepared around him, Nick's eyes wondered between Tyler and Luke. He could tell both were slightly unsure of him as he was being stared down - Luke being the worst of it. He recognized that his friend might see him as a risk as he had never the best control over his powers when it came to instinctive reaction as his powers were so naturally apart of him. His best friend had reason to be worried.

He let his eyes linger on him for a moment longer before giving his friend a small smirk and sunk back down into the chair with a slow breath of air. He grimaced as he felt the man put his hands over the heavily bruised skin and muscle from the surgeries but that was the least of the pain. As everything began to be pulled back together, his heart rate spiked and his breathing quickly became rapid and shallow. It took a few practice breaths to slow it down to where it was slower and deeper, more relaxed as it had to be. However, occasionally he let out a small huff of air with a whimper as it was paining him to sit still and not tense up in reaction. Towards the end of the healing, he started tensing and had to bounce his leg to keep himself from doing so while he bared his teeth. When it finally stopped, he slumped over onto the table he sat next to, drenched in sweat, and shaking.

"I would rather just get the rest done," Nick quickly replied to the question though his body was shaking violently. He slowly sat up and pushed his blonde hair back while trying to get himself back under control. Finally he was on his feet though and put his back to Tyler so he sat backwards in the chair with his injured leg straight out.

His back had more trauma wounds from forceful impacts and shrapnel wounds verses animal wounds. Though there were a few that were caused from stabbing wounds that all the way through, his back was mostly speckled in small scars. All those hits though had added up and resulted in a surgery because they had been worried if he didn't do so, Nick wouldn't be walking anywhere within five years. His knee had been the same concern as he had torn several ligaments in it while out in the wild, but had no one to ensure it healed correctly - even after surgery he had been told he would have a permanent limp the rest of his life.

In comparison, Nick rather would have the limp than be crippled before he was thirty. "I might need your help on this one, Luke," he warned his friend before he draped himself over the back of the chair and held on so he was secure. "Relaxing while the nerves are fixed might be a little more than I can cope with."

Unbreakable Justice
Captain

Romantic Raider

VVanderIust
Vice Captain

Partying Elder

PostPosted: Wed Jul 15, 2015 8:40 pm

Ηɑɭеɣ & Lυҡе Νόѵɑҡ

Though Luke could tell the first round of healing had been tough for Nick, he seemed willing to get right back at it again. His friend was looking better already despite the caked on blood and Luke couldn't help but be pleased by the results. Tyler was probably not going to want to move from bed all day tomorrow after this little excursion, but they both knew it would be worth it. Even though Tyler knew little to nothing about Nick - other than random stories about a childhood friend from Luke - he could tell this man had been through a painful ordeal. And he was happy to do what he could to help. Both men seemed to nod simultaneously in agreement when Nick requested that they just get it over with, seeming to agree that that was the best course of action.

"Alright, let's get this over with then. I really am sorry this has to be so painful, but you're doing really well so far." Tyler said gently, a slight tinge of guilt tainting the man's words. He hated that he had to hurt people in order to help them, but he also knew very well that what he was doing was good. Tyler watched at Nick finally stood up and turned around, exposing the traumatic wounds that decorated his whole back. This was not going to be easy, but then again, none of this had been easy so far.

Luke nodded to Nick when he said that he might need help with this one, picking up his chair and moving it around to the back of Nick's so that they were sitting face to face. "I'm right here, man. If you need me for support just grab on or take it out on me or whatever you need to do." Luke reassured him, giving him a slight smile in an attempt to make him relax. He knew it wouldn't do much good however and sat slightly more tense than he had been before, ready to spring forward at any moment. "Alright, let's get going then." Tyler confirmed, scooting his chair in a bit and placing his hands over the middle of Nick's back, right along his spine. It wouldn't take long for the pain to set in as Nick's wounds once again starting healing as his body pieced itself back together.

This round took longer and by the time Tyler was finished, he all but collapsed back into the chair behind him, his breathing heavy as his eyes seemed to roll back in his head. This eery expression only lasted for a moment however before he pushed himself to sit upright, looking at the two before him with a half lidded expression. "How do you feel?" he asked, exhaustion plaguing his every word as he battled back a yawn. He picked up the towel once again and wiped more dried blood free from his hands, focusing his gaze on Nick's form in an attempt to see just how much he had done to help the man. Any major injuries Nick had been suffering from would be completely healed other than some minor scarring and leftover soreness and everything that would've had a long term affect on him would no longer be long lasting. He would probably feel like a completely new man, most if not all pain disappeared from his body. Only a lingering soreness from being pieced back together would remain with him for the rest of the week, maybe even less time than that.

Action

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff