[PRP] Rocks on a Roll (Fin) Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

TawnyAngel

Predestined Inquisitor

PostPosted: Fri Jul 03, 2015 11:56 am
Aulus nodded in return; control was good, you could do a lot so long as you were in control. "I guess building some kind of taser affair into it would work," he mused aloud, holding up the hand and turning it this way and that. "Where though? For a punch the bottom joint of the fingers here would work." He formed a fist and tapped the area he meant with the nails of his flesh hand. "Need to insulate them, I guess, even if titanium is a shitty conductor. I don't want to be going around taking recoil damage, you know?"  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 03, 2015 12:31 pm
"Definitely not... Um. That wouldn't be useful at all... You'd be like, um, a Voltorb or something... 'Self-destruct'... I don't really think that would be useful." Then, after a moment "You can't explode right? Um. The arm? It's built well enough that it's not going to... blow up if a Pikachu attacks you or something?" That struck her as something she should probably have asked before, and she was pretty sure she knew the answer, but technology still wasn't really her forte.  

Gwennythe
Crew

Feral Nerd

TawnyAngel

Predestined Inquisitor

PostPosted: Fri Jul 03, 2015 12:40 pm
"Ha! That'd be embarrassing.... And really really horrible." Aulus gave a lopsided grin and shook his head. "No though, it's well insulted under the case so it getting zapped is no worse than me getting zapped in general, it would take something really powerful to damage it annnd... well, if that happened I'd probably be unconscious so it would be a moot point anyway."

Part way along the hall Aulus turned to check a console for a free room. "Pretty quiet," he observed as he checked out a basic one, "I guess it is about dinner time though. Next but one door on the right is ours then!" Aulus grinned again and added; "Fossils!"

PostPosted: Fri Jul 03, 2015 12:54 pm
Tambrey nodded.
"Probably... Oof... Like," When the reason you first got the arm happened "when we got, um... blown up. Erm. Pick whichever occasion you want..." She added with a grim grin. She'd have to try and work out just how many times she'd been blown up.

Her grim mental recollections were broken into happier anticipation fairly quickly, however, as Aulus found a free training room.
She returned the grin.
"I can't wait to see how they behave..." Instinct and behaviour matched to DNA from millions of years ago... She planned on taking a lot of notes.  

Gwennythe
Crew

Feral Nerd

TawnyAngel

Predestined Inquisitor

PostPosted: Fri Jul 03, 2015 1:00 pm
"Blown up was the most impressive," Aulus replied with another wry grin. "That time with Yveltal probably comes second on the actual bodily harm scale for me.... I think? Yes, must be. You know a few years ago I would have thought anyone having this kind of conversation must be making it up."

Shaking his head and making a small noise of amusement Aulus headed to the door and opened it up, holding it for Tam to enter behind him. "Me either! I mean, modern breeds are sort of... used to people? They've coexisted with us, even the wild ones. These guys could be a whole new kettle of fish."

Once Tam was in and the door was closed Aulus took the pokeballs out of the box and looked to his partner. "Ready?"

PostPosted: Fri Jul 03, 2015 1:09 pm
"Heh. Yes... Um, it's bizarre what becomes normal especially around here..." Tambrey agreed; on a tamer note, it was /weird/ the kind of -every day- thing she could end up doing in the labs... The fossils were a bit of a hint of such, after all.

"Exactly!" She agreed happily. "I mean, um, if you want to see their full DNA profiles," She supposed they might not mean -so- much to Aulus, being mostly strings of letters, blobs, and symbols "I have it right on the pad... But, um, actual behaviour? We won't know until we see them. Very ready!" She grinned, excitedly.  

Gwennythe
Crew

Feral Nerd

TawnyAngel

Predestined Inquisitor

PostPosted: Fri Jul 03, 2015 1:18 pm
"Sure!" Aulus replied with every sign of enthusiasm. "I mean, I won't pretend to understand them beyond an A-level biology level but I'd be interested, and I might learn something." He was learning Python after all - slowly - so why not learn a bit about an aspect of Tam's work? Plus, pokemon related and therefore awesome.

Right though!

"Right!"

Aulus took a breath and released the pair of pokemon. The two fossil pokemon manifested in flashes of white light and then....

The Omanyte took a bleary look at its surroundings, blinked, and then promptly vanished inside its shell. The Amaura meanwhile stood stock still, staring at Aulus and Tambery in a deeply perplexed and slightly wary fashion.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 03, 2015 1:34 pm
Tambrey grinned and tapped a couple of icons, then a window opened up to display three rolling graphics; one was labelled Cran-ATGC001, below that (and a window displaying data about the sequence) were sequences labelled Oman-CGCG001, and Amau-TAAT002.
If Aulus wanted to look, it would be ready on the window.

But right then, pokémon were appearing from the Aulus' pokéballs.
"Aaaaw..." Escaped her mouth before she could stop it as she watched the adorable shelled pokémon disappear into his shell.
Wait. Disappear into his shell? Oh... Right, out of all the instincts she'd been imagining, she hadn't bargained on simple, pure, anxiety at his situation overtaking any curiosity...
At least the sauropod didn't have a shell to hide in, but it didn't seem as ready to interact with them as Amaura she had met before. Well...
"I suppose a lot of new pokémon are skittish..." She smiled, and wiggled her fingers in a wave at the pair. "Hello there..."  

Gwennythe
Crew

Feral Nerd

TawnyAngel

Predestined Inquisitor

PostPosted: Fri Jul 03, 2015 1:49 pm
Awwww, they were nervous.

"Hi there." Aulus knelt down on the floor and held his left hand out to the Amaura. "No need to be nervous, promise, we're friends."

The Amaura studied him carefully for a few moments before starting to move forward, still looking wary but clearly curious about him. "Maaaaaur?"

"Oh, yeah, that'd be a good idea," Aulus said with a shake of his head, reaching to his belt with his metal hand to select a pokeball and release its occupant; it was Rose.

<> Rose waved at the Amaura, who had stopped. <>

"Nope," Aulus confirmed, "Tam and I are both plant eaters."

The Amaura, which had paused when Rose appeared, started forward again. <> it said, sounding as though it was testing the words out.

<> Rose translated.

"Rose says she says hello," Aulus translated in turn, keeping his hand still to allow the ice type to sniff at his fingers.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 03, 2015 2:04 pm
"No eating friends." Tambrey agreed quickly, still smiling and 'aawing' over the pair... "Oh. Um. Maybe Treestar?" She suggested after a moment, reaching for a ball at her belt; he did at least /look/ not too dissimilar in shape to an Amaura...

She beamed even further as Rose translated, and Aulus translated Rose, and couldn't stop herself from saying "Aaaaw" again...  

Gwennythe
Crew

Feral Nerd

TawnyAngel

Predestined Inquisitor

PostPosted: Fri Jul 03, 2015 2:13 pm
The Amaura looked faintly confused. <>

<> Rose then proceeded to explain the human inability to understand pokemon, qualified with recent changes. This didn't make the Amaura look any less confused; he shrugged apologetically. <>

"Oh, sure, good idea," Aulus nodded to Tam, "might be reassuring for her...." Turning back to the Amaura he cautiously rubbed under her chin with his first two fingers. "So I thought I might call you Borealis, what do you think of that?"

The Amaura, possibly Borealis, accepted the finger rubs and after a few moments butted her head against Aulus' hand. <> she said to Rose.

This information was duly passed on via the chain of translation.

Meanwhile across the room the Omanyte started to peek cautiously out of its shell.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 03, 2015 2:24 pm
A few seconds later, after a brief flash of red light, an usually coloured Bayleef stood glancing around with interest.

Tambrey smiled as she watched Aulus and 'Borealis' interact, and turned to explain to the grass-dinosaur. "Um. So. These are new friends of Aulus... I thought it'd be good for you to meet them, um... Well, I'm sure you might see why. Play nice, Treestar." Not that Treestar ever -didn't- play nice, really... He was mostly a very sweet grass type.

<> He said, looking from the shell... with eyes... to the.. Oh! His eyes lit up. Well she was very pretty. <> His cheeks took a small amount of colour on.  

Gwennythe
Crew

Feral Nerd

TawnyAngel

Predestined Inquisitor

PostPosted: Fri Jul 03, 2015 2:29 pm
Possibly-Borealis blinked up at the new arrival and then, after a few moments, made a happy little humming noise. <>

The Omanyte emerged a little further, watching the scene with caution. It didn't seem like anything bad was happening.... After some apparent thought it started to move across the floor towards the Amaura, Aulus, and the others.

Aulus smiled encouragingly at the Omanyte and offered his other hand. "Hey, want to take a look at this? Part steel type, pretty cool hu?"

<>

Aulus laughed briefly, "Possibly? I don't think I have the legs for it though." He then passed on the translation to Tam because otherwise it would be a bit of a baffling statement.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 03, 2015 2:40 pm
<> Treestar enthused and then stood quite proud; he'd just been called 'quite tall' by a very pretty creature. <>

Tambrey watched the Omanyte come closer, and watched Aulus' interaction with it; she grinned when Aulus translated the exchange between him and Rose.

"I don't know... Lucario? I could see that." She joked, then marveled at the fossil mon again... "I knew they'd be fascinating but I guess I wasn't, um, quite prepared for just how -cute- they were going to be..."  

Gwennythe
Crew

Feral Nerd

TawnyAngel

Predestined Inquisitor

PostPosted: Fri Jul 03, 2015 2:44 pm
"Very, very cute!" Aulus said with carefully restrained excitement; his fingers were being investigated by tiny tentacles. "I was going to call you Helix, do you like that?"

The Omanyte looked up at him with huge adorable eyes and gave his fingers a squeeze.

"I think that's a yes?" Aulus glanced up at Tam for a second opinion, a stupid grin plastered across his face.

<> Borealis - she had decided - replied with a nod. <>

Roleplay

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces