Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

BlackFireKitsune
Vice Captain

Tiny Lunatic

PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2017 12:44 pm
The taller blond exhaled a long breath in a soft hum. How many times had he waited, biding his time for a shot from a distance? That was what he'd done countless times before, and knew from experience everything that went into that one shot -- the research, learning habits and tendencies the target had, usual haunts, a good perch from which to take the shot, before ever even touching the firearm to take said shot. By now they probably knew quite a bit and had found several such places from which to wait and try to take a shot... Would they do it? He hoped not -- he sincerely hoped not. What would he do if they did? The answer to that question wasn't one he could even fathom at the moment, which was a worrying thought in and of itself, so he pushed it aside and simply stopped thinking about it.

"I'm glad," he said instead, choosing to comment on Zevran's softer words rather than about how he may be killed, and aimed a small smile at his boyfriend. "You've done the same for me, I-- well," he interrupted himself, sparing a glance towards the living room where his other pokemon were scattered about, then smiled down at the firearm in his hands instead. No, that wasn't exactly something he should talk about when all of his pokemon - particularly some of the more sensitive ones - were around. Instead he switched tracks, his mind wholly occupied by his thoughts while his fingers moved on their own, the movements mechanical and so ingrained from years of repeating the same motions that he barely needed to pay attention to his work. "I'm glad you have those things now, I want you to have that future and I'll do whatever I can to make sure you have it. And," he added, traces of sheepishness creeping into the smile he aimed downward, "it's selfish of me but I.. I'd like to be in it, too."

PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2017 1:05 pm
Zevran looked up again as Abel let out that long, slow breath. He could guess what it was about but he couldn't think of anything to say on the subject. Maybe it was better to say nothing at all, at least about that.

"I cannot imagine a future that does not contain you... at least not a happy one," Zevran replied with a small smile that softened the expression in his eyes and creased fond little lines around them. "It is a strange twist of fate that we happened to meet in that rainstorm is it not? How different would our lives be now if I had gone the other way down the street?" Perhaps they would both be dead already, or at least Abel might still be under Alyssa's thumb.

TawnyAngel

Predestined Inquisitor

BlackFireKitsune
Vice Captain

Tiny Lunatic

PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2017 1:43 pm
"I can't imagine one either," he admitted with a slight shake of his head as his fingers moved with practiced ease and confidence as they pieced the dismantled handgun back together again, but they did pause as he gave Zevran's curious questions due thought. "Hmm... I think they'd be pretty different now - a lot different. Definitely not as great as they've turned out despite all the s**t that's happened." No, despite all of the awful things that happened, Alyssa was gone - thanks to Zevran - they were all still here and had survived her long bout of blackmail and essentially forced starvation - again thanks to Zev - and now things were... much better, so much better. That was an understatement of course; things were infinitely better now, much better than he ever thought possible, and he was happier than he'd been in years. Completely, unquestionably, blissfully happy.

And now there were people about who wanted to snatch that happiness away -- wanted to snatch Zevran's life, his new future and happiness away, and he'd be damned if he let it happen.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2017 1:53 pm
"Mmmh," Zevran agreed with a nod and another brief warm smile. "Nearly enough to make one believe in fate and destiny... but I would prefer to believe that this has happened because we chose it, not because some higher power or pattern in the stars willed it." Taking control of his own life and making big decisions like committing to a relationship, admitting love, was frightening but he wouldn't have it any other way. The path ahead was uncertain but it was his to choose, his and Abel's that was of course.

A rhythmic knock announced the return of the apartment's other occupant, accompanied by; "Um, morning! I smelled fresh pretzels so there are pretzels!"

TawnyAngel

Predestined Inquisitor

BlackFireKitsune
Vice Captain

Tiny Lunatic

PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2017 1:59 pm
Abel offered his boyfriend another small smile. "I'd like to think so too." Even if sometimes the terrible things that always happened made him wonder if the world was out to get him - or them.

But a knock and a familiar voice interrupted his thoughts, and Sonia promptly stood and padded over to unlock and open the door. "Ooh, pretzels sound good," Abel noted aloud, his gaze shifting to the door as he passed another cloth over the gun in his hands, "and morning to you too. How was your evening, by the way?"

PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2017 2:06 pm
The Taavi who entered the apartment carrying a paper bag and a cup of what was probably coffee looked tired, a bit dishevelled around the hair, and was still wearing the outfit he'd presumably had on last night; very skinny black jeans and a light blue tank top with a jacket over the top. He also looked very cheerful however, and quickly answered; "Good! There was alcohol, dancing, junk food- blanket fort?" Taavi paused half way across the room and stared at the unexplained construction. "And how did you guys enjoy your evening?" he asked with an incredulous laugh. Had they screwed in the blanket fort? Really?

Ehhhhhh, well he would ask wouldn't he? "It was good," Zevran replied smoothly with a glance and a nod to Abel. "We came back earlyish and Abel, as you observe, taught me the wonder of blanket forts. Now where are these pretzels?" He wasn't hungry at all after the French toast but he had to admit the savoury smell coming from the paper bag was rather good and eating more could only be a sensible thing.

TawnyAngel

Predestined Inquisitor

BlackFireKitsune
Vice Captain

Tiny Lunatic

PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2017 2:17 pm
It took Abel a moment to pause and replay the brief conversation to make sure that, no, Taavi hadn't also made a blanket fort. That would've been a bit too much of a coincidence. "That sounds like a lot of fun -- and a lot like our evening too," the taller blond commented with a chuckle, "though there wasn't really much dancing this time, but alcohol and food, yes. Mostly alcohol. But," and here he turned to give Taavi an incredulous look as he gestured towards Zev with the dirtied cloth, "he's never built a blanket fort before. Never -- can you believe it? So obviously that was something I had to fix, and I think it came out pretty good. But yeah, pretzels," he went on as he carefully set the gun and cloth down so he could stand and head towards the kitchen, specifically the sink, "they smell delicious, though lemme wash my hands first." Cleaning solvent and pretzels did not mix well, not at all.  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2017 3:15 pm
"Ohh, I should do that too," Zevran said, shaking his head at his own distraction as he followed Abel to the kitchen and its sink. "Did you find cute people to dance with then?" he called over his shoulder back into the other room, a bit of distraction was more than welcome.

"Naw," Taavi laughed cheerfully, "I just danced with my work friends but that was all I wanted to do. My supervisor got really drunk and it was hilarious, she kept grabbing us all and telling us how vital to the team we were and how much she valued us. Like, really sweet and really nice to hear but still hilarious because she's usually pretty stoic. I got her to drink loads of water though and she's okay this morning 'other than wanting to die in a hole' she texted. I think that's pretty normal for a lot of people after a night out though! But I don't, um, usually drink as much as a lot of people do. I still feel a bit rough though, I think I shouldn't have had the tequila." As he rambled Taavi fetched the four fat, brown, deliciously salted pretzels out if the bag, picked one up, and set the others down on top of the bag... on the table by the guns. Oh well! "Um, I got four pretzels! In case any pokemon would like some or something. Oh. Um. And would it be okay if one of you could bring me a glass of water while you're in there if you don't mind?" Why were they cleaning guns after a date night anyway? That was a bit weird, right?

TawnyAngel

Predestined Inquisitor

BlackFireKitsune
Vice Captain

Tiny Lunatic

PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2017 3:34 pm
When Zev approached the sink too Abel slid over a bit to make room, though he didn't hesitate to lightly bump his hip against his boyfriend's when he joined him. Once his hands were sufficiently clean he turned to fetch a cloth towel to dry them on - a cloth towel he turned to offer the shorter blond along with a soft kiss to his forehead. After Zev accepted the towel - or if he didn't want it, Abel had every intention of dumping it on the counter to deal with later - he turned and fetched three glasses of water before he headed back to the table.

Ah, Taavi was standing. Abel set the glasses down on the table and waved his best friend towards the chair he'd been occupying just a minute or two ago, "Here, sit." It took but a moment to carefully slide the various cleaning supplies and handguns off to a side to make room for delicious pretzels. They smelled amazing. "It sounds like you had a lot of fun though, that's awesome; I'm glad. And yeah, tequila is pretty strong stuff, though you don't seem to be in too bad a shape this morning, so I'm gonna guess you didn't have too much of it. Oh and thanks for the pretzels, they smell delicious."

PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2017 3:53 pm
Zevran chuckled briefly and returned the hip boop, then accepted the towel with a soft murmur of thanks and a smooch for Abel's cheek. He wanted to keep this. He had to survive.

"Indeed, to all of the above!" Zevran said cheerfully as he followed Abel back through and motioned him to sit in the other chair. "You may be my seat," he said magnanimously.

Taavi sat down and grinned up at the pair of blonds, they really were pretty adorable which was the last thing he ever thought he'd have described Zev as when they'd first met. "Yeah, I think three shots? And some beer, and a few other drinks but I stopped at about midnight and then started drinking a whole lot of water." After a bite of his pretzel Taavi added; "And that seemed to work! Along with cheesy fries on the way back to Tarn's place. Sammie got them with curry sauce over them. Weird, right?"

TawnyAngel

Predestined Inquisitor

BlackFireKitsune
Vice Captain

Tiny Lunatic

PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2017 4:25 pm
Abel loosed a bright laugh at Zevran's unexpected statement; he couldn't help it. He'd been intending to stand while Taavi and Zev sat, but that was fine too. "Alright Your Highness," the taller blond said with a grin as he plopped down into the chair, wrapped an arm around Zev's waist and - carefully, of course - pulled him into his lap. Arceus how he loved him. "That sounds like a decent amount, but the water and junk food probably helped a lot, it sounds like," he went on, as if having Zevran in his lap while they had pretzels was perfectly normal. "But man, curry sauce? Seriously? That is weird."  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2017 4:52 pm
"Yeah," Taavi laughed, "I mean, Sammie would be the first to admit that Welsh people are freaks but really! Why would you do that? Who thought of that? Just, why?" And why were they spending the morning cleaning guns?

Zevran sank down comfortably into Abel's lap and looped an arm around his shoulders. "That sounds like terrible street food," he said, crinkling his nose as he reached out for a pretzel. "Really though I have not found much worth speaking of here in Kodo... Perhaps I should start my own business," if he didn't die, "decent food to sell to people coming out of bars and clubs. I prefer to just cook for people I like really but I suppose I must get a real job one of these days." If he didn't die, soon.

TawnyAngel

Predestined Inquisitor

BlackFireKitsune
Vice Captain

Tiny Lunatic

PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2017 5:02 pm
"Seriously, that just sounds way too weird. And kind of gross," he added with a light chuckle as he wrapped his other arm around Zevran's waist, rested his cheek against the shorter blond's shoulder and stretched out his other hand for one of the remaining pretzels. "Mm, you'd be an excellent chef, but from what I've heard anyone who works in the restaurant business works a crap load of hours. It'd definitely be a lot more steady and reliable than playing poker off and on though," he added with a shrug. He couldn't see Zev liking working so many hours in someone else's kitchen though, especially when stress ran high fairly often. Would he ever get an actual job? Probably not for a while, realistically.  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2017 8:04 am
"Mmmh, I do not like the sound of a crapload of hours," Zevran replied once he'd swallowed a bite of pretzel. "Come to that I do not think I would be very good with rude customers. Not such a good idea perhaps." Not that it mattered because he was still probably going to die soon! He kept smiling though and hoped Taavi would go out again soon or maybe go to sleep in the blanket fort, he and Abel could retreat to the bedroom to talk and work.

"Way gross," Taavi agreed, "and also, never work in food service. It will make you hate people, and your feet, and your face from smiling all day." Definitely did not miss that!

TawnyAngel

Predestined Inquisitor

BlackFireKitsune
Vice Captain

Tiny Lunatic

PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2017 9:02 am
"I didn't think you would," Abel commented with a slight chuckle as he took a bite of his pretzel, his other arm wrapped snugly around his boyfriend's waist while his thumb rubbed idle, gentle circles on his side. After he'd chewed and swallowed he added, "Although at least if you're the chef you deal with customers less than the waitstaff does. But," he shrugged again, then ended the sentence with another bite of pretzel. Zevran would eventually find a job he could handle or be good at, once all this crap was over.

If he survived that long, that was.

No, no, he wouldn't think like that. No, they would get through this together, Zevran would live, everything would be fine. If he kept telling himself that, insisted to himself that it was an indisputable fact, maybe he'd eventually be more confident in it. It hadn't worked so far though.

Roleplay

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 8 9 10 11 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff