Welcome to Gaia! ::

Shinobi Revolution

Back to Guilds

A literate and semi-literate Naruto-based role playing guild. Active in 2024! 

Tags: Naruto, Roleplay, Boruto, Shinobi, Ninja 

Reply ◄ 時║𝓜𝓸𝓶𝓮𝓷𝓽𝓼 𝓲𝓷 𝓣𝓲𝓶𝓮 ↬ ᴀʟᴛᴇʀɴᴀᴛᴇ ᴛɪᴍᴇʟɪɴᴇ ᴄᴀɴᴏɴ ʀᴘ
irreconcilable differences | takiku Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

ghostfinch

Seeker

PostPosted: Sat Jul 10, 2021 12:39 pm
User Image

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
      Takao released Akito's face, watching him slump over in his seat after the jinchuuriki stopped the eye mind reading technique. It seemed like he had stumbled across a huge, multi-village conspiracy that threatened the safety and security of the ninja world itself. If these people had infiltrated multiple levels, multiple chains of command in multiple villages... why, they wielded more power and influence than any one village had ever held at any time in history.

It was daunting. He didn't even know their goal, or what the organization truly was, or where to begin looking: every single criminal could stand to benefit from this kind of arrangement so it was impossible to do any detective work based on motive. He stepped out of the wood structure and crouched by Kiku, pulling out a cigarette and lighting it quickly. He didn't immediately look to her, wondering if maybe she was expecting the worst, expecting Akito to have spilled every detail of her life's story that she'd purposefully obscured. He let the moment hang in an odd, tense tranquility before he spoke.

"Both of our villages are in Trouble with a capital T. I couldn't get everything out of him because it seems the information of the organization is really compartmentalized. I think... I think there's a lot of different gangs and underworlds involved in this, but I have no idea who the head of this monster is. Everyone stands to gain from infiltrating multiple villages, so it's not like we can narrow it down based on who would benefit from it. We've gotta tell our kages. I don't know who else we can trust besides each other." He took a long drag of his cigarette, running a hand through his hair as he breathed out the smoke. He rested his arm on his knee, cigarette between himself and Kiku in case she wanted a drag of it.

"I think we have some undercover work ahead of us. Like, getting people in the APD and the KPD that are trying to figure out the sources of the bribes, the dirty underhanded meetings. We have to pull this thing out by the roots, ya know? The more people who know about what we gotta do, though... the more likely it is we'll be found out. So, like, we're only going to be able to communicate with each other about how progress is going and like, this is just so huge. I don't know if I can handle something like this. Kiku, it's insane." He finally let his eyes fall on her face, and he hoped that focusing on the large problem at hand would distract from any personal fear that he knew too much about her and would abuse it. But, in classic Takao style, he was doubting himself, and he was beginning to feel guilty, like it was callous to not address the elephant in the room.

He sighed and put a hand on her shoulder. "Kiku," he said seriously, "I'm never going to tell anyone about all of this. I know you didn't want anyone to know but now I do. And I know you don't like me, but I would never betray you on this. I promise."

pyrategross
      and then they ******** smooch

PostPosted: Sat Jul 17, 2021 10:30 am
User ImageUser Image
The Guilded Queen
Rank: Genin 磁気 | Classes: Puppeteer | Bloodline 力 | Body Rank: B 勇 | Elements: Water, Earth, Lightning, Magnetism, Wood

User ImageUser Image
Tell their Kages? Yeah that was easier said than done from a freaking Jinchuriki. Kiku was just a Genin, and a bratty one at that. She’d had no showings to Lady Sadayo that would make her trustworthy like that. The young puppeteer didn’t say any of this though. She knew she’d have to try. But she’d never felt so… defeated. Now that all of the anger had waned, Kiku just felt exposed. She needed some kind of escape after having been laid bare against her will. So as Takao crouched next to her and spoke to her about what he’d found, the blonde girl stared lifelessly at the dirt.

His words gave her something to focus on. A problem she could attempt to solve. “Of course all of this is happening, during the end of the ******** world.” Kiku grumbled. As she began to think, the girl could feel her emotions returning, least of all agitation. Her non-flask hand flashed to the young man’s cigarette and brought it to her lips. The embers of the ashes lit up as she took a drag from it, maybe larger than she’d meant to. But not having lungs would make gauging that sort of thing difficult. As Kiku turned her head away to blow out a cloud of smoke, she extended her flask to the Arashi ninja as a trade of services, offering him a hit of whiskey. Not that either of the substances did anything for her, but it was the act of imbibing that helped. “So we go into our respective police departments and, what? Arrest them? What do we do with Akito? Surely we can’t let him go.” Kiku groaned and dragged her hands down her face before she began to spiral from a feeling of being overwhelmed. “It’s fine, it’s fine, we’ll figure something out.”

Kiku capped her flask with a stronger snap than she meant. He promised, huh? The princess rose to her feet and looked up at the sky for a moment as she took another drag from the cigarette. Her previously dull eyes had hardened with a new flame and pressure, releasing as another smoke cloud as she exhaled. “Yeah, you better make good on that or I’ll break it to Nimure you’re a screw up.” She chided, leaning down to poke him in the chest. But her face softened as she returned his cigarette to him by carefully placing it in his hand. “But I have a feeling that our secrets are going to be safe with each other. So… thank you.” The words she said to Takao were a struggle to get out. Almost as hard to say as her pride was to swallow. But in this moment, with their faces inches apart and lit only by the moon in the clearing, Kiku knew she was speaking with the one other person she could trust with this.

"Speaking"

Thinking

Chakra: 1620/1620
Stamina: 1310/1310
Nature Chakra: 686/686
Puppet Points: 0/22
Strength: 6
Speed: 4
Reflex: 4
Endurance: 2

First Action:

Second Action:

Third Action:

ghostfinch

gucci-shinigami
Crew

ghostfinch

Seeker

PostPosted: Sat Jul 17, 2021 2:04 pm
User Image

He didn't really drink, but he accepted some of her flask, relishing the companionable silence around them that allowed each of them to share what numbed them. Unfortunately, Kiku asked good questions that Takao didn't have a good answer for. There was a strange intimacy between them, exacerbated by the gentleness Kiku showed in replacing his cigarette in his hands. Their faces were close and he couldn't suck in a breath. The moment hung in the air, energy sparking between them, but Takao let the charged silence expire.

The moment tilted past it's inertia and gave Takao the space to speak. "Of course," he said to her thanks, and he meant it. There was no other outcome to this mission - he'd never speak her secrets to another person. "I'll take Akito. We'll have to convince our kages to create a very tight task force on this. There's no other way; public arrests or public alerts would do nothing but cause panic and enable the moles to dig in deeper. I'll keep in touch about things on my end."

He created more distance between himself and Kiku, face flushing even though he was determined to keep himself on-topic. He couldn't... no, he really, really couldn't. He was misreading things, and it'd just be a big mistake. "I'm really glad you had my back on this. I'll take care of him and anything else. You can report this back as a success, I think." Please be careful.

pyrategross

◄ 時║𝓜𝓸𝓶𝓮𝓷𝓽𝓼 𝓲𝓷 𝓣𝓲𝓶𝓮 ↬ ᴀʟᴛᴇʀɴᴀᴛᴇ ᴛɪᴍᴇʟɪɴᴇ ᴄᴀɴᴏɴ ʀᴘ

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces