Welcome to Gaia! ::

RP for Fantasy, Love, and Action

Back to Guilds

A fun place to role-play with Gaians of all ages and skill levels in a variety of genres 

Tags: Roleplaying, RPing, Fantasy, Romance, Action 

Reply ~The Group Hangout~ [Multiplayer Roleplays]
Non mihi, non tibi, sed nobis. (Open and Accepting!) Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 ... 11 12 13 14 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

WildWestMustang

Dapper Hunter

PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2015 6:39 pm
The sounds of the T.V. of Andrei's apartment. The channel was set to the world news detailing various events that occurred throughout the week ending on a broadcast of Vince Roberts speech. He scoffed at his call for peace "Every man for themselves chuvak." He shut the T.V. off and put on the stereo, Andrei often wondered how men like Roberts can talk of peace while achieving it through the use of his Ironmen. His thoughts were interrupted by his phone ringing he answered and was greeted by his boss's assistant, requesting his presence as soon as possible. "I'll be there in a bit" he hung up and quickly gathered his things and headed out the door.

Andrei drove through the city he watched protesters take the streets denouncing The Union and calling for Russia to be liberated, something Andrei felt strongly about as well though he couldn't see it happening any time soon. Continuing on he closed in on his Boss's building and parked out front. He walked up to the entrance and knocked. "Password!" a voice called from the other side "Open the door Ivan, or don't you remember the last time you kept me waiting?" after a brief pause the lock clicked and the door opened "You're no fun Andrei" Ivan said with a sigh "The boss is waiting for upstairs." Andrei walked through the compound and met up with his boss "You wanted to see me sir" Andrei asked "I've got some product coming in by ship, I want you meet up with my men at the docks and make sure everything is in order and it gets here" His boss said "I'll get it done" Andrei responded "Make sure you do" The boss said sternly.  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2015 7:47 pm
Julia was sitting down in the crowd watching the debate. She found it all rather boring and the only reason she came was to get a chance to talk to Vincent. She knew the chances were not very likely but there was something she wanted to discuss with him. The people next to her were abuzz with discussion about the debate. Julia sighed and reached under her chair and pulled out a paper sack. Inside was a large stash of snacks. If she had to be bored she would be bored but satiated. It was not that she didn't support the NSCP, it was just that she was a scientist. She left politics to the politicians.  

loth17

Unforgiving Warlord

Yue Belmont

PostPosted: Fri Jun 12, 2015 12:01 am
Coughing, Snow sat on the edge of his seat, waiting for Ana's sweet voice to let him know who she had been able to contact. Thought it seemed like Snow was an a** to her, he actually cared for the poor girl. He had employed her when she was fifteen, right when he had started his company. Then, she was just a skinny little girl, begging for money and a place to sleep but now? She was making more than any employee in under Snow's regime as well as living in Snow's complex. She paid for her own food, utilities, etc. but, Snow took care of what she could not.

"Mr. Kaylen, er.. Snow. Leila's on the phone." Nodding, Snow waved Ana away just like before, though he was nicer about it this time. Leila was the founder of Annapharm Corp, a business which specialized in finding the cures for different diseases worldwide. She was beautiful as well as one of the most successful women in the country, feminine and intelligent.

"Ah, Leila. I appreciate you answering at this time. I needed to talk to you about an... Issue I'm having with the Chinese ambassador." Snow grimaced at the thought of it, shipping children to another place.. How scared they must be, just like he was. "He's sent me a shipment of three hundred children from the capital city as well as a few Japanese immigrants he found in the orphanage. I told him that this wasn't what Kaylen Corp. was about but the man insisted. And typically, I would go to Roberts about this type of thing but I would rather try a peaceful approach than start a war with China." Coughing once more, Snow paused as he thought about how to word his question. He didn't want to sound like a pompous a** as he most often did; he was completely aware of the fact that Leila believed him to be a cold hearted ********, but he wish she wasn't. He wanted someone besides his assistant to understand him, but in the world of business, secret phone calls and murders, there was no room for understanding. "I was wondering if you could have a word with him, work your magic. I already have Germany, Russia & Africa breathing down my neck, and now this. I'm going to take the kids in, obviously but I think I'm gonna go to work on finding them homes instead of training them.. They've been through enough."

PostPosted: Fri Jun 12, 2015 12:59 am
||Akuro Spade||
||Location; Paris, France||
||Company; Guards & ICS Representative||
||OOC; So Snow's taking in/moving children shipped from china/japan, along with dealing with international politics? Is the man a saint in human form mixed with captain america superformula with Einstein-genius formula fed to him? I like to find flaws in characters but I'm not seeing any so far with this guy...||

The Opera was completed, and along with the rest of the audience, Akuro gave a standing ovation. Akuro watched through the second half without interruption, exactly how he liked it. As the curtains were drawn on the actors, the man began to leave the box seat, his guards following behind. "Sir, we thought it wasn't best to mention Vincent Robert's speech." The man handed a phone, showing the speech. The glory of the internet, where you can find any video you wanted! The man gave a speech on how humanity should help each other, a quote from Hitler and his crimes. Akuro just laughed to himself before handing the phone back.

"That man is too much of an optimist. Hitler may have killed 11 million, but everyone supported his clearence of his own religious people. At least Stalin did it quietly. The man owns PMCs for crying out loud! For a man pushing for humanity to pull itself together, he really needs to look back on what he's done himself. You used to be a part of his company right John?" Whenever Robert's subsidiary companies fired their employees, the Union was quick to pick them up before others could. Akuro had a select batch from the campaign against the ICS. Roberts was one of the Union's greatest concerns, but he was always seen as just some prideful optimist by Akuro.

"Maybe I should call a meeting... Although there's not much to press on... Perhaps we should visit Russia, see how our lovely activists are doing. Maybe offer them some of Khador's new rifles..." Akuro was thinking out loud, a bad habit he picked up after dealing with the rest of the Union's conferences. He pulled out his own disposable cell phones and dialed up his current pilot. "Chana? Yes, I think I'm going to prefer some lovely authentic Russian Vodka. Would you be a dear and prep the plane? I'll be there within the hour. Make that half hour, also could you have a dinner prepared? I'll pick up the wine." He closed the phone upon her confirmation and flung on his coat, before stepping into the townscar to take him to the airport.

Phoenix347

Angelic Scrounger

5,875 Points
  • Skill Up 50
  • Vanquished Angel 50
  • Waffles! 25

Lord Sithious

Dangerous Businessman

7,700 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Wall Street 200
PostPosted: Fri Jun 12, 2015 1:33 am
Phoenix347

Xelyn_X13

The_Sane_Hatter

irigan kitsune

Lord Sithious

xlKoralx

SixSteelStrings

Yue Belmont

Mister Winchester

Vincent looked up from the floor to see some of his staff members approaching him and smiled. Ready to whisk him off to his next matter of business it seemed. He got up and followed them, sort of half paying attention as they congratulated him on the speech and went on talking amongst themselves about the debates. He was a little surprised Fox News could actually spark debate, but he had been meaning to try changing the minds of some of their viewers, and this seemed like the debate to use. They started passing through a coffee lounge and Vincent stopped everyone for a moment so he could watch the debate. It looked like it would be over shortly.

O'Leary: Look Mr. Fairview, here's the bottom line: the rich already pay an arm and a leg in taxes! We've done our part to make the world a better place, yet you're asking for more? I mean, will this end, or will this end with Communism?

Fairview: Hank, I don't think you get that every year, the rich, particularly multi-billion dollar tech and energy companies, save billions of dollars from begin taxed by funneling their money through other "companies" in tax havens. This has been going on since the 2010's, when companies like google could save almost $10 billion a year! How many lives could that have saved? And now that the US population is at 400 million, do you know how many of your own poor have no health care? Somewhere between 60 and 80 million people! Do you know how many people have no access to health care in Germany, or France? Zero! No citizens of those nations are without health care! The standards of living in Europe FAR exceed the standards of America, and how did it get that way? Taxes! The rich and wealthy haven't done their part to do good, they've done their part to get tax breaks! Things can't improve globally till we make a unified, organized, and thorough effort to change things!

O'Leary: Alright, fine, let's pretend you're right for a second. Do you really think you're going to solve this problem completely, ever? Do you think you're ever going to make the world a perfect place? Because with all the problems in the world, I don't see that as possible.

Fairview. You're right Hank, those things are far from easy to achieve. Maybe they can't even be achieved. But Vincent's point isn't to make the world a perfect place, it's to try and do that. Even if we can't make the world perfect, we can make it better, and Vincent Roberts and the NSCP all believe that's worth it. Yes, there will always be more problems coming up in the world, but we think we're ready to face them, just as Mr. Roberts always has; head on.

*There is a small pause in talking as O'Leary reads something from the prompter.*

O'Leary: Thank you for this discussion Mr. Fairview, but I'm afraid we'll have to talk more about this another day. Breaking news folks, the UN has just made a DEMAND that Vincent Roberts, who we were just talking about, appear before the UN immediately, before the end of this week in fact. Details haven't been given about the summoning, but it seems they may actually consider sanctions against him if he does not!

Just as Vincent was thinking about how well Fairview had done on there, this got thrown at him. Of course, at all the times they could have chosen to do this, they chose now. 'Charlatans', he thought to himself. The men and women in the room all looked at him, unsure what to say, waiting for him to give some kind of order. On the outside, he looked calm, collected, even unaffected from what he heard. On the inside however, he was tripping all over himself from the mess he had thrown at him.

Finally, Vincent sighed and spoke. "Change of plans everyone. Inform those I was supposed to be meeting to continue on without me." Another man stepped forward to talk. "But sir, are you sure that would be wise? It seemed like this was a matter you should handle personally." Vincent shook his head. "This must take precedence. They know what to do without me, let them know to get to work. As for me...Well, it seems to be time for Caesar to address the Senate." He smirked a little as they continued out of te building.

Once he was outside, he was greeted by a huge crowd of people, a lot shouted so he could hardly make out what they were saying, but it seemed they were asking about the UN summoning. "Someone must have tattled on me for not sharing my toys!" He shouted so the crowd could hear him. Grinning somewhat playfully at them, he continued his way towards a Mercedes Maybach, kind of a company vehicle he used to get between things, now mostly for political events.

"Let's get to Heathrow, and get the private jet." He said to one of his assistants. "Sir, the jet isn't fueled, it'll take a few hours before we can go." Vincent seemed a little annoyed. "Just book me a flight at the airport then, we need to leave immediately." The assistant nodded as he go to work on the flight over his cellphone. "By the way sir," the assistant continued. "You got a call from a Mr. Kaylen I believe? He says it's urgent." Vincent thought over the name, recognizing it, but not sure how it connected. He's seen so many people in the past few months, it'd almost be easy for him to forget he had a mother.

Finally he remembered though. "The child genius, owns his own cybernetics company? Get back to them and ask them to call me back again tomorrow perhaps. I don't mind talking to him, but I'm sure he'll know what's keeping me busy." He smirked slightly at the last bit. Vincent looked through the crowd for a moment and spied a lady he swore he recognized. A scientist perhaps? He wasn't quite sure, but he was almost sure he did.

(OOC: That's a queue for you to walk over Loth. razz )  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 12, 2015 1:38 am
Phoenix347
OOC; So Snow's taking in/moving children shipped from china/japan, along with dealing with international politics? Is the man a saint in human form mixed with captain america superformula with Einstein-genius formula fed to him? I like to find flaws in characters but I'm not seeing any so far with this guy...

(OOC: I think it's more that he's been forced into it. He's going to have kids shipped to him, one way or another, he's just trying to find a way to deal with it. Though I think we should all have flaws, it's worth noting that it's still early on in the RP, and sometimes it can also be pretty hard to make/find flaws with all characters. I don't expect people to be perfect or terrible in the roleplay, but definitely human (in terms of how they handle things. xP). We all make mistakes, or decisions that have consequences, I hope everyone is able to make that happen in their own way.)  

Lord Sithious

Dangerous Businessman

7,700 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Wall Street 200

irigan kitsune

Gracious Lunatic

PostPosted: Fri Jun 12, 2015 2:16 am
To say that she was a little annoyed was an understatement but she sighed. Snow got her where it hurt and she always had a weak spot for kids. No matter the age. She didn't expect this but she might as well try. "An issue, Snow? Talk about a huge issue. How many countries have I talked to in the last month? Annar cannot be involved too much in the politics of others. It can put us in danger..." she answered as her assistant Sasha walk in turning on the TV. She rolled her eyes at the mention of Roberts though Snow couldn't see her. "Roberts? According to what I'm seeing he's going to the UN, but I'll see what I can do. I'll call you in 30 minutes." she answered before hanging up. She rubbed her head and then shook it for a few minutes getting out her separate cell phone and started calling.

After a brief greeting, Leila got to work on the Chinese Ambassador. "Yes. Mhm...of course it's a pleasure working with the Chinese government. I wonder. I heard a very nasty rumor...you're not...shipping children...are you?" she asked with a fake shocked tone.

"N-No Ms. Leila! W-We won't ever! Children are precious here. I can assure you that all the children are safe." the ambassador answered hearing her shocked tone. Leila mentally sighed but pushed forward. It seemed being a damsel in distress would work in this situation. "Oh that's wonderful! I have been working on that cure for the kids who got sick from the last earthquake that hit China. I wouldn't want to...oh you know...lose it. Especially, since it is contagious." she said cheerfully as Sasha watched her. Her assistant got wind of her conversation and showed her a file letting Leila read it with a frown. "Now let's cut to the chase. I know you're lying, Mr. Li. So here's what you're going to do. You're going to stop sending innocent kids to whatever company or country you're selling them to and you're going to take care of them. I find out something like this again, and I'll make sure you fall. And I don't think you want a few countries working against you right? I'm quite aware of how China deals with their shameful mistakes." she said calmly looking at the file.

The ambassador stuttered for a few moments.. "N-No, Ms. Leila. I'll stop with the kids. I swear." Leila looked to Sasha and made motion that she seemed to understand. "Very well. I would be quite disappointed if I heard such news again. Farewell, Mr. Li." she said and hung up her phone. She rubbed her head trying to ease her headache before looking back at Sasha.

"Ready?" Leila asked as her assistant nodded. "All right prepare for us to go see Snow." she ordered calling the said genius.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 12, 2015 2:29 am
Julia looked over at Vincent and gave him a small smile. "Finally." She said quiet enough to not be heard over the crowd. "Mr. Roberts." She said in a cheerful tone as she waded through the crowd. "Excuse me, out of the way please, I have a taser." She said as she finally made her way to Vincent. "My name is Julia Mengele no relation." Julia extended her left hand to shake.  

loth17

Unforgiving Warlord

Lord Sithious

Dangerous Businessman

7,700 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Wall Street 200
PostPosted: Fri Jun 12, 2015 3:03 am
Vincent was a little shocked (no pun intended) by the woman approaching him, what with the taser remark and all. He met her hand with his own though and shook, though he felt a little awkward as he usually used his right hand. As she gave her name, he started to remember who she was.

"Ah, Ms. Mengele! I'm so sorry I didn't recognize you at once! You'll have to jog my memory a bit, as my mind has been in a million places lately, but is it not some of your cybernetic blueprints helping to keep our knights in shining armor moving so smoothly? Can't tell you how much of a boon you've been to us! How can I help you today?"

PostPosted: Fri Jun 12, 2015 3:08 am
Julia kept her smile up either unaware or uncaring twords how she might be unsettling Vincent. "Please just Julia. Mengele has some...Negative connotations." Julia said with a smile. "And it is your knights in shining armor of which I desire to speak. If we could go somewhere more private?" Julia looked around at the crowd.  

loth17

Unforgiving Warlord

Lord Sithious

Dangerous Businessman

7,700 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Wall Street 200
PostPosted: Fri Jun 12, 2015 3:16 am
Vincent nodded slightly, making an awkward half smile about the name. She definitely had a point, it was not exactly a last name synonymous with good things. At her next point, he looked towards the car, and mentally approved the idea he had to himself. "As it just so happens Julia, I'm on my way to Heathrow. If you'd like, we cold take you in the limo, drop you off during the drive. And if you need serious privacy to talk about this, my assistants will be more than happy to leave us be." He signaled his hand over to the Maybach, to let her have a moment to consider the option. Vincent had few other time saving options at the moment of course, but he felt it rude not to negotiate such small terms for someone who needed to discuss private business.  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 12, 2015 3:20 am
"It need not be serious privacy. I just don't want a crowd to be following our every word." Julia explained. She began to slowly walk twords the car. "Mr. Roberts you know exactly what the United Nations wants from you correct?"  

loth17

Unforgiving Warlord

Lord Sithious

Dangerous Businessman

7,700 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Wall Street 200
PostPosted: Fri Jun 12, 2015 3:31 am
Vincent nodded, agreeing that crowds are far from optimal for his business. He nodded to his assistants to continue with him while he went to the car with Julia. As she mentioned the UN, he thought to himself for a moment, opening the car door and allowing her in first, and then entering next. Once they were all inside and the car started to drive, he answered her question.

"Quite a lot I suspect. My weapons for one, probably that I disband my PMC or that I start obeying their laws, such as not invading countries without their permission, and perhaps they even want to put me on trial for 'war crimes'. As if Rwanda and every other genocide they ignored wasn't bad enough, they think trying to end them is a crime? I'd laugh, but it's far more sad and embarrassing than it is funny. But that's enough of my ranting. What is it about the UN summoning that has got you interested in talking with me?"

PostPosted: Fri Jun 12, 2015 3:40 am
"Two things." Julia said as she crossed her legs. "The first is a request and the second is a suggestion." Julia was taking a small pleasure in dragging things on longer than they need to. "I would like one of your knights in shining armor as you put it. With the UN summons and the prolific knowledge about your knights it won't be long before both cheep knockoffs and anti knight weapons begin to appear in numbers. I would like to take one back to my lab and begin to devise anti armor versions and anti countermeasure versions." Julia explained as she took an odd amount of interest in her own hand. "We have come to a point where technology expands at such a rapid pace that a single month can destroy every advantage." Julia removed her own cybernetic arm and began to inspect it more thoroughly. "Second the advice. Do not show up to the summons. If you do they will try to bring you down just as if you had never shown up at all. By not showing up you deny them the legitimacy they desperately need to remain in power."  

loth17

Unforgiving Warlord

Lord Sithious

Dangerous Businessman

7,700 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Wall Street 200
PostPosted: Fri Jun 12, 2015 4:02 am
loth17

Vincent felt nervous about her request to say the very least. The suits were basically his babies. True, he had had very little involvement in much of the design, but he brought together some of the most brilliant minds he could to put them together, handing it to someone else felt like handing over a child. Still, he knew that they would need upgrading very soon.

"As it just so happens, we've been working a bit on designing the armor to be even stronger, but... Well, I admit that I am a little concerned our own efforts won't be enough. There are some secrets we're hiding very well too about these tools, to avoid people finding out about some of our hidden advantages, but you might be able to help us in getting these things to work better. I'll let you have a suit then, perhaps even a newer model if I can spare it. I trust you understand how important it is to me that we keep this strictly in your possession or my company's. No one else can be able to even touch these suits. Now as for your advice..."

Vincent sat rather quietly for a moment, giving what Julia said some deep consideration. "I greatly appreciate your advice, but this has been something that's been building up for a long time. I could refuse to go, but the truth is, I've more or less known this would happen since my first year in university. I didn't make the choices I made by mistake. What I've done was done with purpose. They've called me there because they expected to burn a witch. But I intend to burn do their village instead... Metaphorically speaking of course." He smiled slightly at that note.

"I don't intend to go unarmed either." Vincent said with a sly smile, looking over to one of the men in the car. "Charles, you know what to do. Any idea of a time frame?" The slightly balding, but well built older man scratched his chin with a bit of a smile. "Probably a day and a half sir. You'll arrive before things are ready, so I suggest biding your time. Try shopping or seeing the sights." Charles grinned to himself as he tried to imagine Roberts on the statue of Liberty. Vincent looked back to Julia. "I'm sorry for all the cloak and dagger, but right now, I'd wager I've got more intelligence and secrets I have to manage than the NSA. Well, maybe not quite that much, but I'm not invading people's personal lives exactly now am I?" He smirked a bit.

"That said, I appreciate your thoughts. However, I think it will be more in my favor to go. So with that in mind, do you have any other kind of advice to give me? Or perhaps some 'kind words' for the Inquisitors?"

~The Group Hangout~ [Multiplayer Roleplays]

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 ... 11 12 13 14 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff