Welcome to Gaia! ::

Naruto: Ultimate Roleplaying (NUR) [CLOSED]

Back to Guilds

A long-lived guild, filled with memories of a time long-gone. RIP NUR. 

Tags: naruto, roleplaying, jutsu, fantasy, discussion 

Reply Ta no Kuni - Land of Rice
Mount Daimyaku [Zones 2 and 3] Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

HeadlessKoko

Invisible Regular

12,125 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Inquisitor 200
  • Alchemy Level 2 100
PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2016 10:44 pm
Being the good little girl she was, Hana gave Ayura the few that he requested. Then, she boldly stepped forward for her turn at the aerial trip. The seal activated when she stepped onto it. Next thing she knew, she was launched into the air. With calm precision uncharacteristic of a mere eleven year old, she quickly got a hold of her bearings. Her front, back, up, down, and direction of travel were all easily ascertained by her ever steady thinking. She saw water far below her and in the path of her trajectory,

Hana bent her knees and landed feet first, her body breaking through the still rippling pool. The water tension not yet reformed, it posed no boundary to her entry and her swift descent was brought to a stop in the pool. Without a moment of panic, she resurfaced with a big gasp. A few moments of treading were followed by an, "Aha!" when Hana caught sight of Armand and Ayura. She doggy paddled over the dry ground and dried herself by shaking her whole body vigorously once she was out of the water.

The chill was really something. Light snow and Hana was soaked on top of that. She did have a waterproof jacket, just like Ayura, but that didn't keep the rest of her clothes from being soaked. She wanted to run to Ayura and be spoiled with a warm hug, but she stood her ground at the edge of the pool. Ayura had told her to give him a few, so she wanted to know that he was ready before rejoining him. Until he gave the signal, she would just stand here shaking and shivering off the rest of the water.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2016 3:01 am
      User Image
      User Image
                                                  [Otogakure] - [Genin] - [Hyuuga] - [Magician]

Izuru took note of the announcement that continuously blared over the loudspeakers and made sure to not forget that he couldn't access area one. As time for things to began neared, the little Hyuuga Magician found himself wandering over to the rest of those gathered here. His Shogun, Eiji, appeared and began to give out a speech while walking up the mountain on things they should expect and what they are to do. Izuru followed and when they found themselves at the gated section of the forest the little white haired boy's eyes narrowed and his face became adorn by a expression of slight disgust.

This place that resembled the area from Konoha resurfaced some bad memories. Regardless, he listened to the rest of what Eiji had to say and watched as the three leaders vanished into the canopy.
                      "Zephyr right? Let's go!" Izuru turned to his sharkboy squad mate with a brimming smile, seemingly having gotten over the unpleasant experience for the time being. With that said he stepped on the launch pad and formed the tiger seal before being flung into the air at great speeds. The sky was blanketed by a thick mist but that didn't stop Izuru from activating his Byakugan to try and see if he could see where the others were launched to.

By the time he was nearing his landing point he shut off his visual asset and and rotated himself so that his feet were pointing down. The closer he reached the water's surface though it was apparent that he was slowing down, and by the time his feet were a mere inch from the top of the water he had stopped completely and was simply floating in mid air like some divine magic trick. Izuru placed his hands behind his head and intertwined his fingers while crossing his legs in a relaxed manner. Slightly hunching his position it now appeared as if Izuru was kicking back on an invisible chair, and once this was accomplished the little Genin simply began to slowly gyrate in a backwards fashion as he waited on Zephyr's arrival.

»Chakra: 130/130
                      »Speed: 7
                      »Strength: 8
                      »Passives:
                      5 Chakra Regen per post
                      May use one Taijutsu style for free and gain stats, may learn one additional taijutsu style.
                      Direct hits on the opponent take away [10] chakra points. When hitting an opponent with Hyuuga techniques, 10% of the usual chakra drain is applied. For example, using the complete 8 Trigrams 64 Palms on an opponent will take 64 points as opposed to 640.
                      • Expel
                      Hyuuga members have an intense control over their own chakra system, allowing them to expel chakra from any point on their body with a simple thought. This can be enough to break most ropes, and anyone holding onto them may also have the chakra points in their hands closed when the chakra is expelled.
                      • Oni's Blood
                      The Magician's connection to natural energy gives them the ability to detect movements in the flow of natural energy around them. This gives the Magicians a very high level of perception, allowing them to recognize incoming masses of chakra, as well as detecting the flow of energy within the bodies of their opponents to gain insight on their next moves. Similarly to the Rinnegan, this means that enemies with higher chakra signatures are more easily combated, as the movements in their chakra are much easier to detect. This also means that enemies with higher chakra levels can be sensed from further away.
                      • Can I Borrow an Assistant from the Crowd?
                      Along with their ability to sense chakra, the natural energy connection allows the Magicians to have a personalized companion, typically an animal. This animal must be applied for within the pet applications--or right away with the bloodline application--and is subject to review from the regular summon/pet approver. If the Magician is willing to part with their ability to summon other hierarchies on the traditional summoning list, they may choose to have one much more powerful familiar, complete with a sage mode of its own. The sage mode--however--must at least mirror the current standard of sage modes in the guild, no stronger. Whereas the single summoned familiar may be more powerful than a boss summon, as it is the only summonable companion they get. if their outside chakra source is destroyed, so is their connection to this companion. Like the chakra source, this disconnection is only temporary, and can be repaired outside of battle.
                      • Dragon Breathing Technique
                      The user's breathing further capitalizes on their strength and allows them to stand their ground against attacks that would, normally, knock them on the floor. As long as the user can breathe, their feet will not leave the ground unless they are dislodged by a force far greater than them, such as violent winds that rip trees from the ground, or the forces of gravity.
                      • Enduring Soul
                      The user, after training under intense circumstances, can withstand four times the amount of weight their body holds, and lift twice their body weight with one arm. Lifting four times the weight of the body requires both arms, and will, essentially, make the user unable to move while it strains their body. That being said, that can endure massive amounts of pressure very early on, meaning that most hits will not faze them when combined with the Dragon Breathing Technique. They can still be damaged and die, but they will never cease their advance.
                      • We're just getting started!
                      This ability takes away the user's ability to attack for the post they're doing it. They taunt the enemy, lowering their guard so they can gather latent energy from resting. Even though they can't attack, they can dodge, which might be just enough. For every time this power is used, every jutsu is locked, but the user regains 5 points of chakra if they don't get hit in the post where they taunted the enemy.
                      • Heavy Stander
                      The user can be pushed back, but they now grip the ground much better and are difficult to move. Users that have learned Heavy Stander also have a hard time losing their balance or getting dizzy. This removes the ability to feel nauseous given that the user is trained enough in standing under so much pressure that their bodies have acclimated to the feeling of sickness. Combined with Enduring Soul and the Dragon Breathing Technique, the user has the freedom to choose where they're standing. They still take damage, but moving them is a feat that not many can achieve.

Technique(s) Used
                      • It's a Bird! It's a Plane! C Rank [Applied every three posts. 1/3]
                      A magic trick that has defied the eyes of many for decades, the idea of free-flight is one that has evaded Shinobi for quite some time. However, by some stretch of the mind--be it by their intense connection to natural energy, or their seemingly magical abilities--the Magicians are capable of free-flight once this technique is learned. Consider it a parting gift from one of the most promiscuous Oni to exist.

User Image

Chastiefol of Sloth
Sergeant Bloodhound
Dakota Gilliam

Yui Ga Dokuson

Thirteenth Gatekeeper

xxMomongaxx

Premium Combatant

PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2016 3:30 pm
User ImageUser Image

Zephyrs Theme

Having listened to the announcements and the fact that he could barely use any useful jutsu with the heavy restrictions put upon himself he sighed before realizing there would be a time when he would have to conserve his chakra to fight an opponent who simply had more. Perhaps an ambush after a fight. So what did he do? Well he looked over to his teammates and his squad leader, and checked his bag for lightbombs, explosive tags, and kunai before sighing. He counted five lightbombs, ten explosive tags, and fifteen kunai in total. He would have to make use of these.

He followed the two and became one with the forest with them though he was bored with it. It seemed a dense forest. Suddenly his neck snapped back and his mouth became agape as he produced two long needles with wrapping around the hands and grabbed one with each hand. He looked to both Izuru and Kat for what they would do next.

Stats || Passives || Tech's Used || Quotes
                                                    Gennin ll Suiton/Taijutsu ll Hoshigaki/Hyoton ll Chakra: 125/125

Techniques Used:

Stats]

• Speed: 6 ( 8 )
                                                    • Strength: 7

Passives

► The user is able to manipulate their ice freely for one post after they use a technique, however this is only capable of manipulating that specific technique.
                                                    ► The Jaws of the Sea The Hoshigaki can manipulate water to the extent of their rank. Their water can move as fast as they can
                                                    ► Bloodlust Technique Due to their love for blood, if the Hoshigaki smells the blood of a Shinobi, they can sense the opponent from miles away.
                                                    ► Advanced Swimming Technique Because sharks have lived under water for centuries, the Hoshigaki can swim faster than the average Shinobi. (+2 to speed when swimming)
                                                    ► Underwater Breath Technique Since they are sharks in almost all aspects, those of the Hoshigaki Clan can freely breath underwater for as long as they'd like.
                                                    ► You can learn infinite taijutsu styles
                                                    ► You are immune to damage from jutsu or styles two ranks below you, and one rank below you or equivalent rank is reduced in pain and injury
                                                    ► You can learn styles that are one rank above you, unlike other ninja
                                                    ► Ice can be formed seamlessly and extremely fast.
                                                    ► Enhanced perception nearly to the point of prediction along with a very quick reaction time. At higher ranks, this perception can even rival the sharingan
                                                    ► +25 chakra.
                                                    ►PHYSICAL TOUGHNESS -- The Taijutsu class not only teaches you to ignore pain, but can also make you immune to damage from weak attacks, based on your rank, making you almost immune to damage 2 ranks below you:
                                                    ► Suiton techniques take two less posts to learn.
                                                    ► Can breathe under water.
                                                    ► Ice techniques require one-handed handseals to create, as well as one-handed seals for Suiton and Fuuton jutsus.
                                                    ► Only fire of two ranks higher and above can melt their ice, and Taijutsu of power 50 or higher to break.

[ OOC ]
                                                    Quote:

PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2016 4:05 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Zephyr and Izuru reached her and noted that the only one of them who was wet perfered cold weather and water, so that would present no issue on it's own. Katherine called the trio together and cleared her throat. "Alright genin. Welcome to temporary team Golden Experience. Lucky for the three of you, I already know what all of you can do. So, I'll just point out that, for the moment, everyone is on alevel playing field being blinded. Take some time to look around where we are. Really take in what of your environment you can see. Once we are clear of the fog all bets are off. Step one, my boys," she said beginning to walk out of the fog into zone two, specifically keeping them on a path that would be near to the river, and it's slow current, that emptied into the water. "Know the limitations imposed on you by the environment, and don't disturb it. If we can track them, they can track us. We will be clear of the fog soon. Before we break the natural cover it has afforded us, I'd like to hear what each of you have to say about how we should work as a squad. I have a theory as well, but before I give you my answer I'd like to hear yours. And also, keep the noise to a minimum. Never know exactly how far out we are from our enemies," Kat would say. Shed been speaking incredibly softly, just barely audible above the stream, and only because they were close. Her own ears and eyes were active as she looked about the area. "Just in case you didn't know, I am an assassin. I specialize in stealth and subterfuge. I make ice, and move faster than anyone else on the planet so far as I've seen. Precision is the name of my game." With that she would stop just at the edge of the mist, still alongside the slowly flowing, somewhat murky water. Deep enough was this water for someone to be fully submerged, and for at least two people to swim side by side without touching. It was about twenty feet to the other side of it. Across the river was where Eiji had landed. Kat wondered as she looked down on the three of them who would come up with the best plan.

Sergeant Bloodhound

___youwillknownihilism
Captain

Sergeant Bloodhound

Distinct Lunatic

6,500 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Survivor 150
PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2016 7:05 pm
Kai N. Yamanaka

Kai connected his mind with his new allies, taking in information of their skills and sharing them with one another such that they might not waste time with small talk to understand one another. Factors to weigh were his allies' specialties, the woods and river, number of enemies, and their own safeties. After all, even if they win a fight, being worn out to be taken out later isn't good either.

Katherine-sensei should take high-point in the trees. Using verticality, we can break enemy formations from within if they don't guard from above. Zephyr should hide himself underwater by covering the surface with ice, defending river-side, while I take point on forest-side with Izuru behind. I'm more suited to use the high ground and Izuru's would be more capable of handling threats from behind. Kai communicated all this telepathically, so to not be overheard. In battle, we should attempt to draw enemy over the river using mid and long range attacks from our side. They'll likely split one-three or two-two, either sending a vanguard or leaving a support. This gives opportunity for Zephyr to either ambush a few when we'll rush in and quickly dispose of a target, an immediate advantage, or means Katherine-sensei can take out the support while the rest of us surround the enemy with myself on high-ground, Zephyr with field advantage, and Izuru acting as high-threat from below. They all specialized in some form of close-quarters, so this strategy was to make the best possible scenario for each of them to fight in.

"What do you think?" Kai asked, having worn out his mental mouth from all the thinking.

Chastiefol of Sloth
Sergeant Bloodhound
Dakota Gilliam

PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2016 11:24 pm
User Image

Rin Joukai
                                                                                xxxxxx.

Rin thought about it and that seemed the right position that Harumi recommended. She was surprised that she ditched the seal though. It was silly to be concerned about her chakra. "My Chakra is quite all right Harumi, I have more then a jounin if I were to give it a reference. As for our positions I agree with Harumi, with me close to the back I can attack from long range which is my specialty." With that she waited for there third squadmate to say something anything really. As I'm only posting cause it took so long and we've been waiting for him.....I mean reasons yeah reasons. Also AAron called my character Riri like five times lol. I also have nothing else to post or say sry writers block. Also if you took the time to read this what are you doing with your life. IM

Chakra: 170/175 Untapped Power: 50/50
                                                                                Speed: 4
                                                                                Strength: 3

Passives:

• Incarna Demona
                                                                                The ability to manipulate the time specifically around the user's body, severing their connection to the time of the current world. This can be used to heavily increase the user's speed, or heavily reduce the opponent's speed if used with chakra. Objects are also effected by this. This increases in power as the user ranks up: +1 at Chuunin, +2 at Jounin. To use this on the opponent, you must sacrifice the cost of the rank being used on them; ie, A rank chakra for a -2 slow. You can also use this on allies for positive effect, but as stated in the rules, this ability can only be used on one person at a time. This is considered a base buff or debuff.

• Dragon's Blood
                                                                                Being related to the Divine Beasts, the Genuire are draconian in their own right. Many of them actually develop the traits of a Divine Beast. This ability in particular allows for Genuire bloodline users to perceive natural energy due to their connection with the spiritual and animal forces. It is a long-range perception that can judge incoming masses of chakra and can also project their energy through these channelways, allowing them to send techniques across long expanses to attack enemies from afar. This is an ability mostly good for assassination. This cannot be used to detect genjutsu, but it can tell that a technique is being used. It also cannot release you from genjutsu.

• Joukai can manipulate techniques they've used. For example, if you shoot a beam of light, you can change its trajectory/path. If you shoot a ball of light, you can move it manually. At lower ranks, you must use your palm to manipulate the trajectory. Once you reach Jounin, you can do it with your mind, almost like telekinesis. Also, all light techniques can be focused; for example, a large and wide explosion of light can instead be decreased in size but increased in precision and heat. Essentially, you'd be turning it into a more accurate death ray.

• Every seven posts, you can phase out into light. This is essentially a very short (two second long) ability that lets you turn into light every so often. It doesn't cost any chakra. You can travel a distance of up to twenty feet while phased.

• You're immune to being blinded. You cannot be blinded by any means or even reduced in vision. The light is always present in your eyes. Furthermore, you can manifest light in external places, and burn them. For example, if you were to mark a location (as simple as pointing your palm at it), which would give it a golden lock-on symbol, you could transport your light techniques to that location. However, this is not a targeting system, and the light will not suddenly lock on to a target if it's moving. It's as simple as; if an enemy is standing in one place, you can almost instantaneously transport light to them, although it's really obvious since you have to lock onto them (which visibly floats in the air). It takes over a second to lock on, so anyone with a decent reaction time can easily get out of the way.

Black Fire Lord

Demonic Bachelorette

13,000 Points
  • Wall Street 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Tycoon 200

Yui Ga Dokuson

Thirteenth Gatekeeper

PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2016 8:59 am
      User Image
      User Image
                                                  [Otogakure] - [Genin] - [Hyuuga] - [Magician]

Great, a new weird team name Izuru thought to himself as he was given instructions. At-least it wasn't as weird as the last one. Upon being instructed to take a look around his surrounds to really take in the environment Izuru did just that. He gave a precursory glance around the area with his normal eyes, taking in as much detail about the landscape as he could, and then he did so once more with his Byakugan, getting an even more expansive view of the area. This time however, his vision would not be obscured like it was when he was launched to this destination, giving him a clear and precise view of all around him.

As his Kage and currently team leader began to walk off in the direction of ZONE TWO, Izuru happily followed along, still attentively listening to what the woman had to say while also keeping a strong bearing on his team's surroundings as to make sure they weren't ambushed or going in a dangerous direction. Being told not to disturb the environment, Izuru made sure that he avoided floating into anything, and since he wasn't walking he didn't have to worry about leaving tracks behind.

They eventually took a small pause near the edge of the mist which helped keep them hidden, and gave a bigger advantage for the use of Izuru's Byakugan, allowing him to see others should there be any while he himself could not be found or seen. When presented with a chance to create a plan of action, little Izuru raised his hand lazily, or with a lack of enthusiasm to be more precise.
                      "I have a few ideas." He began, keeping his voice down to practically a whisper.

"As a Taijutsu user, I could lead the front, as a person with exceptional support capabilities, Kai could run in the middle, and Zephyr, who is also a close ranged fighter such as myself could run in the rear while you do your assassin thing and submerge yourself in the shadows and follow along side us unseen. Or, if you have the water chakra element, you could use the Suimenka no Kisoku technique and submerge yourself in the river here and keep up with us that way, also staying unseen. Or like Kai presented, Zephyr can lurk in the water. If the two of you do separate like that however, you should make clones to take your place in the line-up as bait. After all, this is meant for us to get stronger and grow, it wouldn't be fair for you to snag all the action."

With that, Izuru returned to being silent and keeping an ever watchful eye on their surroundings with his Byakugan, observing a full three-hundred and sixty degree radius around them up to two kilometers out, or in normal terms, basically one mile and a quarter of vision.

»Chakra: 130/130
                      »Speed: 7
                      »Strength: 8
                      »Passives:
                      5 Chakra Regen per post
                      May use one Taijutsu style for free and gain stats, may learn one additional taijutsu style.
                      Direct hits on the opponent take away [10] chakra points. When hitting an opponent with Hyuuga techniques, 10% of the usual chakra drain is applied. For example, using the complete 8 Trigrams 64 Palms on an opponent will take 64 points as opposed to 640.
                      • Expel
                      Hyuuga members have an intense control over their own chakra system, allowing them to expel chakra from any point on their body with a simple thought. This can be enough to break most ropes, and anyone holding onto them may also have the chakra points in their hands closed when the chakra is expelled.
                      • Oni's Blood
                      The Magician's connection to natural energy gives them the ability to detect movements in the flow of natural energy around them. This gives the Magicians a very high level of perception, allowing them to recognize incoming masses of chakra, as well as detecting the flow of energy within the bodies of their opponents to gain insight on their next moves. Similarly to the Rinnegan, this means that enemies with higher chakra signatures are more easily combated, as the movements in their chakra are much easier to detect. This also means that enemies with higher chakra levels can be sensed from further away.
                      • Can I Borrow an Assistant from the Crowd?
                      Along with their ability to sense chakra, the natural energy connection allows the Magicians to have a personalized companion, typically an animal. This animal must be applied for within the pet applications--or right away with the bloodline application--and is subject to review from the regular summon/pet approver. If the Magician is willing to part with their ability to summon other hierarchies on the traditional summoning list, they may choose to have one much more powerful familiar, complete with a sage mode of its own. The sage mode--however--must at least mirror the current standard of sage modes in the guild, no stronger. Whereas the single summoned familiar may be more powerful than a boss summon, as it is the only summonable companion they get. if their outside chakra source is destroyed, so is their connection to this companion. Like the chakra source, this disconnection is only temporary, and can be repaired outside of battle.
                      • Dragon Breathing Technique
                      The user's breathing further capitalizes on their strength and allows them to stand their ground against attacks that would, normally, knock them on the floor. As long as the user can breathe, their feet will not leave the ground unless they are dislodged by a force far greater than them, such as violent winds that rip trees from the ground, or the forces of gravity.
                      • Enduring Soul
                      The user, after training under intense circumstances, can withstand four times the amount of weight their body holds, and lift twice their body weight with one arm. Lifting four times the weight of the body requires both arms, and will, essentially, make the user unable to move while it strains their body. That being said, that can endure massive amounts of pressure very early on, meaning that most hits will not faze them when combined with the Dragon Breathing Technique. They can still be damaged and die, but they will never cease their advance.
                      • We're just getting started!
                      This ability takes away the user's ability to attack for the post they're doing it. They taunt the enemy, lowering their guard so they can gather latent energy from resting. Even though they can't attack, they can dodge, which might be just enough. For every time this power is used, every jutsu is locked, but the user regains 5 points of chakra if they don't get hit in the post where they taunted the enemy.
                      • Heavy Stander
                      The user can be pushed back, but they now grip the ground much better and are difficult to move. Users that have learned Heavy Stander also have a hard time losing their balance or getting dizzy. This removes the ability to feel nauseous given that the user is trained enough in standing under so much pressure that their bodies have acclimated to the feeling of sickness. Combined with Enduring Soul and the Dragon Breathing Technique, the user has the freedom to choose where they're standing. They still take damage, but moving them is a feat that not many can achieve.

Technique(s) Used
                      • It's a Bird! It's a Plane! C Rank [Applied every three posts. 2/3]
                      A magic trick that has defied the eyes of many for decades, the idea of free-flight is one that has evaded Shinobi for quite some time. However, by some stretch of the mind--be it by their intense connection to natural energy, or their seemingly magical abilities--the Magicians are capable of free-flight once this technique is learned. Consider it a parting gift from one of the most promiscuous Oni to exist.

User Image

PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2016 11:49 pm
User ImageUser Image

Zephyrs Theme

Zephyr walked alongside Izuru as they went to the edge of the mist. They would crouch as to not be seen and during all of this time Zephyr would look around but see naught but water, tree's, and mist. He kind of sighed to himself at this and the fact that this meant even more work.

At first, they were labeled a team name that Zephyr didn't really understand. Perhaps the Kage thought she was being witty and that would make them laugh or sniffle at the horrid team name. Perhaps to lighten the mood. They were in a dangerous exercise but they did need to remember that this was only that. An exercise.

First came Kai's idea and then came Izuru's idea. Zephyr nodded and noticed the need for the hush hush whispering tone. "I like either idea. My only other idea to add would be for our Sensei and I to sink into the water and then one of us hit them from behind, the other from underneath the water using ice based attacks to trap them while Kai and Izuru attack from the left and right. When our Sensei and I go under we have our clones attack from the front creating a diversion long enough for the pincer attack to work. If we freeze even their footing Izuru and Kai can destroy them with extreme prejudice." He stated as quietly as he could. Before sighing quietly and scratching his cheek with his needle sword. "That's all I got. I'm good with anything."

Stats || Passives || Tech's Used || Quotes
                                                    Gennin ll Suiton/Taijutsu ll Hoshigaki/Hyoton ll Chakra: 125/125

Techniques Used:

Stats]

• Speed: 6 ( 8 )
                                                    • Strength: 7

Passives

► The user is able to manipulate their ice freely for one post after they use a technique, however this is only capable of manipulating that specific technique.
                                                    ► The Jaws of the Sea The Hoshigaki can manipulate water to the extent of their rank. Their water can move as fast as they can
                                                    ► Bloodlust Technique Due to their love for blood, if the Hoshigaki smells the blood of a Shinobi, they can sense the opponent from miles away.
                                                    ► Advanced Swimming Technique Because sharks have lived under water for centuries, the Hoshigaki can swim faster than the average Shinobi. (+2 to speed when swimming)
                                                    ► Underwater Breath Technique Since they are sharks in almost all aspects, those of the Hoshigaki Clan can freely breath underwater for as long as they'd like.
                                                    ► You can learn infinite taijutsu styles
                                                    ► You are immune to damage from jutsu or styles two ranks below you, and one rank below you or equivalent rank is reduced in pain and injury
                                                    ► You can learn styles that are one rank above you, unlike other ninja
                                                    ► Ice can be formed seamlessly and extremely fast.
                                                    ► Enhanced perception nearly to the point of prediction along with a very quick reaction time. At higher ranks, this perception can even rival the sharingan
                                                    ► +25 chakra.
                                                    ►PHYSICAL TOUGHNESS -- The Taijutsu class not only teaches you to ignore pain, but can also make you immune to damage from weak attacks, based on your rank, making you almost immune to damage 2 ranks below you:
                                                    ► Suiton techniques take two less posts to learn.
                                                    ► Can breathe under water.
                                                    ► Ice techniques require one-handed handseals to create, as well as one-handed seals for Suiton and Fuuton jutsus.
                                                    ► Only fire of two ranks higher and above can melt their ice, and Taijutsu of power 50 or higher to break.

[ OOC ]
                                                    Quote:

xxMomongaxx

Premium Combatant

___youwillknownihilism
Captain

PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2016 2:32 am

A voice tickled the inside of Katherine's mind, and her eyes tracked quickly to Kai, hearing his thoughts somewhat invasively creating phenomenon in her temporal lobe. She rose an eyebrow, the first time she actually had been in contact directly with a Yamanaka in a few years... since the end of the war. Kat let his words flow, listening to his plan intently and stacking it against her own. To a degree, they thought very similarly. She nodded, noting that he spoke aloud at the end, albeit quietly. She nodded to him with her lips pursed into a line and her face unreadable. What could be gathered was that she appreciated his input. Not often do the sheep tell the Shepard what they think, and as far as Kat was concerned that was a crime. There is always something to learn, something new to glean. From Kai, she gleaned that even weird little oddballs were still just as likely to be geniuses as the loud sarcastic assholes.

Next to draw on the Starry eyes of Katherine was Izuru. He looked lazy and disinterested which wasn't aided by the quiet tone enforced on all of them. In her head she couldn't wrap her head around the gray scale of personality she was observing. Katherine, when she was a 'genin' and thrown into the mountain alongside her brother and Sumiko, and the twins had been excited for a survival exercise where live rounds, as they were, would be flung around. Eiji himself had been there then as well, acting as their squad leader and hoping to destress a bit, and he had started a trend with Katherine of trying to connect with those below her. He was the first authority figure that wasn't simply abusive until she got something right. It was something about connecting with a person, having the hooks of their personality really dig in and reel out things within you that you don't know are there, help you grow stronger. When you get your first squad, this is ever the important. Your squadmates largely become your closest allies, rivals and confidants. Your first real battle is often with them, and for the shinobi of Oto this is in a simulation on the Mountain of Daimyaku. It isn't life threatening, but the danger is present. Once, after she was named Otokage, 8 teams were thrown in and of them only 3 of them came out of it "successfully." All of those teams came out of that exercise the way they went in: full of life, hope, and with vigor.

Her current batch were so far proving a let down.

Either way she heard what Izuru had to say even if her eyes were notably reflecting the apathy she was given. He had a good idea in creating clones, but whether she agreed with positioning or not was slightly different. Next was for Zephyr to speak, and Katherine saw in his face a similar lack of enthusiasm. When he finished, Katherine tapped her chin. "I like where your heads are at. But did you all take into account that we are here with not one but a pair of other squads? We don't know where they are yet. We could be caught between or on the outside. The range of sight given by the byakugan will give us that information, so we have a perception advantage as well as an early warning system. Depending on where, we have to be careful not to get caught in the center of a fight between all three. It puts us at a disadvantage. However, if we are on either fringe, then we will have a preferred position to launch ambushes. Nightfall will come soon, and I'd like to find somewhere somewhat safe to sleep. There is a cave farther into the forest that isn't normally here. Our general direction to move in is north by northeast. That puts us on a path that will follow this river. I like the plans you all set forth, so we will just combine all of them." With a practiced efficiency, a set of seals not so unfamiliar to everyone else were performed and a puff of smoke created a perfect clone of Katherine. "Here are our orders. Keep to the trees, and be as quiet as you can Kai and Izuru. Theres a way's of distance between the tree line and the river, so there will be distance between you two and us. Zephyr, create a clone of some kind to stay with them if you can, and take to the river. We will be goin under, and I'll stay clsoe to the opposite side of the river. Stay near your squad. Kai, to the best of your ability keep our minds linked telepathically. You'll be leading because your cell because you can only see ahead of yourself. Izuru can cover all directions with his eyes, which I expect won't be difficult. Now, we are here to beat our enemies as well as survive so watch each other's back. Zephyr, don't fall behind now," she joked walking on the surface of the water. Her last words came just before she sank below the surface of the water, all the way to the bottom to limit the chance she'd be seen. The clone spoke then. "As for our clones, Izuru I would like you to stay centered. I will be right behind you, Zephyr behind me. This takes most advantage of our perceptive skills. It's a basic thing I imagine you learned in the academy. Now, my real self has gone into hiding but will be easily able to keep up with us. I suspect shes arleady escaped Zephyr's ability to see her in the water. Let's get moving so we don't fall behind them." With that she'd expect the ordes to be carried out unless someone had questions, and into the forest we go.

Sergeant Bloodhound

PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2016 9:01 am
koshu landed on the water and stared at edgy-senpai, silently brooding about being called little mermaid  

Ningishzida

Demonic Gatekeeper

Sorgaren
Vice Captain

Enduring Receiver

9,700 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Marathon 300
PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2016 10:53 am
Team Changes: Oliver and Hayes didn't post within the required time, so the new teams are as follows:
--Kerron
-Song
-Bloodhound
-Flare

--Shane
-Dakota
-Brandon
-Aaron

Any questions/comments/complaints. my PM box and skype are open. tyty  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2016 12:56 pm
User ImageUser Image

At the very least, the snowstorm showed them to be planning...something? It was a little unexpected that a sound shinobi should have the ability to use snow, but that was bygones in the face of their technology. An ability currently unknown to the shinobi of this continent was one used regularly in the homeland of this strange invader. Thermal imaging was easily able to detect every heat signature on the mountain inside the snowstorm, giving them away even more than if they'd just tried to hide in the trees. "Trying to run? Cuuuute! You guys are going to make great pets when you finally realize that your eventual subservience is inevitable~!" The singsong voice of Barbara would chime from the loudspeaker once again, "We can still see you though, so maybe...stop trying to run? Or I'll have to shoot at you, and I'd like to have as many of you to rub my feet and scratch my back as possible ;D" Kat would quickly notice that the Airship's cannons had been trained on them for quite some while, and every time she moved--even if it were only inches--the cannon seemed to shift in response. Without something major, there was little they could do to escape the sights of the airship. While she herself was fast enough to dodge the shells, possibly, what did that mean for the Genin in her care? Would she leave them in lieu of setting up a resistance?

"Of course, you'll be doing more than rubbing my back~...if I like you. You have sooooo many more things you're going to do to me..." Her voice--at this point--was almost as though they were having phone sex. Or rather...she was having phone sex with multitudes of people. It was always the attractive ones with that little touch of crazy. How unfortunate. "But the one who put up the snowstorm. I don't like her. Over-resisting little b***h. I think we'll splatter that cute little body of hers all over that nice white snow. I was in the mood for a strawberry slushie." The usual hum of the engines was temporarily silenced by a noise much more potent; the crashing boom of the airship's cannon sounded, and a blast of chakra--moving at impossible speeds--launched straight at Kat and her Genin. The blast was beyond what's considered of 'SS' ranked power, and would take a skill of high energy to deflect. But...did Kat have anything like that in her arsenal. "Bye snowy slut~" Barbara chimed from above, taking an apparent delight in her impending doom.

Sorgaren
    Vice Captain

Enduring Receiver

9,700 Points
    • Gaian 50
    • Dressed Up 200
    • Marathon 300

___youwillknownihilism
    Captain

PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2016 10:09 pm

The noise overhead was the first thing that drew the attention, and immediately after the Ire, of Katherine Strehkovsky. No, her sharp eyes betrayed that Katherine had left the building entirely. The soft, gentle leader took a backseat in her mind and Killer Queen took the wheel. Her clone looked to the bird before the words even streamed from her mouth, and she spoke directly to it, knowing Kai was the one behind it's takeover. "Kai, Get back to your body on the triple. That's an order." The clone would then perform a set of standard handseals and slap the floor, probably alerting Takahara to her presence as PetShop came to life, flapping his wings and landing on a nearby branch. Katherine and her clone both listneed, looking up to the screens and seeing the woman. Every detail was committed to memory instantly. "What the ********> she mouthed out from both of her active vessels as the woman gave her display and spoke. Her hand traced the edge of her katana the moment the initial stream ended. Katherine's clone moved like a dart, appearing amidst the other two in a second and putting a finger to her lips. "Both of you need to get back to the village, now. I'm going to lay down down a bit of cover, but it's going to heavily reduce visibility. Stay close to each other and move fast and deliberate. Keep heading straight that way and you'll reach the base of the moutnain, avoid contact for now if you can. I'll be right behind you." The clone gave her orders, and then fluttered through her handseals, and PetShop went airborne, flying like a bullet towards where the real Katherine was while keweping trained eyes on the ships.

In mere moments, a heavy snowstorm would block the camera's view of the mountain. The real Katherine was frustrated, justifiably, with this. Katherine waited for Kai's consciousness to hopefully return and the snow to fall before looking the two in the cave in the eye. "Ok, this experiment is over. Come with me, stay close. Hana needs to be protected, at ALL costs. Ayura, I dare assume you know why." She would lift Kai herself if he took too long, and begin the short trek out of the area. She moved just slow enough that they could keep up. "I don't know what kind of skills or tech they have, but I can see clear as day in this snow storm. Hopefully, they cannot." With that, the Clone of Katherine would follow from a few yards behind the two genin in her charge, hoping Kuhaku or Sumiko or Takahara were still around somewhere.

Ningishzida

Sergeant Bloodhound

The Gilded Hope

Headless Koko

Underappreciated Aaron

Solarius Flare

PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2016 11:36 pm

XXXXXXUser Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

The trees on the mountain would creek and moan gently as they began to rock back and forth under the force of the exhaust from the airship's engines. Some of the trees would begin to move, casting their branches over the groups of shinobi below to obscure any direct line of sight from above. The dense underbrush would begin to clear itself, allowing those on the mountain to quickly find each other. One of Sumiko's wood clones would appear next to Katherine. "I wouldn't recommend fighting them. I can't sense anything through the walls of that thing. Its not that there is nothing on them, its that it appears as a void in space to me. There could be five people aboard, or five hundred. We should retreat until we can better assess the situation. We can't solve this if we don't know all the variables." The clone would begin to sink back into a tree before turning to Kat one last time. "There are a number of smaller towns not far from here that I don't think they have hit yet. We should scatter amongst these villages, rather then waste resources fighting back or put all of our remaining assets in one location."

Chakra: 220/220
                                                                      Speed: 5
                                                                      Strength: 7

Somnus Aeternam

Adorable Trendsetter

11,875 Points
    • Angelic Alliance 100
    • Party Animal 100
    • Ultimate Player 200

Somnus Aeternam

Adorable Trendsetter

11,875 Points
    • Angelic Alliance 100
    • Party Animal 100
    • Ultimate Player 200
    PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2016 11:55 pm

| Mood: Ready for Anything | Current Theme: Raise Hell | Thoughts: For futuristic people, those airships make a lot of noise. Obviously aren't electric powered hybrids. |

Harumi looked up the airships now floating directly above the mountain, jaw dropped in utter amazement. Finally, something worthwhile was actually going to happen. If there were airships and some woman announcer on the intercom, that mat some serious s**t was about to go down and they were finally going make stuff explode. Harumi jumped up and down in excitement, not fully understanding the gravity of what was going on. In her mind, this was obviously part of the training exercise or something and that edgy-senpai was really the person behind all of it. He was after all missing and these new people showed up. Coincidence, she thought not. "Hurry up and start this, whatever it is, I know its really you Edgy-senpai."

Harumi Mizuno | Gennin | Otogakure | Magician | Jiton | Metal Sage

|| Stats ||
                                                                Speed: 4
                                                                Strenght: 3
                                                                Chakra: 165/165 -- +5 Per Post

|| Bebe's Stats ||
                                                                Speed: 5
                                                                Strenght: 8
                                                                Chakra: 90/90 CP

|| Passives ||

NO HANDSEALS -- Because of the ease of use for elemental jutsu of their element, the do not need hand signs for jutsu of their element.
                                                                RANK INCREASE -- Sage Classmen gain a +1 in the strength of their chosen Sage element
                                                                BLOOD OF IRON -- This allows the user to manipulate iron sand in the area around them that they unearth or create. This is heavier than sand techniques, and can be used to neutralize them with techniques. The amount manipulated varies by rank, and this amount is always with them, be it in a gold, in the ground below, or however. This amount cannot exceed the amount that is allowed to be manipulated at that rank. The speed of the sand is one higher than your speed if using hands to manipulate it, or your speed normally. It is as strong as you are as well.
                                                                REGEN -- +5 chakra regen per post.
                                                                ONI'S BLOOD -- The Magician's connection to natural energy gives them the ability to detect movements in the flow of natural energy around them. This gives the Magicians a very high level of perception, allowing them to recognize incoming masses of chakra, as well as detecting the flow of energy within the bodies of their opponents to gain insight on their next moves. Similarly to the Rinnegan, this means that enemies with higher chakra signatures are more easily combated, as the movements in their chakra are much easier to detect. This also means that enemies with higher chakra levels can be sensed from further away.
                                                                CAN I BORROW AN ASSISTANT FROM THE CROWD? -- Along with their ability to sense chakra, the natural energy connection allows the Magicians to have a personalized companion, typically an animal. This animal must be applied for within the pet applications--or right away with the bloodline application--and is subject to review from the regular summon/pet approver. If the Magician is willing to part with their ability to summon other hierarchies on the traditional summoning list, they may choose to have one much more powerful familiar, complete with a sage mode of its own. The sage mode--however--must at least mirror the current standard of sage modes in the guild, no stronger. Whereas the single summoned familiar may be more powerful than a boss summon, as it is the only summonable companion they get. if their outside chakra source is destroyed, so is their connection to this companion. Like the chakra source, this disconnection is only temporary, and can be repaired outside of battle.

Ta no Kuni - Land of Rice

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
    Other Stuff
    Get GCash
    Offers
    Get Items
    More Items
    Where Everyone Hangs Out
    Other Community Areas
    Virtual Spaces
    Fun Stuff