Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Gwennythe
Crew

Feral Nerd

PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2015 2:49 pm
"Eh? Nah! Not... Oh f'r ******** sake... Look," Clancy, somehow, managed not to turn as red as his hair, but pulled out his 'dex, recalling how Lex had encouraged him to look things up... Since then, he'd also worked out how to get /back/ to the pages he'd seen.
"Nah, this bloody thing. 'S called Cobalt." He offered the 'dex across which was now set to display information on Absol.  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2015 2:55 pm
KO hadn't been so relieved in quite a long time, not even when he'd awoken and realised he wasn't dead but that was probably just because he'd been too groggy to process anything initially. Regardless, he was very glad when Clancy showed him the 'dex screen.

"Oh, Absol," he said, relaxing back into his usual demeanour with a brief chuckle and a shake of his head. "Now you see this is why it's important to be accurate, I was concerned that I was going to have to have a little conversation with you and your paramour about how not to do it. Not that I mind giving tips you understand but you caught me rather off guard with that comment."

TawnyAngel

Predestined Inquisitor

Gwennythe
Crew

Feral Nerd

PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2015 3:00 pm
"I ain't got the foggiest wot the bloody 'ell a 'parrot moor' is, but alright, thanks, I... think?" Clancy offered, semi-baffled, but getting the gist of what KO meant. "Any'ow. There ain't none o' that goin' on, I just need to talk with 'em about the fact I've been assigned this ruddy smartarse abseil. May as well do it when I ask f'r official wotchamacallit, right? Get the bloody lot out the way. Two birds, one scone, and the like."  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2015 3:02 pm
"Paramour: partner, lover," KO explained, feeling a little generous now because - moment of horror passed - he was amused. "And yes it sounds like a good opportunity to me," he agreed with a nod. He then huffed slightly and shook his head. "All I ever got assigned was a reject Pidgey that won't evolve, so you did well there!" Perhaps because somebody had taken a look at him and guessed that he would struggle to catch a decent team of his own.  

TawnyAngel

Predestined Inquisitor

Gwennythe
Crew

Feral Nerd

PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2015 3:08 pm
"Ah. Weird bloody word; French, is it?" The redhead grumbled and then frowned rather deeply and suspiciously. "Wotcha mean lucky? 'Ave you read it's bloody entry? Flamin' /disaster/ pokémon! It bloody well says so... And the one I got's a right arse..."  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2015 3:19 pm
"I think so," KO shrugged, "I've never really questioned the etymology of it, and pokedex entries are often exaggerated you know. Like old wives tales. What does Absol's say?" He knew what one was, that it was a dark type, was fairly strong and could mega evolve but not a huge amount other than that. "They're strong pokemon, and they're capable of mega evolution," he added, helpful fellow that he was on his present whim.  

TawnyAngel

Predestined Inquisitor

Gwennythe
Crew

Feral Nerd

PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2015 3:25 pm
"Eh? What the bloody 'ell's it got to do with insects?" Clancy queried, not even more puzzled regarding the word.

"Any'ow, yeah, sure... But it blood well says 'disaster pokémon' and it would be just my bloomin' luck to get a 'disaster pokémon', b'sides... Darn thing /is/ an arsehole! She called me a 'less elegant Super Mario'... " It had been 'less eloquent' Super Mario, but Clancy only remembered vaguely the translations Lex had provided him with... "I don't even 'ave a flippin' mustache..."  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2015 3:32 pm
Of everything Clancy had just said the first thing KO felt he had to say in response was; "Don't grown one. Please. Just don't." It was possible to pull off an attractive moustache but it was a rare man who managed it and even then they weren't to his taste unless they came along with a well kept beard, that was quite nice on the right face....

Wait what had he been thinking about? Oh right, Clancy's complete ignorance and incompetence.

"Well you'd have to ask somebody who trains an Absol more about that then, and insects? Where did you get insects from?" Clancy obviously had something wrong with his ears, his brain, or both. Probably both.

TawnyAngel

Predestined Inquisitor

Gwennythe
Crew

Feral Nerd

PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2015 3:39 pm
"Well, I ain't got no bloody plan to... Can you imagine me with a flippin' mustache? I'd look like flamin' Yosemite Sam..." Clancy didn't seem to like the mental image and pulled a face, before looking baffled.

"Hey, ya brought bloody insects inta this, not me... You said you ain't never looked into them insect studies 'bout that french word- parobola or wotever 't was..."  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2015 3:44 pm
"Oh etymology," KO said as the light of understanding dawned. "No, it means the study of the origin of words." Fish pie finished KO pulled his apple pie towards him and poked at the pastry, which seemed pretty acceptable. "Oh, but if you do want to meet with one of the elites just drop a message, that's what I did. A polite 'hello I would like some feedback on my performance so I can improve myself' sort of thing ought to work. And if you're going to mention your pokemon, do yourself a favour and double check the spelling?" Though, once again, he would love to be a fly on the wall at the moment Elite Claire read a message from Clancy about bloody arseholes.  

TawnyAngel

Predestined Inquisitor

Gwennythe
Crew

Feral Nerd

PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2015 3:52 pm
"Eh? Me spellin's bloody top knotch, I'll 'ave you know, thankya very bloody much..." Clancy insisted, before he commented on the rest.

"And, I could o' sworn it meant the study o' creepy crawlies and the like... Insects... But a'right, if ya say so..." Next time he saw 'entomologist' listed somewhere, or heard it, he was probably going to insist they studied the origins of words... He was going to be very confused if he ever caught an insect documentary...

"So... I just pop on me 'dex and put like 'Ey lass, I'd like some words 'bout how well I did if'n ya wouldn't mind' ? That kinda thing?"  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2015 3:58 pm
Ahh.... Now how generous was he still feeling? The apple pie had cinnamon in it, so somewhat. "Mmmh. Okay you need to sound still like you but a little more formal. So something like 'Hi Elite Claire, if you wouldn't mind I'd like a word about how well you think I did on the latest mission? I'd also like to ask something about the pokemon I was just assigned. Thanks, Grunt Eel'." KO concluded he suggestion with a little flourish of his fork and then dug into his dessert.  

TawnyAngel

Predestined Inquisitor

Gwennythe
Crew

Feral Nerd

PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2015 4:14 pm
"Er... Why'd I thank meself? Oh! Nah, wait, I get it..." Clancy's knitted brows rose in understanding; that was how he was supposed to 'sign off', with a 'thank you'... He supposed for reading the note or... considering the request.

He munched on his meal some more, than considered his wording; he did not think he'd be using 'hi'...

"'Ello 'Lite Claire... I was wond'rin' if ya wouldnae mind havin' a meeting to talk 'bout the last mission and 'ow I did; also, I got an issue with m' new critter. T'a', Grunt Eel'..? How 'bout that?"  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2015 4:19 pm
Well it was certainly in character, that much could be said for the proposed response. KO shrugged and nodded. "Sure, that would probably be alright. As elites go Claire seems pretty relaxed, though I don't claim to know her well at all." But because he was nosey he did know that she had once dated the guy who a lot of people had thought subsequently dated Elite Hayes, but according to Tambery that was not the case. Shame really, he would have won money on that one.  

TawnyAngel

Predestined Inquisitor

Gwennythe
Crew

Feral Nerd

PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2015 4:31 pm
"Hrrm." Clancy twitched his face; he remembered the Claire on the mission and she... had seemed somewhat scary, but then he /had/ just been 'viciously attacked' by a ghost...
"Aye. Well. I'll send the bloomin' thing after dinner then, eh. 'Ere! You could look the ruddy thing over, eh? Give it a tweak if'n it might need it? Ya know, considerin' you've bloomin' had a meetin' already an' all..."  
Roleplay

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff