Welcome to Gaia! ::

RP for Fantasy, Love, and Action

Back to Guilds

A fun place to role-play with Gaians of all ages and skill levels in a variety of genres 

Tags: Roleplaying, RPing, Fantasy, Romance, Action 

Reply U/C
"Non mihi, non tibi, sed nobis." (OOC) Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 ... 12 13 14 15 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Interested in joining this fantabulous roleplay?
  OH YEAH!!!!!
  OH NO!!!!!
  OH MAYBE!!!!!
View Results

Lord Sithious

Dangerous Businessman

7,700 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Wall Street 200
PostPosted: Tue Jun 02, 2015 3:53 am
Xelyn_X13
Heh, yeah. I couldn't seem to get the url link to work no matter how I tried. I don't know what's going on with that, usually it's so simple and works first time but for some reason it's not this time so I just said screw it and put in the spoiler and img.

xd Well, whatever works works for me!  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 02, 2015 3:59 am
It's 4:00 in the morning here, so I think I'm going to finally crash now. I'll work more on the profile tomorrow. Can't wait to see where this thing goes. ^__^  

Xelyn Craft

Anxious Trash

Lord Sithious

Dangerous Businessman

7,700 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Wall Street 200
PostPosted: Tue Jun 02, 2015 4:01 am
Xelyn_X13
It's 4:00 in the morning here, so I think I'm going to finally crash now. I'll work more on the profile tomorrow. Can't wait to see where this thing goes. ^__^

xd We're in the same time zone! It just turned 4 here too! But yeah, no worries I'll try and get more work done tomorrow too! I'm definitely interested in seeing where this goes too!  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 02, 2015 2:54 pm
Bump. xp  

Lord Sithious

Dangerous Businessman

7,700 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Wall Street 200

Lord Sithious

Dangerous Businessman

7,700 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Wall Street 200
PostPosted: Tue Jun 02, 2015 5:40 pm
So, plot consideration everyone! I'm debating the setting of the year currently. Originally I thought 2020's would be best, but I'm now thinking the 2030's to 2050's might be best. It's not too far removed from us time wise, but it would allow for somewhat more advanced technology. I'm not thinking flying cars or anything like that, but better robotics, handy gadgets for military and intelligence usage, cybernetics, etc. It'll be similar to iRobot, just a bit less advanced.

Please though, let me know your thoughts and debates on this!  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 02, 2015 5:55 pm
Lord Sithious
So, plot consideration everyone! I'm debating the setting of the year currently. Originally I thought 2020's would be best, but I'm now thinking the 2030's to 2050's might be best. It's not too far removed from us time wise, but it would allow for somewhat more advanced technology. I'm not thinking flying cars or anything like that, but better robotics, handy gadgets for military and intelligence usage, cybernetics, etc. It'll be similar to iRobot, just a bit less advanced.

I loved Irobot's technology levels and integration of it (if we're talkin will smith movie Irobot and not the isaac asimov collection of stories...). Totally up for that kind of technology!  

Phoenix347

Angelic Scrounger

5,875 Points
  • Skill Up 50
  • Vanquished Angel 50
  • Waffles! 25

Lord Sithious

Dangerous Businessman

7,700 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Wall Street 200
PostPosted: Tue Jun 02, 2015 6:16 pm
Phoenix347
Lord Sithious

I loved Irobot's technology levels and integration of it (if we're talkin will smith movie Irobot and not the isaac asimov collection of stories...). Totally up for that kind of technology!

Yeah, the Smith movie. xd Respect for Asimov, but he was a product of the time, so ended up looking more "Atompunk" than what I'm going for. I don't want technology to be super advanced, but I do want advanced tech so it will allow for more directions the story can go in. This will be especially handy for hackers, assassins, and other characters who will need to use technology to their benefit. It also means certain kinds of weaponry (that I won't go into details on so as not to spoil anything) will be more likely to exist at this point. And of course, on the note of weaponry, it means some of the factions involved (Russia and China as two examples) will not only have more advanced weaponry, more on par with America, but they'll also have a greater quantity of it, on top of a larger army (this is especially accurate for China given their real world military trends).  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 02, 2015 7:37 pm
So, added a bit more to the profile I made, maybe a bit too much. XD Let me know what you all think (if you think anything), it might be a good idea to slim it down a bit. xp  

Lord Sithious

Dangerous Businessman

7,700 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Wall Street 200

Lord Sithious

Dangerous Businessman

7,700 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Wall Street 200
PostPosted: Tue Jun 02, 2015 10:52 pm
Bump. Also, I'm offering $1 billion to whoever kills Superman! *I'm paraphrasing a movie here, I won't actually do that*  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2015 12:01 am
User Image
Username: The_Sane_Hatter
Name: Greg Kozlowski
Race/Nationality/Species: American born to Scottish and Polish parents. Human.
Orientation: Straight
Personality: Greg's a bit of an oddity amongst those few left in his line of work. He holds his honor and professional reputation above all else, which he relies on in order to make sales. He's not exactly a people person, or a convincing liar. He's a bit stubborn once he's set his mind on something, and could be described as mentally unhinged. His patience wears thin rather quickly, and he's been known to snap on occasion. Terrible sense of humor.
Rank: Former contractor for the U.S. Government, currently head of a less-than-legal export company.
Occupation: Arms, Armour, Logistics, Manpower, and Information Supplier. He's had to diversify in recent years.
Education: Two engineering degrees, and a whole bunch of hands-on experience with weapons and their respective manuals. Picked up combat advice from the military groups he's worked with.

Factions: Though he's made friends among various militias and rebel groups, he's not well-liked in respectable circles.

Religion/Philosophy: Non-religious. Greg believes armed revolution to be a right, and obligation, of men. A government is more likely to listen to the demands of a population of well-armed citizens than to those of a population armed solely with votes and strongly-worded letters.
Political Ideals: Greg went into the arms business for a few reasons. He felt guilty helping the United States and other countries expand upon their preexisting advanced arsenals, and wanted to do something to put more power in the hands of the people, in an attempt to balance the scales. A staunch advocate for personal freedoms above all else, he couldn't care less about what people believe in or do in their own homes. If they want to try and push their beliefs on others, then the other side should become equally as armed.

Biography: Born to a mechanic and an accountant in the American Midwest, Greg could be described as adequately middle-class. He hung around his father's workplace as a kid, learning how things worked, and how to keep them working. Living in peaceful America, he'd only catch snippets of the state of the world from whatever was on currently bothering the news enough for them to report on. He never really invested himself in politics or world affairs, so it came as a bit of a surprise when he set his mind to developing tech for the military. Perhaps he wanted to keep things the way they were, peaceful. And for a while after college, that's how his mind was, peaceful. But the longer he worked with the military, the more he realized what a one-sided fight the world had become. Practically using the nuclear option on cavemen, from a technological logistics viewpoint. Crushing armed revolutions in the name of peace and order, despite the United States being birthed from such a revolution itself. The disconnect between ideals and reality grew too large for Greg to handle, and in a sense, it broke something inside him. In an effort to try and tip the scales back to an equal point, he betrayed the government, stole plans and secrets, and went rogue, selling them to various groups around the globe. Over the past few years, he's made his way around the globe, establishing connections, transporting goods, scraping together tech from various superpowers, and backing the insurgent sides of various conflicts. He sleeps better at night.
Skills: Manning, manufacturing, and maintaining weapons and weapons systems. Avoiding arrest and capture. Acquiring things he shouldn't. Can defend himself if need be.

Transportation: Shipping is vital to supplying arms, and as a result he's aquired quite a few contacts in various fields of transport. Be it by land, sea, or air, Greg will find a way to ship it there.
Home: Though his profession requires him to move about quite a bit, his base of operations is located in Central Asia.

Likes: Well-maintained equipment, arms and armor, quiet countrysides, small towns, the ever-advancing state of technology, personal freedoms.
Dislikes: Government types, peace-lovin' hippies, backstabbing snakes, the color blue, people who have no idea what they're doing handling things they shouldn't, corporations sticking their fingers where they don't belong.

Weapons: Though he has access to a wide array of weapons, Greg has a personal fondness for a Pernach automatic pistol and OTS-14 GROZA with an underslung grenade launcher he picked up in Eastern Europe a while back.
Clothing: Greg tends to avoid armor, and stick with his trusty jacket. Due to lack of proper facilities in some of the locations he sticks around in for work, he tends to wear the same clothes for extended periods of time.

Theme Song: The Glitch Mob - Fortune Days

I have the feeling Greg's going to be hard-pressed for clients seeing as a certain PMC group has been cleaning house. I also have the feeling I should have made something more politician-y.

I'm also not done but it's two in the morning and it's getting hard to think.  

The_Sane_Hatter

Wheezing Shade

8,200 Points
  • Marathon 300
  • Millionaire 200
  • Partygoer 500

Lord Sithious

Dangerous Businessman

7,700 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Wall Street 200
PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2015 1:16 am
The_Sane_Hatter
User Image
Username: The_Sane_Hatter
Name: Greg Kozlowski
Race/Nationality/Species: American born to Scottish and Polish parents. Human.
Orientation: Straight
Personality: Greg's a bit of an oddity amongst those few left in his line of work. He holds his honor and professional reputation above all else, which he relies on in order to make sales. He's not exactly a people person, or a convincing liar. He's a bit stubborn once he's set his mind on something, and though usually calm and collected, he has been known to snap on occasion. Terrible sense of humor.
Rank: Former contractor for the U.S. Government, currently head of a less-than-legal export company.
Occupation: Arms, Armour, Logistics, Manpower, and Information Supplier. He's had to diversify in recent years.
Education:

Factions: Though he's made friends among various militias and rebel groups, he's not well-liked in respectable circles.

Religion/Philosophy: Non-religious. Greg believes armed revolution to be a right, and obligation, of men. A government is more likely to listen to the demands of a population of well-armed citizens than to those of a population armed solely with votes and strongly-worded letters.
Political Ideals: (This covers a lack of them as well. It also covers your feelings towards whatever nation or political group you support, which means this is where you can talk about your character's nationalism, or lack of it.)

Biography:

Skills: Manning, manufacturing, and maintaining weapons and weapons systems. Avoiding arrest and capture. Acquiring things he shouldn't. Can defend himself if need be.

Transportation: (trains, planes and automobiles. If you're higher up like a politician or something, this opens up more doors to what's available to you.)
Home: Though his profession requires him to move about quite a bit, his base of operations is located in Central Asia.

Weapons:
Clothing: (Don't want to spoil too much, but armor might be included in this as well.
Powers: (We'll have to discuss this more.)

Theme Song:

I have the feeling Greg's going to be hard-pressed for clients seeing as a certain PMC group has been cleaning house. I also have the feeling I should have made something more politician-y.

I'm also not done but it's two in the morning and it's getting hard to think.

Actually, given that Britannia PMC is pretty picky about who they work for, there are job opportunities that Greg could make specific use of, but they might not all be the most morally commendable. xd Of course, not all nations can be fully supported by this PMC, so it's totally possible for more than one PMC or mercenary group to sell their services to a common buyer. If you want to make a politician as well, feel free too, but just know that you're not obligated to do it either! I didn't expect anyone would even want to play politicians, so it's a bit of a surprise to me. xd But I will accept politicians of course, makes things more interesting!

No worries, it's a brilliant start! I'm looking forward to seeing more of it, and I'm looking forward to working with you again! 3nodding  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2015 4:42 am
So, basically thinking the Gundam Wing soundtrack may become this roleplay's official soundtrack. blaugh Speaking of that...

Mechs folks. Yay or nay? I'm relatively neutral on it, I just LOVE the look of the Leo Mobile Suits!  

Lord Sithious

Dangerous Businessman

7,700 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Wall Street 200

Lord Sithious

Dangerous Businessman

7,700 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Wall Street 200
PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2015 6:15 pm
I know this is off topic, but one of the most important events in modern history has just happened!!!!!!!!!!!!!

FALLOUT 4 WAS ANNOUNCED!!!!!!!!!

Now to go rob a bank! It's about time I got around to buying a proper gaming PC! xd  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2015 6:48 pm
Lord Sithious
So, basically thinking the Gundam Wing soundtrack may become this roleplay's official soundtrack. blaugh Speaking of that...

Mechs folks. Yay or nay? I'm relatively neutral on it, I just LOVE the look of the Leo Mobile Suits!

Yes. Just, YES. I feel sorry for Leos who were victims of the stock-footage replays... *plays the soundtrack anyways*

Lord Sithious
I know this is off topic, but one of the most important events in modern history has just happened!!!!!!!!!!!!!

FALLOUT 4 WAS ANNOUNCED!!!!!!!!!

Now to go rob a bank! It's about time I got around to buying a proper gaming PC! xd

AND ALSO YES. Finally I don't have to worry about legionaries or walking across an open desert. (Fallout 3 won't play on steam)  

Phoenix347

Angelic Scrounger

5,875 Points
  • Skill Up 50
  • Vanquished Angel 50
  • Waffles! 25
U/C

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 ... 12 13 14 15 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers