Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

BlackFireKitsune
Vice Captain

Tiny Lunatic

PostPosted: Sun May 29, 2016 11:41 am
"Yep, that's it," he affirmed with a nod and a bright smile. "If you started in Veilstone, you'd have to go through Solaceon to get to Hearthome for sure. I don't blame you for traveling through it, there isn't a lot there apart from the farms and ranches. Unless ruins are more your thing," he added with a shrug. They'd always drawn certain kinds of people, but not many.

"Heh. It doesn't sound like a very friendly place to visit," the blond noted with a wry smile as he pushed himself away from the cold wall. "And it doesn't exactly seem like--"

"Out!" A third voice cried abruptly. Startled, Abel turned to look back at the door where a dark-haired man in a store uniform stood, his arms folded over his chest and looking at the both of them in a very disapproving manner. "None of that here, thank you. Now come on - out you go!"

"But we weren't--" Abel began with a growing frown, but the employee cut him off.

"Nope, no buts - out!" He pointed out the door and to the store front in emphasis.

PostPosted: Sun May 29, 2016 11:46 am
Ah. Well this was a bit unfortunate. All the same Zevran couldn't help grinning as he threw his hands up in a gesture of innocence. "That's what my friend was just saying seƱor, there were no butts involved at all! We were just trying to dry off a little!" There didn't seem to be any arguing however and so he pulled his still damp shirt back on and headed towards the door, and the curtain of water outside. "So much for waiting out the rain," he commented to Abel with a huff of wry amusement and a shake of his head. "To be accused of such things and thrown out into such terrible weather when you didn't even have the fun of doing them, a terrible fate."  

TawnyAngel

Predestined Inquisitor

BlackFireKitsune
Vice Captain

Tiny Lunatic

PostPosted: Sun May 29, 2016 11:54 am
Abel made a snerk sound at Zevran's words, but the employee's expression hardened; clearly he did not appreciate the joke. With a sigh, Abel put his own damp shirt back on - eugh - and headed out after his companion. "Right?" The blond sighed and hooked his thumbs into his pockets, trying to mentally prepare himself for the downpour again. "If I'm going to get tossed out of somewhere for doing that, I'd rather actually have done it rather than just thought to have done it. No fun at all," he finished unhappily as he stepped out into the rain once more. It soaked through his shirt almost instantly and eagerly began cascading down his face - and down his neck, and his back, and everywhere - so he turned a rueful half-grin to the other blond. "Beautiful day for a swim, yeah?"  
PostPosted: Sun May 29, 2016 12:02 pm
"Ha! Very much so, on both scores," Zevran replied, returning the half grin and shrugging to illustrate the general unfairness of the universe. Now resigned to his fate of being soaked to the skin again he closed his eyes and tilted his head back to feel the heavy drops fall on his face for a few moments. "I suppose if we cannot avoid the situation we must embrace it as best we can," he observed philosophically. There was something invigorating about the power of the storm, the sensation of water drumming against your skin.... It would be easier to appreciate if one were able to go inside and get warm and dry as soon as one had had enough of the majesty of nature however. Oh well.

Zevran looked back over at Abel and gestured down the street vaguely. "So what now? Will you head for home?"

TawnyAngel

Predestined Inquisitor

BlackFireKitsune
Vice Captain

Tiny Lunatic

PostPosted: Sun May 29, 2016 12:52 pm
As Zevran leaned his head back and closed his eyes to savor the rain - something Abel could not share in, given how uncomfortable it made him - so he took a moment to trace the tattoos along the other blond's face and neck with his eyes, noting the subtle curves and absently wondering where else he had them. A rather aggressive raindrop landed in his eye though - or maybe it landed near it and simply splattered back up, he wasn't too sure - so he reached a hand up to wipe at his eyes in an attempt to get the water out of them. In this kind of torrential downpour, though, he wasn't quite sure why he was even trying.

The question gave him pause however and he looked back up at Zevran, his hand still over one of his eyes. "Ah, probably," he said thoughtfully, and truth be told he was still trying to decide that. As much as he enjoyed the shorter blond's company, this rain... "Yeah I think I'm gonna head back. Taking a hot shower and changing into some dry clothes sounds real good, so I think I'll do that. What about you?"

PostPosted: Sun May 29, 2016 1:01 pm
"Mmmh, I shall do much the same," Zevran agreed with a nod; pleasant though Abel's company was he was getting progressively colder, and while there wasn't a hot shower waiting for him where he was staying there were towels and dry clothes and that would do well enough. "Once I am inside and dry I will text you to see about drinks but while we're here in this charming weather are any days particularly good or bad for you?" Some people had a stable working pattern from one week to the next but given Abel's earlier comments about a lack of meat in his diet and his rather thin frame Zevran was not at all sure that he was one of them.... Perhaps he would involve food in the equation too, bringing a pizza or similar was a perfectly acceptable part of having drinks. Where would they meet though? He couldn't exactly bring Abel to where he was staying so either they would have to go out to a bar or to Abel's place. They could sort that out later however, when they weren't being chilled to the bone.  

TawnyAngel

Predestined Inquisitor

BlackFireKitsune
Vice Captain

Tiny Lunatic

PostPosted: Sun May 29, 2016 1:55 pm
Abel nodded as well, and he hummed under his breath as he thought briefly on Zev's question. "Not really," he answered with a shake of his head, "my schedule varies week by week, and offhand I don't remember the rest of this week's schedule. I can let you know later though, and we can figure something out?" Drinks! He was always up for drinks, although he'd have to try and figure out if he could stash some money away from Alyssa, or perhaps make a little bit on the side somehow... Some people were charitable towards guitarists sitting in the park - or at least they had been in the past - so maybe he could try that again if he had the time to see if he could get at least a little bit, and hope very hard that Alyssa didn't find out and take it.  
PostPosted: Sun May 29, 2016 2:05 pm
That was understandable; Zevran nodded again. "Then we shall speak later and make arrangements, assuming our phones work when we get into the dry again!" Zevran brought his right forearm up over the left side of his chest with a closed fist in a versatile gesture of regard, in this case intended as a farewell. "Chau for now Abel, may we next meet in less inclement weather!"  

TawnyAngel

Predestined Inquisitor

BlackFireKitsune
Vice Captain

Tiny Lunatic

PostPosted: Sun May 29, 2016 2:32 pm
"Sounds good," he agreed with another nod and a slight grimace, "if our phones work, yeah." Once again he couldn't help but think that that was not an expense he could afford if it did stop working. Oh well, all the more reason to get out of the rain as quickly as possible. While bemused at Zev's gesture, he nonetheless returned it with a brief wave in his own farewell. "Yeah, see you later. Try and stay dry," he added with a wry grin.

With that said and, once assured Zev had nothing further to add, Abel glanced up and down the street before heading at a quick pace down the sidewalk towards his apartment. He could run the whole way there, sure, but he didn't particularly care to be completely out of breath once he got there.

PostPosted: Sun May 29, 2016 2:47 pm
"I shall, you as well!" Zevran replied. With that and a parting grin he turned away and took off down the street at a ground eating but maintainable jog, he had a couple of miles to go so there was no point in just trying to sprint it!

Despite the terrible weather however and the fact that by the time he got in he was shivering because of it he found himself rather pleased with the outcome of the evening. Once he had stripped off and hung up his sodden clothes, dried, dressed again, and wrapped himself up in blankets Zevran grabbed his phone to start a message to Abel. //Ā”Abel, I hope you did not drown on your way home! How does next Monday sound to you?//

TawnyAngel

Predestined Inquisitor

BlackFireKitsune
Vice Captain

Tiny Lunatic

PostPosted: Sun May 29, 2016 2:59 pm
Once he'd showered, changed, and talked to Taavi about the very interesting stranger he'd happened to run into - small world - he set himself up on the couch with a couple of his pokemon flopped over his lap, both to keep him company and to keep him warm. Thankfully his phone still worked - somehow, he wasn't quite sure how - so when it buzzed with a new message he leaned back against the couch comfortably to read it. Hmm, monday... He worked that morning, and while he wasn't sure if Taavi was working or not, the evening would probably be fine... He'd just have to hope Alyssa didn't try to make him do anything that day. Mercifully the times that she randomly popped in on him - or on him and Taavi - usually weren't too late in the evening, so it'd probably be fine if they had drinks there, although maybe Zev would prefer to hang out at his place. Or maybe he'd want to go out somewhere? //Nope, still alive for now. Monday night should be good. Drinks yeah? My place, your place, someone else's place?//  
PostPosted: Sun May 29, 2016 3:05 pm
Zevran made a soft noise of amusement at the response to his jest and quickly tapped out a response. //Good to hear! Monday, drinks, your place? I fear my own is not really fit for guests at present. If you provide the venue I shall bring the alcohol; what's your poison?// While he was reasonably comfortable where he was at the moment, despite its inconveniences, he had no intention of letting somebody he had just met and quite liked know that he was living in an abandoned building; people often got very uncomfortable about that sort of thing.  

TawnyAngel

Predestined Inquisitor

BlackFireKitsune
Vice Captain

Tiny Lunatic

PostPosted: Sun May 29, 2016 3:19 pm
//Sounds good. If you're buying then surprise me. Get whatever you want, I'm fine with pretty much anything,// Abel typed out after a moment or two of thought. If Zevran did buy the drinks, then he saw little room to be picky over what it was he would be drinking for free. Here, though... He'd have to make sure Alyssa wouldn't come by then, though he didn't think she would if it were later in the evening. That and there wasn't much he could do if she did want to drop in... Maybe if he encouraged an earlier time to drop in? That could work, if he was sneaky about it. Maybe.  
PostPosted: Sun May 29, 2016 3:24 pm
//I shall surprise you then! What time suits? I am flexible. Very flexible. Renowned for it in fact!// Zevran grinned as he sent off the message and shifted a bit in his hammock to allow Amigo - who was descending from the ceiling on a strand of silk - to cuddle in beside him. "Buena chinche," he murmured vaguely and gave the Caterpie a scratch on the head.  

TawnyAngel

Predestined Inquisitor

BlackFireKitsune
Vice Captain

Tiny Lunatic

PostPosted: Sun May 29, 2016 3:36 pm
//Being flexible is always good. Very good. I am too, but for Monday probably later in the evening, maybe say 9? Will let you know for sure later.// That sounded like a decent enough time, but he'd have to try and figure it out closer to Monday. Alyssa always liked to throw wrenches into the plans he tried to keep secret from her, whether intentionally or not.  
Roleplay

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff