Welcome to Gaia! ::

Reply Roleplay
{Fin]Your training style is what? [Lex & Clancy] Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Shaddaling

Wrathful Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Mon Aug 24, 2015 3:11 pm
"Okay then," Lex looked over the room, giving a dissatisfied hum. He wasn't surprised, more resigned then anything. "Okay, tail whip and growl should be replace, there are a lot of moves that are better." He ran his fingers over the screen bringing up the list.

"See right here? Electro Ball is the next move that Clerval can learn and it is a good one. Pikachus have a lot of speed, not as much as some pokemon but this move power is how much faster Clerval is compared to his opponent." Lex looked down a bit farther. "He can also learn Thunder Wave and paralyze opponents before they can get Mircalla."  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 24, 2015 3:29 pm
"Eh? Why the bloody 'ell would I remove Tail Whip?! It's a -bloody whip-!" Clancy protested, misunderstanding what Tail Whip really did. "I just ain't got 'im to do it prop'ly yet. Ain't whipped anythin'..."

He perked up quite a bit when Lex talked of 'Electro Ball' and 'Thunderwave' though.
"Ooh! Those sound bloody neat! Specially that thundery waving thingummy; that's what y'r little pest has ain't it?"  

Gwennythe
Crew

Feral Nerd

Shaddaling

Wrathful Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Mon Aug 24, 2015 3:52 pm
"Tail whip isn't an actual whip, it is a move that lowers defense by wagging their tail. It is rather common move." Lex, tapped the move, and turned up the volume, a voice calmly announcing the move and what it did.

"Sunspot does have Thunder Wave, it is a very useful status move," Lex nodded. "He can learn Electroball but much later then Clerval."  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 24, 2015 4:24 pm
"Huh... That's bloody weird." Clancy decided, and made a mental note to get rid of 'Tail Whip'; not only was the name a lie, but he didn't even understand how that worked...

"Y' little bug can learn the same bloomin' moves as me yella rat? But... 'E's a bug... He's bloody tiny!"  

Gwennythe
Crew

Feral Nerd

Shaddaling

Wrathful Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Wed Aug 26, 2015 2:14 pm
"Most moves are by typing not size, Clerval and Sunspot are both electric type so they share some of the same moves. Sunny can't learn a lot of electric moves that Clerval can, instead he learns more bug type moves that make him very effective against dark types."

"To put it simply, Clerval can learn highly effective electric moves like Thunder by levels. I would have to evolve Sunny into a Galvantula and find a TM to teach my pokemon the same move." Lex gave a soft smile at the pokemon on top of his boot. "Most of the time, size doesn't effect what moves a pokemon can learn."  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 27, 2015 1:51 am
"Thunder." Clancy repeated with a frown. "Is that... all it's bloomin' called? Jus' 'Thunder'? Ain't much of a flamin' fancy soundin' 'ttack. Clerval's already got somethin' called 'Thunderwotsit'; 's got a whole 'nother bit on it."

He didn't make a note of what Lex would have to evolve Sunspot into to teach the move, but he did make a mental note of 'evolution' meaning 'new moves'.
"Oh! 'Ey, so... if'n Mircalla or any mine bloomin' 'volved, would they get to learn new uns too?"  

Gwennythe
Crew

Feral Nerd

Shaddaling

Wrathful Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Fri Aug 28, 2015 1:12 pm
"It would matter, most pokemon are able to learn more moves when they evolved but they can also end up loosing a chance to learn others." Lex hummed thoughtfully, flicking through the move app.

"Mircalla yes, Clerval can only learn moves natural as a Pikachu... some reason evolution would stunt his ability to learn anything else." He tapped a finger in thought. " You can also get moved turtored, some people understand a type so well, they can teach your Pokemon moves that they wouldn't otherwise be able to use."

"I'm planning to play for some tutoring for my Serperior and Sneasel."  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 28, 2015 2:02 pm
"They pro'ly just had too much bloody time on their 'ands and ended up know'n' wotever bloomin' type..." Clancy mused on the idea of 'tutors', but was busily trying to look up Sharpedo to see what moves Mircalla could have access to if he worked hard enough to evolve her.

One of the names caught his attention.
"Sneezles? That don't sound very bloody good..."  

Gwennythe
Crew

Feral Nerd

Shaddaling

Wrathful Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Sun Aug 30, 2015 12:54 pm
"Sneasel, they are a dark, ice type. They are very, very fast hmm.." Lex brought up the entry, holding out his dex towards Clancy so he could look. "Have you found the information you wanted on the Sharpedo?"  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 30, 2015 3:01 pm
"I don't bloody know... It says she can get bloomin' 'Slash', wotever that actually might be... She can't get hold o' that as a Carvanha..." He scowled at the screen "Still a bloody stupid name..." He muttered, regarding 'Sneasel', and then pointed out something else.
"She can also get 'Skull Bash'; now that sounds pretty bloody nifty!"  

Gwennythe
Crew

Feral Nerd

Shaddaling

Wrathful Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Sun Aug 30, 2015 3:11 pm
"Make sure to check out the move to make sure it is as nifty as it sounds. You were thinking Tail whip involved an actual whip," Lex replied, shrugging off the remark. He hadn't named them.  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 30, 2015 3:20 pm
"Well it's flamin' well -called- Tail -Whip-, ain't it?! So what the bloody 'ell was I s'posed t' think it was..? Any'ow... This un," He jabbed his finger at the move "is bloody good! Normal type but it's a powerful un; says physical and it raises defense at the same bloody time! Little bit slow... Takes the time o' two bloody moves to execute but it ain't bad, no how!"  

Gwennythe
Crew

Feral Nerd

Shaddaling

Wrathful Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2015 5:39 pm
"Hmm, it is a good move but as a normal type she won't get a bonus to her attack like she would if it was Dark or Water," Lex replied, looking it up on his own dex.  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2015 6:07 am
Clancy grumbled, and the words 'gotta bloody take in all the bloody types and nonsense' were among a few ruder words in his grumbling.

Done grumbling, he jabbed his finger at something that was a dark type move.
"Wot 'bout that one? 'Night Slash'?"  

Gwennythe
Crew

Feral Nerd

Shaddaling

Wrathful Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2015 2:49 pm
"It is a suggestion Clancy, not a rule... and Night Slash is a good move, I would also look up Crunch." Lex sat down, picking up Sunspot and set the mite pokemon in his lap. "It really matters of what you want to do with her. I think you are planning to go offensive?"  
Roleplay

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff