[Fin] Alfresco Living Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

TawnyAngel

Predestined Inquisitor

PostPosted: Thu Jan 07, 2016 3:57 pm
<> Swift replied. After a moment he added; <> It might only be put off for a little while but he was still glad of the reprieve.

Taavi remained where he was - still but relaxed - as the soft noises came out of the room, he didn't want to spook her with a sudden movement. When the Lopunny finally peeked around the door Taavi smiled softly and gave her a little wave. "Hello there, it's safe to come out if you'd like." This didn't seem like the time for adding a joke like 'I don't bite', most definitely not!

PostPosted: Thu Jan 07, 2016 4:40 pm
Isaac added with a touch of amusement.

Caleb grumbled from behind the chair.

the Espeon said brightly as he flicked his forked tail. He received only a grumble in reply.

Vanessa nearly ducked back inside again when Taavi opened his mouth, but his gentle words gave her pause. She hesitated a moment, her gaze flicking between him and the biscuit again. Slowly, slowly, she inched out from behind the door and crept closer, keeping a tight grip on her blanket she held round herself like a cloak; it hid almost her entire body except her orange feet. "That's a good girl," Abel said in a soft, encouraging voice as he reached over to pat her head a bit. Vanessa took the opportunity - after the head-pats, of course - to duck behind the blond so she could peek out at Taavi from behind his legs. This lasted but a moment or two, however, as she quickly stepped forward to grab the dish with one brown paw before she pulled it back behind Abel. That done, she dropped to her knees, grabbed the hood part of her blanket, and yanked it forward to turn her cloak into a one-pokemon tent. Satisfied with her dark sanctuary, the Lopunny settled down to eat her delicious biscuit. Abel had to press his hand to his lips and look away to prevent himself from chuckling at her. Instead, he cleared his throat and said, "Well, that's a little better than I expected."

BlackFireKitsune
Vice Captain

Tiny Lunatic

TawnyAngel

Predestined Inquisitor

PostPosted: Thu Jan 07, 2016 4:46 pm
<> Swift replied, recalling the time they'd met outdoors and - yes Caleb had been rather err... yes, rather the same then.

Dawwwwwww! Taavi watched Vanessa with a warm smile on his lips; the pokemon tent was too cute! "That's awesome," he agreed with Abel, looking up at him with a grin. He then looked back down at the blanket-bundle with a softer expression. "Thanks for coming out Vanessa, I hope the biscuit is good!" She obviously felt safe behind Abel, Taavi was feeling pretty sure now that his friend had rescued her from somewhere in some capacity or other. He thought about asking how the two of them had met but as it might not have been the happiest circumstances he decided to wait until Vanessa wasn't around, last thing he wanted to do was put her off her treat or something.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 07, 2016 5:01 pm
Isaac's expression shifted to one of faint amusement as he let the topic lapse.

Seeing as both Taavi and Vanessa were on the floor, Abel decided what the hell, why not? So he shifted to lean against the door frame so he could slide down to a sitting position with one leg stretched out in front of him. "I half expected her to just take it and run back into my room," the blond admitted as he looked down at the blanket, amused by the sounds of Vanessa thoroughly enjoying her biscuit. "I think she might have if she didn't bring her blanket. She loves that thing. Loves carrying it around, loves laying on it, loves hiding under it like this," he gestured to the bundle on the floor, "so I guess it gives her some sense of security or something? I'm not too sure, honestly," the blond admitted with a shrug.

Presently the tent rose a bit higher before part of it flew back and suddenly half of Vanessa's head was visible. One paw clutched the blanket tight around her, but the other was raised to her mouth so she could lick off the bits of honey and biscuit. "Good?" He asked her as he patted her head again; she made a pleased noise in response as she hugged her blanket around herself with both paws again. "Good." So saying, the blond ran his hand over her head beneath the blanket. "That was nice of Taavi to give you your favorite food, yeah? Maybe he'll give you another one sometime."

In response Vanessa flopped over Abel's leg, blanket-cloak and all, and made an eager noise, peeking shyly and hopefully up at Taavi from the safety of her blanket. Would he? Would he really?

BlackFireKitsune
Vice Captain

Tiny Lunatic

TawnyAngel

Predestined Inquisitor

PostPosted: Thu Jan 07, 2016 5:10 pm
"Well I can understand that," Taavi said with a smile to Abel and a nod to now partially visible Vanessa. "I had a blanket like that once, I took it anywhere I could get away with." He still remembered losing it actually, he'd left it behind in a diner and by the time they'd realised and gone back for it the place had been shut, and the next day when it opened nobody knew anything about a blanket. He'd been really upset about that at the time, but he had been about five or six or something he thought so it was understandable.

"And yeah, I'd sure like to," he agreed re: biscuits with honey, just about managing to stop himself from squeeing over the unbelievable cuteness of the flopped over Lopunny. "And it's really nice to meet you Vanessa, I'm glad you enjoyed it!"

PostPosted: Thu Jan 07, 2016 5:30 pm
"Heh. I think a lot of kids had blankets like that," he mused aloud. Not that he was one of them, of course, but he knew plenty that did. "I'm wondering if she'll do the same, but she hasn't wanted to leave the apartment since I brought her here." This was turning out better than he'd expected, but maybe that had something to do with the honey? It baffled him how much she absolutely adored the stuff. "See?" He said to Vanessa as he stroked her head again; she made a pleased noise and leaned into his hand. After a moment she sat herself up and, though she kept the blanket wrapped around her, she let it sit down around her shoulders rather than up over her head, so Abel leaned forward to rub a hand over the upper part of her ears. "That would be nice if he gave you another biscuit with honey, yeah? Maybe tomorrow. You know he's nice, there's nothin' to worry about. So, Taavi," he shifted his focus to his guest while he kept petting the soft yellow fur, "you're okay with crashing on the couch? I think I might have a spare blanket somewhere. Well, one besides this one, anyway," he nodded towards Vanessa's blue blanket, "and I might have a spare pillow in a closet somewhere. I'm not sure how much you brought with you or what you might need," the blond admitted. "I don't really have people stay over that often."  

BlackFireKitsune
Vice Captain

Tiny Lunatic

TawnyAngel

Predestined Inquisitor

PostPosted: Fri Jan 08, 2016 8:14 am
Waaaaaht? That was... unusual, just a little bit unusual. Those looked like antennae? And the yellow colour.... He was definitely reminded of something but he wasn't sure just at the moment what it was. Well, Kodo really did have no shortage of strange pokemon hu?

Aware that he'd probably stared in surprise a bit Taavi gave Vanessa an apologetic smile. "Heh, sorry I zoned out there at bit, your ears are very pretty!" They were! Strange but pretty. He hoped he hadn't upset her by commenting, some people were pretty sensitive about being different.

Turning back to Abel Taavi nodded. "The couch is great, thank you! Um, I've got a sleeping bag thanks and that's really all I need."

Mothim! That was what he was reminded of! The antannae were just about dead on in fact, and the colour on her ears, and her eyes. Now that was... how did that even happen? For one thing completely different egg groups and for another Mothim was a male only species.... This was something to ask Abel about later he felt, when Vanessa wasn't around.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 08, 2016 9:16 am
While she mostly focused on how nice ear pettings felt, she did keep an eye on Taavi too just in case. She shrank a little under the force of his stare - light as it was - but recovered a bit when he complimented her. That was okay, right?

"All right," Abel said with a nod. Well that was good, one or two less things he had to hope he had still while rummaging through every closet or storage place he had in his apartment. He knew there was another blanket somewhere, he just wasn't sure where. "Just don't fall off the couch in that sleeping bag of yours. What about Swift and Melody?"

BlackFireKitsune
Vice Captain

Tiny Lunatic

TawnyAngel

Predestined Inquisitor

PostPosted: Fri Jan 08, 2016 9:21 am
Phew, he'd managed not to upset her, good!

"Heh, well it's not far to the floor right? I'll be good," Taavi replied with a grin. "And, uh, Swift usually sleeps on my feet and Melody seems to like resting in her pokeball best so that's easy." If Valour came inside it might be best for him to stay in his pokeball too, he was fairly large, but they could deal with that when they came to it. "Oh, and, I brought cards and a couple of travel games if anyone wants to play something?" Entertainment was good, right?

PostPosted: Fri Jan 08, 2016 9:34 am
He gave a little 'hah' of a laugh. "Yeah, I suppose that's true, huh?" He gave a short nod in reply - he was a little glad his pokemon didn't need much either - but he gave Vanessa's ears a final pat before he sat up a little straighter, his expression brightening a tad. "Oh s**t, card games," he said eagerly. "I haven't played card games in forever. I'd definitely be up for one if you want to play."  

BlackFireKitsune
Vice Captain

Tiny Lunatic

TawnyAngel

Predestined Inquisitor

PostPosted: Fri Jan 08, 2016 9:43 am
"Great!" Taavi unfolded himself, slowly so as not to spook Vanessa, and stretched. "I'll go grab the cards, I hope you like go fish and snap! Hehe, kidding, though if you do want to play either I don't mind!" Considering how the day had begun he was really very glad to be finishing it by playing cards with a friend, even if the game did end up being snap.  
Roleplay

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff