Welcome to Gaia! ::

The United Nations of Gaia v2

Back to Guilds

Promoting and exploring multiculturalism on Gaia. 

Tags: united, nations, gaia, international 

Reply Chatterbox
Introduction Thread Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 8 9 10 11 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Memo Memo Shimo

PostPosted: Sun Apr 03, 2016 7:45 pm
Hello, I'm Memo~!

I'm an East Coaster from America. I like chess, tea, ASMR, and anime stuff. I study Psychology as a major, History and English as a minor, and have an associates in Education. I also used to act in high school; my favorite roles were Artemidorus/3rd commoner in Julius Caesar, Gillie in The Solid Gold Cadillac, and Earl Williams in The Front Page. Despite how my avatar looks, I'm a guy.

I'm native in English, can speak toki pona, and am studying Japanese. I also have an interest in Mandarin and ASL but I'm sticking to one language at a time. My friend owns an anime image board in which I'm the moderator. I'm more active there than on Gaia, but I'm sure to pop in now and again.

Speaking of Gaia, my first account is from 2009-ish I think. I used to roleplay a lot on it, good times!  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 03, 2016 7:53 pm
Memo Memo Shimo
Hello, I'm Memo~!

I'm an East Coaster from America. I like chess, tea, ASMR, and anime stuff. I study Psychology as a major, History and English as a minor, and have an associates in Education. I also used to act in high school; my favorite roles were Artemidorus/3rd commoner in Julius Caesar, Gillie in The Solid Gold Cadillac, and Earl Williams in The Front Page. Despite how my avatar looks, I'm a guy.

I'm native in English, can speak toki pona, and am studying Japanese. I also have an interest in Mandarin and ASL but I'm sticking to one language at a time. My friend owns an anime image board in which I'm the moderator. I'm more active there than on Gaia, but I'm sure to pop in now and again.

Speaking of Gaia, my first account is from 2009-ish I think. I used to roleplay a lot on it, good times!
Welcome aboard! I thought about learning Japanese myself. xd And tea = heart  

Aozora ~Blue Sky~
Captain

Girl-Crazy Tycoon

10,450 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Clambake 200
  • Bunny Spotter 50

Memo Memo Shimo

PostPosted: Sun Apr 03, 2016 7:56 pm
Aozora ~Blue Sky~
Memo Memo Shimo
Hello, I'm Memo~!

Tea is love, tea is life.
Japanese is pretty easy, the hard part is remembering their writing system because there's so many characters. But it's fun and there's lots of resources to help you out.

I also like to cook a bit, I forgot to mention.  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 03, 2016 8:00 pm
Memo Memo Shimo
Aozora ~Blue Sky~
Memo Memo Shimo
Hello, I'm Memo~!

Japanese is pretty easy, the hard part is remembering their writing system because there's so many characters. But it's fun and there's lots of resources to help you out.

If it were useful to my history and religious studies degrees I'd take it for sure. xd Unfortunately Latin, Greek or Hebrew would be more useful to me.

I also like to cook. heart I love cooking with pasta.  

Aozora ~Blue Sky~
Captain

Girl-Crazy Tycoon

10,450 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Clambake 200
  • Bunny Spotter 50

Memo Memo Shimo

PostPosted: Sun Apr 03, 2016 8:06 pm
Aozora ~Blue Sky~
Memo Memo Shimo
Aozora ~Blue Sky~
Memo Memo Shimo
Hello, I'm Memo~!

If it were useful to my history and religious studies degrees I'd take it for sure. xd Unfortunately Latin, Greek or Hebrew would be more useful to me.

Hebrew sounds like an interesting language to learn, I had a friend who spoke it and Arabic. It seems a little hard to pronounce though, lots of throat work.
But the sound of it, can I take it that your religious studies focus more on The Bible and The Qur'an than anything else?  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 03, 2016 8:11 pm
Memo Memo Shimo
Aozora ~Blue Sky~
Memo Memo Shimo
Aozora ~Blue Sky~
Memo Memo Shimo
Hello, I'm Memo~!

Hebrew sounds like an interesting language to learn, I had a friend who spoke it and Arabic. It seems a little hard to pronounce though, lots of throat work.
But the sound of it, can I take it that your religious studies focus more on The Bible and The Qur'an than anything else?
I'm trying to focus more on comparative studies. The religion I'm most interested in is actually Zoroastrianism as it has a lot of similarities with the Abrahamic religions as well as Hinduism, plus it has a lot of Babylonian influence. But Memorial University here in St. John's doesn't do much beyond the Abrahamic religions.  

Aozora ~Blue Sky~
Captain

Girl-Crazy Tycoon

10,450 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Clambake 200
  • Bunny Spotter 50

Harumi Deux

Thankful Waffles

11,350 Points
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Waffles! 25
  • Magical Girl 50
PostPosted: Sun Apr 03, 2016 8:11 pm
Aozora ~Blue Sky~
Harumi Deux
Aozora ~Blue Sky~
Harumi Deux
Aozora ~Blue Sky~
Harumi Deux
Hello! Thank you very much for the invitation to join the Guild! emotion_kirakira
My name is Harumi and I've been on Gaia since 2008. I am 22 years old (will turn 23 on May 16th) and I've been living in Brazil since I was six years old. I am in my 2nd year of Law and my hobbies and interests tend to vary a lot.
I enjoy drawing, reading, writing my own stories, watching series, TV shows, movies, anime; penpalling, postcrossing, collecting stamps, playing videogames, listening to music, visiting art exhibitions and spending some time with my family, pets and friends. emotion_bigheart
I've been learning German, Italian and Japanese by myself and I am always trying to improve my English and my Spanish. yum_puddi
I hope we can all be great friends! emotion_kirakira
Welcome aboard. You had me at stamps. owo Do you trade?

Thank you! yum_strawberry Oh my, yes, I do! I can get you all the newest brazilian stamps. Also, I know where to get older ones aswell. emotion_kirakira
I inherited my father's collection and have been slowly combining them with my own. Thankfully I found Colnect and it's helped me sort out what I have. I'm making custom albums and updating the site as I go. I still haven't finished sorting my US and Canada stamps but Germany, Romania, Hungary, Newfoundland, Australia and Czechoslovakia are completely up to date. I'll do Brazil next and let you know when I'm ready to trade. 3nodding I think I might make a stamps thread. I can show you my albums then. heart

That's so awesome! My collection isn't that big yet, I have stamps mainly from Brazil, the US, Italy, Poland, England, Ukraine, China, Thailand, Romania and Germany. I got almost all of them from my penpals' letters. emotion_bigheart
At the beginning, I didn't know how to organize them. I was so glad when I found Colnet! It really helped me to organize everything. emotion_kirakira
I will make sure to comment on that thread gaia_kittenstar
So you already have an account? xd You should add me as a friend. 3nodding I noticed you never mentioned Canada. I can definitely help with that. 3nodding

Well, I had one haha I can't remember my password, so nowadays I just browse the website to check if I am organizing my stamps in the right order. emotion_awesome
OH really? That's so nice, thank you! I can't wait for trading stamps with you emotion_kirakira

PostPosted: Sun Apr 03, 2016 8:16 pm
Harumi Deux
Aozora ~Blue Sky~
Harumi Deux
Aozora ~Blue Sky~
Harumi Deux

Thank you! yum_strawberry Oh my, yes, I do! I can get you all the newest brazilian stamps. Also, I know where to get older ones aswell. emotion_kirakira
I inherited my father's collection and have been slowly combining them with my own. Thankfully I found Colnect and it's helped me sort out what I have. I'm making custom albums and updating the site as I go. I still haven't finished sorting my US and Canada stamps but Germany, Romania, Hungary, Newfoundland, Australia and Czechoslovakia are completely up to date. I'll do Brazil next and let you know when I'm ready to trade. 3nodding I think I might make a stamps thread. I can show you my albums then. heart

That's so awesome! My collection isn't that big yet, I have stamps mainly from Brazil, the US, Italy, Poland, England, Ukraine, China, Thailand, Romania and Germany. I got almost all of them from my penpals' letters. emotion_bigheart
At the beginning, I didn't know how to organize them. I was so glad when I found Colnet! It really helped me to organize everything. emotion_kirakira
I will make sure to comment on that thread gaia_kittenstar
So you already have an account? xd You should add me as a friend. 3nodding I noticed you never mentioned Canada. I can definitely help with that. 3nodding

Well, I had one haha I can't remember my password, so nowadays I just browse the website to check if I am organizing my stamps in the right order. emotion_awesome
OH really? That's so nice, thank you! I can't wait for trading stamps with you emotion_kirakira
My ever changing swap list. 3nodding  

Aozora ~Blue Sky~
Captain

Girl-Crazy Tycoon

10,450 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Clambake 200
  • Bunny Spotter 50

Yazzah

Heroic Kitten

PostPosted: Sun Apr 03, 2016 11:46 pm
Sky ExSoul
Thanks for the invite whahaha
I'm Sky from Australia ahaha ~ 20 y/o.
Currently studying and have no idea what to do with my life ahahaha... emotion_yatta
Looking forward to making some friends in this guild ;D

Yazzah
Hello & thank you for the invitation!
My name is Yasemin and I'm from Australia!
Born and raised here.
I am 22 and I enjoy gaming a lot, drawing/making graphics, anime/manga, movies, tv shows and chatting to friends.
That's pretty much it xD.
Hope to make some new buddies here!
Awwww yiss another Aussie XD

Hey there!
Good to see another Aussie :b

PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2016 2:24 pm
Aozora ~Blue Sky~
K-Nesss
Welcome aboard! And welcome back! xd I once took a 2 year hiatus myself.

Thank you, i dont know how i ended up in your guild but i like it smile
its quite odd returning after a significant period of time, a lot has changed- like the absence of tektek and zomg! so weird.

K-Nesss

Aozora ~Blue Sky~
Captain

Girl-Crazy Tycoon

10,450 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Clambake 200
  • Bunny Spotter 50
PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2016 2:27 pm
K-Nesss
Aozora ~Blue Sky~
K-Nesss
Welcome aboard! And welcome back! xd I once took a 2 year hiatus myself.

Thank you, i dont know how i ended up in your guild but i like it smile
its quite odd returning after a significant period of time, a lot has changed- like the absence of tektek and zomg! so weird.
Fishing is down too. I invited you. 3nodding I've been sending out random invites to people I think might be interested. xd  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2016 2:47 pm
Aozora ~Blue Sky~
Fishing is down too. I invited you. 3nodding I've been sending out random invites to people I think might be interested. xd

Strange- i got Grade F fish bait in the daily chance thing, haha.
thank you for inviting me then
whee  

K-Nesss

Aozora ~Blue Sky~
Captain

Girl-Crazy Tycoon

10,450 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Clambake 200
  • Bunny Spotter 50
PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2016 2:56 pm
K-Nesss
Aozora ~Blue Sky~

Strange- i got Grade F fish bait in the daily chance thing, haha.
thank you for inviting me then
whee
They took it down to update the code, add new fish and new fishing spots. . . It's been almost a year now though. I'm gettin g worried.

And the pleasure is mine. 3nodding Glad to have you here.  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2016 11:45 pm
Ni hao..
My name is Hias.. I'm a javanese guy from Indonesia (despite the greetings).
I like everything about people.. Listen to them better.. I like listen to what's people have in mind, though i dont always help.. But it's nice to listen...

English is not my native language.. I learned english from games, comics, meme, movies, and being with peoppe who speak english for 2 years.. So you can't expect me to speak very well...

I like this site because of the avi we have... I spend most of my time changing avi more and more..(though is not that good)..

If you have stories to tell, i will be glad to listen...
Greetings from Indonesia~  

TenFourth

Browser

Aozora ~Blue Sky~
Captain

Girl-Crazy Tycoon

10,450 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Clambake 200
  • Bunny Spotter 50
PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2016 11:48 pm
TenFourth
Ni hao..
My name is Hias.. I'm a javanese guy from Indonesia (despite the greetings).
I like everything about people.. Listen to them better.. I like listen to what's people have in mind, though i dont always help.. But it's nice to listen...

English is not my native language.. I learned english from games, comics, meme, movies, and being with peoppe who speak english for 2 years.. So you can't expect me to speak very well...

I like this site because of the avi we have... I spend most of my time changing avi more and more..(though is not that good)..

If you have stories to tell, i will be glad to listen...
Greetings from Indonesia~
Welcome aboard! Your English is better than my Indonesian. xd  
Chatterbox

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 8 9 10 11 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas