Submit

Magician Arcana

Eco-friendly Shapeshifter

21,915 Points
  • Hiss of Love 200
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Waffles! 25
PostPosted: Sat Oct 10, 2015 4:37 pm
Smiling, he shook his head slowly, "I'm not clinging to you, dumbass. You tracked me down outside of the base. And now YOU grabbed me to tell me off when I asked some pretty basic questions to make small talk.

"My idiot boyfriend knows nothing. If you're so afraid of me hurting you indirectly, then you wouldn't ******** appear out of nowhere. The rockets might be ******** up, but I doubt that any trouble I get into will reflect back onto my ex-roommate."

Quote:
(( 10/3/2015 12:12:35 AM ))

PostPosted: Sat Oct 10, 2015 4:39 pm
"And what makes you so sure it wasn't Akira I was looking for?" Izaya asked, fighting to keep his composition. "He knows more than he should. And I have an idea who told him, so you better watch your back. Both of you are connected to me in some way or other, and given the amount of times I've had the blame pinned on me in the past, I wouldn't bet on going free again."

Quote:
((Saturday, October 03, 2015 12:16:34 AM))

lZAYA ORlHARA

Chatty Informer

8,700 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Informer 100
  • Person of Interest 200

Magician Arcana

21,915 Points
  • Hiss of Love 200
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Waffles! 25
PostPosted: Sat Oct 10, 2015 5:09 pm
"So by that thought, anyone who has known or done business with you is a potential threat to your being at this very moment. Yes?" Adam peered at Izaya, his face calm.

Quote:
(( 10/3/2015 12:17:55 AM ))

PostPosted: Sat Oct 10, 2015 5:13 pm
"...Anyone who is still associating themselves with me. And even if it's indirectly, that one technically is." Izaya looked away.

Quote:
((Saturday, October 03, 2015 12:20:29 AM))

lZAYA ORlHARA

Chatty Informer

8,700 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Informer 100
  • Person of Interest 200

Magician Arcana

21,915 Points
  • Hiss of Love 200
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Waffles! 25
PostPosted: Sat Oct 10, 2015 5:20 pm
"Then, Akira no longer being in disguise would negate your worry. He'd be back to pre you. And if he WERE in disguise, how would or could that lead back to you?" Adam kept watching Izaya, "Furthermore, you know damn well Akira is about as straight laced as they come. There's not a snowballs chance in hell his vague association with you could cause you any issue. You didn't go looking for him."

Quote:
(( 10/3/2015 12:22:24 AM ))

PostPosted: Sat Oct 10, 2015 5:21 pm
"He's still going by the identity I sold him, isn't he? I don't see him running back home to Snowpoint just yet," the black-haired man replied. "And as long as he's in Kodo and he knows something about someone who's connected to me, who is known to be connected to the Rockets, that puts the organization in danger which in turn puts me in danger." He grimaced. "Akira is a kid who's run away from his responsibilities and family and actually paid to become poorer. That's how desperate he was. You call that straight-laced? Why wouldn't he sell you out to the League to stay here as a commoner?" He put up his fingers in air quotes. "Because he 'loves you'?"

Quote:
((Saturday, October 03, 2015 12:27:17 AM))

lZAYA ORlHARA

Chatty Informer

8,700 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Informer 100
  • Person of Interest 200

Magician Arcana

21,915 Points
  • Hiss of Love 200
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Waffles! 25
PostPosted: Sat Oct 10, 2015 7:22 pm
Adam shrugged limply, "There's nothing for him to sell out. He doesn't know I'm invovled here with the rockets." Adam sighed and sat down, crossing his legs, "But I'll bite. Let's say he could sell me out. You think he wouldn't because he loves me? I think he wouldn't because it's pointless. If there's one thing I know about rich people, it's this: They want to keep their money. After they couldn't find Akira straight off, they stopped. They must have. He wasn't shaping up to be a good heir to their company and they were losing money to try and find him. It's quicker, easier, and more effective to adopt a new heir. Or ********, have one of Akira's sisters marry someone so the business stayed in the family."

Quote:
(( 10/3/2015 12:31:08 AM ))

PostPosted: Sat Oct 10, 2015 8:06 pm
"Again - shows what you know. But I guess that's to be expected with your limited knowledge of families." A smirk turned up the corner of Izaya's mouth. "Disregarding the chance that they might actually care about him, money aside, there's their status and reputation to think about. The only heir to your family gone missing isn't something someone from that society takes lightly. Heirs are born, bred, and raised - not adopted. You think if it was that easy, he'd be feeling so guilty about it?"

Izaya laughed harshly. "It's important to have the right blood in family lines or they lose their prestiege. That's why sometimes even b*****d children with the family blood are taken from their mothers and accepted as heirs so long as they're male and given the right up-bringing."

"Those people don't think about what's 'easier quicker, and most effective'; they're not as efficient, practical, or as down-to-earth as you and I. They prefer drama, scandal, gossip, and blowing things out of proportion. Also, you think you know about rich people, but Akira was one too and he already doesn't fit your bill of 'wanting to keep his money'. You see how wrong your assumptions can be?"

Quote:
((Saturday, October 03, 2015 12:56:30 AM))

lZAYA ORlHARA

Chatty Informer

8,700 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Informer 100
  • Person of Interest 200

Magician Arcana

21,915 Points
  • Hiss of Love 200
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Waffles! 25
PostPosted: Sat Oct 10, 2015 8:19 pm
"Maybe," Adam conceded with a shrug, "But I also know Akira wasn't much of a heir to begin with. While he might have been raised and bred for the position, he didn't do very good. His sisters are options too. Wouldn't it be easier to say Akira committed suicide from depression after his wife died? That ties up everything neatly, leaves no room for scandal, and the money remains with them.

"The caring part... Maybe. Maybe you're right. Maybe you're right about all of it, but that doesn't really make a hill of beans towards you. They figure out you were the information broker who helped him hide. Guess what? Everyone already knows you're a Rocket. So where's the issue there? There is none. As for me, Akira has no information on me. I'm just some guy who does computer work as a job."

Sighing, he stretched, "Akira holds absolutely no weight in your life, no more than someone selling another person a bag of candy. It was a transaction, occurring before you were a Rocket. That's it. Looking for Akira makes no sense."

Quote:
(( 10/3/2015 1:12:48 PM ))

PostPosted: Sat Oct 10, 2015 8:20 pm
Izaya wagged a finger and shook his head. "One - who said he did badly? Disliking something doesn't make you bad at it. Two - his sisters aren't male, so they aren't options. Like I said, their society is traditional, not practical. They can't marry anyone, either, because then the one taking over wouldn't have the family blood unless they had a male child, and even then said child wouldn't carry the family name. Three - if Akira had wanted to disappear entirely, he could have. For some reason, though, he only paid for a new identity; not to erase his old one. Maybe he's more tied to his past than he'd care to admit."

Izaya's mouth twitched. "Doesn't he? Roommate?"

Quote:
((Saturday, October 03, 2015 1:17:21 AM))

lZAYA ORlHARA

Chatty Informer

8,700 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Informer 100
  • Person of Interest 200

Magician Arcana

21,915 Points
  • Hiss of Love 200
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Waffles! 25
PostPosted: Sat Oct 10, 2015 8:22 pm
Huffing out, Adam leaned against the bookcase more and smiled up at Izaya, "You're not gonna let that go man. Okay, Let's say everything you're saying is right. I certainly know his attachment to his old life is true. Akira is a very nostalgic man.

"But again, that doesn't reflect back to you. None of it can harm you."

Adam shook his head at the emphasized roommate, "I told Akira I used to have a roommate cause I was broke and needed it. Past tense. He pinned roommate to you without me saying anything and I agreed, but seeing as this was before, could easily be before you were a Rocket."

Quote:
(( 10/3/2015 1:26:00 AM ))

PostPosted: Sat Oct 10, 2015 8:23 pm
Damn it. None of it was working. It wasn't phasing Adam. Not the jab about his family or the bit about Akira maybe still having ties to his past. This was the powerlessness he had been hoping to avoid. This was the resilience against him that getting to know Izaya must have built up in Adam. This was why he was such a danger to the informant.

It made him desperate. "If you don't leave me alone, I'll make sure Akira is disposed of."

Quote:
((Saturday, October 03, 2015 1:37:06 AM))

lZAYA ORlHARA

Chatty Informer

8,700 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Informer 100
  • Person of Interest 200

Magician Arcana

21,915 Points
  • Hiss of Love 200
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Waffles! 25
PostPosted: Sat Oct 10, 2015 8:37 pm
Giving him a bored look, Adam leaned his hand into his cheek, "Tell me shumfin," He slurred through compressed lips. Picking his head up, he continued, "How's Delic doing?" Two could play at this game.

Quote:
(( 10/3/2015 1:39:39 AM ))

PostPosted: Sat Oct 10, 2015 8:40 pm
Izaya's face actually flushed slightly, though why wasn't clear. "I don't know!" he cried, forgetting his volume again. "The last time I tried to check on him was what landed me in this mess! He's probably blissfully living his life and none-the-wiser about what happened to me. I don't care! That has nothing to do with this!"

Quote:
((Saturday, October 03, 2015 1:41:38 AM))

lZAYA ORlHARA

Chatty Informer

8,700 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Informer 100
  • Person of Interest 200

Magician Arcana

21,915 Points
  • Hiss of Love 200
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Waffles! 25
PostPosted: Sat Oct 10, 2015 8:42 pm
The smile that came to Adam's face wasn't one that reveled in the flustered nature of Izaya. It was a smile you gave a stumped child, "You think he's blissfully uncaring? Cause when I met him, he certainly missed you. As a matter of fact, he was pretty unhappy to learn I was getting close to you. Kind of like a jealous lover, really. And I gotta say, I find it weird you have the ability to go outside, but you haven't tried to see him."

He let the words sink between them, "It has everything to do with this, Izaya. Absolutely everything."

Quote:
(( 10/3/2015 1:44:42 AM ))

Roleplay

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas