[PRP] Ambergris [Oliver, Zevran] Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Shaddaling

Wrathful Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2016 6:03 pm
"Figure that out when we get there," Oliver replied and started to walk off along the highway, heading towards one of the cluster of seemingly abandoned buildings the saw along the road.  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2016 2:12 pm
"You will know where you are destroying when you get there?" Zevran asked rhetorically with a chuckle. "Well I am fond of spontaneity myself, if you hadn't already gathered as much. Tell me then which pokemon will be doing the destroying? Surely you will not make your large bug do all of the work! It would get quite tired no, or perhaps it has exceptional stamina?"  

TawnyAngel

Predestined Inquisitor

Shaddaling

Wrathful Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2016 4:13 pm
"You talk a lot don't you," Oliver replied, continuing to walk across the dusty ground. "And I have several," he added. "Aria likely not to be the only one but then it going to depend on various factors."

"And you forgot Mercury," he smiled as the ghost appeared briefly and disappeared not fond of the bright light. "He might decided to do something."  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2016 4:25 pm
Zevran laughed merrily, shrugged expressively. "I? Talk a lot? I suppose I do compared to some, but less compared to others! And my my, various factors now is it?" he grinned broadly and gave Oliver a somewhat appraising look. "What factors might these be? Or are they a secret? Or are you just saying it to sound clever? It's okay if you are, I am certainly not going to judge you, but you know there's no need to go overcompensating! And of course I did not forget dear Mercury, I merely wondered if they - and or others I have yet to hear of - were going to be involved in proceedings." It was hard to imagine how much destruction a small ball of whatever the ghost was could wreak but pokemon were strange creatures, he was not about to discount any of them until he knew more of their abilities.

"And you don't talk a lot, do you? Do you not have much practice?" Zev continued conversationally, giving a discarded can a kick that sent it skittering away with a satisfying clatter and still grinning rather mischievously. "You know the only way you will become more skilled with your tongue is to practice my friend, don't worry about being a little clumsy at first!"

TawnyAngel

Predestined Inquisitor

Shaddaling

Wrathful Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2016 4:37 pm
"Well, part of it is a test," Could you explode a building with smog and ember? It would be intriguing to tryout. "But of course there are factors, building construction for one. Brick, concrete, etc." He paused and shook his head continuing on.

"I have six of them, a full team." He continued to walk, looking around. "Though a few won't be of much use." Corri was just a tiny ball of fluff and pure adorableness.  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2016 4:45 pm
"So if something is concrete you will not use one of the pokemon which will be of some use?" Zevran asked, his eyes sparkling with merriment. "Or is that if it's brick, or if it's a tin shed? Of course I know nothing about pokemon," he spread his hands innocently, "so forgive my ignorant questions if you will! Of those of the six pokemon that you have which are some use which will you or will you not use on a certain kind of building? Or are you going to test all of them? In which case surely certain factors do not apply, if you are to be truly rigorous?" He rather did feel like Oliver was trying to make it sound more complicated than it was; was that to fool the silly foreign man, or would he try it on anyone? Well whichever it was, or if it was something else entirely, he was having fun and so he didn't intend to worry about it.

"And you didn't answer my questions about your tongue! You have nothing to be embarrassed about, everyone starts somewhere," Zevran added with a smirk.

TawnyAngel

Predestined Inquisitor

Shaddaling

Wrathful Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2016 4:54 pm
Oliver paused, head tipped and sighed, before continuing on. "I'm beginning to notice that. And certainly not concrete... part of the factors is can it be destroyed, and concrete beyond my capabilities at the moment." Brick at least made good projectiles to lob and let his pokemon practice their aim.

Tin? Maybe. It would be interesting to see if Aria could slice through a sheet of metal.  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2016 4:59 pm
Definitely trying to make himself sound smart, not that Oliver was necessarily stupid but he was over complicating the matter. "So if it can't be destroyed, the factor as you say, the pokemon you will use will be no pokemon?" Zevran asked innocently. "Surely you would wish to test all of your pokemon against everything available? Or not? And what was it that you've noticed? Was that a reply to my question about your tongue? Are you sensitive about it? I'm sure it's a lovely tongue, though of course I couldn't say for sure without testing it and taking into account certain factors." Zevran winked cheekily and hopped lightly over a low wall.  

TawnyAngel

Predestined Inquisitor

Shaddaling

Wrathful Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2016 5:49 pm
"No, it would be factor in as unsuitable and a waste of time, unless I find a pokemon like an onix." Oliver looked back at him. "They are living creatures, why would I test them against something that would likely end up in one of them getting injured?" That was rather unethical.

He picked up a pokeball, releasing a small ram like fluffy pokemon and bent down to pick her up. "This is Corri," he added, rubbing over the mass of golden creamy curls, the purple eyes half closed in pleasure. She chirped, shifting to get a better look at Zevran.

"And no." He was not interested in any sort of tongue exploration. "There will be no testing of my tongue."  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2016 2:23 pm
"So as I said, the factor being that it is unsuitable means that the pokemon you will use will be no pokemon," Zevran repeated with a grin. "I'm just only saying that invoking 'various factors' to mean 'I will not throw my creatures against a solid wall' seems like a little much perhaps? But Corrie hu?" It was a very, very fluffy creature. Quite cute though! "And what might they be; she?" he hazarded, it sounded like a female name to him.

"And really? None at all? Not even a little testing?" Zevran gave a martyred sigh and shook his head regretfully. "Oh well I suppose I shall survive somehow."

TawnyAngel

Predestined Inquisitor

Shaddaling

Wrathful Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2016 2:35 pm
"True," Oliver finally admitted as they walked. "Mostly the factors are, far enough from town not to have the police summoned, not owned by any local gang for drug smuggling or raves. Though at this city, not used by the local teens to smuggle booze is more likely." He did not want a confrontation with any of the above. "Or harboring a squatter."

"Then material gets considered, which comes down to I'm tired of walking, this will work."

Corri giggled, half sprawled over Oliver's shoulder to watch Zevran and coooeeed.

"She's a Whimsicott," he added, continuing on. "She kills dragons."  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2016 2:46 pm
Zevran smiled and gave up on the point he'd been trying to make, it was obviously going nowhere and while he loved to tease people he didn't want to push it too far.... Even if Oliver had just completely changed his mind about what he meant from 'which pokemon I will use' to 'which building I will choose'. So tempting! But he wanted to watch some pokemon wreak havoc more than he wanted to needle so there the point would lie.

"Ahh, well it is always sensible to check for residents before you do anything creative," Zevran agreed with a grin, choosing not to mention that he was technically a squatter himself. Why pay rent when you could live in a perfectly serviceable warehouse in the company of such fascinating people as Dawn, Starchild, and Witchhazel?...

"Kills dragons?" Zevran looked down at the little creature with a distinctly puzzled expression on his face. "Well on that point I have two questions; the first is how, and the second is that if you object to throwing your 'monsters against concrete walls why do you allow it? Is dragon slaying a sport in these parts?"

TawnyAngel

Predestined Inquisitor

Shaddaling

Wrathful Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2016 2:55 pm
Corri gave a happy Whimsi, clinging from her trainers shoulder. She was the most adorable dragon slayer! Yes she was.

"You really don't know anything about pokemon," Oliver mused. "She's a fairy grass type. Fairy are strong against Dragon types. She's actually immune to any dragon type moves." He ruffled the cotton top of curls. "But Dragon types are difficult to take down."  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2016 3:03 pm
"Yeesss, I did mention that I am quite ignorant as I recall," Zevran replied with a natured chuckle, drawing out the first word for effect and shrugging expressively. There was a lot more to these creatures than he had imagined, if he could collect a few strong ones and return home.... No. No that wouldn't work, and even if it did things couldn't be the same.

For a moment or two Zevran looked rather vacant; when he realised that he had drifted off into thought he shook himself and smiled again. "Ah, well, dragons are rather famed for their power no? Even I know that. I am surprised to hear that killing them is accepted around here though, people seem to treasure pokemon so. Unless you didn't mean it literally?" Quite possibly not but he was finding out so many strange things at the moment that he didn't know what to take at face value.

TawnyAngel

Predestined Inquisitor

Shaddaling

Wrathful Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2016 3:07 pm
"Ooh, not literally. It is rather frowned on to kill a trainers pokemon, or even wild pokemon." Oliver ran his fingers over his pokeballs, choosing one. "It is more of a nickname for the type and before Fairy type was found, the only super effective type against dragon was Ice."

"I actually have a dragon type," He admitted. "If you want to see."  
Roleplay

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces