Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

BlackFireKitsune
Vice Captain

Tiny Lunatic

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2017 4:34 pm
Abel slid an arm around Zevran's waist, murmured a soft "thank you" and pressed a kiss to his temple. The mention of presents drew some surprise however, and his eyebrows lifted a bit. "Presents? Surprises are one thing, but Christmas presents are another entirely. It depends what it is," he said as he pulled out Zevran's chair before sitting down in his own, "but if it's like cards or small gifts or something you have to say, then whenever is fine, pretty much. Bigger presents aren't usually something to open during lunch," he explained with a brief chuckle. "Which reminds me, I have some presents for you too, both from me and from my parents."  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2017 4:37 pm
"Uh?" Zevran blinked up at Abel in surprise, Abel never seemed to stop surprising him. "From your parents?" He sat down obediently, his look of surprise slowly giving way to a frown. "Oh but I didn't get anything for them, is that rude?" He hadn't known they would get anything for him, why had they got anything for him? It was very kind but... but why? "Ah and... they are not very big? My presents for you. We can wait until after we eat if you would like though? Whatever you think best."  

TawnyAngel

Predestined Inquisitor

BlackFireKitsune
Vice Captain

Tiny Lunatic

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2017 4:46 pm
"Yep, from my parents," he affirmed with a nod, and since Zev seemed a little distracted by the thought, Abel pulled the bag of food over to pull their sandwiches out before he put Zev's on his plate for him. "Nah, it isn't rude. It's not like you knew they'd give you anything, yeah? I asked them for one of them but Mom wanted to get you another one too. Hm," he hummed thoughtfully, frowning a bit as he set his own sandwich on his plate and unwrapped it, absently crinkling the paper a little more between his fingers after he'd done so. "I think I'll give you all of them after lunch," he decided, "I dunno if any of them would really be good to open at the table. You can give me yours whenever -- I'm flexible," the blond finished with an easy shrug and a little smirk. "Whatever you want to do, really."  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2017 4:51 pm
Abel had asked his parents for something on his behalf? And Joanna had still got him something extra? Zevran smiled warmly but a little hesitantly. "Your mother is a kind woman. I ah... yes, let us wait until after we eat, I think that would be easier? There is some fiddling involved with one of mine to you, so that is best done when we have finished." And the other could do without somehow getting creased or stained, if the invites were in less than pristine condition he suspected an excuse would be found to turn them away.... And this was still assuming Abel wished to go at all of course.  

TawnyAngel

Predestined Inquisitor

BlackFireKitsune
Vice Captain

Tiny Lunatic

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2017 5:02 pm
Abel's expression softened. "Yeah, she is. But I had to get it from somewhere, yeah?" And right back to a smirk. As he removed his sandwich from the wrapper and grabbed his plate instead, the blond pondered just what sort of presents Zevran could have for him. He had everything he needed right there. "Alright, after lunch sounds good. I'm curious about this fiddling though," he added with a slightly wry smile. Such curiosity could wait until after though, so with that thought in mind he took a bite of his sandwich.  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2017 1:51 am
Zevran finished unwrapping his own sandwich and took the top off the pot dip, releasing a cloud of steam and a delicious savoury smell. "You do have that in common, kindness," he said with a quick glance and a small smile to Abel. He was fortunate to have met him, had he not what would he be doing right now? Nothing half so enjoyable as this.

"Ahh, and you shall just have to be patient." Zevran wagged a serious finger at Abel and smirked."There will be plenty of time for fiddling later... Though I admit I am likewise very curious about what you have got for me! I ah, I have not often had presents, it is rather exciting!" A gift just for him that Abel had chosen, for him.  

TawnyAngel

Predestined Inquisitor

BlackFireKitsune
Vice Captain

Tiny Lunatic

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2017 8:24 am
A warm, happy feeling wrapped around his heart like a fuzzy blanket; he'd missed that shy smile of his. He'd missed him. "Man that smells good," he said instead, his gaze shifting to the heavenly aroma wafting up from the container. Pointing out how adorable he was could wait until after lunch.

"Ohhh, is that a promise?" A wide, salacious smirk crossed his face, but then a moment or two later he chuckled and it softened to a smile. "No? Well you'll just have to get used to them! How often is not often, if you don't mind my asking?"

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2017 12:01 pm
Zevran smirked. "A promise? Well I see no reason why it cannot be; a promise it is. As for your question, sometimes my roommates and I would buy something for one another if one of us had done something particularly impressive, usually it was alcohol. Sometimes I would get presents for," he shrugged and made a dismissive gesture, "doing favours. That was often also alcohol now that I think of it but other things sometimes too; watches, nice clothing, this and that. Presents just for the sake of a date in the calender though? That is new to me."  

TawnyAngel

Predestined Inquisitor

BlackFireKitsune
Vice Captain

Tiny Lunatic

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2017 1:16 pm
Abel opened his mouth to ask 'what sort of favors?' but then shut it again when he realized the answer would probably make him angry. Instead he shrugged and said, "Well that's just too bad, there's not a single drop of alcohol in any of your presents. I'd apologize, but I'd like to think you'll like them a little more than some alcohol."

Their light lunch seemed to pass by quicker than normal - or at least Abel thought it did - perhaps due to how much he'd missed Zevran and how happy he was to have his company again, especially alone. After they'd finished eating and cleaned off the table, Abel headed into his bedroom to fetch the various presents he had for his friend. When he returned to the living room to place the gifts on the coffee table, Sonia followed after, carrying the smaller gifts while he carried the two larger ones. Zevran's presents numbered five in all; a large box, a medium-sized box, two flat rectangular boxes, and one small square box. "Alright, here we go," Abel said as he set the two biggest boxes down carefully on the table before he flopped onto the couch; Sonia set down the other three boxes beside the first two. Caleb laid down nearby and scooted as close as he could as indiscreetly as he could - which ended up being not even a little bit - so he could sniff at the boxes wrapped in winter-themed paper. The blond aimed a warm smile at Zevran and motioned for him to come join him on the couch. "Time for presents!"

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2017 1:26 pm
Ah, had food ever tasted so good? Certainly not since Abel had been away.

With the extremely delicious sandwiches finished and everything cleared away Zevran retrieved the presents he'd got for Abel... All two of them. Was that important? No it probably wasn't, Abel would have told him if it was important to match the number of presents. He still felt a little bad that he didn't have more to give his friend though, his offering was one smallish box and one plain envelope.

"So, how do we go about this?" Zevran asked as he set the box and the envelope down on the coffee table and then sank down onto the couch. "Do we take it in turns or-?" His eyes kept wandering away from Abel to the stack of presents, it was difficult to contain his excitement! Presents for him, from Abel and his family.

TawnyAngel

Predestined Inquisitor

BlackFireKitsune
Vice Captain

Tiny Lunatic

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2017 1:42 pm
While he would've been perfectly content without having anything to open himself - he had everything he could possibly need, as far as he was concerned - it still filled him with joy to know Zevran wanted to give him gifts anyway. He slipped an arm around Zev's shoulders to pull him closer so he could kiss his temple, his lips lingering for a moment or two as he considered the question. "How about you open two and then I'll open one?" He suggested when he leaned back, then scanned the five boxes for Zev for a moment before leaning forward, grabbing both identical rectangular boxes, and settled them in his friend's lap. "These two first!"  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2017 1:46 pm
"Oh! Alright then yes, we will do it like that," Zevran agreed, unable to help the eager grin that spread across his face as two boxes were deposited in his lap. Before he opened them however he turned to Abel and leaned up to kiss his cheek. "I cannot wait to see what's inside! Thank you!" And then without further delay he started to rip into the packaging, that was how people unwrapped things yes?  

TawnyAngel

Predestined Inquisitor

BlackFireKitsune
Vice Captain

Tiny Lunatic

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2017 1:58 pm
Zevran's excitement was infectious; Abel found himself grinning as he chuckled and pressed a kiss to the fine blond hair atop his head. "One's from me and one's from my parents. Mom specifically," he clarified.

Inside each box was a blanket. One was a deep red fleece on one side and a fluffy cream on the other, combining to make a warm, thick, plush blanket. The other contained a Christmas card, inside of which was written a short but warm, heartfelt message and signed by Abel's parents. Beneath that sat a thick handmade quilt; a navy blue border surrounded blocks of white and navy blue inside which were interspersed blocks of different shades of blue to make a simple, symmetrical pattern for the top. The underside was entirely navy blue.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2017 2:05 pm
Zevran made a small noise of delight as he unwrapped the packages and he wasted no time in snuggling the blankets within around himself. "These are wonderful!" he grinned as he felt the different materials with his fingertips, they would definitely make sleeping at the warehouse a little more bearable... Abel hadn't told his parents about that had he? No, he wouldn't have done that.

Once he had read the card too Zevran looked at Abel again and leaned up to kiss him softly on the lips. "Thank you, and I shall send my thanks to Joanna too by email." Presents; simple, thoughtful presents that were... He wasn't sure what he was trying to articulate to himself. He was definitely keeping these blankets forever though.

TawnyAngel

Predestined Inquisitor

BlackFireKitsune
Vice Captain

Tiny Lunatic

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2017 2:21 pm
Nope, he definitely didn't need anything else. This was all he needed.

Abel gladly returned the kiss. "You're welcome, and she'll absolutely love that." Oh, he looked so excited, so happy. No, he didn't need anything more than this.

Roleplay

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff