Welcome to Gaia! ::

Reply Roleplay
[FIN] Bobbing for Apples Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 ... 14 15 16 17 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

TawnyAngel

Predestined Inquisitor

PostPosted: Sat Sep 10, 2016 4:29 pm
"So it is said!" Zevran agreed cheerfully. "It is not the size but what you do with it yes? And it looks to me as though they have used quite a compact space very well, for a fairground ride that's quite a tall peak close to as you say." If anyone overheard their conversation right now they would no doubt be completely scandalised, a fact that delighted Zevran no end.

There was a little big of a queue for the ride but not too bad as it could take quite a few riders at once; Zevran used the intervening time on the steps leading up to the ride to look around the rest of the fair. "It looks as though the food area is over there, I wouldn't mind something to eat in a little while. And there, crafts? I wonder if they might have bags or quaint handmade baskets for sale, I don't really want to carry my pistol around all day; I suppose I could put it in my pocket I don't think it would fit very well." Zevran concluded his observations with another smirk up at Abel.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 10, 2016 4:42 pm
Ah, there it was; he hadn't been able to think of a good way to put it but Zevran had. Abel chuckled, grinning broadly. "Yes, exactly that."

When Zevran pointed out the food area, Abel joined him in scanning the rest of the fair from the line. "Ah, yeah, I see it," he said with a nod. "Yeah, I think I'd like something to eat in a bit too, but not yet." ...or, well, he would but food tended to cost money, so maybe he'd just... not. Maybe there'd be something cheap? Like... really cheap, or.. Maybe he'd just.. Drink some free water somewhere. Moving on from that topic, Abel shot a wicked grin up at Zevran. "No, I don't think it would fit too well, either - not anymore than this would fit in my pocket," he added as he held up the bouncy ball in emphasis. "A bag or a basket would be nice I think, yes."

BlackFireKitsune
Vice Captain

Tiny Lunatic

TawnyAngel

Predestined Inquisitor

PostPosted: Sat Sep 10, 2016 4:49 pm
"Mmh, si," Zevran nodded agreement, "we will see what we can find when we get off."

The ride turned out to be as much fun as he has hoped; much whooping and laughing as it twisted around curves and indeed did that fairly impressive drop. As they got out of the cars Zevran was still beaming; "An enjoyable ride indeed! But keeping hold of our spoils is quite a pain, shall we see if we can find something to keep them in? If there is a basket that would be good actually, I could make use of it at the warehouse." Hung from his hammock ropes it would be a better place to store food than in a cardboard box on the windowsill, which was his current arrangement.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 10, 2016 5:04 pm
It'd been too long since he'd ridden a roller coaster, and Abel had thoroughly enjoyed the ride. Once they disembarked, he followed Zevran away from the coaster and hummed thoughtfully. "A basket would be easier for them to fall out of if we go on another ride like this, but for more gentle rides I think it'd be fine. Plus baskets look nicer," he added with a shrug. "I think for myself, I'll just ask around and see if anyone has a bag they wouldn't mind parting with, since I won't need it at home." Since Zevran seemed keen on getting a basket next, the taller blond began heading in the direction of what appeared to be craft areas, and aimed a grin at his friend. "Even if I'm not going to buy anything over here, I can at least appreciate a work of art."  

BlackFireKitsune
Vice Captain

Tiny Lunatic

TawnyAngel

Predestined Inquisitor

PostPosted: Sat Sep 10, 2016 5:11 pm
"Oh? Had I better walk in front of you then?" Zevran asked. He allowed a moment's pause before adding. "Only because you can see over my head to see the art, naturally, whereas I cannot see over yours. Mmmh, and perhaps they would let me leave my basket by the entrance? If not I can leave Amigo and perhaps Vision to guard it."

Amigo - who had also thoroughly enjoyed the ride - made a cheerful chirping noise.

"Ever helpful my friend," Zevran said with a smile as he reached up to give the bug a scratch.

Before long they were by the craft stalls; there were wooden things, clothing, handmade this-that-and-the-other and after a little while of perusing pretty things he didn't intend to buy- "Ah, here!" Zevran gestured to a display of wicker baskets and wove his way through the crowd towards them. After some deliberation he settled on a medium sized picnic hamper, the hinged lids would be useful.

With his purchase made Zevran turned back to Abel and grinned. "Would you like to put your ball in with my pistol?" he asked innocently.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 10, 2016 5:28 pm
"Hmm..." Abel paused a moment to give the question due consideration before he nodded his head, his expression serious. "Yes, I think you'd better. I don't want to block your view or anything, and I can appreciate all the beautiful pieces from back here." So saying, he gestured for Zevran to go ahead of him and duly followed behind, a grin on his face. Isaac rolled his eyes and trotted along after his trainer, keeping close to his heels so he wouldn't get stepped on by any passersby.

"Leaving it by the entrance might be a good idea, though I doubt they'd have anyone to watch it for you. And," he grinned broadly, "I'd very much like to put my ball in with your pistol, thank you." With that said, he carefully set the bouncy ball into the basket, then hooked his thumbs into his pockets and glanced keenly at his friend. "What would you like to do next, now that you have your basket?"

BlackFireKitsune
Vice Captain

Tiny Lunatic

TawnyAngel

Predestined Inquisitor

PostPosted: Sat Sep 10, 2016 5:37 pm
His face was starting to hurt a little from grinning so much today, not that he was complaining of course.

"Ahh.... More games, or food I think, I don't mind which order," Zevran said after a few moments of consideration. "I would like to try the ferris wheel too but maybe later in the day when the light starts to get pretty, I believe the fair is open until late. So long as you don't have to rush back to Camphoreon?"

PostPosted: Sat Sep 10, 2016 5:45 pm
"I don't mind which order either," he said with a shrug, refraining from mentioning the fact he wouldn't be buying any food. He kind of wished he hadn't said 'oh yes, food, that sounds like a good idea!' because really, how was he supposed to pay for it? He'd barely had enough to pay his way into the fair as it was. Oh well, no help for it now. "Ferris wheels are nice to ride on either during the day or in the evening. During the day you can see the whole fair and then some, but at night, as you said, the lights look really nice. Either way there's something to appreciate while riding at either time," he innocently summarized with a shrug. "And, nope, I don't work until after noon tomorrow, so I don't need to get back too early."  

BlackFireKitsune
Vice Captain

Tiny Lunatic

TawnyAngel

Predestined Inquisitor

PostPosted: Sat Sep 10, 2016 5:49 pm
"Ah, then sunset gives the best of both worlds!" Zevran beamed before adding; "If we wish to stay that long of course, we may well run out of entertainment first. But yes, games first perhaps? I am not ready to eat quite yet and I think I spied a shooting gallery from the roller-coaster, I would like to try my hand at that!"  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 10, 2016 5:55 pm
"Sunset sounds perfect then," Abel agreed readily, though he did have a point, they may get bored with the fair by then if there wasn't a lot to do. And.. that would be all day, so he'd have to eat something... Ugh. Maybe he'd just drink a lot of water...?

Thoughts of his lack of funds vanished and his demeanor brightened at the prospect of a shooting gallery. "Ah, now that's a game I'd like to play, yeah. I've had poor performance the last few rounds, but I should be able to redeem myself there, I think. Since you saw it, I'll follow you," he added along with a gesture for Zevran to go first. He hadn't seen it, so he didn't have the faintest idea where to go.

BlackFireKitsune
Vice Captain

Tiny Lunatic

TawnyAngel

Predestined Inquisitor

PostPosted: Sat Sep 10, 2016 6:16 pm
When Abel brightened up Zevran found himself smiling more too, it was quite an infectious smile Abel had. "Then play we shall!" he replied, setting off in what he thought was the right direction.... Yes, there was the strongman game and he knew where that was relative to the shooting gallery. "And that reminds me I really must get myself a new piece, perhaps that's what I should spend my money on," Zevran mused aloud; he had been meaning to do that since he had arrived but it kept slipping his mind when he had money in his pocket.  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 10, 2016 6:36 pm
A new piece? Briefly bewildered, Abel quickly replayed the last few lines of conversation in his head to try and figure out what Zevran meant. Shooting gallery, so maybe...? "You mean a gun?" He queried, his thumbs hooking themselves into his pockets as he drew up alongside his friend, though he kept his gaze ahead of him, both so he could watch out for other people and so he could try to spot the shooting gallery Zevran was leading them towards. "If so, I'm gonna go ahead and guess they probably don't sell those here."  

BlackFireKitsune
Vice Captain

Tiny Lunatic

TawnyAngel

Predestined Inquisitor

PostPosted: Sat Sep 10, 2016 6:43 pm
He had been about to clarify his meaning when Abel worked it out for himself; Zevran closed his mouth again and then chuckled slightly. "Si, a gun, and I would think not! But a reason not to spend all of my money on something ridiculous today. Although I have pokemon now given where I live," he shrugged, "I would feel a little more comfortable if I had the option of being armed, and if I had a means of defence in my room. The warehouse is not what you would call secure." Another flaw among many that were becoming increasingly apparent. It was still alright for now but he really was starting to want a better option and that would probably mean an actual rented place which would mean he would need reliable cashflow and- yes and all of those things he had decided not to think of earlier. He would get a gun and then everything would be a little better, he could stay at the warehouse a while longer yet.

"Ah, and here we are!" Zevran said brightly as they arrived by the shooting gallery; there were several spaces and currently two empty beside on another. "Shall we then?" Zevran suggested as he set down his basket.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 10, 2016 7:03 pm
"Yeah, that's fair," he agreed with a nod, "and I agree with you completely. I have a few in my apartment," not that he'd go into detail about how many, especially not out in the middle of a fair where context was important and he could receive quite a few concerned looks if he went about saying 'I have so many guns in my apartment' or something like that, "and I know of at least one good place to find one. We can go into that later though, yeah?" Because now they were at the game, and he didn't particularly care to go into the fact he was intimately familiar with guns when the shooting gallery staff was right there to hear, and may not be inclined to let him play after hearing such a thing.

When Zevran set down his basket, Isaac trotted over and sat down beside it.

As Zevran pointed out, there were two spots beside each other, so Abel gave his friend a pat on the shoulder along with a "good luck!" as he stepped up to one spot. Maybe they'd both do better at this game? Hopefully. After accepting the rifle that felt like a toy in his hands compared to what he was used to, he took a moment to better acquaint himself with the lightweight piece before taking a few experimental shots at the targets before them. As he expected, the small firearm wasn't very accurate. That was fine though, so long as it was consistent in its inaccuracy. Abel used up the rest of his shots to experiment with it more than to try to hit it, and by the end of the round he'd only hit a measly two targets. "Hmm, I think I'll have to try another round," he noted to his friend with a sly grin, wondering how Zevran was faring with his round.

BlackFireKitsune
Vice Captain

Tiny Lunatic

TawnyAngel

Predestined Inquisitor

PostPosted: Sat Sep 10, 2016 7:13 pm
"Oh?" Zevran's brows rose a little with interest. "Yes, later though I think, for now we have a game to play!"

Soon enough he was handed a gun and, predictably, he could tell it was terrible for the moment his hands touched it. Oh well this was a game after all. Shrugging to himself Zevran took more or less the same approach as Abel, the thing seemed to pull to the left and down but working out exactly how much took up all of his rounds with only one target struck.

"Mmmh, I think I will take another try too," he said with a wry chuckle to Abel's comment. "I do not usually shoot rounds so wildly but I seem to be having a little trouble handling this particular rifle. I think I have the measure of it now though! Shall we? I would not wish to take any of the targets you are aiming for, so shall I aim for those on this side of the gallery and you take that?" he asked, gesturing with the hand that wasn't holding the little toy weapon as he spoke.

Roleplay

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 ... 14 15 16 17 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff