PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2005 11:31 am
Katinchen012
Sai-kun
Amikins
Katinchen012
MadAristocrat
BlackHat
I adore this manga crying

But does anyone agree it should/ could have been much longer. A series like that could have lasted 15 straight volumes and still have ran well. I feal like we were cut short.. sad

*agrees completely* 3nodding

Yes, you're right... There are so many fairy tales left she could have used, I wish she would've done it...

XD I wonder what she'd to Cinderella X3

She'd probably have loads of fun with the original European version that has the evil stepmother sentenced to wear red-hot iron shoes and dance until she falls over dead...

Didn't she use the shoes with Snow White? (is this the name in Englsih? sweatdrop )

Hmm...you might be right...I'll have to look at the manga again...  
PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2005 11:50 am
Katinchen012
Sai-kun
Amikins
Katinchen012
MadAristocrat
BlackHat

But does anyone agree it should/ could have been much longer. A series like that could have lasted 15 straight volumes and still have ran well. I feal like we were cut short.. sad

Yes, you're right... There are so many fairy tales left she could have used, I wish she would've done it...

She'd probably have loads of fun with the original European version that has the evil stepmother sentenced to wear red-hot iron shoes and dance until she falls over dead...

Didn't she use the shoes with Snow White? (is this the name in Englsih? sweatdrop )

I need to check the manga again...you might be right...  

Sai-kun
Captain

Dapper Fairy

9,300 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Beta Forum Regular 0

Kamikaze Pedestrian
Crew

PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2005 1:47 am
Amikins
Katinchen012
MadAristocrat
BlackHat

Or hans and Grethel! That tale is pretty morbid in it's original form, with the oven and such... I'm almost a little scared to think of it in Yuki mode.  
PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2005 8:21 am
Sanekazura
Amikins
Katinchen012
MadAristocrat
BlackHat

Or hans and Grethel! That tale is pretty morbid in it's original form, with the oven and such... I'm almost a little scared to think of it in Yuki mode.

I think she mentioned this too... Yes, there is said something about two children from next village who burned an old lady to death and stole all her gold. These fairytales are quite cruel, I think... Probably that's why they can be used by Kaori Yuki so well.  

Katinchen012

Kamikaze Pedestrian
Crew

PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2005 5:43 am
Katinchen012
Sanekazura
Amikins
Katinchen012
MadAristocrat
BlackHat

I think she mentioned this too... Yes, there is said something about two children from next village who burned an old lady to death and stole all her gold. These fairytales are quite cruel, I think... Probably that's why they can be used by Kaori Yuki so well.

Oh, you're right... In the "Little red riding hood" episode, wasn't it?

Yeah, she has something to build on. Just like she had something to build on when she did AS.  
PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2005 1:37 am
Oh damn it all, I went in and spoiled myself lol

I've only read up to the Sleeping Beauty chapters... where in the net would I find the rest of 'em?  

chained_inside

alicelights

PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2005 10:23 am
Muterari
I really like this series...I've only read what is on s-c, but the characters are great...and those old fairy tales are twisted...she just made them more explicit. I love Ludwig's relationship with his poor servant...

Bwa ha, at the back of the Takubon is an adorable picture of our prince and Wilhelm. It's so sweet. I'll scan it if anybody hasn't seen it!  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 02, 2005 3:30 am
I thought she might end up continuing the magna. She seems to like leaving things openended though. Neji is a good example of that. She could easily continue it.

Spoiler Warning
Note: I do not read Japanese characters, so I won't quote anything or give proper chapter titles.

Chapter 1: Snow White
A quick note, there's a little page that s-c left out. It apears to be something to do with Prince Ludwig talking to someone, but it's not to specific. The story follows the basic idea of Snow White. She twists the black as ebony part of the story to make an evil-ish princess. The things she kept acurate to the Snow White tale are, the bird carrying the princesses ribbon, the poison apple, and the step mother dancing in red hot shoes 'till she dies. This is the only chapter that you really see the prince's necrophilliac tendencies. I get the feeling he only does that to girls that detest him while they are alive.

Chapter 2: Red Riding Hood
This is a quick side story to develop the relatshionship between Ludwig and Wilhelm. I do believe the actuall Red Riding Hood story did involve gold that the wolf stole or something, but I can't be sure 'cause I've read tons of variations on the story. I think the reason the woodcutter helps red riding hood and the grandmother out is so that he can get a share in the gold or something.

Chapter 3: Sleeping Beauty
This chapter shows more of Ludwigs lust and vanity. It also greatly emelishes the Sleeping Beauty story. The only things Yuki stuck to were the basics: fairy gets pissed at not being invited to the party, curses baby princess, princess grows up and pricks her finger, castle is sealed in thorns untill a valiant and strong prince can come to her rescue, prince sees princess and kisses her. Everything else is complete embelishment. ^^ This chapter also reveals Ludwigs 'big breast radar' and shows his sadistic flair.

Chapter 4: The story with the blackbeard
I have no idea if this story is based off a fairy tale or not. If it is it's not one I know of. :p

YaminoSadame

Kamikaze Pedestrian
Crew

PostPosted: Sat Jul 02, 2005 9:15 am
YaminoSadame

I have no idea if this story is based off a fairy tale or not. If it is it's not one I know of. :p

There is a fairytale with that name, but it's not a folk tale. I tried to find the name of the author, but I can't remember where I read it. sweatdrop I think it's written in the 19:th century, but I'm not sure.  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 02, 2005 1:17 pm
Sanekazura

There is a fairytale with that name, but it's not a folk tale. I tried to find the name of the author, but I can't remember where I read it. sweatdrop I think it's written in the 19:th century, but I'm not sure.

It probably is a fairy tale, just not one I'm familar with. I've heard of blackbeard as a pirate, but the last fairy tale is unfamilar. I wouldn't be to hard to find if I knew the tales country of origin.  

YaminoSadame

Katinchen012

PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2005 12:38 pm
YaminoSadame
Sanekazura

It probably is a fairy tale, just not one I'm familar with. I've heard of blackbeard as a pirate, but the last fairy tale is unfamilar. I wouldn't be to hard to find if I knew the tales country of origin.

At first, I'm absolutely not sure if I remeber correctly, but I think Blue Beard was mentioned in one of my favourite books.
There was said Blue Beard was a king who had a big castle, and once he went away and gave his wife(I believe it was his... what was it? 10th? 50th? 100th? wife) the keys for all doors in the castle. Before he departed the king said to his wife that she could open every door except one. This one was absolutely forbidden, but, curious as she was, she ignored what he said ans opened the door.
I don't know more, sorry^^''
Have to read the book again... Or search google...  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2005 1:29 pm
Katinchen012

At first, I'm absolutely not sure if I remeber correctly, but I think Blue Beard was mentioned in one of my favourite books.
There was said Blue Beard was a king who had a big castle, and once he went away and gave his wife(I believe it was his... what was it? 10th? 50th? 100th? wife) the keys for all doors in the castle. Before he departed the king said to his wife that she could open every door except one. This one was absolutely forbidden, but, curious as she was, she ignored what he said ans opened the door.

Hmmm.... Do you remember the name of the story? My parents collected old fairytale books. I might be able to find it in there.

Gah, who said anime/manga was bad for you? I do so much research on various anime/manga related topics it makes me a genius in my history/culture/language/geography courses. xp

YaminoSadame

Moonlit Masquerade

PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2005 6:17 pm
Sanekazura
YaminoSadame

I've read Blackbeard, except it's called Blue Beard when I read it. It's the same thing. It's pretty morbid, so imagine Kaori Yuki's version xd  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2005 7:29 am
YaminoSadame
Katinchen012

Hmmm.... Do you remember the name of the story? My parents collected old fairytale books. I might be able to find it in there.

Gah, who said anime/manga was bad for you? I do so much research on various anime/manga related topics it makes me a genius in my history/culture/language/geography courses. xp

It's not an old fairytale book but a fantasy/sci-fi novel written by Marion Zimmer-Bradley, but you don't have to look, I found something...
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bluebeard
There's a description of the fairytales's content.  

Katinchen012

YaminoSadame

PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2005 12:50 pm
Katinchen012

It's not an old fairytale book but a fantasy/sci-fi novel written by Marion Zimmer-Bradley, but you don't have to look, I found something...
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bluebeard
There's a description of the fairytales's content.

Hmm... I see. Maybe that's where the story does come from.  
Gothic Fairyland - the official Kaori Yuki guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff