[FIN] battle on! [Lex/KO] Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Shaddaling

Wrathful Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2016 5:54 pm
"I'll see about grabbing you some take out next time I'm out and about. Surely we can find a few moments to share a drink and cake in the base," Lex replied, plotting a way to not drop an order of lattes from crobat feet.

"Ooh! I'm so glad it is coming together well," Lex gushed. "Do you know when it will be finished? Are you working with Tambrey again? Is it going to change the labs for the better?"  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2016 2:34 pm
KO smirked a little and nodded. "Well I was exaggerating a little about my schedule, we could go later in the week if you want? Some might call me fussy but personally I prefer my coffee hot to tepid."

Ah, his project! This he could talk about for a long time if he allowed himself to ramble into details, but for now just an overview seemed more appropriate. "I can't say when it will be finished but we hope for it to be soon, essentially we're just waiting for a specimen that survives the gene gun process and comes out the other side with the desired properties. Tambery isn't on board this time sadly but she assigned two from her department to work with me and they're both good at what they do, though Keith doesn't seem able to hold a conversation about anything other than work or crochet." Crochet was nice but really, there were other things in life! He wanted to work well with the man though so he was tolerating the one-track conversations as best he could.

"And it's not going to be so glamorous as changing anything that anyone will notice," KO continued with a slightly wry smile. "Not my usual style I know but it's undeniably practical, if it works we'll have our very own sustainable fuel source and a commodity to sell on too. I'm hopeful for this latest Oddish, it seems to be doing well so far, so who knows! We could have a success within weeks. Once we do have that stable specimen it can be cloned as normal of course, it's getting there that's the tricky part."

TawnyAngel

Predestined Inquisitor

Shaddaling

Wrathful Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2016 4:14 pm
"That would be lovely, if you can find the time," Lex replied and shifted, taking the pokeballs out when the console dinged and attached them to his belt.

"Crochet?" Lex mused, slightly amused at the conversation and nodded. "I'm sure it can get a tad dull." Though science was just absolutely fascinating at the moment in all its forms, though some was beyond him.

"Oohh? Well that would be nice," certainly would make the base a bit more secure and well, anything that brought the team more money was of use. "I hope the Oddish ends up as a success KO. And if we have more time, I would love to hear more about it, well what you can tell me anyways."  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2016 4:43 pm
"Oh it's not confidential," KO shrugged, "not advertised I suppose but not confidential. Essentially what we're doing is taking some genes from a certain algae which produces Hydrogen rather than Oxygen as a by-product of photosynthesis under certain conditions and putting them into an Oddish. The algae's photosynthetic process isn't efficient enough to produce very much Hydrogen but an Oddish's is, and they have the advantage over other grass types of preferring to remain underground just photosynthesising so long as they have ample light. Oh, we've also engineered the hydrogenase of the algae to improve the efficiency even more. That's the short version anyway," KO concluded with a slight chuckle. He saw no reason why this shouldn't work, far more extreme things had been successfully created after all! It was just a matter of time.

"Now, you wanted to meet my newer two next did you? A double battle perhaps?" KO suggested, taking two pokeballs from his belt and raising a quizzical eyebrow at Lex.

TawnyAngel

Predestined Inquisitor

Shaddaling

Wrathful Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2016 4:58 pm
"Ooh, so it would be developing a Hydrogen fuel source? I know some vehicles were moving towards that source," He hadn't really thought to much on the viability because of what had to shift to accompany it. But that would be another departments duties, now wouldn't it.

"And that sounds good." Lex paused, considering his choices before bring out Grimlock and Sunspot. The Braixen gave a small polite nod at KO, glancing around eagerly. The Galvantula merely stretched out his limbs.  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2016 5:08 pm
"That's right," KO said with a rather self-satisfied smirk. "Once we know it will work I don't see why the engineers shouldn't alter our entire fleet to run on Hydrogen. It would take initial investment of course but over time we could completely eliminate our expenditure on gas, freeing up funds for other ventures. I've been meaning to find out what our generators run on too, because there's no reason they couldn't be altered to have hydrogen cells too. We'd need quite a lot of Oddish to create all of that Hydrogen of course but they can be densely packed and stacked, a couple of large rooms would give us a significant output." He would be remembered for this, maybe not by many people but his name would be written down somewhere and read by other scientists; that was more immortality than a lot of people got.

"Anyway, here they are," KO announced as he released the pair of pokemon; a normal Kirlia appeared and looked around with a quizzical air which hinted it could become disapproving at very short notice. Beside the fairy type stood a Meganium that lacked the species' characteristic flower and instead had a graceful sail about its neck and a jewel on its forehead, it hummed a placid greeting.

TawnyAngel

Predestined Inquisitor

Shaddaling

Wrathful Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2016 5:22 pm
"Ooh! I wasn't aware you had a Kirlia, the ralts family is gorgeous and certainly very useful." Lex paused, looking over the Meganium. "Is your Meganium spliced? That looks like a take on the Aurorus sails... "Very, very lovely, and the science made him want to get a closer look.

" Shall we, start then?" He questioned.  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2016 5:32 pm
<> the Kirlia said dryly, folding thin white arms across its chest.

KO chuckled and waved him off airily. "Oh hush Imperator, he did say you were gorgeous as well."

<> Imperator waved empty hands. <>

"And yes, you're right about the splicing," KO continued, ignoring Imperator for now. "Grass and ice type, it does her no favours defensively of course but it does give her a nice trick up her sleeve. Anyway as you say, let's begin! Empress use Freeze Dry on the Galvantula! Imperator, Confusion on the Braxien!"

Empress hummed again and turned to face the bug type; her gem gleamed for a moment and then the temperature around Sunspot plummeted.

Imperator meanwhile grumbled something under his breath and touched a hand to the side of his head, blasting at Grimlock with psychic power.

TawnyAngel

Predestined Inquisitor

Shaddaling generated a random number between 1 and 100 ... 18!

Shaddaling

Wrathful Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2016 5:35 pm
[Confused/ y?n? Nope]

"Focus on the Meganum, Bug Bite and Flame Charge," Lex replied mildly, focusing on the one quick possible kill. "But Freeze dry is a rather nice trick."

Grimlock wheeled before springing into action, racing forward into a fire charge towards the Meganum, her Galvantula teammate following behind on springy legs.

"Can she learn more Ice moves or just Freeze Dry?" Lex questioned, curious.  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2016 5:52 pm
Empress gave a distress wail as the two attacks struck her and collapsed into a heap. KO sighed, shook his head and recalled her to her pokeball. "So much for that." Very bad luck with the type match ups, very bad indeed. "Alright Imperator, Confusion again!" He didn't expect to win this bout at this point but he'd be pleased if he took one of Lex's pokemon down.

Though Imperator looked unimpressed at being left to battle alone he did as instructed and blasted at Grimlock's mind with Confusion once again.

"And it's only Freeze Dry I gather," KO continued with a shrug. "It would be nice if she could learn some more but I'm not about to complain too much about having been assigned such a beautiful specimen. Perhaps it was supposed to be a 'sorry you died' present," he added dryly. He was less shy about saying it aloud now not because he felt better about it, oh he did not feel better about it, but because he was a little less afraid that he would be punished for noticing the obvious.

TawnyAngel

Predestined Inquisitor

Shaddaling generated a random number between 1 and 100 ... 27!

Shaddaling

Wrathful Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2016 6:00 pm
"It was a bad type match up," Lex said, if a tiny bit pleased to take down one of KO pokemon after the smack down earlier. "If she would want a second round, perhaps against Blurr?" He suggested.

"And you two have fun chasing down Imperator." He said, letting them decide themselves what moves.

Sunspot and Grimlock broke apart to circle Imperator, so as the Kirla focused on the Braxien, Sunspot sent out a electroweb at the physic type.

Grimlock huffed, shaking off the physic attack, eyes narrowing and snorted smoke, charging at the smaller pokemon.  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2016 6:07 pm
<> Imperator huffed, Teleporting to the opposite side of the room to avoid both attacks. <>

"I think it would do her good to have another go," KO agreed, smirking a little as Imperator flashed across the room in the blink of an eye. "Now there's another useful trick. If it's timed right with an attack like Flame Charge you could make an opponent run into a wall, though it doesn't do anything direct towards winning the battle of course."

TawnyAngel

Predestined Inquisitor

Shaddaling

Wrathful Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2016 6:12 pm
Grimlock skidded, flowing into a sharp circle and twisted to find Imperator and attempted Hypnoses at the Kirlia, eyes focusing on her opponent.

"Good job, Grimlock, don't let him get under your fur. Keep focused," Lex called, and nodded. "Teleport is a rather fantastic trick, and I wish more could learn it."

Sunspot figuring out what his team mate was attempting to do, sent a thunderwave after the sure footed pokemon.  
TawnyAngel rolled 1 100-sided dice: 83 Total: 83 (1-100)
PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2016 6:32 pm
[1-40 = sleep]

While Imperator managed to resist the hypnosis the thunderwave hit home, drawing a hiss of frustrating from the Kirlia. <> he snapped, blasting at Grimlock again with Confusion.

"It would be nice wouldn't it?" KO agreed as he watched the battle with some interest. "There used to be a TM for it, I don't know why it was discontinued - too expensive perhaps? - and it's very rare to see it now. I only found out about it when I was researching the move knowing that Imp would learn it naturally."

<>

TawnyAngel

Predestined Inquisitor

Shaddaling

Wrathful Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2016 6:46 pm
Grimlock grunted, skidding back and shook her head, ears flat at the repeated battering of confusion.

"Grims, come back here, love. Sunspot will handle this," Lex murmured, and nodded to the Galvantula. "Fury Cutter."

Sunspot jumped at the Kirlia, claws reaching out to rake over the smaller pokemon.

"Maybe," Lex mused. "Can he carry things when he teleports?"  
Roleplay

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces