[Fin] Earthshaking revelations Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

TawnyAngel

Predestined Inquisitor

PostPosted: Fri Jul 17, 2015 12:07 pm
"Nugh." Dith said intelligently as he tried to remember a) how to form sentences and b) how to form them in English. In the interim he shook his head at Abel and wondered if he'd just gone mad. "It spoke," he managed to hiss eventually, "I heard it. It said it's been a long time since it saw humans!" He must have gone mad, either that or this was a dream. Yes, that made sense, it had to be a dream. What happened if you got crushed during a really realistic dream?

<> Viktor replied to the Onix, currently unaware of exactly what was going on with the humans. <>

<> The Onix raised its head again and looked around. <> it observed, apparently not currently that interested in what Viktor had to say. <>

PostPosted: Fri Jul 17, 2015 12:28 pm
He blinked and turned to look at Dith, wondering just what was wrong - besides the obvious, of course. It spoke - he assumed it was, honestly, given Viktor had gone to converse with it - but he actually... "Wait, what?" Abel said, eyebrows raising. Isaac looked similarly surprised, his ears perking up higher and blinking colorful eyes at Dith. "You actually understood it? ...what else did it say?"

He could understand it? The brightly-patterned Espeon blinked in clear confusion. He heard both parts of the conversation - or rather, mostly the Onix, but Viktor was much quieter, though he could still make out bits and pieces - and so knew exactly what was said, and what was said was exactly what Dith had said. How did... How could he? What was going on? Abel couldn't understand it, that much was clear, but Dith could? What?

BlackFireKitsune
Vice Captain

Tiny Lunatic

TawnyAngel

Predestined Inquisitor

PostPosted: Fri Jul 17, 2015 12:43 pm
"I... I think so?" Dith looked deeply confused and perhaps a bit worried. "It just said that the settlement down there had grown, and it wondered how long it has been, and something about time passing differently below?" Abel was giving him a very weird look. It was entirely justified. Dith looked down at Isaac for help. "Am I hearing that right?" Or was he crazy.

<> Viktor said, trying to keep the tension out of his voice. <>

The Onix seemed to consider this and then lowered its head again, looming just inches above Viktor's head. <>

Viktor looked blank, and increasingly concerned.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 17, 2015 1:02 pm
Isaac's head snapped up when Dith looked to him to confirm he was correct, and at a loss for what else to do, the psychic-type simply nodded, quite confused. That was, indeed, what the Onix had said, though how Dith understood it as he did, the Espeon had no idea.

"Huh..." Abel really didn't have much else to say about it at this point. They had suddenly been surrounded by a giant snake made of rock that now looked like it wanted to eat Viktor, and Dith could understand it. He wasn't quite sure if he was still awake or not, at this point. "It's.. not going to eat Viktor, is it? What does it want?"

BlackFireKitsune
Vice Captain

Tiny Lunatic

TawnyAngel

Predestined Inquisitor

PostPosted: Fri Jul 17, 2015 1:07 pm
"It wants to know how long it's been since it went... below? Underground I guess." Dith had been staring at the Onix, tensing as it lowered its head towards Viktor, but he now turned back to Abel. "Uh, so how are you on history of the region? Do you know of a year when there were three really big storms, and a landslide in this area? It said that the west peak crumbled." Whatever that meant, and also, why was this happening? This couldn't be happening.

<> The Onix finally picked up on the little human voices and turned to look down at them, tilting its head on one side. <> It raised the very tip of its tail and prodded Dith gently in the small of the back; he yelped and jumped away from it.

"Like what?" he asked in slightly panicked tones, he was suddenly very worried about perhaps being squished again.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 17, 2015 1:25 pm
Abel floundered a little at Dith's unexpected question. "I mean, don't get me wrong, I like history, but I have no idea," the blond replied somewhat regretfully - and hesitantly, given that seemed tied to the Onix's words. "Uhh," think fast, think fast! "I've only been here a couple years. Maybe try the library? Don't they have records of all kinds of things? ...though that probably won't help us out here," he added ruefully.  

BlackFireKitsune
Vice Captain

Tiny Lunatic

TawnyAngel

Predestined Inquisitor

PostPosted: Fri Jul 17, 2015 1:34 pm
<> An Onix's face is not designed for being expressive but the rumble it made indicated interest and confusion. <> Perhaps it had been longer than it had realised. <> the Onix decided abruptly. <>

Dith blinked. "You... you want to go to a library? Well I can't take you in but uh, I can bring things out and tell you about them?" He was talking to a pokemon. To a pokemon. This wasn't a voice in his mind like the Mewtwo in the forest, these words were going in through his ears and somehow the creaking groaning noises made sense to him. How was that possible?

The Onix appeared to think for a while and then nodded. <>

"Uuuh, well you're pretty interesting too," Dith said weakly, fumbling in his pockets until his fingers closed on the familiar shape of a Heavy Ball. That would do. He withdrew it slowly, enlarged it, and then at a nod from the Onix he threw it.

The enormous rock snake vanished in a flash of light and the grey and white ball landed on the ground. It didn't even rock, it simply made the little 'click!' noise that indicated it was secure and lay still.

Dith stared at it. "Well then."

PostPosted: Fri Jul 17, 2015 2:07 pm
The blond watched as the Onix made more noises like rocks grinding together and Dith in turn spoke to it in clear English. How was he talking to it? How could he understand it? And then it vanished inside a pokeball and their sudden captor instead became a captive - a willing captive, it seemed? But all the same, it wasn't barring their passage anymore. Abel could only think to mimic Dith with a less pronounced, "Well then." Well then indeed.

Isaac blinked, looking between the ball and Dith. Had that... Had that really just happened?

BlackFireKitsune
Vice Captain

Tiny Lunatic

TawnyAngel

Predestined Inquisitor

PostPosted: Fri Jul 17, 2015 2:21 pm
Dith approached the pokeball cautiously, stooped to pick it up, and then checked that it really was sealed correctly. All seemed to be in order. Viktor bounded over to him to rub up against him; Dith stroked him distractedly for a few moments and then straightened up again. "Well," he repeated. There didn't seem to be any other words in his mind right now.... Oh wait, there were some. "выебать, I need a drink."  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 17, 2015 3:01 pm
While Abel watched Dith retrieve the ball, he wasn't really paying attention, his brainpower focused solely on processing what in the world just happened. Had it actually happened? Was he having some kind of fever dream of Dith having a conversation with an Onix? Lack of oxygen, maybe? Maybe he should stop smoking so much. Perhaps--

The Russian pulled him out of his reverie, even if he didn't understand it - not that he probably would've caught what he said even if he'd spoken in English - but the latter comment was not lost on him. Abel nodded eagerly in agreement, "That sounds like an excellent idea."

Isaac's confusion was quickly replaced by a flat, displeased expression.

BlackFireKitsune
Vice Captain

Tiny Lunatic

TawnyAngel

Predestined Inquisitor

PostPosted: Fri Jul 17, 2015 3:16 pm
Viktor looked up at his trainer, having as much trouble processing the situation as the rest of them were. <<...Dima?>>

"Hu?" Dith looked down at Viktor. Just the usual noises, he couldn't understand him... yet he had definitely understood the Onix. Right? "I don't understand you Viktor."

<> Viktor nodded, looking perhaps faintly disappointed. <> he gestured with a paw.

"Da," Dith nodded, "time to go back and find a bar somewhere. There must be one open somewhere, right?" He looked at Abel for confirmation. "Please tell me this is the kind of place where you can find a place to drink in the middle of the day." It was probably a bad idea but right now he didn't care.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 17, 2015 3:21 pm
So Dith could understand the Onix he'd never met before, but not his Espeon he'd had for... however long. That was.... well it was a lot of things, 'interesting' being just one of them, but he couldn't think of any others. Instead he preferred not to think on it too hard and seized the topic of drinks and bars wholeheartedly. "Yeah, I can't imagine there aren't at least one or two places that are open now," the blond affirmed, turning and letting Isaac down onto the grass - he'd only just realized he was still holding the Espeon - and faced the way they'd come, fully prepared to descend back to town and walk right into the first bar they found. "I'm sure there's at least one though. Wanna go find it?" If not, he was about to go find it himself.  

BlackFireKitsune
Vice Captain

Tiny Lunatic

TawnyAngel

Predestined Inquisitor

PostPosted: Fri Jul 17, 2015 3:23 pm
Dith looked at the pokeball in his hand again for a couple of moments before putting it away in a pocket. "Hell yes." Maybe all of this would make more sense seen through the bottom of a few glasses. It certainly couldn't make less.  
Roleplay

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff