[PRP] Winding Down Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

TawnyAngel

Predestined Inquisitor

PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2016 2:06 pm
"Haha, maybe!" Taavi agreed with a broad grin and an expressive lift of his wiry shoulders. "It might help at least. And no it's not an official one," Taavi shook his head, "they have them in other areas of the city but it's not quite busy enough here to justify setting the space aside, it's just a bit quieter this end of the street than the other so, um, yeah it's where we usually meet! Ah, and yeah," as they drew close to the large bird Taavi nodded, "he's pretty average in size, but in the top percentile of awesome right Valour?"

Valour chuckled and lent over to butt his beak gently against Taavi's forehead in greeting. <> the braviary asked with a curious glance at Akira.

"This is Akira," Taavi introduced with a smile and a gesture to his companion. "Akira, Valour; Valour, Akira."

<> Valour bobbed his head amiably at the unfamiliar human, <>

PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2016 6:11 pm
"That's so cool! I had no idea," the older male remarked in awe. "And I've never seen the sort of pokemon that Valor is before. But I suppose that's because he's native to your region, huh?" He smiled at the pair of them but had only expected Taavi to speak.

When Valor acknowledged his trainer, Akira's amazement only grew. He wasn't able to respond to either until the Braviary greeted him. He bowed his head while still speechless, though he was unable to bow properly because he couldn't manage to tear his gaze away from the great bird of prey.

"Wh-whoa...Taavi, you didn't tell me Valor's species could talk," he laughed. "Are they like Chatot from Sinnoh? Until now, I thought Chatot were the only ones that could do that. Er, even if it's not...really...talking..."

It was slowly starting to dawn on Akira that something was peculiar was going on. Unless Taavi had trained him before hand to answer his questions exactly as he had, Valor seemed to be answering on his own; not simply repeating things like Chatot did.

Akira Midoriyama

Bashful Friend

TawnyAngel

Predestined Inquisitor

PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2016 2:34 pm
Taavi turned to Akira and stared. "Umm they can't," he said, drawing the words out as he processed what had just happened. A couple of moments later he beamed. "Ha! Well I guess we just found out what your communication type is! Either flying or normal, congratulations!" Aww, he was really happy for Akira but he was a bit jealous too! He wished he could have a real conversation with Valour, that would be amazing.

<> Valour continued to Akira with a squawk that was probably a pleased laugh. <>

PostPosted: Sat Jun 18, 2016 10:04 pm
Akira blinked a couple of times, attempting to make sense of what Taavi had just said. Communication type…? Did he mean with pokemon? “Wh-what?!” Looking frantically between Taavi and Valor, his eyes got wide while his pale complexion reddened. “You mean I can understand pokemon after all…?!”

It sure seemed like it, since Valour continued talking as if it was perfectly normal. Perhaps it was for him and the only thing that wasn’t normal was Akira being able to understand his speech. How peculiar! To think that pokemon might be talking like this all the time and there was simply a barrier of language!

"Wow...this is...oh Arceus I'm so sorry, Taavi!" he managed to say once he could formulate the words to speak."I wish I could give this ability to you!" Overcome by a mix of emotions, along with his surprise, Akira felt a little guilty that he would have been granted the ability to speak with a pokemon whose own trainer had known him so long and yet Taavi could not. It seemed even less fair to think that Taavi had moved to Kodo just to experience this phenomenon and Akira was the one who ended up discovering he had the ability first.

Still, if he could act as a translator, that might not have been so bad, right? Smiling sheepishly at Valour, the pale complexioned-trainer bowed to the bird pokemon. "Believe me, it's just as weird to us. Ah, Taavi, Valour says your hair looks nice today," he chuckled lightly. What a thing to be asked to relay. "Maybe this is good, though...maybe since I'm such a bad trainer, understanding pokemon, even just one type, will make me a better one. Valour, your and Taavi's bond sounds like it's so strong already that you probably don't need to tell each other much, huh? Other than about hair, hehe. Still...that's not to say that Taavi won't eventually develop an ability of his own too, now that he's here in Kodo, right?" He reached up to tug bangs, feeling awkward and finding himself babbling nervously. Now not only did he have Taavi to make a good impression on, but Valour, too, which made him all the more anxious.

Something still tugged at the back of his mind, however. "Wait...Taavi, you said either flying or normal?" Akira looked from the Braviary to his trainer. "Does that mean that Valour has two?" Huh...so it was possible for two people to be able to talk to the same pokemon even if they had different communication types. He hadn't even considered that.

Akira Midoriyama

Bashful Friend

TawnyAngel

Predestined Inquisitor

PostPosted: Sun Jun 19, 2016 9:27 am
"Seems like it!" Taavi replied with a broad grin, which softened to a smile as Akira went on. "Aww don't feel bad Akira, like you say I'm sure it'll happen for me eventually. And you're definitely not a bad trainer; inexperienced, yeah, but you care. Only people who don't care or aren't willing to learn are bad trainers, as far as I see it anyway." It would be pretty cool to get flying or normal type so that he and Valour could actually hold conversations but like Akira said they already understood one another pretty darn well.

<> Valour agreed with Akira. <>

Taavi grinned again at Valour and smoothed a hand back over his hair. "And thanks! I actually made the time to put conditioner in it last night for once, heh, it does make a difference." It took long enough to wash and dry his hair as it was though, adding the extra step wasn't always something he had the energy for.

"Oh, and yeah," Taavi nodded to Akira, "some pokemon, quite a lot of pokemon, have two types. Most bird-like pokemon are normal and flying types, in fact there's only one known pure flying type pokemon and that's a legendary! That's Tornadus. Then you have Noibat and Noivern which are primary flying, secondary dragon type. All other flying types have it as their secondary type, um, actually there's no real difference whether it's a primary or secondary type? I don't honestly know why they get classfied one way or the other, I guess it's just down to what the researchers think they're more 'like', but how does that explain birdy pokemon? I'd say they should be flying primary... buuuuut I'm rambling now," Taavi laughed at himself and shook his head, "I'll end up going on all day if you're not careful!"

Valour gave an amused squawk and lent over to give Taavi's hair a brief preen. <>

PostPosted: Thu Jul 28, 2016 5:24 pm
"I guess you're right," Akira conceded, referring to several points Taavi made while trying to comfort him. "I hope you're able to soon, though. I know when it happens, you'll definitely realize it faster than I did," he added with an embarrassed laugh. "And I can tell, Valour. It's only been a few minutes and the strength of the bond you two have already shows."

"Oh? And here I was thinking it was always that nice," the shop clerk teased Taavi in regards to his hair. So...most bird-like pokemon were normal and flying-types? That was interesting to note. And even weirder to think there was only one known pure flying-type pokemon. "Is Tornadus bird-like?" Noibat and Noivern didn't sound like bird-like pokemon, but they didn't really sound like dragon-like ones either, so Akira wasn't sure what to think. It seemed one couldn't judge a pokemon by its cover. Or, his case, its name.

"Yeah...I was just going to ask about why there are primary and secondary types," he chuckled. "Strange they would classify them that way without much reason. I don't think you're rambling!"

Grinning at the Braviary, the shop clerk translated, "Valour says your rambling is funny and endearing and he's sure I don't mind, which, of course, he's right about. I know you understand Taavi real well due to your bond with him, but maybe you're just good at comprehending people in general, Valour."

Something about Taavi's comment about going on all day was setting off alarms in Akira's head, however. Checking his watch, he nearly dropped his bag of Meat Palace leftovers when he saw the time.

"Kuso! I'm so sorry, Taavi, Valour - I was so caught up in our conversation that I forgot I have to head to work! Arceus, I'd even tried to order a small portion so I had time to finish it before my shift. So much for that plan." He slapped a palm to his face, ashamed by his forgetfulness. "I've got to go, but at least we exchanged numbers already, so I'll definitely contact you sometime soon! It was wonderful to meet you both and thank you so much for teaching me such a great deal!"

Akira Midoriyama

Bashful Friend

TawnyAngel

Predestined Inquisitor

PostPosted: Sun Aug 07, 2016 8:54 am
"Hehe, well, only because I'm waiting for it to happen!" Taavi replied with a wry grin. "Pretty weird to be looking forward to getting a headache right? Um and... yes and no? Tornadus has two forms, one of them is bird-like but the other's not." Just to make things more confusing right? Oh well.

"Oh! I'm sorry! I didn't mean to make you late!" Taavi exclaimed as Akira slapped his hand with his face. "Um, yeah, you'd best hurry then," he nodded, "I'll message you later? Take care, I hope you don't get in trouble!" Greeeeat way to make new friends Taavi, get them into trouble at work! Super!

Roleplay

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff