Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

BlackFireKitsune
Vice Captain

Tiny Lunatic

PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2016 5:42 pm
The Lopunny turned her eager gaze from Taavi to Abel.

The blond didn't have to understand her exact words to know she wholeheartedly agreed with Taavi's suggestion, so he smiled. "Yeah, sure. I don't think Zev will mind if Vanessa gets a head start on us with dessert pancakes."

Ah, it got away again! Not about to be bested by such a tiny foe, Elizabeth lunged toward the fork, flames licking her jaws as she tried to snap at it again.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2016 5:48 pm
"I mean, you don't need proteins like that so," Taavi shrugged and gave Vanessa a wan smile, "it makes sense, nutritionally, right?" Veg, carbs, fruits, and some free sugars were excusable for nearly anyone.

Humm, well this made it hard to stir things with the fork as he had intended didn't it?

Zevran became slightly distracted from his little game with Elizabeth as he gave the pan of bacon a flip and then grabbed the big spoon to give the eggs a stir, they were coming with pancakes anyway so getting a little mix in with them was not so terrible.

TawnyAngel

Predestined Inquisitor

BlackFireKitsune
Vice Captain

Tiny Lunatic

PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2016 5:52 pm
she glanced back and forth between both humans uncertainly, not really recognizing or understanding some of the words.

With Zevran distracted and her prey not as quick to move, Elizabeth took advantage of the opportunity to clamp down on the utensil with her fiery jaws with a deep rumble, and promptly tried to pull it down to the floor - whether or not Zevran's hand was still attached to it.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2016 5:57 pm
"Oh, um, it does," Taavi assured Vanessa with a quick nod. "It uh, sorry it wasn't meant to sound like a question, or be a question but it kinda was. Did. Anyway yeah, syrup pancakes right?" He felt like... an idiot. Like an idiot but like nothing. Did that even make sense?

Discretion being the better part of valour Zevran let go of the fork when Elizabeth yanked it down and suffered only mild scorching from the fire around her jaws. "Oh, well, you killed it," he chuckled, shaking his arm briefly before dismissing the hot sear of the minor burn and flipping the first pancake out onto a waiting plate.

"Who is hungry?" he called towards the living room. "First pancake, bacon is ready too and eggs almost." Ah yes, bacon. "As promised!" Zevran grinned, grabbing a piece straight from the pan between thumb and forefinger and tossing it towards Elizabeth before it could burn him too much.

TawnyAngel

Predestined Inquisitor

BlackFireKitsune
Vice Captain

Tiny Lunatic

PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2016 6:31 pm
she said with a small nod, still snuggled against his side.

Ah, pancakes were done - or rather pancake. One pancake. Still, that was good, so Abel gave Taavi's shoulder a pat. "I'll get you a pancake and we can eat around the couch, yeah? I think it's more comfortable than the table." With that thought in mind - and not really in any mind to let Taavi argue otherwise, since he wanted his friend to be comfortable after what happened the night before - the blond stood and headed into the kitchen.

As the bacon flew through the air and landed on Elizabeth's nose, the fork clattered to the floor as she immediately dove for the actual food instead with a hungry rumble.

Abel turned the corner into the kitchen and paused, mug in hand, as he frowned down at the rather singed fork on the floor near Elizabeth, and aimed a raised eyebrow and puzzled expression at Zevran. "Why's she have a fork?"

PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2016 6:35 pm
"Okay, sure, thanks," Taavi agreed as he cuddled up more comfortably in the depths of couch and multiple friendly pokemon.

By the time Abel came into the kitchen the next pancake was cooking and the first batch of of the bacon and eggs had been tipped onto another plate. "Ah," Zevran twirled the pancake pan to spread the batter and waved his slight burned arm. "We were duelling, I think she won this round when I became distracted by the eggs and bacon. More pancakes will follow soon, and more bacon and eggs if you desire, but they are best hot so I will call them off as they come if that suits?"

TawnyAngel

Predestined Inquisitor

BlackFireKitsune
Vice Captain

Tiny Lunatic

PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2016 6:41 pm
While pancakes and breakfast foods were delicious and important - especially on an empty stomach and with a usually poor diet - they took a backseat as Abel stepped past Elizabeth. He reached out to gently catch the waving arm around the wrist and pulled it closer to see how much damage had actually been done, though as he did so he asked, "How bad is it?" He hadn't heard anything, so it couldn't be too bad...  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2016 6:47 pm
"Oh?" Zevran's brows rose slightly in surprise at the sudden attention, he hadn't expected such an interest in such a minor injury. "It's nothing important, just a scorch," he explained with a shrug but he allowed Abel to catch is arm and look at it all the same. So far as Zevran was concerned he was being truthful, the skin was reddened but not blistered at all and while it hurt he knew it would heal within a few days. "My fault for losing concentration," he concluded.  

TawnyAngel

Predestined Inquisitor

BlackFireKitsune
Vice Captain

Tiny Lunatic

PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2016 6:56 pm
As he said, it didn't look too bad besides the color. No broken skin, no blistering... Abel gently turned Zev's hand over once more before letting go. "That's good, it really doesn't look too bad," he agreed, relieved. He set his mug down on the counter and stooped down to retrieve the fork, but Elizabeth had finished her bacon and dove for it first.

Unfortunately for her Abel didn't care to dodge her waiting jaws - quite the opposite in fact. When she dove for the fork, his hand changed directions and went straight into her mouth, where it curved around her lower jaw. The fire-type stopped abruptly and made a confused, vaguely distressed noise. With Elizabeth's jaw in one hand, Abel used his free hand to pick up the fork, then straightened back up and offered the singed, obviously dirtied utensil back to Zev. "Please don't encourage her - or if you do, make sure it's outside or something. She plays rough, if you couldn't tell," he said seriously, though his tones held some levity in the final comment at least. The trapped Charmeleon looked helplessly up at Zevran, as if he'd save her from her horrible fate of being stuck with her mouth open.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2016 7:01 pm
Ah, woops. Zevran gave a slightly sheepish smile and nodded. "Outside, I promise, I wouldn't want to cause any damage to your apartment," he said as he took the fork over to the sink to wash it. "Anyway, the second pancake will be done shortly," he stepped back to the stove to give it a flip, "so if you want to wait a moment you can take two out?" Thankfully Abel didn't actually seem angry over the transgression but he would make sure it didn't happen again all the same.  

TawnyAngel

Predestined Inquisitor

BlackFireKitsune
Vice Captain

Tiny Lunatic

PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2016 7:09 pm
"Thanks," he said, his expression softening into a smile. "Yeah, they'd probably get pretty pissed if she torched the apartment, but I'd rather not see any damage come to you either. An apartment can always be fixed or stuff replaced, but you, on the other hand..." He trailed off there and didn't bother to finish the sentence; he felt the rest of it was obvious enough that it didn't need to be said, especially after the previous evening. Things could be replaced - friends couldn't.

Ah? "Oh, yeah, I'll wait," the blond agreed with a nod as he took a step to one side to lean against the counter, then picked up his coffee mug to take a sip. Elizabeth followed after with a mournful expression, and after a few more moments of having Abel holding her jaw open she whined; it was rather pitiful and, like most of her noises, somewhat guttural.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2016 7:15 pm
Oh, well, that was...

"Yes well it would be a shame to ruin my pretty face yes?" Zevran said with an odd sounding little chuckle-laugh as he turned back to the stove in order to put on more bacon and eggs, notably also putting his back to Abel in the process. "I thought I would put lemon zest into the pancake mix when we are ready for sweet ones," he went on, prematurely trying to shuffle the pancake pan and so getting no result at all for his effort. "Orange is traditional but I have two lemons, so we may as well use all of them yes? Yes."

There was nothing strange about somebody wanting him to remain undamaged, it was the way Abel said it that was unfamiliar.

TawnyAngel

Predestined Inquisitor

BlackFireKitsune
Vice Captain

Tiny Lunatic

PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2016 7:24 pm
Abel's eyebrows raised over his mug of coffee as he took another sip, watching Zevran avoid looking at him - for the second time that morning, this time almost definitely deliberately - and silently wondered why. Was it what he'd just said? ...hm. He filed the tidbit away as a mental note for some other more appropriate time. For now, he played along with pretending like Zevran didn't just completely ignore what he'd just said and go on about breakfast instead. "Lemon zest sounds good. I mean all of it sounds good anyway, I haven't had such fancy pancakes before," he admitted before he took another sip of his coffee.

When Elizabeth resigned herself to her fate and waited quietly, Abel waited a few more moments before looking down at her. "Are you gonna behave now?"

"Graaawwwwwrrrrr," she replied mournfully around his hand in her mouth. He wasn't holding it very hard at all, and they both knew that she could get away any number of ways, but they also both knew she wouldn't dare to do any of them.

Abel offered her a smile and said, "That's my girl." As he spoke he let go and reached around to stroke the top of her head a bit. She rumbled and headbutted his hip before she plodded off into the other room.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2016 7:30 pm
"You might want to wash that hand," Zevran pointed out, million watt grin fully restored as he tossed the second cooked pancake onto a second plate. "Unless you like pokemon spit as part of your diet that is, I will not judge you if you do." As he spoke Zevran spread some egg onto the second pancake and laid a couple of rashers of bacon over that before folding it in half and then half again with his fork. "Easier for Taavi to pick up?" he suggested with a shrug. "Cutting food is hard with one hand, trust me I have tried." Zevran winked along with the last comment, moving back into territory he felt comfortable with.  

TawnyAngel

Predestined Inquisitor

BlackFireKitsune
Vice Captain

Tiny Lunatic

PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2016 7:48 pm
Ah, it hadn't taken him too long to recover, it seemed. Abel amended the mental note from before as he let out a breath of a laugh and set his coffee mug down. "No, I don't normally have pokemon spit in my diet," he said with a shake of his head while he moved past his friend to wash his hands in the sink. By the time Zev had filled and folded a pancake, Abel had washed and dried his hands with a towel that he then tossed onto the counter rather than hang it back up somewhere. "Ah, thanks," he said, eyebrows lifting a bit as he accepted the plate with a soft smile. "That's a good idea." He set it back down on the counter though so he could free both his hands to doctor the second pancake with eggs and bacon for himself and grab a couple forks. Once he finished he picked up one plate, picked up his coffee mug, held it against his chest with his arm, then picked up the second plate, then departed the kitchen carefully.

He crossed the living room and held out the plate Zevran had made up, complete with a fork if he needed it, offering it to Taavi. "Here you go man, breakfast is served." Man, it was really nice of Zevran to make breakfast for them like this... Not just make pancakes, but complicated pancakes - breakfast and dessert pancakes. He'd definitely need to make sure Zev had time to eat some, and to thank him again in a few minutes.

Roleplay

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff