Welcome to Gaia! ::

100 Days of Art Event

Back to Guilds

This is a self-improving event for ARTISTS! 

Tags: 100days, Drawing, creative, Improve, Event 

Reply 100 Days Event (2021)
hiimbeary Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

hiimbeary

PostPosted: Mon Mar 01, 2021 7:53 pm
User Image
emotion_ghost emotion_ghost emotion_ghost Day # 30 emotion_ghost emotion_ghost emotion_ghost
Theme: assassin
Time spent: abt 1 hr

User Image

Comments:

soundtrack: Party Cannon - Partypocalypse

i knew this would happen, i finally messed up my posts in this thread bc i wasn't paying attention
so this caption is now different bc i usually copy previous day's post, was bound to do it eventually

PostPosted: Tue Mar 02, 2021 8:38 pm
User Image
emotion_ghost emotion_ghost emotion_ghost Day # 31 emotion_ghost emotion_ghost emotion_ghost
Theme: post apocalyptic fashion
Time spent: about 35 mins

User Image

Comments:

soundtrack: The Devil Makes Three - Do Wrong Right

i just think that fashion after the end of the world consists of anything you can find that fits haha
now i admit, after i bought valheim, my productivity has been way down, am i going to do something about it?
no. am i going to probably be anxious about it anyway? of course

hiimbeary

hiimbeary

PostPosted: Wed Mar 03, 2021 6:18 pm
User Image
emotion_ghost emotion_ghost emotion_ghost Day # 32 emotion_ghost emotion_ghost emotion_ghost
Theme: toucan
Time spent: 40-50 mins

User Image

Comments:

soundtrack: MALICE MIZER - Gekka no Yasoukyoku

i don't really paint often bc it scares me so i decided today i'd do it and now am afeared
if you can tell that this is a toucan you're a far better person than i

(today i got a song stuck in my head that i had not heard/listened to in at least 12 years, so you can listen to it too)

PostPosted: Thu Mar 04, 2021 6:07 pm
User Image
emotion_ghost emotion_ghost emotion_ghost Day # 33 emotion_ghost emotion_ghost emotion_ghost
Theme: genderbend a comic book character
Time spent: 30 mins

User Image

Comments:

soundtrack: Ethnic Zorigoo ft Zaya (tatar) Khuleg baatar

based off that one signature hellboy picture, i tried to mike mignola it up, but you see the result for yourself lmao
it's more like i tried to borrow his shading style which is super cool and blocky!

hiimbeary

hiimbeary

PostPosted: Fri Mar 05, 2021 8:59 pm
User Image
emotion_ghost emotion_ghost emotion_ghost Day # 34 emotion_ghost emotion_ghost emotion_ghost
Theme: post apocalyptic fashion
Time spent: 1.5 hrs

User Image

Comments:

soundtrack: xKore ft. Zoe & Naomi - Need You (Centra Remix)

omg its 1 min before deadline lmao lashjdfhasfljg

alright, coming back to add real genuine comments this time haha. i thought it might be easier on me to do a character i know
(so, my ffxiv main who i already draw far too much, but i think there was more pressure since i had to draw her properly LOL)
i didn't end up finishing the challenge properly, but i think i should make a real actual ref sheet for her since i just should
although 90% based on her actual in game appearance, i took some liberties with her hair and tail so she'd feel more custom;
from the beginning i liked to draw her with longer hair haha, cause that's fun for me, and a big ol' fluffy wuffy tail also bc it's fun!

in fact, i don't often draw her in the gear she's shown in which is what i've had equipped on her for that job for just about forever
usually, she's more like my online persona i guess? so i'll put her in whatever (sweatpants and hoodie typically lol)
because of that i realize that i usually ignore the leather shoulder straps and stockings for some reason, weird how that happens

PostPosted: Sat Mar 06, 2021 9:00 pm
User Image
emotion_ghost emotion_ghost emotion_ghost Day # 35 emotion_ghost emotion_ghost emotion_ghost
theme: spirit challenge pt. 2 (incomplete)
time: 2-3 hrs i think

User Image

Comments:

soundtrack: Afroman - Because I Got High

comments under the spoiler but they're kind of sad and me feeling pity for myself basically
(song choice is unrelated, i swear LOL - still, t/w for drug use)

i still need to properly format the posts from the last few days, but i am "officially" (lol) not doing the spirit challenge
it was not a good day art-wise and i struggled with this for some number of hours before quitting (this is as far as i got)
it's a big letdown because i did want to do the challenge and felt it would be helpful for me, but i can't look at it anymore tbh
in the end i tried to modify the pose or change it up somehow, but it's beyond saving since i can't find any redeeming qualities

anyway i also made the mistake of looking at a lot of other peoples' art (on and off gaia) yesterday and today
it made me feel kind of depressed, even though i just do art as a hobby but i don't know if i can improve much
i guess i should use this kind of thing as a motivation, but i'm not self confident at all lmao

hiimbeary

hiimbeary

PostPosted: Sun Mar 07, 2021 8:41 pm
User Image
emotion_ghost emotion_ghost emotion_ghost Day # 36 emotion_ghost emotion_ghost emotion_ghost
Theme: spirit challenge pt. 3 (supposed to be fully lined/rendered)
Time spent: 5+ hrs

User Image

Comments:

soundtrack: Tamino - Habibi

hmm where to start, i wasn't satisfied with the back view so i redid it, but it took quite a while haha
i also wanted to add another little sketch of her in a more casual, everyday look, but i also underestimated the time
unfortunately the legs in the front view bugged me to heck and so i spent again, lots of time redoing them lol
it's not qualifying for the spirit challenge after all since no colour, but maybe i'll revisit this someday :0 !

PostPosted: Mon Mar 08, 2021 8:58 pm
User Image
emotion_ghost emotion_ghost emotion_ghost Day # 37 emotion_ghost emotion_ghost emotion_ghost
Theme: none
Time spent: 1-2 hrs total

User Image

User Image

Comments:

soundtrack: Carl Orff - Gassenhauer

underwhelmed myself today, i was still stuck on admiring this artist
and i'm thinking about taking the class she's offering User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
so, i spent too much time trying to emulate her i think, lol
after that i just doodled some random faces to try and get back to being myself
i also did a request yesterday for someone's world of warcraft toon, im lowkey proud?!
(bc i usually draw bog-standard ladies and it's something different ahah)

hiimbeary

hiimbeary

PostPosted: Tue Mar 09, 2021 8:55 pm
User Image
emotion_ghost emotion_ghost emotion_ghost Day # 38 emotion_ghost emotion_ghost emotion_ghost
Theme: eros
Time spent: 50? minutes

User Image

Comments:

soundtrack: ATEEZ(에이티즈) - '해적왕(Pirate King)'

once again im fleeing my responsibility of formatting this properly
i had some grand ideas for a streetwear eros but those ideas evaporated lmao

PostPosted: Wed Mar 10, 2021 5:34 pm
User Image
emotion_ghost emotion_ghost emotion_ghost Day # 39 emotion_ghost emotion_ghost emotion_ghost
Theme: none
Time spent: 1 hr or so

User Image

Comments:

soundtrack: Mystery Skulls - Money

i've been really sleepy all day so i just doodled this instead of one of the themes
of course as soon as it's time for me to sleep, then i'll be wide awake haha...

hiimbeary

hiimbeary

PostPosted: Thu Mar 11, 2021 8:53 pm
emotion_ghost d40

theme: improve previous day (d19 - gaia 18th anniversary)
time: btw 40-60 mins

User Image

lmao, literally doing this mid-savage (raid)

send help, for real reals

PostPosted: Fri Mar 12, 2021 8:58 pm
emotion_ghost d41

theme: none
time: 1.5+ hrs, i didnt keep track for a while

User Image

more mhw haha

i streamed for a bit to keep myself in line, i realized that is a legit strategy :T

hiimbeary

hiimbeary

PostPosted: Sat Mar 13, 2021 8:36 pm
User Image
emotion_ghost emotion_ghost emotion_ghost Day #42 emotion_ghost emotion_ghost emotion_ghost

theme: raven
time: .....30 mins?

User Image

PostPosted: Mon Mar 15, 2021 8:46 pm
User Image
emotion_ghost emotion_ghost emotion_ghost Day # 43 emotion_ghost emotion_ghost emotion_ghost
Theme: personify fire
Time spent: abt 2 - 3 hrs
using spirit pass
(submitted 2 days late)

User Image

User Image

Comments:

soundtrack: Shawn Wasabi - Hotto Doggu

since it was already going to be late, i figured why not put in some more effort lol

values and shading and colouring are all things i want to work on, cause i often think that when i try to colour things, they're very flat-looking

the sketch and partially coloured one have totally different vibes User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

hiimbeary

hiimbeary

PostPosted: Mon Mar 15, 2021 8:49 pm
User Image
emotion_ghost emotion_ghost emotion_ghost Day # 44 emotion_ghost emotion_ghost emotion_ghost
Theme: genderbend some1 from tv
Time spent: 45 or so mins

User Image

Comments:

soundtrack: The Ballad Of Buster Scruggs - When A Cowboy Trades His Spurs For Wings

i'm not so good at translating real people into my style, so i was tempted to do a cartoon character
(though now i'm thinking about it, idk who i would pick?)

hence, a show i remember enjoying (andy sciuto? artie? abner???)

i may have tried a little too hard to add evidence that this is based on abby lol

edit (3.16.21) - cleaned up slightly

100 Days Event (2021)

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces