Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

BlackFireKitsune
Vice Captain

Tiny Lunatic

PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2017 1:03 pm
Zevran's grin warmed his heart and made him smile brighter in return, so he pressed another kiss to his hand - his knuckles this time - and turned to lead him towards the drinks table. "I'll gladly fetch you whatever drink you'd like," he added with a brief chuckle, giving Zev's hand a squeeze, but the matter of honorifics gave him pause. Huh... Arl was an honorific? "I thought it was a first name, to be honest, but.. I'm not sure if it suits you." He glanced back at his friend for a long moment, his gorgeous amber eyes, the way he smiled at him, his handsome suit that fit him perfectly, just - him - he looked absolutely stunning, and Abel suddenly found himself feeling immensely lucky to have been asked on this date. "...nope, doesn't suit you," he finally concluded with a shake of his head after he'd stared at him for perhaps a few moments longer than necessary, "it's not fancy enough."

Isaac trotted after Abel's heels, sticking close so he wouldn't be stepped on or anything as they crossed the spacious lobby.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2017 1:53 pm
Zevran squeezed his fingers around Abel's, he couldn't seem to stop grinning and come to that he didn't want to try. "Champagne then, it is a celebration after all.... And I don't think it suits me either," the grin became a little mischievous, "I am far too exciting to be an Arl."

He watched Abel walk away towards the drinks table and found himself running his thumb over his lips. How had he got himself into this, and what was this? He cared too much but he did not want to care less than he did, he was happier now than he had ever been in his life and that was entirely because of Abel. Had he told him that? Could he tell him that? Perhaps not, perhaps it was too big a thing to say. He should just enjoy tonight, not worry about the whys or about what would happen tomorrow or the next day. Live in the moment, that was what he had always done wasn't it?

TawnyAngel

Predestined Inquisitor

BlackFireKitsune
Vice Captain

Tiny Lunatic

PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2017 2:17 pm
If Zevran wanted champagne, then champagne he would receive. ...as soon as he could find it. There were numerous drinks laid out in fancy glasses along the table... beside a decorative display of various canapes, one of which gave him pause, so he picked up one - something with some kind of meat on it - and stooped to offer it to his Espeon with a soft "here you go, bud" before straightening up again. Now, which one of these drinks was champagne... He almost never had champagne, but at least knew it was usually clear and bubbly, so maybe one of those..? But what if they were something different? While he was sure Zevran would've been happy to drink whatever drink he brought back, he'd requested champagne specifically and so that was what he fully intended to bring back for him. ...as soon as he found it.  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2017 2:24 pm
Almost nobody had ever accused Dith of being serious. This was because he did things like stand behind somebody's right shoulder while he reached over to tap them on their left.

"Good evening Abel!" The giant man beamed. "I didn't know you were coming!"

Tonight Dith was wearing one of his two smart suits, the fun one not the sombre one; it was dove grey and came with a pale pink waistcoat with a matching cravat. Standing beside Dith was a Glaceon; she was wearing an earring and a sequinned collar and looked very pleased with herself indeed.  

TawnyAngel

Predestined Inquisitor

BlackFireKitsune
Vice Captain

Tiny Lunatic

PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2017 2:34 pm
Abel glanced over his left shoulder before he aimed a bright grin over his right, then turned to offer the larger blond his hand. "Hey! Happy New Year! I didn't know you were coming either," he admitted with a chuckle. "Though to be fair I wasn't invited until a few days ago, so," the blond shrugged a bit. His colorful gaze drifted over Dith's handsome suit and then down to the handsome Glaceon at his side, who looked quite satisfied, either with herself or with her surroundings. Maybe both? "Aw, who's this beautiful thing you've brought with you?"  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2017 2:48 pm
"Ah, well that was an oversight," Dith winked, at least presumably it had been supposed to be a wink, "I should have thought to ask you, after all this is my birthday party." It was his birthday (tomorrow) and it was a party and that was good enough for him! Plus it would be fun to see how many people he could convince that this actually was his party, and how many just smiled and nodded.

"And this is Sorbet," Dith continued with a smile down to the petite Glaceon. "She belongs to the daughter of one of my colleagues but she has just gone to university and does not have much time now so she has come to stay with me for the next few years. Sorbet, this is Abel and Isaac. I must say you look well Abel!" Last time he'd seen him Abel had been as a rake and with several knife wounds in his chest. How long ago had that been now? It felt like only yesterday but it must have been months.  

TawnyAngel

Predestined Inquisitor

BlackFireKitsune
Vice Captain

Tiny Lunatic

PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2017 3:20 pm
For a moment Abel stared at Dith, his eyes narrowed a bit, quite puzzled about what he'd just said. The tickets hadn't mentioned Dith or a birthday or anything of the sort, and he thought for sure that if the party had been for someone, such fancy invitations would've plainly stated so. So why...?

...why not?

The blond's skeptical expression morphed to a grin and he chuckled. "Oh, of course! How could I have missed that? Happy birthday!" He exclaimed, reaching up to pat the larger man on the shoulder. He'd almost forgotten that Dith's birthday was on New Year's, but then he called to mind his birthday bash on a boat... how long ago had that been now? A couple years, surely. That long ago already...? "I'm a terrible party guest though, I'm afraid; I didn't bring you any gifts."

Ah! "Well, it's a pleasure to meet you Sorbet," Abel said politely, aiming a warm smile down at the ice-type. "You look simply ravishing, though I can't imagine how difficult it must be to be away from your trainer for so long." ...unless it wasn't, perhaps she liked being with Dith more? She didn't look too upset at the moment in any case. He turned a bright grin to Dith next. "Thanks! I think I've gotten a lot better since the last time I saw you." Although perhaps 'a lot' was a bit of an understatement. "How've you been?"

PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2017 3:30 pm
"Ah it's not so bad eh Sorbet?" Dith asked the Glaceon rhetorically with a warm smile. He then looked back at Abel and explained; "We skype often with Jen and visit when we can make the time, and Sorbet is getting on very well with all of us!" She was a fussy thing but sweet and kind, always a pleasure to have around.

"And I forgive you for not bringing me anything," Dith continued with a soft chuckle and a shake of his head, "your presence is a present! Don't take this the wrong way but how did you get an invite?" This was a rather up market event and Abel... Well he didn't quite fit with the champagne sipping set, fit with them even less than Dith did himself which was not a lot to start with.

"A lot is quite an understatement! And I am well, busy but what else is new?" Dith's bass laugh rang out through the lobby and attracted a few stares, which he didn't appear to notice. "Between work and volunteering with the KSO and all of the training we do for that the days fly by. I am still trying to pretend that I am not forty nine tomorrow." He smiled wryly and shook his head. "It will happen to you before you know it Abel! Enjoy being twenty-something while it lasts."  

TawnyAngel

Predestined Inquisitor

BlackFireKitsune
Vice Captain

Tiny Lunatic

PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2017 4:16 pm
"Oh, that's good then," Abel commented with a smile aimed at Sorbet first and Dith second.

Then he chuckled, his smile morphing into a grin. "How magnanimous you are! I'll still get a present for you anyway, I think; hopefully you won't mind that it's late." What could he even get for him though...? That would take some thinking; not something he felt like doing right now. Especially not once Dith reminded him just why he was at the drink table specifically. "Christmas present," he replied with a grin that only held traces of mischief - Zevran could go into more detail with Dith if he wanted to, once he got back to him after far too long - and he chuckled again. "Well and busy are both good, I think. I've been both lately, and I'm definitely enjoying them as much as I can, don't worry!" Or at least, he was now that Patty was gone.

Turning towards the drink table again, he picked up two relatively clear, somewhat bubbly drinks in elegant glasses and held them up for inspection. "I don't ever drink the stuff so I'm not entirely sure; is this champagne?"

PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2017 4:28 pm
"Oh?" Dith raised his eyebrows in surprise, though he was still smiling at the same time. It seemed like an odd present to give to somebody but obviously Abel had been happy enough to receive it! "A much more interesting gift than socks," he observed with some amusement. He then paused and added; "But you know if you wanted to give me socks, socks are always useful!" You could never have too many socks.

"And yes, that would be champagne or," Dith shrugged impressively, "something very similar at least. At a party like this I think champagne is more likely than cava, prosecco or suchlike." Seen as he was here Dith picked up a glass for himself, and then he realised that Abel had taken two. He started to grin again. "Ahh, you're not here alone are you?"  

TawnyAngel

Predestined Inquisitor

BlackFireKitsune
Vice Captain

Tiny Lunatic

PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2017 4:49 pm
"Yep! I think it's one of my favorite gifts," he said with a bright smile, and noted the boring gift suggestion as one he might consider. Maybe he'd get him some colorful mismatched socks? He seemed like the type of person who'd thoroughly enjoy such a gift. Maybe. Or at least be polite about it.

Aha! Champagne - or similar - in hand, Abel nodded, satisfied. "Alright, cool." Hopefully it was champagne, but 'close enough' was good enough. It might still be different, but not vastly different at least. Dith's question prompted a wide, pleased grin to spread across his face. "Nope! I told you it was a Christmas present, didn't I? There were two tickets," he said as he gestured one of the two glasses of champagne, then began to walk in the direction he'd gestured in the hopes Dith would follow. "And I just remembered I've been gone far too long; I'm a terrible date and the party's barely even started." Hopefully Zevran wouldn't mind, but he still felt a pang of guilt for leaving him alone for so long.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2017 5:02 pm
If Abel was on a date he didn't want to intrude but a gesture was made that seemed to indicate that he was welcome and so Dith followed along happily, he had to admit that he was curious about Abel's date! "Ahh, that makes a lot more sense than you just being given a ticket," he chuckled. "Where is your lovely date then? I am sure she will forgive you if you smile nicely, and hand over the drink you were sent for."

As he spoke Dith scanned the lobby for a lone woman who might be Abel's date but most seemed to be accompanied or moving with purpose.... There was however a lone man; he knew him too or at least he recognised him, he had come to visit Abel while he had been in hospital.... Waaaait.  

TawnyAngel

Predestined Inquisitor

BlackFireKitsune
Vice Captain

Tiny Lunatic

PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2017 5:56 pm
Abel laughed, thoroughly amused by the thought of someone of his status being given a ticket. No, that would never happen, not in a million years. "No, I doubt they'd ever give me one for my line of work," which was sort of but not completely retail, "and it wouldn't make much sense if they did, I agree completely." As he spoke he carefully navigated through the crowd, murmuring a polite 'excuse me' when necessary, though being accompanied by a huge Russian man with a - fashionable! - eyepatch helped expedite things.

"My lovely date," he went on as they drew closer, his smile brightening at the thought, "is right here. Sorry for the wait," he added once he stopped by the shorter blond and offered one of the glasses with a flourish. His smile turned sheepish. "I got a little distracted, but look who I found! You've both met before, right? At the hospital?" He hadn't dreamed that up because of the pain medication they'd drugged him up on, right?

PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2017 6:07 pm
He had been beginning to wonder if Abel had got lost somehow, but how could you get lost going to get a drink? Perhaps there was a line. Whatever the cause of the delay, though he would prefer Abel to be here his absence did give Zevran a chance to look around and actually pay attention to what was here rather than getting distracted by his date. There were certainly a lot of wealthy looking people around and it was tempting to try to relieve some of them of a little of that but no, he was here tonight for pleasure not business of any kind.

As he turned back towards the drinks table Zevran spotted a somewhat familiar, extremely distinctive figure and a moment later he picked out Abel beside him. Zevran found himself starting to smile again unbidden as he headed over to meet them, relieved Abel of one of the drinks, and leant up to kiss him briefly on the cheek. "Thank you Abel, and we have! Nice to see you again, you are looking rather fetching tonight. Pink suits you." What was the man's name again? Oh well, if he didn't remember soon he would ask.

He felt a bit silly for assuming Abel's date would be a woman, it wasn't the sort of thing you should do but either Abel hadn't noticed or hadn't minded. Dith nodded and toasted his glass towards the tattooed man. "Yes, we have, but I am afraid I have forgotten your name! Well, whoever you are you also look very nice."  

TawnyAngel

Predestined Inquisitor

BlackFireKitsune
Vice Captain

Tiny Lunatic

PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2017 8:54 pm
Seeing just how pleased Zevran was to see him made his heart flutter a bit. Perhaps he read too much into it, or imagined it entirely, even, but he liked to think neither was the case. He was also happy to know that they had, in fact, met at the hospital like he'd thought. Good thing that hadn't been some sort of fever dream. His sheepish smile morphed to a small, happy grin at the kiss, and he slipped an arm around the shorter blond's waist while he gestured with his glass, "I'll remind you then! This is Zevran, also known as Arl Antiva - though the honorific is subject to change, I think - and this lovely little lady here is Clara. And this," he gestured towards the Russian man rather needlessly but felt like doing so just the same, "is Dith, or Dima, whichever he prefers." He shot the older blond a brief, querying look; he couldn't remember which he preferred but knew he'd tell Zev which, or either, and they could obviously go from there. Next he gestured to the Eeveelution at Dith's feet, "And the beautiful Glaceon with him is Sorbet."

But then he grinned a playful, mischievous grin at his date. "Tonight is his birthday, you know. I don't know about you but this is the grandest birthday party I've ever seen."

Roleplay

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff