Welcome to Gaia! ::

*~ International Chinese Unite ~*

Back to Guilds

Dedicated to bringing Chinese and friends from all over the world together. 

Tags: China, Chinese, friendship, Culture 

Reply *~ International Chinese Unite ~*
QUESTION: In the ICU Guild, are discussions allowed? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Lai Woun

PostPosted: Sat Apr 16, 2005 1:36 am
cold_blooded_chick
who? what? when? where? how? who? xp
ditto  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 16, 2005 9:22 am
cold_blooded_chick
who? what? when? where? how? who? xp
i don't know anything you can come up with... or how bout how come college students are so poor?  

yalie5

melonsoda

PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2005 11:17 am
Wow, I haven't gone to this guild in a month or so, and this is what i find...

Charles, I hope you read this, I wrote this as a way for you to see my perspective too... so that we can both become more understanding about this situation.

My perspective: the only reason I was offended so much in the beginning was because you mentioned something that really hits home to me... For me, I've been an ebay seller since I was 17 (i know, we're suppose to use ebay after 18, but I started early, using my sister's account). I've been selling and buying on ebay and earning some extra pocket money. I've tried to become a good seller, as well as not to cheat other people of their money or anything, and worked really hard for my reputation. I guess in a way, I try not to "exploit" other people that much and I would definitely give them a lot of gifts back in return for purchasing from me. The hard work paid off, I've became an ebay power seller half a year ago ^^; with many happy customers who are happy with the extra little things I do for them. I know as stupid as it sounds, sometimes I lose money on the shipping. This may make me a stupid salesperson, but I feel that, it doesn't matter sometimes, lose some, gain some... ^.^ As long as people are happy 3nodding

I know that we all have to find a way of survival, and that you can say "everyone exploits everyone", but I don't think that that is always the case? At least I try to be as less as possible. For example, some of the people on gaia, would buy out a single item (like the baby seal/penguin slippers for example), so that the price would rise, and people who want it would pay more. I'm not like that, and I really find it unneccessary to earn that much from new users.

I know, I buy and sell on gaia too, but if there are new gaia users, I would most likely sell them the items at the same price I get them or sometimes even lower just to help them out, or give them free little gaia gifts, so i hope that it's not what you would say "exploit" them? At least I try not to i guess... you can still debate and say i do, i don't know, it's up to you ^_^

But anyways, I'm writing this mostly because I don't want you to carry this perspective that people are not willing to listen. I have to admit that, I was stubborn 2 months ago when i was sparking that debate with you, that I didn't listen much to your side. But I also do hope that, you will see that, sometimes, there's more to life than just buy and sell and exploit. There's also the perspective of emotion to it. I don't really know how to explain it through writing words (I do better when i say it in person), i just hope that you won't get carried away from buying and selling that you forget about others too.

I'm not here to flame you or anything, so don't get offended, I'm not mad or unhappy about this situation anymore, and I hope you won't too. I'm sorry that this situation made you feel bad in anyway.

But also, another point was, I wasn't too happy because the "argument or discussion" we had 2 months ago, you did sound a bit arrogant. I know I sound really b*tchy too, and I have definitely learned from it and for that I will definitely seek to change that b*tchy attitude of mine, but I hope that you too will try to learn something from this experience. I just think it's better to say things in a nicer way, for you and for me too. Please dont' think that I am here to flame you, and in no way, am i here to offend you. I just really hope that we can both let this go. For you, For me, and also for "wiim" who's stuck between two friends in real life.

If there are anything you want to discuss with me, you can PM me or ask wiim for my msn, and I'll reply to explain as best I could.

Best wishes,
MeLoN  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2005 11:31 am
MeLoN,

I'm glad there's no animosity between us, my experience on ebay has also taught me alot -- mostly that the buyer's don't read or fully understand the whole listing before purchasing. stare

All joking aside, my apologies for sounding arrogant, I've made an effort (debatable I guess) to make a change. My apologies if I offended you as well, but let's not be blunt. On eBay, I was out to make a profit and all costs... I didn't care about my customers although I gave them the impression of it (until I recieved my positive feedback).

I made powerseller in 2 months and kept it until I got myself suspended for overly-aggressive marketing against rival sellers about 2 months later. I upset my whole niche of sellers with a sell-low-sell-fast mentality which likely contributed to my downfall.

I'm now applying this experience to the Marketplace and (although hardly as profitable in real-life terms) it still works like charm.

I know you're not like that and for that I commend you! smile It's not easy to find honest sellers on eBay -- having been a seller myself I am very skeptical now of all transactions. I've always had a Darwinian mindset and perhaps now that I'm seeing both sides of the argument better, maybe I'll ease off of it.

I know your intentions were good and I think it's safe to say we were both stubborn (myself moreso) but I also think it's been 2 months so let's let our bygones be bygones. As a friend once told me, "let sleeping dog's lie."

Thanks for writing to me, I really appreciate the response,
Charles

P.S. Happy Selling, Marketplace and eBay.  

tamcharles

Profitable Businessman

9,325 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Wall Street 200
  • Overstocked 200

yalie5

PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2005 11:51 am
um.... is that the topic? selling? sweatdrop hehe i'm not sure if it is or not lol a bit confuzzled here sweatdrop  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2005 8:07 pm
woah...

"i want to grow up just like them, mummy!"  

cold_blooded_chick

[Major General] Andrews

Distinct Citizen

7,100 Points
  • Angelic Alliance 100
  • Millionaire 200
  • Brandisher 100
PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2005 12:22 am
GOd this boring,.. well if there is a God.... damn creationists...

sweatdrop  
PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2005 12:22 am
tamandrew
GOd this boring,.. well if there is a God.... damn creationists...

sweatdrop
They prefer to be called "intelligent design" supports. Same bunk, different label. gonk  

tamcharles

Profitable Businessman

9,325 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Wall Street 200
  • Overstocked 200
*~ International Chinese Unite ~*

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers