[Fin] Tailor Made Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

TawnyAngel

Predestined Inquisitor

PostPosted: Sat Sep 05, 2015 4:00 pm
KO arched one eyebrow in mild surprise at Mau's educational history. "Quite a leap, what inspired the change?" College seemed like a very expensive way to get an education to him but he'd always somewhat fancied the idea of himself as a student, it had seemed like a lofty and exotic goal when he'd been growing up. Galactic had looked suitably exotic too though and exciting with the added advantage of being free, but the drawback of - theoretically - locking you in for life. Of course the first couple of years hadn't turned out to be all that exciting in the end - there'd been a lot of cleaning out test tubes as he'd learned - but it had all worked out pretty well in the end, KO was pretty good at turning a situation to his advantage.

"Humm, I think this would do quite nicely," KO added as he inspected the linen; it was slightly less fine than the roll he'd been looking at in the fabric store but the difference in quality wasn't as great as the difference in price and he preferred the colour, it was slightly paler and warmer toned.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 05, 2015 7:04 pm
"Work inspired me to change. Cultivating plants for medical research was fine and all, but after my divorce, I changed a lot of things." Plus team rocket hadn't really had a need for someone to play with flowers, as his former team members had put it. So he studied and changed his field of expertise before coming to Kodo.

Mau eyed the fabric KO was looking at and nodded. He liked the warmer tone too. "I think that would look better on you anyways. The one you were pining over at the other store I think was too pale and would wash you out." He then looked up and glanced around. Hm. Maybe he could pick up something to make his room a touch more... less sterile. Having minimal personal effects made him spend less time in his room and more time in the labs, even working overtime more often then not. "I suppose a new lamp while I'm here wouldn't hurt. Something to liven things up. And see what seeds they might have shipped in, if any. Excuse me a moment." He stepped away to ask the clerk if they had any plants, or seeds in stock. He'd return to KO a couple minutes later with a small box in hand with a row of tiny seedlings, and a rather pleased look on his face.  

Lural

Shirtless Lunatic

TawnyAngel

Predestined Inquisitor

PostPosted: Sun Sep 06, 2015 4:22 pm
Divorcee hu? Somehow KO hadn't pegged Mau as having been married but then he never really did anyone in the Team, it wasn't really an environment that was conducive to that kind of thing. "Agreed on the fabric," KO nodded, "and I'll meet you in a bit then."

Decision made KO found the person responsible for the fabric and acquired his required three and a half yards just as Mau rejoined him. "Well, my mission has been a success, and it looks like you've done well too?" KO nodded to the seedlings. "What've you got there?"

PostPosted: Sun Sep 06, 2015 11:38 pm
When he rejoined KO he glanced at the fabric. Seemed he had gotten what he needed. "Oh, I've got 2 leppa seedlings, what looks to be a bluk seedling, and a schlumbergera. ... Ah, that is, a Christmas cactus, and some aloe." Sure, he could get aloe at just about any hardware or grocery store, and come winter, the Christmas cactus would be pretty abundant too. But he was here, they were here, so why not?

"So you said your roommate likes plants. Do you know where he gets his growing lamps? Or what he pays for them?" He didn't really expect KO to know, but maybe later he would ask him more about his roommate, and he could go plant nerd with him some time. "Oh, anything else you want to look at while we're here? Lamps? Drapes? Buttons?" They could always continue their shopping adventure elsewhere.  

Lural

Shirtless Lunatic

TawnyAngel

Predestined Inquisitor

PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2015 4:25 pm
"Sounds like you got a good selection, and.... Humm, buttons I could use," KO affirmed with a nod, "also I need more black thread, I did a few alterations to corporate uniforms in the last couple of weeks so I'm running a little low." What else?... Oh, Mau had asked a question, he should address that before he got totally absorbed in himself.

"But lamps, I think Lu goes to a garden supply store, it's just on the outskirts of town and not out of our way on the drive home so we could stop by if you want? The place does pretty good deals I seem to recall but I couldn't tell you exactly how much they were."

PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2015 7:36 pm
"Ah, excellent. Then as long as we don't forget to swing by there, I should be a happy camper." He nodded. "You altered the uniform?" Well, KO wouldn't be the first, he was sure. Mau really hated the uniforms, and only wore them when he had to, specifically on raids. The rest of the time he was in a lab coat, so who cared what he wore under it, so long as he was dressed? Wait. Black thread? Ah, he must only be a grunt.

"I'd like to see what you've done with it." He nodded, referring to the uniform. "But some other time of course. I do want to eat before my hair appointment." Oh yes, he had actually made an appointment for that. "Any ideas on what you'd like to eat?"  

Lural

Shirtless Lunatic

TawnyAngel

Predestined Inquisitor

PostPosted: Sun Sep 13, 2015 6:58 am
"Mmhumm, it's a little service I do," KO affirmed with a nod. "I don't change the styling so people can still wear them for official functions, I just make them fit better. They can be rather... sack-like off the rack, as I'm sure you've noticed. I'd be happy to show you though, and if you need any seams tweaked on yours I'd be happy to do so. It's a very quick job, only machine work other than a little detail or two, so it's not an expensive service."

Food though. Food. Humm. "Italian? Sushi? Or perhaps just somewhere that does nice sandwiches?" KO suggested with a shrug. "So long as it's not a greasy diner or fast food place I'll be content enough."

PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2015 12:25 am
If Mau were to be completely honest, he actually liked the sack-fit, at least a little. It made it much easier to fight hand to hand when there was a little wiggle room. "I might just come to you for a mending job. The fit is actually fine for mine." He laughed a little.

"I was thinking falafel." He said casually. "I'm feeling vegetarian today. There is enough meat at work that I'm... ah... ready for something else." Ok yeah, he really needed to get a few kitchen supplies so he could make his own food again. "Groudon's balls, what I wouldn't give to rent a kitchen right now and just cook something." He pushed his fingers through his hair. "I guess Sushi sounds alright though. It's light enough, and there's enough to chose from.  

Lural

Shirtless Lunatic

TawnyAngel

Predestined Inquisitor

PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2015 12:39 pm
KO shrugged and nodded; "Fair enough." He wasn't going to make an issue out of it and agent uniforms were a little less awful than grunt anyway, sometimes he thought that that was probably deliberate.

"And I could go for falafel," he continued, turning to head out of the shop. "Do you know a place? If not I know where we can go for sushi, either would suit me fine." Buttons could wait until after lunch perhaps, he was getting pretty hungry.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2015 12:56 pm
"Yeah, I know a place." It was just down the street, so they went to the car and dropped off their things, then Mau took over driving, just for part, since KO seemed he would rather drive. It was a little place, hard to spot among a lot of the bigger businesses in the area, but when you walked in, it just SMELLED like you were walking into food paradise. Everything they ordered was fresh and well made, spiced to perfection, moist, and not oily. And because he was feeling generous, Mau footed the bill for them both. (He could later tease KO that since he paid for lunch, KO could fix a seam or button or him for free or something.)

After lunch, the pair parted ways for a bit. Mau for his hair cut, KO for his button shopping, or whatever else he had planned for the day. They met up later. Mau, freshly shaven and clean cut was not ready to go back to base yet.  

Lural

Shirtless Lunatic

TawnyAngel

Predestined Inquisitor

PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2015 1:02 pm
"So then, what do you want to do?" KO drawled, holding his nails up for inspection but shooting Mau a smirking glance out of the corner of his eye. "Personally I was planning to head downtown to the bar strip and get some drinks, I've actually signed the car out overnight so there's no call for me to make it home this evening. I wouldn't mind some company if you fancy a little... liquid relaxation." Mau had been good company so far and while he was confident in his ability to find people to attach himself to in any given bar or club it took effort. Anyway it was never a bad thing to have a friend - or at least an ally - watching your back when you were drinking.  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2015 1:06 pm
Mau hadn't been drinking in a while. The idea was pretty appealing. "Sure." He said after a moment's thought. "It's our day off, might as well enjoy it. Every last drop, right?" He would have to be careful about how much he drank though. "You better not be a chatty drunk." He shot KO a smirk. Mau himself could get a little... punchy when he had too much.  

Lural

Shirtless Lunatic

TawnyAngel

Predestined Inquisitor

PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2015 1:12 pm
KO tsked and inspected the nails of his other hand. "Chatty drunk? Moi? I'll have you know that alcohol merely enhances my natural charm and wit. Until it disrupts my balance whereupon it's time to head home to bed or to somebody's bed anyway, whatever comes naturally at the time." Still smirking KO dropped his hand onto his hip and gestured at the world in general with his other hand. "So do you have any favourite places? I have a couple but I have a feeling they might not really be your sort of place if you take my meaning." He always felt safe at Prism though, partially because he knew the owners and... well partially because it was his sort of place, which meant that there were certain kinds of unpleasantness one didn't need to worry about.  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2015 1:17 pm
Mau blinked at him, processing what he was saying, but not quite grasping it. Or he wasn't sure he was totally grasping what KO was talking about. "Um... sure." Yeah no he didn't get it at all. "I don't really go out drinking, so I don't really have a place I go to. I'm usually a light wine drinker. But I've been feeling cooped up lately, so..." He shrugged and gave a vague gesture. "Let's just go somewhere and let loose." He would trust KO's choice of drinking establishment. But if he didn't like it, well, he was taking the keys and leaving.  

Lural

Shirtless Lunatic

TawnyAngel

Predestined Inquisitor

PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2015 1:23 pm
KO's eyebrows rose slightly and his smirk became slightly more evil. "You have no idea what I'm talking about do you? Well let's put it this way, my favourite bar is called Prism. As a man of science I'm sure you know what you get when you shine a light through a prism?" KO paused for a moment to allow the thought to sink in before adding; "So I'm more than happy for us to go there, it's my favourite, but if you'd rather somewhere more... mainstream shall we say I shan't object. Fair warning, if you go to Prism you will probably find yourself fending off admirers for half the evening."  
Roleplay

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff