Welcome to Gaia! ::

Ministry of Magic & the Wizarding World

Back to Guilds

Live the life of a wizard! Based on J.K. Rowling's books, this guild focuses on the Ministry of Magic and everyday life. Open and accepting! 

Tags: roleplay, J.K. Rowling, Harry Potter, Ministry of Magic, Wizarding World 

Reply Private Homes
The Walsh Family Flat Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

The Forgotten Weasley
Crew

Blessed Moonwalker

9,250 Points
  • WilyTrickster 50
  • Blazing Power of Friendship Wave 200
  • The Wolf Within 100
PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2015 12:00 pm
I’ve been tryin’ to keep my grip,
Yeah I think I’m over this.
I can hear it now, oh no, oh no-
Yeah my tongue will let it slip,
Why’d I do those things I did,
I can taste it now, oh no, oh no!
I’ll try my best, how much do I invest?
Like cardiac arrest, high voltage in her lips...

User Image
T O B I A S
P H I L E M O N
W A L S H

Dragon Research & Restraint BureauFormer GryffindorHalfblood Twin

Toby probably shouldn't have been very surprised when Andrew immediately probed at the lie, probably because Theo was the one telling it. He resolved to stay out of this. He wasn't being interrogated, after all. Theo and Dani were old enough to sink or swim on their own. He look dismayed at Ronna's dry statement. "C'mon, Ronna, I hardly invited him over. I'm a victim of fate here too," he whined, before dissolving into snickers when she claimed not to like 'getting into pointless arguments'. That was a bald faced lie if he'd ever heard one. From what he remembered, most of their school years had comprised of pointless arguments.

"Yeah, don't get us arrested for kidnapping," he joked, taking another sip of butterbeer, biting his tongue as Andrew pulled out his mobile. That... probably wasn't going to work in this flat. Too much magic. Luckily, Ronna quickly covered for it. "Wifi's rubbish too," he added, before barely stopping himself from rolling his eyes when Theo spoke up about where he was from. For God's sake, as far as Toby knew he'd been adopted pretty young, and it wasn't like he'd grown up on the streets of the Southside. Four of Toby's siblings had been adopted, so it might have been a touchy subject for him, but none of them had ever waxed poetic about their origins or tried to play the 'orphan card'.

He had to stare at his lap and the way his one knee was always jittery when Theo came up with a tall tale to explain how he'd met Ronna. God, he hoped Andrew was gullible or just didn't care enough to ask too many questions, though he doubted it if he was related to Ronna. He hadn't ever heard much about Dani's parents though, and couldn't remember who she lived with. Grandparents, or an aunt and uncle, maybe. Obviously she was too young to be on her own. They were all making his family look like saints, anyways.

OOC:
mc2

RedEagleEye007

Graydon Ironshield

My innards turn, your eyes roll.
I’ll be there to take the fall...
I can feel it now, oh no, oh no-
Same old story since day one!
But I've got no place to run!
I can see it now, oh no, oh no...

PostPosted: Sun Aug 02, 2015 6:14 pm
User Image
------------------------------------------------------------------------

Andrew smiled with a hair of amusement as Ronna jumped into the Andrew narrowed his eyes at Theo as he began with how he was adopted, painting it almost as some pitiful fate, since being adopted by someone who obviously wanted you seemed that awful compared to some things, and then mentioned him and her meeting up on the streets together. "You two met roaming the streets? When you weren't that old? Right... somehow that sounds skeptical. Unless you're that neighbor kid that she broke the nose of back when they were kids. But then again I think he was the same age as Ronna and they had gone to the same school when they were little," He said, skepticism obvious in his voice.

He raised a brow at Danica and said curious citing the school Ronna supposedly attended, "Are you not going to Benenden too? Or did you just meet in grade school and keep in touch?" He shrugged and said his attention turning back to Theo for a moment and said, "Still a bit weird that you kept in touch with some girl from your hometown when she hasn't been there for so long. Kind of creepy if you ask me. Not like you went to the same prep school as her. Or your some really ugly girl, or did a sex change really recently, and if that is the case... well I suppose I've seen uglier guys."

As the conversation turned to him getting in touch with his mother and father he half smiled at Toby's joke about them not getting in trouble about kidnapping him. He paused and then said, "Story is kind of sketchy for both of you. Anyways, how'd you meet my sister and end up shaking up with her, Toby? As you might guess Ronna really doesn't talk much to the family. Probably because she can get away with avoiding a certain cow, unlike I can. Your taking A levels now, right?" He added to Danica, "What are you taking? And you... what's your plans after graduation now, Theo, right? University or straight to the work force?"

Time: Summer of 2030

{OoC: }
The Forgotten Weasley

RedEagleEye007

Graydon Ironshield

mc2

Shameless Sex Symbol

21,090 Points
  • Deal Me In 50
  • Married 100
  • Person of Interest 200

mc2

Shameless Sex Symbol

21,090 Points
  • Deal Me In 50
  • Married 100
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Sat Nov 28, 2015 7:23 pm
User Image
xVeronica Kissxxxxx
xxxx

Time: January 2032
Looking: Stressed
------------------------------------------------------------------------xx

Veronica Kiss wouldn't have thought much of being late for her period if it hadn't been for that one night. Why she thought it was a good idea for both her and Toby to get completely pissed off their arse was beyond her. She was supposed to be the one who held her liquor while making sarcastic comments towards Toby who was too drunk to even walk in a straight line. Toby had stayed more sober than he could have, but Ronna did not. It had been some of their best friend's weddings and while they paused for some water it had evolved from possibly arguing and drinking reasonable drinks to consuming shots. And somehow both of them stumbled home and decided to make up their differences in a perfectly reasonable way, except they both had neglected to make good of the box of condoms in the night stand. She had brushed it off figuring one slip up wouldn't be the end of the world until she end up a week late from her period.

She had gotten off early that day and had decided to stop by the store and buy a pregnancy test. When the first one was positive she proceeded to buy one of every brand in the store and go home and drink enough water to drown a fish. Now she stood at the bathroom sink repeating the word "s**t" as she looked down at no less than seven pregnancy tests all reading positive. She was going to kill Toby when she got home it was his fault, except it wasn't. It was both of their fault. "Oh God, what if I end up a s**t mum like my mum? What if it's genetic... what if? s**t... s**t. s**t." She muttered under her breath not even noticing when Toby got in, the door to the bathroom open as she stared at the results of her afternoon off.

"I swear I'm never drinking again," She said meaning not only for the next nine months or so due to being pregnant but ever. At this point the shock had not worn off to horror or panic. It was probably a good thing.

The Forgotten Weasley

Quote:

Quote:

PostPosted: Sat Nov 28, 2015 8:22 pm
Your mouth is a revolver,
Firing bullets in the sky.
Your love is like a soldier,
Loyal 'til you die.
And I've been looking at the stars...
For a long, long time.
I've been putting out fires all my life.

User Image
T O B I A S
P H I L E M O N
W A L S H

Objectively speaking, Toby should have seen this coming. True, he and Ronna had not gone to their best mates's wedding with the intention of getting so well and truly sloshed that they completely forgot about the box of rubbers in the night stand. But still, alcohol and sex didn't usually have the best outcomes to begin with, and while it wasn't as if every time he and his girlfriend shagged they were completely sober, usually at least Ronna had enough wits about her to remind him they needed to wrap it before he tapped it. To be crude.

And to his credit, Toby was generally careful as well. He liked sex. He liked sex with Ronna, the only person he'd ever had it with. He also liked them not being parents, which was why, since Ronna wasn't on any sort of birth control, muggle or magical, they always used condoms. Just... not that night. He didn't know why he hadn't said anything about it before. The very next morning, after they slept off their hangover, he ought to have brought it up with her. But he hadn't. He'd been vaguely aware they hadn't used a condom, but in the back of his mind had dismissed it. People neglected to use condoms all the time, and still didn't get pregnant.

Unfortunately, he was realizing now, they were not of that lucky group. To be blunt, they'd gotten very drunk, possibly under the assumption that if they were too plastered to think properly, they couldn't possibly argue (which was true, but they could still do other things), and messed up. Really, really messed up. Which was why when he came home from work one January evening to see the bathroom door wide open and muffled cursing coming from inside, it didn't take a genius to put all the pieces of the puzzle together.

"F**k, tell me you're not pregnant," he said in true panicking Toby form, loosening his tie and running a hand through his hair and he rushed over to her. Then he glanced over the pregnancy tests. All seven of them. All positive. "Holy hell. You are." She most definitely was. He looked at Ronna worriedly. So far she was not screaming or crying, which was a good sign. But he was pretty sure that was only the case because she was still in shock... which was not a good sign. At all.

"Oh-okay," he stammered. "Okay. Jesus. Okay- what are we gonna do? I mean... Ronna, we're gonna have a kid. I-," he stared at her in wordless horror. "Oh God. My parents. My parents are going to kill us." He sat down on the closed toilet seat, looking like he was the one who had just been informed he was with child. His face was rapidly draining of all color, to say the least. He was not father material. Not right now, anyways. And he and Ronna were still bickering about marriage! They hadn't even gotten to the kids bit!

OOC:
mc2

Everybody wants a flame, but-
They don’t want to get burnt.
And today is our turn.
People like us, we don't-
Need that much, just...
Someone that starts the-
Spark in our bonfire hearts!

The Forgotten Weasley
Crew

Blessed Moonwalker

9,250 Points
  • WilyTrickster 50
  • The Wolf Within 100

mc2

Shameless Sex Symbol

21,090 Points
  • Deal Me In 50
  • Married 100
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Sat Nov 28, 2015 8:38 pm
User Image
xVeronica Kissxxxxx
xxxx

Ronna's cursing paused when Toby entered the bathroom asking her to tell him she wasn't pregnant only for him to spot the pregnancy tests and stating the obvious conclusion. She narrowed her eyes at him as he asked what they were going to do and then brought up his parents. "We probably should go crib shopping? Or I mean if your parents do kill us we don't have to worry about that..." She added with an attempt at a joke before she glanced at the pregnancy tests and slipped down to the floor and burried her face in her hands and muttered, "F**k... F**king F**kity F**k."

She took a deep breath and then looked up at Toby sitting on the toilet, the shock draining from her to panic and horror now, "I... This is bad. Really, really bad. I mean I'll probably be an awful mother. I mean look at my Mum. Shitty mothering is genetic or something, right? I mean you should be fine but I might just go off... I... I'll be an awful mum I just know it!" She buried her face in her hands again with a sob.

The Forgotten Weasley

Quote:

Quote:

PostPosted: Sun Nov 29, 2015 8:23 am
Loyal 'til you die.
For a long, long time.

User Image
T O B I A S
P H I L E M O N
W A L S H

Toby thought she was about to lose it when she narrowed her eyes at him, a sure sign that she was on edge already. But she tried to make a joke, which fell utterly flat given their current situation, then looked in apparent despair at the tests again and sank down to the floor. Had this been any other time, her overuse of ye old f-bomb would have amused him to no end, as while Ronna wasn't afraid to swear, he was usually the more foul mouthed of the pair. Right now all he felt was a slowly spreading sensation of dread, though.

However, Ronna was the pregnant one, and he was pretty sure pregnant women were not advised to sit on tiny bathroom floors sobbing. Honestly, both of them were tall, it was starting to get claustrophobic in here, if it hadn't already. He got off the toilet and squirmed down next to her on the floor. He was rubbish at comforting; this was all her fault for rarely getting this upset. He was the sensitive soul of the relationship! Ronna dealt in logic and facts, he dealt in emotion and feelings. That was how it had always been.

"No," he said, his own voice cracking a bit, to his dismay. "No, shh, listen, okay? Okay? Sh*tty mothering is definitely not genetic. No, listen. I'll need you to keep me from forgetting to feed the baby or something or not being able to stop it from crying. You'll be an amazing mum. Seriously, you will. You're smart and determined and you keep your calm way better than me...," He wrapped an arm around her shoulders, leaning his head against hers.

"You won't be awful. I won't let you be awful at it, and you won't let me be awful at it, and that's how we'll deal with this, okay? Because this sucks, and it's not what we wanted right now, but if I can work with dragons and you can catch criminals, I'm pretty sure we can keep a tiny human in line." They had to. Toby didn't think he was ever going to be as good a dad as his own father, but he seriously doubted Ronna could ever be as horrible as her own mother. Besides, he thought in an attempt at humor, it wasn't like she could divorce him. They weren't married.

OOC:
mc2

And today is our turn.
Need that much, just...
Someone that starts the-

The Forgotten Weasley
Crew

Blessed Moonwalker

9,250 Points
  • WilyTrickster 50
  • The Wolf Within 100

mc2

Shameless Sex Symbol

21,090 Points
  • Deal Me In 50
  • Married 100
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Sun Nov 29, 2015 5:32 pm
User Image
xVeronica Kissxxxxx
xxxx

Ronna tucked her legs up to her as Toby moved down to the floor beside her, wrapping his arm around her shoulders and leaning his head against hers. While she appreciated Toby's faith in her she doubted Toby was the type to forget to feed a baby and she doubted even more that she would be anything close to an amazing mum. She looked up, wiping the tears from her eyes with one hand as he reassured her that they could keep a tiny human in line. Staring for a good thirty seconds without saying anything she finally said, her voice cracking ever so slightly on the verge of returning to tears, "So you're saying we're stuck in this together?"

She bit her lip looking away letting her mind slowly try to process the issue. Her and Toby constantly argued and weren't even close to being married and now they had a child together or would in nine months. Toby's mum and dad were going to kill them or her or just Toby when they found out. Maybe if Ronna and Toby had been married... except marriage was the kiss of death of a relationship. Or that is what Ronna claimed, but it didn't logically make sense. Plenty of people married and lived happily ever after. Well not exactly happily ever after but they made it work.

Honestly, it wasn't even that horrid to find out she was pregnant. She really wasn't that upset about it. No, she was more terrified that she was going to be bad at it. Didn't Gypsy have the same fear about Malcolm though and do great? Sure Gypsy had had two great parents but Ronna had had one great parent even if her mother was horrid. She hugged her legs to her and said, "Carl says I'm more like Dad than Mum. Actually he says I'm basically a girl version of Dad but I make a prettier girl than he ever could."

She looked back to Toby, biting her lip once more as the wheels turned in her head and she said, "Remember what we were talking about at the wedding? Before we both got totally pissed and well..." She waved a hand at the pregnancy tests spread out on the sink counter. Ronna had said that if you were having a kid it made sense to get married. She had even joked if Jess was knocked up her engagement to Dori would make sense. Obviously fate had a poor sense of humor as that was the same night she end up pregnant herself. If she was going to be a mother she might as well bite the bullet with her fears of marriage and get that over too. Besides if she was pregnant when she got married even if she looked like a beached whale no one would dare say she looked fat or ugly because she was pregnant and had an excuse. Though weren't pregnant women supposed to have great skin from some natural glow?

The Forgotten Weasley

Quote:

Quote:

PostPosted: Mon Nov 30, 2015 1:43 pm
Loyal 'til you die.
For a long, long time.

User Image
T O B I A S
P H I L E M O N
W A L S H

Toby was a little caught off guard. As stressed out as he was at the moment, he had still never seen Ronna this distraught. He was just starting to get a bit scared when she finally responded, sounding like she was about to burst into tears again. He rubbed her shoulder comfortingly. "Yeah." Meanwhile he was on the verge of having a good cry himself, because the prospect of a pregnancy, child birth, and a wailing infant entirely dependent on him all terrified him, but he needed to keep it together for her sake. And then go out for a drink with Jer as soon as possible. He had to understand; he was basically a father now.

Just imagining the look on his own father's face when he heard about this made his stomach tense up. Never mind his mother- she'd be furious, but Da would be disappointed, and somehow that would be worse. Screw being an adult who didn't still look to his parents for approval. Muggles his age were still living at home or in uni on their parents's money. He was allowed to be a little terrified of them still. And this wasn't some teenage mess up; what was he going to say? 'Whoops, got Ronna pregnant, I'm sure everything will be fine'? 'Congratulations, you have a grandkid on the way and you're not even fifty!'

He tried to console himself by thinking of all the ways this could be worse. he and Ronna could, for example, still be in school. That would be bad. At least they were out of their teens, and out of Hogwarts. They could not have jobs. They could have had a one night stand that resulted in this. Toby had known Ronna since he was eleven, and while he hadn't always liked her, and she hadn't always liked him, they had been background constants in one another's adolescences. You could argue that they'd pretty much grown up together.

Toby had never actually met Ronna's father; he had seen a picture or two of the man, but Mr. Kiss had been dead by the time he and Ronna had started going out, and for a while he hadn't even known the circumstances of the man's death, or really anything at all about Ronna's family. She wasn't exactly forthcoming, especially compared to him, and as a teen he'd been hesitant of provoking her ire by prying. Now they'd been living together for two years and he really didn't care, but at age sixteen it had been a different story.

"Well, he was a good dad. And he raised you, so everything will be fine," he assured her. Toby really didn't want her to continue on the line of thinking that her parents would have any major effect on her own parenting abilities, but nature vs. nurture and all that and right now he needed her to calm down. If she was hysterical he'd get caught up in it and they'd both completely go mad. His hopes sank a little as she referenced the wedding. While it had never evolved into a full on fight, they hadn't exactly been at their best with one another, either, seeing as a main reason for them both getting pissed was to avoid an ongoing argument. But what, was she thinking about marriage? Did she think he was going to try to propose on the spot now because she was pregnant?

Toby would go out and buy a ring now if she wanted, but he certainly didn't want her just saying yes because she was knocked up with his kid and they were both going to be noble Gryffindors and do things the 'proper way'. F**k no. "About... people getting married?" he asked hesitantly, picking at a tiny hole in the knee of his trousers he was going to have to try to sew at some point. With his long legs stretched out they hit the opposite wall and he stared at it, waiting for her to go on. Please let this not get into a row, not now, he begged whatever powers there might be that presided over upset couples.

OOC:
mc2

And today is our turn.
Need that much, just...
Someone that starts the-

The Forgotten Weasley
Crew

Blessed Moonwalker

9,250 Points
  • WilyTrickster 50
  • The Wolf Within 100

mc2

Shameless Sex Symbol

21,090 Points
  • Deal Me In 50
  • Married 100
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Tue Dec 01, 2015 3:23 pm
User Image
xVeronica Kissxxxxx
xxxx

Veronica nodded as Toby comforted her. It wasn't as if a kid would be the end of the world, though, when Cora and Garret found out it very much might be. Besides Carl the two were the closest to parental figures she had. She never counted her own mother because Trisha didn't count as a real mother. Mothers don't abandon their kids at one and she should have been able to trust a mother enough to tell her that she was a witch. Trisha still thought Ronna was working as a bobby in London "wasting" her education. Ronna could use her education in arithmancy to tell how the woman's name spelled out how much of a horrid cow she was. That was probably the less useful way to use her math skills as in all honesty she generally used arithmancy to help find criminals.

Ronna waited for Toby to answer her about what they discussed at the wedding and only got a half answer, "No, idiot... the why people get married that would actually make sense."

She bit her lip and looked away. She knew it was going to look like the fact she was pregnant was the only reason she wanted to get married, but at least if she end up botching married life people could find excuses like "well it was a shotgun wedding". The truth was the thought of marriage had been warming on her for the past year, without any outside influence maybe in the next five years she would have walked down the aisle in a pretty white gown not pregnant.

She began to fiddle with one of the rings on her finger and said quietly, "It isn't like I don't ever want to get married... I... I just don't like doing things unless I know 100 percent it is going to work out... but..." She fell silent and stared at her hands as she continued to twist one of the rings on her finger, "Maternity wedding gowns tend to be cuter than regular ones anyways..."

The Forgotten Weasley

Quote:

Quote:

PostPosted: Wed Dec 02, 2015 2:19 pm
Loyal 'til you die.
For a long, long time.

User Image
T O B I A S
P H I L E M O N
W A L S H

She was nodding. That had to be a good sign, right? Of course once the nodding stopped it was followed up with 'No, idiot', but Toby figured he deserved that and maybe more, given the circumstances. He was honestly surprised she had never started yelling. He wanted to immediately start trying to talk her down from this clearly insane idea, but he was better off waiting until she was done speaking. If he tried to talk over her she'd get annoyed and he'd get frustrated and they'd both end up yelling. She paused and looked away before continuing. "Woah," he said as she twisted one of her rings back and forth. "Ronna- look, I think we need to take this one thing at a time, okay? I- we just found out you're pregnant. You need to get looked at by someone, a doctor or a healer, whichever. And we need to... I dunno, but I'm not sure planning a wedding is what we should be jumping into at the moment." He swallowed hard. "Look. We really shouldn't fight about this. We have... I just think we have bigger things to worry about. And- and I'm not getting married just because you're pregnant. I'm sorry. I can't. I- that's just a really sh*tty reason to do it, I think. We're never gonna know 100 percent that it'll work out, Ronna. That's not how it works. A baby- a baby not's going to change that." He was trying to understand what she was thinking right now, but he couldn't. He sometimes felt like he could never tell with her. He didn't know if this sudden much softer line on marriage was due to the pregnancy, due to the emotions, or if she was just using it as an excuse so she could admit she did want to get married- he didn't know, and she was saying. He exhaled. "I just... I want to get married because I love you, and you love me, and we're going to tell divorce rates to go f***k themselves and do whatever the hell we want, because that's who we are. But I don't want you to just want to get married because there's a baby coming now, or because you think people will think we're irresponsible. I don't care if we ever get married. As long as I can be with you, and our kid." He choked on the word kid, to his dismay. It felt like so strange, to say it out loud. Our kid. A little squirmy thing that was going to grow up and call him Dad and get into trouble and mouth off... I'm not ready! he wanted to scream, but there was the sense that some little voice would snap back, too bad.

OOC:
mc2

And today is our turn.
Need that much, just...
Someone that starts the-

The Forgotten Weasley
Crew

Blessed Moonwalker

9,250 Points
  • WilyTrickster 50
  • The Wolf Within 100

mc2

Shameless Sex Symbol

21,090 Points
  • Deal Me In 50
  • Married 100
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Wed Dec 02, 2015 3:41 pm
User Image
xVeronica Kissxxxxx
xxxx

The moment Toby tried to slow her thoughts, Ronna narrowed her eyes at him in annoyance. When he said they needed to go to a doctor or healer first she rolled her eyes and she said, "Fine, I can go to your mum or dad... I suppose Uriel works too. Doesn't matter," She said shrugging, "Kills two birds with one stone. They find out I'm pregnant and I get the medical exam over. Besides if I'm their patient can't they not kill me for getting knocked up because well they are my doctor?" She raised a brow at Toby before looking back to the ring she kept twisting and rolled her eyes when he said they shouldn't fight about the issue. She was still rolling her eyes half trying to tune him out so she wasn't tempted to punch him until he finished with not caring if they ever got married or not just that he wanted to be with her. Well her and the kid.

She turned and leaned forward before exclaiming, "Isn't that exactly why people should get married in the end? That they want to be with someone and stay with that someone. I'm not saying that we should get married because I'm pregnant, I'm saying we might as well get married because I'm pregnant. And seriously since when do I care if people think we're irresponsible? Hell, in school while other people were just snogging in the broom closets we were actually shagging there... not exactly 'responsible'." She rolled her eyes in irritation and sat back curling her legs up to her. The more she thought about it the more she thought about how it was probably a small miracle that she hadn't ended up pregnant sooner. Like Toby said nothing was 100 percent and that included birth control and since they only used condoms...

She sighed in irriatation and said, "Look, I know nothing is 100 percent going to work out. You think I don't know that? I... I just like to be really, really sure about things. Besides it isn't like I haven't been warming to the idea of marriage..." She pulled her legs tighter to her and muttered blushing, "And I might be feeling a little left out with Gypsy and Jer and with Jess engaged to Dori." Ronna paused looking up and still blushing adding quickly, "And, I swear if you tell any of them that I'll kill you, okay?"

She took a breath and continued with a cunning smile, revealing a plan she had thought of less than five minutes ago but made sense (or at least to her), "I just figure now with a kid on the way makes as much sense as any if not more. Think about it if we get married like a month before the kid is due that means I'll probably be on maternity leave from work already and you can be soon enough and then we can wait till the honeymoon till the kid is born. Have Gypsy and Jer or Jess and Dori or even your parents (I'm not trusting Carl with a baby and my Mum is a big no) for a couple days giving us a vacation from a screaming infant AND time to enjoy a proper honeymoon while saving on our vacation time from work. It is brilliant really."

She looked down at her hand and began to twist one of the rings on her finger again as she waited for Toby's answer but as an after thought added, "Maybe it is stupid but the more I think about it the less upset I am about this kid thing... I mean the timing isn't the greatest but it isn't like I never wanted kids I just worry about sucking as a mother... Just promise me if I start botching something up you'll pull an intervention, okay?"

The Forgotten Weasley

Quote:

Quote:

PostPosted: Thu Dec 03, 2015 3:25 pm
Loyal 'til you die.
For a long, long time.

User Image
T O B I A S
P H I L E M O N
W A L S H

Toby muttered, "Da's an ER surgeon, Mum works with spell damage, and Uriel with artifacts," but let it go. Really anyone could check a pregnant woman, right? He'd rather it not be anyone they knew, because while his parents and his older brother couldn't actually kill them, his father would slip into icy silence, his mother would lock the exam room door, cast a muffling charm, and scream herself hoarse, and his brother would curse under his breath a lot and look exasperated. But she was barely listening to him at this point, anyways, so it probably didn't even matter.

She was rolling her eyes and playing with that stupid ring like a moody fourteen year old, though he knew he really shouldn't be one to talk. "First of all," he said as calmly as he could manage. "You've only mentioned marriage before this to make comments about how uncomfortable everyone else getting married makes you, so this is a new development, and secondly, us shagging in closets and being stupid teenagers is a hell of a lot different from raising having a bloody kid. And you know it," he added defensively, as she rolled her eyes yet again.

He stared at her as she blushed. Was she insane? Was she actually insane? Could pregnancy do that to you. "Ronna!" he fought so hard to keep himself from snapping it that his voice cracked. He winced. "You... Why don't you just tell me these things? I know I'm not the most observant bloke, but this is literally the first time you have ever mentioned marriage positively. You're- you feel left out? Jesus- For the love of Merlin, you can't just act like you hate the idea of getting married and make me think it's not happening anytime soon in this decade, and now tell me you've been feeling left out of the wedding blitz!"

Her cunning smile was met with a baleful stare. She wanted to get married a month before the baby was due? At eight months pregnant? And- and- was this really the time to be thinking about their honeymoon. "At this moment," he said flatly, "I don't care if we even have a bloody honeymoon, I'm still a little hung up on the marriage bit. Alright. Alright. So say we get married. You really want to walk down that aisle a month before the kid's born? Ronna, are you mad? I don't have a lot of experience with pregnant women, but I'm pretty sure at that point in the whole thing all you want to do is lie down and pray for a quick labor." He paused for half a second before launching into the next part of his tirade.

"And then you want us to leave the kid while we go on a honeymoon. You do realize how insane that is. No one, and I mean no one, is going to want to watch a screaming newborn baby while we're off on vacation. Not my parents, not my sister and Dori, who have zero experience with babies, and not Gypsy and Jer when they have a toddler. And no, I'm not okay with ditching our baby so we can... Just no." He exhaled sharply and massaged his forehead. "I don't even know if I get paternity leave for work. I mean, I'll take time off. But I'm not gonna spending it honeymooning, I'm gonna- we're gonna- be spending it changing diapers and trying to get the kid to sleep through the night. We can't- I need to do this right."

He was not going to be Irresponsible Barely Out Of His Teens Dad. He couldn't. That was what everyone was going to expect him to be, and he needed to be better. He simmered silently for a few moments, waiting for his anger to wind down. He was proud of himself for not yelling, but he'd also been somewhat taking his anger with himself out on her, and that wasn't fair. They were both overwhelmed. "I'm sorry. I meant what I said but- I could have been nicer about it," he muttered. "You're not going to suck at being a mum, and I'm trying really hard to not suck at being a dad already. But I don't want to be a rubbish husband either."

OOC:
mc2

And today is our turn.
Need that much, just...
Someone that starts the-

The Forgotten Weasley
Crew

Blessed Moonwalker

9,250 Points
  • WilyTrickster 50
  • The Wolf Within 100

mc2

Shameless Sex Symbol

21,090 Points
  • Deal Me In 50
  • Married 100
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Fri Dec 04, 2015 5:38 am
User Image
xVeronica Kissxxxxx
xxxx

Ronna frowned at Toby's mutter about the technicalities of his parents and his brother's jobs in medicine and curled her legs tighter to her, wrapping her arms around them and then fixing Toby with a weary look. Okay she might not have thought it through but it seemed more comfortable than some random doctor or healer looking at her. Or not. Toby's parents could be pretty scary and Ronna still hung onto her childish impression that Uriel was a bit of a git. It took her a while to get over her first impressions of people and those she knew at school many she didn't have the best opinion of. She was a bit judgemental at times.

As Toby began to criticize her she began pouting, figuring pouting about technicalities was better than yelling at Toby for disagreeing with her. But Toby was right. He was being the logical one. She was the one who was coming up with wild ideas and pouting. Toby probably by the third pregnancy test would have figured out he was pregnant too if he was in her shoes. She looked away as he pointed out that shagging in closets was very different than having a kid. Ronna thought about pointing out going at it in broom closets at 16 or 17 was about equal on the irresponsibility scale of having a kid at this point in their life. It might be considered worse. They had jobs. They were 20 now. They had been dating for a few years. Both were fairly stable, they just hadn't planned this at all.

She blinked at the crack of his voice on her name and turned to look at him and said, "I... I meant to tell you... I... I tried to mention it at Gypsy and Jer's wedding finally but... well it didn't go over so well." She scuffed the toe of her boot on the floor and muttered, "I thought you'd figure it out... eventually..."

She stared at the toe of her boot scuffing the floor when she felt an incredulous look at her as he reasoned at eight months she really wouldn't want to walk downt he aisle. "Fine..." She said, before looking at Toby and said brightly, "What about at the six month point?"

She winced as he went into his next part of his tirade and gulped looking a bit like a guilty pre-teen than a twenty year old witch watcher. Inching back against the wall more she hugged her legs to her tighter and bit her lip until he apologized and she said, "But... see I'm being a shite mum already. Thinking of bailing ship the moment... I... you grew up with brothers and sisters. You're a big brother. You know how much experience I have with kids? None. Nada. Nothing. I'm an only child and I had no maternal influence and..." She burried her face into her knees, "I'm going to suck. I suck at this already. Sorry... no wonder you don't want to marry me. I suck, right?" The shock and severity of the situation was beginning to finally hit her and any logical part of her brain had shut down. She was overreacting and panicking and not knowing what to do or who to ask about it because everyone was going to tell her that her and Toby had been stupid and they'd figure it out or some nonsensical non-advice like that. It was moments like this she wished her Dad was alive the most, though she was pretty sure he'd have killed Toby and her. He'd probably have killed them both the first time he found out about them shagging. He wouldn't have been like Carl and just reminded her she had a room and not just the living room.

The Forgotten Weasley

Quote:

Quote:

PostPosted: Fri Dec 04, 2015 2:34 pm
Loyal 'til you die.
For a long, long time.

User Image
T O B I A S
P H I L E M O N
W A L S H

Toby could tell that for once, he had gotten through to her. Maybe a little too through to her, because she suddenly looked exhausted and he felt it as well. He just wanted to sleep the way you did after crying a long time, except he had't cried. Yet. She'd pouted like a little kid at first, and it was adorable so he'd had to fight to keep it from working on him, but he knew she was backing down from at least some of her wild schemes. It was almost ironic, how they seemed to have switch places. Usually he'd be the one detailing an insane idea and she'd be shooting it down with ironclad logic and a healthy dose of sarcasm.

She'd thought he'd figure it out eventually? Well who knew how long that would have taken. They could have been forty and he'd still be clueless, and she probably still wouldn't have said anything. "You have to tell me these things," Toby murmured in a much more subdued manner, moving his arm from around her shoulders to around her waist. "C'mon, I'm not the brainy one. You know that." And if she was dead set on getting married, he knew she'd want it at least well planned. Ronna was nothing if not a planner. Six months to plan a wedding would be tight, but... "Better," he said tightly.

He felt like sh*te when she practically curled into herself like a rebuked toddler. "You are not being a sh*te mum already," he said swiftly. "You're panicking, okay? And I'm panicking too, but for now we have to just take things as they come." That was something his mum said a lot. He could barely believe he was quoting her. Gah. Toby snorted without humor. "Ronna, I was't a big brother until I was about nine. My parents adopted Uriel, then had me and Jess. She's older than me by fifteen minutes; hell, I was technically the baby of the family until we adopted Lea and... and Thea, and Vio. I didn't grow up around babies, and yeah, I did a lot of babysitting, but I've never been the best older brother."

He sighed. "Listen, being an only child isn't going to mean sh*te. Not having a mum isn't going to mean sh*te. You've basically been Dani's big sister for a long time now and she loves you. Our kid will love you." He stared at her in horror as she claimed he didn't want to marry her and buried her face in her knees. Toby pulled her to him immediately, wrapping both arms around her. "Don't be an idiot. I do want to marry you. I'd marry you tomorrow if you wanted. Ronna, I love you, okay? I love you so much. You're beautiful. You have an amazing mind and your hair looks like freaking molten gold and you have killer legs and I hope our kid looks and acts nothing like me and everything like you." He whispered it to her, resting his chin on the crown of her head.

OOC:
mc2

And today is our turn.
Need that much, just...
Someone that starts the-

The Forgotten Weasley
Crew

Blessed Moonwalker

9,250 Points
  • WilyTrickster 50
  • The Wolf Within 100

mc2

Shameless Sex Symbol

21,090 Points
  • Deal Me In 50
  • Married 100
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Sat Dec 05, 2015 7:59 am
User Image
xVeronica Kissxxxxx
xxxx

Ronna frowned, but put her head on Toby's shoulder as he told her she needed to tell him things. Communication wasn't exactly one of her strong suits. It really wasn't for either of them. Both were fairly hot tempered and both hardheaded which made communicating things when they were bothering one of them difficult at the best of times. She looked up to Toby from his shoulder when he agreed on six months. Well agreed might be too strong of the word-reluctantly gave in to the idea would be more accurate.

As Toby swiftly disagreed with her assessment of her parenting skills she had to say she couldn't have been more thankful for Toby to disagree with her for once. It was comforting that Toby didn't think she was going to be a complete failure even if he was partially just saying it. She rolled her eyes as he said that they needed to take things as they came and said, "Toby at least you were trusted to watch children at one point in your life. Do you know how much experience with kids I have? It's pretty much limited to the few times I've said hi or end up complimenting Malcom's dress or something because it isn't like I know anything else to do with a kid. Hell, I don't even know proper bedtime stories... Dad used to read me legal cases and tell me cop and robber stories. Look how I turned out."

She began to scuff the toe of her boot on the floor again and said, "Yeah, but I'm Theo's big sister too if you use that argument and Theo like never listens to me. It's a miracle the moron-don't get me wrong I adore the kid- just it is amazing he hasn't gotten himself killed or fired from the hit wizard department... or maybe he finally started listening and just won't tell me he does."

As she came to the conclusion of Toby not wanting to marry her she felt him pull her to him and immediately began to counter. First by calling her an idiot. If she wasn't so busy crying and wasn't curled up she probably would have punched him for calling her that. She had just found out she was pregnant, she was pretty sure that allowed her to jump to as wild of conclusions as she wanted for a good hour or two. "Freaking molten gold?" She repeated him looking at him incredulous but couldn't help but smiling some. "And I seriously hope our kid doesn't act just like me. Do you remember what I was like when I was younger? I was even worse in primary at times. I broke a kid's nose. If our kid breaks someone's nose, you are talking to the school and the other parents about it, not me. Besides if we have a boy wouldn't he look better looking like you than me?" She smiled, "And your coloring is better than mine, 'molten gold' hair aside. I hate my freckles. Well I don't hate them anymore but I did when I was younger. I'm more neutral about them at this point. Our kid will probably be made fun of less without freckles. If the kid isn't made fun as much we are less likely to have to go to the school to deal with 'your son/daughter got into a fight... again'. How about a compromise the kid has my study habits, because I'm the smart one, but your sense of humor and patience." Toby wasn't the most patient human being but he was far more than her. He didn't hold grudges like she did either. Toby was the fun one and easy to get along with one and she was the serious studious one. Both were prone to arguing though so the kid was going to be screwed in that case no matter who he or she took after. Or worse Toby and her were going to be screwed. The kid's first word was going to be 'no', she could see it already.

The Forgotten Weasley

Quote:

Quote:

Private Homes

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items