[FIN] Glamorous Assignments Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

TawnyAngel

Predestined Inquisitor

PostPosted: Sat Aug 08, 2015 2:10 pm
"Heh," KO caught the pokeball and rolled it backwards and forwards over his fingers a few times, a neat little party trick he'd picked up from a girl in Orre. Now how was Rock doing he wondered? Probably good, she was as unshakable as her namesake. "I wouldn't be surprised if it were, that Haunter is reputedly a menace," he said as he set the toy down on the table he was working at so it was out of the way.

"But, field agent interests? So you must be quite into your pokemon I assume? Do you have a type preference?" People who liked pokemon were always happy to talk about things like that and if he'd assumed incorrectly it was an easy subject to drop.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 08, 2015 2:20 pm
Luxury had noticed his little contact juggling, and made a mental note to look into that later. It was something the made her curious, but she'd never actually tried to learn any of it. It was too... showy, for her tastes, but it would be useful for entertaining a bored Chora or as something to teach CJ.

"I do... and I do. Dark and Fire are my favorites, though I've also obtained and trained an Electric type." She tossed the box aside and looked around. They were making pretty good progress, she thought. "I also have a half Ghost type in my care, which is... Entertaining." Gwyn could be a handful, and still wasn't used to or happy about Luxury training her instead of Rayna. It was understandable, though, since Gwyn was to Rayna who Chora was to herself. First Pokemon, especially ones from childhood, always carried a strong bond.

"What about you?"  

wasluxy
Crew

TawnyAngel

Predestined Inquisitor

PostPosted: Sat Aug 08, 2015 2:29 pm
"Ahhh, ghosts can be... interesting," KO said, thinking of Countess specifically but also somewhat Kaiser, but least Kaiser had eyes and a mouth rather than rows of stitches. "I don't have a type preference myself but I have ended up with more ghosts than any other type, I have a Banette and a Rotom. I am fond of dark and fire types though; my Umbreon and my Arcanine are two of my most reliable pokemon, just after my Raichu."

Having got to the bottom of a stack of papers KO moved to pick up another and started leafing through it, dropping items onto the appropriate piles as he noted the dates on them.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 08, 2015 2:48 pm
"Umbreon and Arcanine, huh?" Well that was an odd coincidence. "I stole one of each my first year as a Rocket. Nova's trainer made money off her by betting on her DDR skills, figured she'd be useful... She won't dance anymore, but she's proven her worth in battle." Well, actually, she would dance, but only when she wanted to and never in public. Luxury had tried several methods to get her to go back to DDR, but it seemed nothing short of torture would work and Luxury couldn't bring herself to do that. "Nioshii I swiped on a little information mission with an Agent, and has easily been my best personal obtainment yet." Which, now that she said it, sounded quite pathetic as she'd gotten him years ago. Still, it was hard to top a giant fire dog that was insanely loyal and had a roar that still startled Luxury sometimes if she wasn't paying attention. He'd been her greatest asset in the biggest mission she'd went on, and she was sure would be her greatest asset in the next.

Well, as long as she could stay on him during a Pokemon swarm...  

wasluxy
Crew

TawnyAngel

Predestined Inquisitor

PostPosted: Sat Aug 08, 2015 2:57 pm
"Coincidence indeed, though I can't claim the same circumstances of acquisition," KO replied with a chuckle. "The Umbreon I stole as an eevee from a giant Russian man after I stayed at his apartment after a night out. Nothing happened between us I hasten to add!... Sadly, he did have very nice muscles. The Arcanine I actually won from a pole dancing contest," he shrugged and smirked, "New Years' competition at one of my favourite clubs a couple of years ago. As it turned out he was one of our own lab creations so I brought him home as it were I suppose."  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 08, 2015 3:22 pm
Giant Russian man? The only person Luxury knew that fit the description was someone she'd nearly been trampled by up at Sky Peak the last winter. What was his name... Oh! "Ha, don't suppose his name was 'Dith'?" No way Luxury would dare steal from that guy, even though he seemed to be more of a softie he was freaking huge... Though, she couldn't really mention his muscle tone as he, and everyone else, had been bundled against the cold and decked in Christmas-y sweaters.

That muscle comment did catch her ear, though, and the pole dancing certainly did too. Thinking about that for half a second, Luxury almost blushed. It was another thing she'd had passing interest in -and she was kicking herself that she was finding more in common with KO than she liked- but again, found it too showy. Well, showy, and in order to make money she'd have to find a lesbian club, because no way in the name of Arceus was she about to strip to next to nothing and shake her 'money maker' in front of drooling Bidoofs. Screw that. She found it amusing that KO was so open about having pole danced, but she supposed that a competition win was something more easily bragged about than ashamed of, even if he was a male. On that note, a thought was starting to form in her head...

"Sounds like you have a preference for men~" Her tone was a light teasing, but her body was a little more rigid upon asking than it had been seconds prior. If he wasn't into women... Well, that was half of the threat he posed tossed out the window.  

wasluxy
Crew

TawnyAngel

Predestined Inquisitor

PostPosted: Sat Aug 08, 2015 3:38 pm
...She hadn't caught on before this very moment? Was he getting too hetero or was she just the sort who didn't judge a book by its flamboyant cover? If the latter then good for her, the lack of prejudgement just wasn't something he was all that used to.

"That I do," KO said with a smirk and a nod, "I can certainly see that women are beautiful but... call it a merely aesthetic appreciation if you will. I hate to be stereotypical but at lot of the time I find that women make better company than men too; so much testosterone and machismo and so little attention to style, at least among the sort of man that likes women." KO tsked and shook his head. "It's enough to make you weep.... You're right about the other thing too though," he tilted his head curiously. "Lots of gold curls, big smile? One eye these days too, our fault I gather! He doesn't know stole the eevee though so we're good friends, he treats me to lunch from time to time in Camphoreon." He almost felt bad about the eye thing but only almost. The big lug ought to stay out of the way of dangerous people.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 08, 2015 5:17 pm
Luxury had to keep her jaw from dropping. How had she not known this before? Well, she supposed it was because she never paid any attention to males, and didn't think anything on the outside was really a good indicator of what was on the inside, at least as far as gender preferences went. All men were just scary and threatening to her, and she'd never really considered that some would be only half the threat. Still a threat, but... Only half. Luxury also supposed that, if she could get past Panther being male -and a full threat, since he was straight as far as she was aware-, she could possibly get past KO being male as well. Maybe.

When KO was done talking, Luxury stopped chewing on her lip and returned her eyes to the papers. She hadn't realized she'd been staring... "Yeah, lion mane and pirate eyes certainly match the Dith I know. Well, loosely know. He nearly flattened me last winter at the Ski Lodge." So it was certainly the same one... And KO had stolen from him? That had to have taken guts. Or, well, ninja skills, which Luxury wouldn't rule out as the Grunt was sly enough to still have lunch with him. "I'd say you've dealt the giant a low blow, but..." Nope. Nooope. She had meant to end that with 'but stealing is our business', but the newly learned information had twisted the sentence the second it was out of her mouth. Instead she just made a snickering noise and shook her head. "Nevermind."  

wasluxy
Crew

TawnyAngel

Predestined Inquisitor

PostPosted: Sat Aug 08, 2015 5:39 pm
Hummm? KO watched Luxury's expression with interest that he kept concealed behind his usual faint smile. She sure was paying a lot of attention to his face, was the revelation really that startling? Perhaps it came outside of her usual view of men, she clearly had a 'template' of sorts for them in her mind and he doubted he fitted into it very neatly.

"Well I didn't know him when I did it," KO replied with a shrug. "I got up in the morning and him to walk me back to my car but 'forgot' my coat back in his place and he offered to run up for it, seen as I was a little hungover, by all appearances. That gave me time to tell Duke - my Raichu - what floor to break into and send him out of sight. The giant Russian and I walk on to my car, Duke meanwhile pulls of the heist and then meets me with the little eevee held by the scruff and we all go home.... And, nevermind?" he tilted his head curiously as he sorted through another stack of papers, glancing between them and Luxury.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 08, 2015 6:01 pm
Ah, well that was clever of him. A bit like how she'd used Chora to swipe Nova, though yelling 'fire' in an arcade was a lot more dramatic -and probably less impressive- than a stealthy steal from under Dith's nose.

... Did he really not catch on to what she'd said? No way her mind was dirtier than his. No way. She just waved a paper in her hand to dismiss it, then forgot the date she read and had to look again before sorting it to the right pile. "Nova's acquirement was a bit more... Messy. I yelled 'fire' in the arcade, tripped her trainer, and Chora pounced on the Umbreon's 'ball. My first official steal as a proud member of Team Rocket!" Luxury straightened up like she was really so proud of it, then deflated and tossed another box out of the way. "We're getting through all this faster than I thought we would..."  

wasluxy
Crew

TawnyAngel

Predestined Inquisitor

PostPosted: Sat Aug 08, 2015 6:08 pm
"Other than the innuendo I meant, unless that's all you were going for?" KO said with another raise of one sculpted eyebrow. "Humm, and messy it might have been but it obviously worked!" He grinned and gave a mock salute. "All hail the glory of Team Rocket and our many achievements in its name?"

The task certainly was going quite quickly, everything now seemed to be nearly piled by year. There was still sorting that into exact date order of course but he didn't honestly expect that they were expected to complete the task in the brief duty shift they'd been assigned. Still, the more they got done the better they looked!

PostPosted: Sat Aug 08, 2015 6:36 pm
Ah, so he /had/ caught that. "Stealing is our business~" she replied with a smirk. "And yes, work it did~ Nova actually helped me get Nioshii, so if nothing else that alone was totally worth shaking up an arcade full of kids over." It was also kind of funny to see the panic on their faces, not even bothering to see if there really was a fire before they freaked out and ran. Too, too easy. Smirk still in place, she mimicked KO's salute. "Hear, hear!"

Luxury had to admit to herself, KO wasn't as horrible as she initially took him for. He was still a Bidoof, but... a tolerable one, or at least so far he was.

Oh man, CJ was reeeally rubbing off on her...  

wasluxy
Crew

Roleplay

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas