Reply Roleplay
[FIN] Water is the Softest Thing Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Tymiko

PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2016 8:24 pm
Aquamarine demanded. The Ditto may have enjoyed being water-types, but it seemed to question whether or not the human male had a proper appreciation for them. As 'Carl' continued, though, the faux dragon-type twittered with laughter.

"Thank you. I hope she likes the name, too," Ty answered, still grinning. "And unfortunately, Ditto have to see a pokemon before they can transform into them. She can't just pick whatever she wants and change into it at will. For example, she could become an Omanyte like Enigma, here, but not an Omastar. Or if you released Mircalla again, she could turn into a Carvanha as well, but not a Sharpedo."

the transforming pokemon urged the red-haired man, eagerly shifting from foot to foot on her branch. really eats.> After all, to a fish pokemon, it wouldn't matter if sandwiches were soggy or not.

"Really?" Tymiko asked, a mischievous look in her eyes. "What about the legendary 'Beast of the Sea'? Ever heard of Lugia? I have a feeling you'd like those. They may not be dragon types - even if they also seem like they should be - but they're Psychic, so they can speak telepathically to anyone." She paused and frowned. "Aw, but I just remembered they're not water types, either. They should be, though, being called guardians of the seas..."

Whoops. There she was, prattling on again and wasting more of Carl's time. She smiled sheepishly when he told her it was nice to meet her. "Thanks. It was really great to meet you too, Carl. Well if you think of anything, I'm sure we'll meet again some time. Kodo's a small region and it'd be great to talk some more when we're both less busy. And...not soaking wet."

Taking out Enigma's pokeball, she withdrew him and put the small sphere with her others. "Oh - do you want to exchange numbers? Maybe we can keep in touch. That way we can tell each other about some good places to find cool water pokemon and things like that."

PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2016 2:47 pm
"Wot d'ya mean what's 'one good thing'? Ya got a whole bunch t' choose from! They 'ave the power o' bloody water 'f ya wanna know one bloomin' gurt boon they be 'avin'! Water beats e'rythin' in the end, ya know; bloody streams cut their way through mountains an' all that! 'Sides, 'ave ya seen them monsters like Kyogre, Gyarados, Sharpedo, eh?! Bloody magnificent!" Clancy waved a hand dismissively, as though trying to wave away the question regarding insults.
"Eh, noone likes bein' talked' 'bout wi'out knowin' 'bout what..."

To Tymiko, he smiled and then nodded toward Aquamarine.
"Could ask her if y' like? Oi, 'Reeny; 'ow'd ya like your name?" Clancy decided to go ahead and ask the bird anyway apparently.
He shrugged and seemed unperturbed, releasing the fish.
"Well, I'd like t' see that... 'Ey Mirc', we're just 'avin' Beaky try a thing, a'right?"

<< Tryin' a thing?! Ain't nothing she can bloody show ya that's better 'n the things /I/ can do!>>

Clancy's eyes were on the Ditto while he talked, and responded for most of the Lugia discussion.
"Ain't sure I 'eard o' them. Seems bloody silly 'avin' a 'Beast o' the Sea' that ain't no kinda water type. Anythin' like Kyogre? I like 'em."

The grunt considered it. Most of his contacts were fellow rockets, and while they were alright, he got the distinct impression that quite a few of them didn't think much of him, or thought themselves far smarter than he was.
It might be nice to have a contact outside of Team Rocket, especially one who liked water types.
He pulled out a very old flip-phone, having enough sense not to produce his rocket 'dex; the phone had been cheap- perfect for calling or texting a device in public if he ever needed to... and it was completely water-logged.
"Ah, sure- uh. Oh. Sorry luv, ain't lookin' like 's gonna be possible. Bugger... Don't think the bloody thing liked 'avin' a bloomin' bath..."  

Gwennythe
Crew

Feral Nerd

Tymiko

PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2016 10:31 pm
Tymiko stared at Clancy. "I know, right?!" she said, throwing out her hands. "No one seems to realize that water beats everything. Well...almost. But in video games and stuff, they almost never have water elemental things and I think it's because water is too powerful so it becomes god-modding. I mean, water itself covers most of the Earth and even makes up most of our bodies. Arceus, I'm so glad I'm not the only one who realizes that!"

Aquamarine clicked their beak in minor annoyance. They still didn't seem entirely convinced, but Tymiko seemed to agree with the man's reasoning and they supposed he made some good points. the shiny pokemon retorted.

real trouble like us pokemon do.>

Then the Altaria blinked and cocked its head. 'Carl' was offering to translate an answer from them for Tymiko? What an unusually nice gesture. Aquamarine answered proudly, puffing out their chest and raising their head. <-but then why are you calling me 'Beaky'?! You really have a thing against using proper names assigned to stuff, don't you, Carl? Maybe I'll make up my own names for you, too! How would you like that?>

Fixing its beady eyes on Mircalla when she was released, the Altaria let out a cry and dove at the fish. At the very last moment, just before its talons clasped about the Carvanha, it reverted to a Ditto and plopped upon the dark-and-water-type in the form of a shining, translucent blue mass. A few seconds later, however, what poked its head up from the water was a bright green Carvanha with a cyan blue underside.

sparkle
better than you,> it told its normal-colored double, chomping its large mouth menacingly. Aquamarine grinned toothily at Mircalla.

"Yeah, I guess it does seem kinda silly," Tymiko agreed with a small smile. "But in a lot of ways, they are like Kyogre. Besides both being legendaries, Lugia is said to live underwater. The original Lugia was even said to only emerge from the sea when the balance of nature was threatened. Kyogre and Lugia are also both very whale-like and are pretty dangerous predators. I hope you get to see or even meet one someday; I know I'd like to. They're native to the Johto region, but I've heard they've been seen every so often around here in Kodo, too."

At the sight of the phone, the girl blanched in horror. "Oh no! Now I owe you one of those, too!" Rummaging through her bag, she quickly produced a pen and a small piece of paper which she proceeded to write on. "Here! This is my number. Whenever you get the chance, you can call me using a phone at a pokemon center or something. I'll definitely work hard to battle and raise enough money to buy you a new phone. Just tell me which you want and I'll get it for you, I promise. It might just take a bit of time."

When she was finished, she handed the paper with her number to Clancy. "I guess at least this'll give us a reason to make sure we stay in touch until then, though," she added with a sheepish smile.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2016 11:39 am
Clancy grinned as he felt quite smart as Tymiko revealed she shared the same viewpoint regarding water types and water itself.
"Can't say I played a 'ole lotta video games t' be 'onest, but I'd be thinkin' y'd be darned bloody right 'bout it. Too much power f'r 'em t' work with an' all that."

He almost seemed to consider Aquamarine's point when she pointed out that he wouldn't know he was being talked about, so how could there be a problem, but there was no way he was admitting he was wrong, or that a pokémon had changed his mind, especially to said pokémon.
He did shrug when Aquamarine made her second point though and almost admitted to agreeing with her, or at least seeing her point.
"Eh... Ain't no one tryin' t' put me in a ball though, see. Not bloomin' likely they'd be able t' make a ball that could 'old my bloody greatness any'ow, y' know?"

He grinned at Tymiko.
"She says she loves 'er name." And then, to the bird/ditto herself. "And y' can do so if'n y' like, Beaky. Chances are, like ya bloomin' just said, I ain't gonna 'ear 'em if y're a different pokémon... 'Sides. I kinda like 'avin' nicknames."

Clancy didn't seem too concerned when Aquamarine went for his fish; there was a certain amount of confidence that Clancy reserved especially for Mircalla; he knew she wasn't the toughest pokémon in the world, but he seemed to believe she could hold her own.

Mircalla would have bristled if she'd had fur; she certainly gnashed her teeth at the bird-then-Ditto-then-fellow-Carvanha.
<< Ah, shuddup. So yeh can sparkle like some pretty liddle princess. Big whoop y' changeling 'mposter. Bloody trickster, y' are...>> The fish then gave the other fish a skeptical look. << An' 'ow the blazes would I tell 'im anyway, -I- can't speak to 'im can I?>>

"Sounds like a bloody cool critter this Loopya..." Clancy admitted, despite the revelation that said legendary wasn't actually a water type; it lived in the water, acted like a water legendary... it was intriguing enough for him. "I'll keep me eyes out f'r the gurt thing. Be darn sight more int'restin' than when 'at gurt Gorydon came t' the place. Big red terrifyin' nuisance 'e was."

He'd managed to scam 20 bucks when, in fact, he had a legitimate reason for her to owe him money... Clancy's brain registered that fact and quickly swept it away; an extra 20 was an extra 20 after wall. It was a win.

"Ah. Well. I'd just kinda like this 'un again?" He was satisfied with the scam of 20. He'd decided he rather liked Tymiko and, though he wasn't going to pass up having her replace his phone, he decided to stick with the amount it cost anyway.
He held out the phone to her in exchange for the piece of paper.
"Eh, time's fine, but this ol' thing ain't much." It was, really, just an old flip phone, and oddly devoid of contacts, Clancy's brain remembering numbers far better than it did names.

"Guess it does." He grinned. "But I don't wanna keep ya n'more from y' bloody dragon wotsit appointment 'r wotever y' was doin'..."  

Gwennythe
Crew

Feral Nerd

Tymiko

PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2016 8:32 am
"...Not bloomin' likely they'd be able t' make a ball that could 'old my bloody greatness any'ow, y' know?"

Laughter spilled from Tymiko at the comment, unable to contain her amusement. "I'm sure you're right," she agreed as her chuckles dwindled down. They started back up again the minute Clancy used 'Beaky' once more after just having confirmed that the pokemon liked its name.

The trainer hesitated when the Altaria dove, but since 'Carl' didn't seem bothered, Ty restrained herself from doing anything. He might have known something she didn't, like Aquamarine maybe being up to something different than she appeared to be. Turned out she just seemed to be teasing.

the shiny fish mused, using a large word she'd picked up from humans during her travels. Aqua playfully splashed Mircalla with her tail before leaping up out of the water to grin at Clancy before splashing back down. Perhaps he'd remember about the soggy sandwich he said he might give her.

"Awesome. Lemme know if you find one," Ty answered the man with a smile. "And yeah...that was certainly interesting, alright."

She tilted her head with a doubtful expression. "The same one? You sure? I can understand if you're used to it, I guess. But if you ever change your mind, just let me know."

Accepting the phone, she gave it a quick once-over before sticking it in her own pocket. Maybe the SD card or something could still be salvageable so its owner wouldn't have to re-enter all his old contacts in his new phone. She'd heard something a while back about rice being able to absorb water from drenched electronics, so maybe she could try that.

Putting her heels together, she straightened her posture before giving Clancy a salute. "Yes, sir. With my scatterbrain, I'll probably end up forgetting again and keep chatting you up all day. It's really fun to talk to you, Carl." She let her arm drop and beamed. "I'll let you get back to your fishing, though. Maybe Aqua and Mircalla can help scare some in your direction. I know that's how I get my pokemon to help me fish when we're doing it for food and not sport."

She gathered all her things and slung her bag across her shoulder before glancing back to wink. "See you around!"

Roleplay

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff