Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

BlackFireKitsune
Vice Captain

Tiny Lunatic

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2017 9:53 am
"It was, wasn't it? I never thought I'd see her again, especially not here," Abel replied easily, though the concern etched into his features and tinging his voice didn't waver. Was that really all it was, he just wasn't sure how to react with her there? ...no, no that couldn't be it. It might have been part of it but there was more to it than that. He couldn't forget just how tightly Zevran had held his hand, how something had felt distinctly different, off about his behavior. "Are you sure that's all it was?"  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2017 9:58 am
Ah. Well... Great. Now what was he to say?

Zevran gave a slightly nervous sounding laugh and shrugged. "Ah, I suppose I was feeling a little possessive? It has been a long time but... well I know how you felt about her." He couldn't compete with that, they were having fun and he knew Abel liked him a lot, but he was no Molly.

TawnyAngel

Predestined Inquisitor

BlackFireKitsune
Vice Captain

Tiny Lunatic

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2017 10:16 am
...oh. "You were... feeling possessive?" Surprise colored his expression but really it shouldn't have, it should have been obvious... but why should it have been obvious? It wasn't like Zevran acted possessive before, though now that he thought about it he did seem like the type to be at least a little possessive.

The surprise faded and his expression morphed into a pleased, warm smile when that may not have been the appropriate reaction, but he couldn't help but feel warm inside at the thought. He lifted his head to press a soft kiss to Zev's forehead before leaning his against it again so he could look into his amber eyes. "I'm yours, remember? All yours, only yours. You can be possessive of me if you want to be. And," his hand left his boyfriend's shoulder so he could stroke his cheek gently instead, "I did feel very strongly about her before, but that was in the past. Four years ago, even, and I don't feel that way about her anymore. I haven't for a couple years now, at the very least. You're much more important to me than she is." Possessive... he couldn't imagine that was the only thing Zevran was feeling at the moment, but he believed it was at least half of it. Hopefully he could figure out and assuage the rest.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2017 10:34 am
Zevran shrugged and then nodded acknowledgement as Abel repeated him. This kiss to his forehead was welcome and Abel's words were somewhat reassuring and yet...

"Are you sure?" Zevran looked up at Abel with just a hint of worry in his eyes, maybe it really was alright but he didn't feel as though it was right now.

TawnyAngel

Predestined Inquisitor

BlackFireKitsune
Vice Captain

Tiny Lunatic

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2017 10:57 am
For as charming, charismatic, outgoing and deliciously terrible as he was, Zevran had a much more vulnerable side that Abel had stumbled upon what felt like ages ago, a vulnerable side that made his heart ache sometimes but more than anything else, it made him want to wrap Zev up in his arms and shield him, protect him from anything that might hurt him. As much as it made his heart hurt, he loved seeing this side of him that he hid from everyone else. Abel dropped his bag of clothes onto the floor at his feet to free his other hand so he could lift it to join its twin, his palms smoothing themselves over Zevran's cheeks as he gently, gently cupped his face. Hopefully he wouldn't mind. "Of course I'm sure. I meant it when I said I'd always be here for you." His thumbs ghosted along Zevran's cheekbones as he looked into those handsome amber eyes of his. "We can talk more about it over lunch if you'd like to."  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2017 11:09 am
Zevran closed his eyes and leant into the touch; he wanted to believe Abel, he'd never given him reason not to, and yet doubt remained. After a moment or two Zevran opened his eyes again and smiled uncertainly at Abel. "Well... that's alright then?" That hadn't been supposed to sound like a question but he tended to let his guard down around Abel, he didn't control his reactions as tightly as he could and perhaps should?... But honesty was important in real relationships so perhaps not, even if it would be a lot easier to hide some of the things he thought and felt.

"Shall we go and find those tacos then?" he suggested, failing to answer Abel's last question.

TawnyAngel

Predestined Inquisitor

BlackFireKitsune
Vice Captain

Tiny Lunatic

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2017 11:22 am
Hmm... He didn't sound as sure as he could've, but he couldn't really think of what else he could do or say to reassure him, and trying to do so in a public space wasn't really helping much. "Alright," he ceded, though he didn't move just yet and continued to gently run his thumbs over Zevran's cheekbones since he seemed to enjoy it. He was more than happy to give him any kind of comfort or reassurance that he could either through his words or actions, or something else entirely, though he didn't miss the fact that Zev didn't reply to his offer. Hmm...

Abel's hands slipped away from Zevran's face so he could bend down to fetch his bag again, though his other hand returned to one of Zev's cheeks a moment later. He couldn't help it, nor could he help the kiss he pressed to his boyfriend's forehead. "You can always ask or tell me anything, you know." There, that would have to do for now. If Zevran didn't want to talk here or at all, he wasn't about to push him -- but he would let him know that he was perfectly free to do so if he wanted to. "Yeah, let's go get some tacos. All this shopping's made me hungry."

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2017 11:27 am
Zevran took Abel's hand again and gave him another smile, still a bit uncertain but warmer than his previous one had been. "Thank you. Yes. I do know that." Nearly anything, possibly actually anything? He wasn't quite ready to test the depths of that promise yet.

It didn't take them too long to reach the taco place or to get served and grab their orders, a fact Zevran was very glad of as he started to relax enough to notice his hunger again. "Where shall we sit? Over there?" Zeven suggested, gesturing to a little booth with his tray.

TawnyAngel

Predestined Inquisitor

BlackFireKitsune
Vice Captain

Tiny Lunatic

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2017 11:34 am
There, that was a little better. Abel returned Zevran's smile with his own, warm and fond and affectionate, and happily intertwined their fingers when Zev reached for his hand again.

The walk to the small restaurant was indeed short, and in even less time they had their orders and had the chore of finding somewhere to sit. Thankfully Zevran pointed one out for them, and Abel leaned in to kiss his temple. "That looks perfect, yeah." So saying he turned and walked over to it, dumping his bag of clothes onto the bench before carefully setting his tray down on the table. "It's too bad it's not a table with chairs," he noted aloud with a dramatic sigh as he sat down, "I could've pretended to be a gentleman again by pulling your chair out for you."

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2017 11:48 am
He was glad to return to light-heartedness, worry was still nibbling away at a corner of his soul but with something to laugh about he could ignore it.

Zevran chuckled and tossed his own purchases onto the bench before sitting down and then setting his tray on the table before himself. "You could mime drawing out a chair," he suggested with a wave of his hand to the end of the table. "I could even pretend to sit on it, though that is quite a strain on the muscles before very long. Not the best way to enjoy a relaxing lunch."

Abel did seem genuine, and genuinely happy in his company. What was there to worry about? He didn't love Molly anymore and there had been no wistful backward glances.

TawnyAngel

Predestined Inquisitor

BlackFireKitsune
Vice Captain

Tiny Lunatic

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2017 11:55 am
"I could but I'd prefer you to be comfortable while eating lunch," the taller blond said with a chuckle and a bright grin despite the concern still lingering in the back of his mind. Zevran looked okay now though and was acting more normal, so maybe he was okay now...? He hoped so. Well he couldn't really do anything about it now besides pry into something that might not even exist anymore, so instead he pulled the tacos out of his bag and set them out on his tray. "If you want one of my tacos you can help yourself," he offered with a gesture to them. It was always fun getting different things when they went out because it meant they could share or swap tasty food, or in this case tasty cheap terrible food.  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2017 12:00 pm
Zevran grinned and grabbed one of Abel's tacos straight away, naturally. "You can of course have one of mine too," he replied before taking a bite. Cheap, terrible, delicious, and hot but not so hot that he was burning his mouth. Once he'd swallowed Zevran smirked and added; "If either of us were women I would be making so many jokes right now." And Abel liked this about him - that he was terrible and filthy minded - and he liked the same about Abel. Had Abel and Molly had that in common? She hadn't looked like the type but looks could be deceiving. Perhaps it was silly but he preferred to think they hadn't shared jokes like this, he wanted to share a bond with Abel that he hadn't had with the pleasant freckled woman.  

TawnyAngel

Predestined Inquisitor

BlackFireKitsune
Vice Captain

Tiny Lunatic

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2017 12:07 pm
...well that was fast! "Well damn, at least let me finish offering first!" Abel said with a laugh, amusement clear in his voice and his features, and he reached over to take one of Zevran's tacos. "I knew you were hungry but I didn't know you were that hungry, we could've gone to get lunch earlier." So saying he quelled the grumbling in his own stomach by taking a bite of his stolen taco -- though could he really call it stolen when it had been offered?  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2017 12:14 pm
"Mmfh," Zevran replied with a shrug though a mouthful of taco. When he'd swallowed again he clarified; "I wanted to be finished with shopping, going back to it after food would have been a terrible fate. Trying things on while bloated with tacos? Not an enjoyable experience." If they had left earlier though they probably wouldn't have run into Molly at all and then he wouldn't have the niggling voice in the back of his mind that insisted Abel would be comparing the two of them later and find him lacking in comparison. He had said that he cared for him more but....

Zevran took another bite of taco.

TawnyAngel

Predestined Inquisitor

BlackFireKitsune
Vice Captain

Tiny Lunatic

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2017 12:19 pm
"Ah, that's very fair; I hadn't thought of that," he admitted with a small frown. "That wouldn't have been good, nothing would've fit properly. This was much better I guess." Though he still felt bad that Zevran seemed so hungry... oh well, there wasn't anything he could do about that now. They were eating at the moment anyway so it wasn't like he had to wait even a moment longer for food. He looked thoughtful suddenly though... hm.

Abel slid his foot out and moved it carefully, experimentally, until he found Zevran's foot, then slid it further so he could rest his leg against Zev's, then took another bite of his taco.  
Roleplay

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 8 9 10 11 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff