Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Gwennythe
Crew

Feral Nerd

PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2015 7:02 pm
Night Shade... A move that caused both a frightening image and inflicted quite a bit of damage... Neph was hit by it, but as much as it must have taken out of her, she seemed unfazed, perhaps even enjoyed, the 'frightening image' part of the move.
<>
She sent her own Night Shade attack toward Spins.

"Mhm. Neph has definitely been... useful. She was as a Spinarak too, though a lot more unpredictable then, being so small. Um, with Spider Web though, she's become even more versatile. It doesn't really affect her normal thread production, and she can string up barriers and traps, immobilize hostile trainers, and anchor pokémon in an area for aid in catching... Hard to escape a battle when you're, um, covered in webs, after all. I suppose I'll have to evolve my Jubilee to Galvantula at some point too... She's just so cute as a Joltik though..."  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 02, 2015 3:12 pm
Spins managed to get the netting off as Neph was distracted and braced himself as the move it hard and bristled more in anger then in fear. <> He replied and moved forward, striking in a Sucker Punch.

"I think all Joltiks are adorable, just something about the fuzzy itybittiness of that Pokemon line. My Sunspot, he black though, pure black and well, I'm hoping evolving him will get some colors in him and make him less noticeable." Lex trailed off, watching the spider battle for a moment. "Though I think he always is going to be notable."  

Shaddaling

Wrathful Shapeshifter

Gwennythe
Crew

Feral Nerd

PostPosted: Thu Jul 02, 2015 3:49 pm
"Well... Black /can/ be a useful stealth colour, but, um, yes... I imagine he'll get a little more colourful as a Galvantula. They do tend to... Joltiks are so adorable though... Jubilee's, um, shiny, so she has a purple colour. Evolving her... Evolving her would lose that, but I suppose I do have to think more about her place on my team than her cosmetic appeal..."

<> Neph sounded... delighted, even as she recoiled from the blow, and rolled to right herself back upright after an awkward landing. <> She aimed another lot of webbing toward Spins, half remembering that she was supposed to be 'teaching' how to do that, before scuttling toward one of the walls.  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 02, 2015 4:19 pm
"Less noticeable to police, he was with me during a training session that I sort of misunderstood the elite training it." In more ways then one. "That sounds adorable and cosmetic can have a place if you are planning to have her distract people by being adorable."

Spins settled himself, legs carefully set as he took Neph in carefully and as the webbing went his way, he responded with Protect. He carefully looked over the web shape before it puddled before him and jumped over it. <>  

Shaddaling

Wrathful Shapeshifter

Gwennythe
Crew

Feral Nerd

PostPosted: Thu Jul 02, 2015 4:34 pm
"Oh? And, huh... Yes, that's, um, a good point. I don't often have a lot of distraction heavy missions anymore, but well... 'Ready for anything', right? It's a good point."

She kept an eye on the battle and widened her eyes, grinning appreciatively as she watched what Spins did.
"Oh! /Nice/ strategy. You've got a smart spider..." Tambrey grinned.

<> Neph responded, clearly enjoying herself, before she suddenly shot a Poison Sting from her position on the wall.  
Shaddaling generated a random number between 1 and 100 ... 77!
PostPosted: Thu Jul 02, 2015 4:46 pm
(1 -30 poisoned / 31-100 not)

"I will admit I am bias on the Dratini line and ever stoned my Dragonair to keep the sleek look despite the lost in power," Lex admitted and smiled slightly. "He is, bird eating fiend aside, he does work on proving himself."

Spins hissed, getting knocked over by the Poison sting and skidding slightly before finding his feet and responded with a Shadow sneak.  

Shaddaling

Wrathful Shapeshifter

Gwennythe
Crew

Feral Nerd

PostPosted: Thu Jul 02, 2015 5:01 pm
"Oh... Dragonair is gorgeous." Tambrey agreed "Though, I don't particularly dislike Dragonite, but I can't deny that Dragonair is, um, far more appealing."

She nodded, watching the spiders, and was somewhat surprised when Neph's poison sting seemed to pack quite a punch. It wasn't a move /she/ used with Neph all that often, though she understood why Neph would like it... Still, she supposed she should look into that after all...

The Shadow Sneak knocked Neph from her wall perch, and, perhaps out of reflex, spite, or just because she knew the move too, the spider decided to retaliate with the same move once she got back to her feet, a little more wobbly than she'd been before.  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 02, 2015 6:34 pm
"Very, I never figured out a good reason for either the color change or the shape of Dragonair into Dragonite." It was fat. And Yellow.

Spins shook out his legs, flexing them and shifted, stretching and attempted Spider web, managing just a whole lot of sticky thread in no discernible shape. He bristled as Shadow Sneak knocked him over and picked himself up.  

Shaddaling

Wrathful Shapeshifter

Gwennythe
Crew

Feral Nerd

PostPosted: Thu Jul 02, 2015 8:04 pm
"It is a rather drastic change." Tambrey admitted "I've never spent a detailed time studying the genome of the species, or much any dragon really, but often there's really just nothing to, um, indicate the why of anything... Often it's just a random thing that stuck..." She watched Spin's effort with a hmm, and gave a short gesture and head nod toward her spider in the field, silent but meaningful.

<> Neph admitted, and, as she didn't want the games to end yet, and was enjoying herself, she obeyed, attacking with another Spider Web for the sake of it, simply to show Spin's again the shape and consistency.  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 03, 2015 3:33 pm
"Magikarp to Gyarados is another extreme change." Lex glanced at Tambrey and then turned back watching. "Though it is also interesting that such a plain stone can keep them from evolving."

Spins puffed up slightly as more spiderweb splattered against him sticking him to the floor. <> He muttered, cleaning himself with his back legs to push it aside.  

Shaddaling

Wrathful Shapeshifter

Gwennythe
Crew

Feral Nerd

PostPosted: Fri Jul 03, 2015 3:51 pm
"Mmhm. Well, we know for sure that the evolutionary mechanism is tied to something within their DNA... Stone evolutions tend to be predictable mutations within the genome, so, um, I suppose, somehow, the radiation of that stone is, well, uh, capable of the opposite... It prevents further mutation in some way..."

And back to some real play now she'd done her duty of showing off her threads a little more!
Neph chittered happily and went for Shadow Sneak.  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 05, 2015 2:30 pm
"True, it is just odd that something so simple causes such changes." Lex looked over the battle noticing that Spins seemed to be irritated and paused focusing on the fight.

Spins gave a displeased noised as he was battered by the Shadow Sneak and giving an slow grunt scurried at Neph and launched himself into a Sucker Punch.  

Shaddaling

Wrathful Shapeshifter

Gwennythe
Crew

Feral Nerd

PostPosted: Sun Jul 05, 2015 2:56 pm
"Simple on the surface," Tambrey agreed with a nod "but at a molecular level, interactions are hardly ever simple... And with a lot of, um, stuff that affects pokémon, nearly impossible to understand sometimes... Sometimes I feel I'm dabbling in, um, quantum physics as much as I'm studying pokémon..." She half-joked.

Neph seemed to be expecting the Sucker Punch this time, and braced herself to take it, before snickering at the other spider.
<< My, my, you almost seem angry...>> Still, he /was/ a fun opponent; it was nice to find a match in another Spider 'mon.
Instead of another proper attack, she couldn't resist aiming a Spider Web thread directly at his face.
<< I'm supposed to be teaching you... So have a clooosssser look!>>  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 05, 2015 4:47 pm
"And we are always learning something new. Some new pokemon or typing or even moves." Lex paused and motioned. "One moment, Spins! Don't get angry, cause you do stupid s**t when you are angry."

Spins gave an unhappy noise and responded in frustration with a Spider Web right back at Neph before trying to frantically clean himself. Not formed well, but clearly met to be a net of webbing.

"And... did he just do it?"  

Shaddaling

Wrathful Shapeshifter

Gwennythe
Crew

Feral Nerd

PostPosted: Sun Jul 05, 2015 5:01 pm
"Nice thing about science; it's -never- done." Tam' grinned, and widened her eyes as they found the battle again.
"I think he just did! Want to try and see if he can do it again, just to be sure? I'll get Neph into avoidance only..." She whistled then for the spider's attention.
"No more attacks for a moment, Neph! Just try to dodge whatever Spins throws your way!"

Neph chittered in surprise; she wasn't used to finding webbing coming back -at- her, and had to take a few moments to remove it from herself, taking a good look at it as she did...
<< We-ell... Aren't /you/ a quick study..?>>
She hissed slightly, with annoyance, at being told to go into evasive training, but remembered Lasi was still about... And she /really/ didn't want to be beaten by a pink bat in front of a fun new sparring partner.  
Roleplay

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff