Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Gwennythe
Crew

Feral Nerd

PostPosted: Fri Aug 28, 2015 11:03 pm
"Yeah, cuz o' that bloomin' egg thingummy! That bloody doodad gave me a splittin' 'eadache... Was bloody nice t' get back on a submarine though..."

<< Well then you would be placed in storage or destroyed, wouldn't you?>> Clerval retorted, his arms still folded. He looked a little uncomfortable at the question, pausing for a long moment before almost snapping out <<.... I don't remember>> and turning his body away from the Absol slightly.  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 29, 2015 10:26 am
"Right," Aulus nodded, "so you realise that she didn't just learn to speak? That pokemon talk like that all the time, it's just you can understand some of them now. Mind you," he shrugged, "I'll give you some are a lot smarter than others. A lot of my team I'd say are as smart as an average human but Red - my Pidgeot, great big bird - is a complete featherbrain." Giving Clancy that extra detail was probably not going to help his gold of persuading the idiot to think a bit more of pokemon but he'd feel false if he didn't.

Tortie grinned. <> she flicked her tail in a shrug, <> Clearly there was some repression going on here! <> She gave another shrug, time was a bit of a nebulous concept so far as she was concerned but a lot of people - especially humans - set a lot of store by it. <>

TawnyAngel

Predestined Inquisitor

Gwennythe
Crew

Feral Nerd

PostPosted: Sat Aug 29, 2015 12:06 pm
"Yeah, I know. She can jus' talk t' me 'cuz of the bloomin' egg. Can't talk to Lex 'r a lot of other people, but 'e can talk to dark types..." Clancy frowned, a little annoyance showing "Means 'e can understand Mircalla. Ain't ruddy right; can't bloomin' understand none of m' team... No idea if any o' them's idiots or not. Bloody pains in the arse, but ain't sure if they're stupid..."

<< Well... I don't remember being outside of this team. I came out of storage the way I am and found myself assigned to this idiot. I knew I was in Team Rocket, and what that meant; I knew I had to obey my trainer as expected.>>  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 29, 2015 12:15 pm
Well there he did have sympathy, not that it made him any more kindly disposed towards the prat but still. Aulus shrugged. "It would be nice to have been able to choose. If we ever get hold of a stable Horsea sample you might like to get yourself one though, they evolve into a powerful water and dragon type at their third stage; Kingdra. They've got unusually well balance stats so they're useful all rounders to have on your team, and the only types they're weak to are other dragons and fairy types."

<> Tortie shrugged, <>

TawnyAngel

Predestined Inquisitor

Gwennythe
Crew

Feral Nerd

PostPosted: Sat Aug 29, 2015 12:23 pm
Now Clancy seemed to brighten up, even become a little excited.

"Aye! I know what them are! Ain't got no bloody idea 'bout 'stats' or wotnot, but eh, I know what Kingdra is!" He grinned. "So... Ya got some kinda inside scoop then? Ya know, cuz you and the labby, eh? We getting them samples 'r summat?"

<< For myself? My reward is to carry out my duty to my trainer, and therefore the team! I need no other!>>

<< Oh, here we go... He gets kinda 'soldiery' sometimes.>>  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 29, 2015 12:35 pm
This again? Him and 'the labby?' Ugh. "Her name's Tambery, or Tam if you can only handle one syllable," Aulus replied with a scowl. "And I don't know if we are or not, certainly not that I've heard though. Something to keep your eye out for though, should you see a trainer with one. Stats though, right, listening? Let me see your dex." Aulus came around to stand by Clancy and took the machine from him, he couldn't be bothered to dig his own out and his arm screen was a little small to do what he wanted to. "Here," opened Gyarados' entry and then a second window, in which he pulled in Kingdra's. "See here, they've got the same stat total right?" he indicted the number. "So that means overall they're about as powerful as one another. Gyarados here though has very high attack, that means its physical attacks hit hard. The drawback is that it has low special attack so moves based on that stat will be weaker. Its defence isn't that great either. Kingdra on the other hand is very even across all its stats so whatever kind of attack you give it, it will hit pretty well equally hard if it's raised evenly," EVs was quite a few lessons away yet, leave it at that for now, "and that it can take hits as well as it can dish them out making it better at surviving a fight."

Tortie laughed and shook her head. <>

TawnyAngel

Predestined Inquisitor

Gwennythe
Crew

Feral Nerd

PostPosted: Sat Aug 29, 2015 12:41 pm
"Yeah, yeah..." Clancy waved his hand, dismissively- he wasn't even going to pretend he was ever going to learn a name; half the time he forgot, exactly, what Aulus' name- or codename- was. He had him stored as 'Owlface' somewhere in the contacts; if he'd remembered that, he might have hoped Aulus wouldn't see it.

This was interesting though; his 'dex suddenly had graphics of two pokémon he rather liked a lot.
"So... Kingdra's better'n blooming toothy mcgee there, 's wot y'r bloomin' well saying, then?"

<< It sounds as though this 'Char' has a proper sense of duty...>>  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 29, 2015 12:48 pm
"Ah, no," Aulus shook his head. "Kingdra's better if what you're looking for is balance, if you want raw power then Gyarados is your better bet. It depends on your style and what your team needs. Based on your team - Feraligatr, Absol, and Sharpedo all have high attack but are weaker elsewhere - if you had the option between the two of them Kindgra might be better for you. Plus it's not weak to electric, which could be a big problem type for you focusing on water types."

<> Tortie snorted, <>

TawnyAngel

Predestined Inquisitor

Gwennythe
Crew

Feral Nerd

PostPosted: Sat Aug 29, 2015 1:17 pm
This was, apparently, beginning to confuse Clancy again... He /did/ like the sound of 'raw power' though... but Aulus was suggesting Kingdra would be 'better for him'... and he /did/ understand that his team was fairly electrically weak; losing against Lex's bug had finally helped him to realize that.

"Aye... I do bloomin' well love them big ol' Gyarados... Ain't got no loss o' fondness for Kingdra though... I'll be lookin' into getting either if'n I get the bloody chance..."

<< He does not sound 'boring'.>> Clerval insisted.  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 29, 2015 1:33 pm
"Well, both is good if you can get both," Aulus agreed easily with a slight shrug. "In the meantime you might want to consider getting a Swampert to deal with your weakness to electric types, and consider getting a use of the Aerial Ace tm for your Absol. It's a physical attack, flying type, that never misses and will cover you a bit on grass types. Also super effective on fighting types and bug types, but bug and fighting types are both super effective on her type - dark - so if you're going to match her against them she'll need to hit fast and hard."

Tortie yawned and shrugged, growing bored of the conversation. <>

TawnyAngel

Predestined Inquisitor

Gwennythe
Crew

Feral Nerd

PostPosted: Sat Aug 29, 2015 1:42 pm
"A Swampalert? I got a bloomin'," What was Ditty? "Whoopsy; ain't that basically the same bloody thing?" Again, though, he liked the sound of something he heard, and made a note, with a side-glance toward Cobalt.
'Aerial Ace' - which would become 'Admiral Arse' next time he thought of it, unfortunately, and lead to much confusion during the transaction when he got the money and got around to it.

<< Mac'n'Cheese?! I'm no bloody-! Ahem... That is not my name. I am Clerval.>>

Cobalt snickered, but was rather concerned by the look she'd gotten from Clancy a moment ago; the idiot was up to something... At least it was something Aulus had inspired, it seemed, so it probably wasn't terrible.  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 29, 2015 1:50 pm
Whoopsy? ...Wooper? "Well they're the same type, you've got that right," Aulus nodded, "Your 'woopsy', Wooper, will evolve into a Quagsire. They're very slow and their special stats aren't great but they've got a good amount of health and decent physical attack and defence and they can learn a pretty good range of moves."

Tortie grinned and flicked her tail. <>

TawnyAngel

Predestined Inquisitor

Gwennythe
Crew

Feral Nerd

PostPosted: Sat Aug 29, 2015 2:04 pm
"Ey? Jus' 'ow bloody slow? Do I have t' look int' replacing Ditty wi' one of them Swampers?" Clancy was suddenly very interested; he kept Ditty around specifically because he believed her dual typing was useful, and her electrical resistance.

<< As are you. Some of us just know our own place.>> His arms were still folded, and he turned away again.  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 29, 2015 2:10 pm
"Pretty slow but I wouldn't worry about it," Aulus replied with a shrug and a shake of his head. "Ditty won't be getting the first hit in any time soon but they should last the hit they take - unless it's grass - and hit back pretty hard. You could get a Swampert instead if you want, but given you've already got Ditty - and I assume started training them a bit - it would be a lot of effort for relatively little gain in the short term. Anyway you've already got several high attack pokemon." Admittedly he was partially saying this because he felt bad for Ditty, being so disposable. They'd probably be better off with a different trainer but then again they might not get one, and would instead end up stuck in storage or - worse - end up as an experimental subject in the labs.

<> Tortie snickered.

TawnyAngel

Predestined Inquisitor

Gwennythe
Crew

Feral Nerd

PostPosted: Sat Aug 29, 2015 2:25 pm
"Grass... 'Ow can I get 'er not to be weak 'gainst that? Bloody leafy bastards are always a bloody 'assle for me..." It seemed like Aulus had successfully swayed him back onto keeping Ditty at least, which was rather explained by Clancy's next statement: "Glad I don't 'ave to get rid of 'er... She's been a pain in the arse to bloody train t' 'ttack instead o' singing all the bloody time; wouldn't want t' undo all me bloody work..."

Clancy's cheeks reddened slightly and crackled, but he took no aggressive action- his trainer hadn't told him to.
Without a comeback, though, and feeling much defeated in contrast to his triumph of getting praise and a pat from an agent, the Pikachu wandered over to the humans, and reached for his ball.

"Oh, ya puttin' y'self 'way? Get on wi' ya then." Clancy noticed only the Pikachu's action, and not his mood. But he was in a good mood, learning about useful, and/or powerful pokémon and so offered... "Good work wi' our new toothy pal though..." Before turning his attention away again.  
Roleplay

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff