Welcome to Gaia! ::

Reply Roleplay
[FIN] A Murder of Crows Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 ... 9 10 11 12 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

TawnyAngel

Predestined Inquisitor

PostPosted: Sun May 07, 2017 4:24 pm
"Closure," Zevran echoed. Perhaps this would be the same for him though really he would rather not have had it; he had been quite happy with the idea of Taliesen alive somewhere far away, killing people he didn't know or care about. That was probably a bad thought to have.

Once he'd shaken that thought of Zevran looked at Abel again and he wished he wasn't here risking this with him and yet he was also glad of it and grateful for the determination in his friend's, boyfriend's, love's eyes. "They may expect us to have pokemon having seen so many around Kodo but they will not know what to expect of them and that is nearly as good," Zevran said after a slight pause, in which he reached for Abel's hand and squeezed tightly. "Certainly I cannot imagine they will expect Illusion... Growlithe and Arcanine I know that Taliesen has seen before but they are a rather straightforward sort of threat."

PostPosted: Sun May 07, 2017 4:34 pm
Closure... What sort of closure would this bring for Zevran, if any? How would he be once this was over?

That was something he could think about once this was over.

Setting the thought aside, Abel laced his fingers through Zev's fondly, though the determination in his gaze didn't waver in the slightest. "Well that's fine, I can't imagine anyone who isn't used to pokemon would expect illusions, and Sonia's damn good at them."

"Zor!" The named quipped, turning back to look at the pair of humans with a keen alertness not unlike her trainer's glittering in her eyes.

"So that's definitely an ace up our sleeves for sure. So," he went on after a moment or two of thought, "are you going to send a message to the group, or just to him?"

BlackFireKitsune
Vice Captain

Tiny Lunatic

TawnyAngel

Predestined Inquisitor

PostPosted: Sun May 07, 2017 4:40 pm
And then Zevran smirked, just very slightly. "To the group. I will take a small pleasure in imagining his reaction, and knowing he cannot moderate how they hear the news."

Zevran gave Abel's fingers another squeeze as he started work on the text, which began with a cheerful; '¡Hola Taliesen!', shortly followed by 'Zevran', and then after some more words 'Callisto'. Once he had finished typing Zevran frowned thoughtfully and held the phone so that Abel could see it better. "There, what do you- Oh," he shook his head and flashed Abel a smile, "Spanish, sorry. Well it shall have to do without proof reading, let us see what happens now." There was no point in hesitating and so after a soft exhale he pressed send.

PostPosted: Sun May 07, 2017 4:48 pm
"Mmh, that's a good point, I didn't think about that," he admitted, a slightly wry edge working its way into his even smile. "He'll hear it at the same time they do." What kind of person was Taliesen, he wondered, and how might he take that kind of news? Finding out something like this at the same time the rest of them did? Were they subordinates to him, or was it something else? Oh well.

Arceus, how was he this cute? How could he be cute in a situation like this? But he was, he was, and Abel couldn't help the fondness that crept into his face and his voice. "Well you wrote it, so I'm sure it's perfect," he responded readily as he peered over at the phone regardless. "I wonder how soon someone will reply?"

BlackFireKitsune
Vice Captain

Tiny Lunatic

TawnyAngel

Predestined Inquisitor

PostPosted: Sun May 07, 2017 4:52 pm
"Ah yes, it is well known that I am perfect as are all things I touch," Zevran said and squeezed Abel's hand a little harder, his small smirk softening to a small smile.

After only a few moments they received the first reaction. "Mmh," Zevran pursed his lips, "Belladonna says she is a little annoyed with me, and she hopes I have a very bad evening... A rough translation you understand."

PostPosted: Sun May 07, 2017 4:59 pm
His own smile softened in turn and he returned the squeeze to his hand, his thumb ghosting over Zevran's knuckles. You're so sweet, he wanted to say, but withheld it for the moment. Later, there'd be time for that later.

And then the first message blipped onto the screen; Abel couldn't read it but Zevran's translation came quick enough. "Oh, only a little? Well that's too damned bad for her then," he said readily, not sounding the least bit sympathetic that one of Callisto's closer comrades was upset over her death. Not after what she tried to do to Zevran. No, he couldn't feel even remotely bad for her.

BlackFireKitsune
Vice Captain

Tiny Lunatic

TawnyAngel

Predestined Inquisitor

PostPosted: Sun May 07, 2017 5:01 pm
"Mmmmh," Zevran said vaguely.

When there was no further response for around a minute he sighed and looked up at Abel again. "Do you want to find somewhere to sit? Maybe get coffee? I feel a fool standing here in the woods, we may as well be comfortable while we wait and then while we negotiate. Ah... And thank you again, for being here."

PostPosted: Sun May 07, 2017 5:29 pm
At Zevran's next words, a quiet, fond smile curved his lips and he leaned in to press his forehead against his boyfriend's. "You're welcome. There's no where I'd rather be right now than here with you. But yeah, coffee or something to drink is probably a good idea, and more comfortable to wait around in than out here in the woods, yeah. Mmh, d'you want Sonia to cover you while we're there though, just in case?"  

BlackFireKitsune
Vice Captain

Tiny Lunatic

TawnyAngel

Predestined Inquisitor

PostPosted: Sun May 07, 2017 5:34 pm
He wanted none of this to be happening.

He sighed.

"Ah, no. While we walk there, yes, but once we find a place I am sure we can find a quiet corner." Right now what he really wanted was alcohol, and possibly something more mind altering even than that, but he needed to keep a clear head and so caffeine would have to do....

"Ah." Zevran froze. "I may have... miscalculated. My reason for leaving the phone here to begin with was that I thought he might be able track it when it was on. And here we are, standing around holding it." s**t. "To hell with the response," Zevran growled as he started to type again, suddenly angry with himself and with Taliesen and with the world. "I will give him a time and a place, he will just have to be there."

PostPosted: Sun May 07, 2017 6:11 pm
"Ah." The quiet fondness dissipated, leaving the alert determination in its wake, and he couldn't help but feel the hair on the back of his neck prickle. If they could track it, Taliesen could be tracking it even now. s**t.

...while it was on, though. "Can they track it if it's off?" He asked curiously, peering down at the phone as Zevran typed rather furiously on it. "If they can't, you could send this message and then shut it off, then we could turn it on a bit later to check it again?"

BlackFireKitsune
Vice Captain

Tiny Lunatic

TawnyAngel

Predestined Inquisitor

PostPosted: Sun May 07, 2017 6:18 pm
"Mmh?" Zevran paused mid-word. "I... don't think so? Unless there is something new I am unaware of... Could be some internal component with its own power source? The chances are slim but..." Zevran gave Abel a worried look. "Do we take the risk? I think it a small risk but it still exists. Or- if we just took her sim card? If her contacts are saved on there would the messenger still work? Mierda, I wish I knew more about technology." A choice had to be made however and it should not be Abel's burden to do so.

Zevran looked back at the screen, typed a few more words, pressed send, and then turned it off. "We take the phone," he said firmly, looking at Abel once more with hardened eyes.

PostPosted: Sun May 07, 2017 6:25 pm
"If they can track it then we'll see them coming, and Sonia can cover us if need be," he said, watching him send the message before shutting off the device, "but it's probably better so we can keep tabs on whatever they're saying, yeah? What time did you tell him?" As he spoke he gestured to Sonia and turned to head out of the woods; the dark-type made a noise in the back of her throat and flexed her claws, ready to disguise them once they left the forested area of the park.  

BlackFireKitsune
Vice Captain

Tiny Lunatic

TawnyAngel

Predestined Inquisitor

PostPosted: Sun May 07, 2017 6:28 pm
Zevran shoved the deactivated phone into his pocket and turned to fall into step with Abel. "I gave him directions to the warehouse and told him to meet me at sundown." And at that he couldn't help but give a snort of amusement. "Drama, you see? You might not guess it from a demure fellow such as myself but Crows thrive upon it. It is no good to meet somebody for a final showdown at four thirty in the afternoon when you could very well meet them at sundown."  
PostPosted: Sun May 07, 2017 7:03 pm
Abel couldn't help the brief chuckle that escaped at the notion of a showdown at sunset. Of course it was, why wouldn't it be? He hated the thought of it though, didn't want Zevran to have a showdown of any kind where his life was at stake, but it wasn't exactly up for debate at this point. "Mmh, no, I never would've guessed," he responded with a dry chuckle. "Sundown is much more dramatic. But that also means, seeing as it isn't even four thirty in the afternoon, we have to find something to do until then. I'm guessing you don't want to go back to the apartment still, yeah? We'll probably need to get something somewhere for dinner later on, but what would you like to do for now?"  

BlackFireKitsune
Vice Captain

Tiny Lunatic

TawnyAngel

Predestined Inquisitor

PostPosted: Sun May 07, 2017 7:05 pm
Zevran chuckled dryly and looked down as he picked his way over some knobbly tree roots. "Ah, you always ask me to make decisions." He then looked up again and decisively declared; "I want a drink." After that, they would just have to see.  
Roleplay

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 ... 9 10 11 12 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff