Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian Atheists United

Back to Guilds

A safe and friendly place for Atheists to be themselves. 

Tags: Atheism, Theology, Philosophy, Science, Logic 

Reply The Main Discussion Place
Jobs. !$!$ Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

A
  stupid poll.
  Shut up.
  DOMO ATTACK *CHOMP*
View Results

A Murder of Angels

PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2007 12:39 pm
PickleBoy
A Murder of Angels
PickleBoy
A Murder of Angels
Six months out of the year, I travel, working at renaissance festivals. We call ourselves rennies, and we're nomads, living in tents during the time we spend on the road. We get paid under the table, making it from weekend to weekend on a hundred dollars a week and love every moment of it.

It's the off season right now so I'm working at a call center, helping people fix their internet connections. That's my plan... make a few thousand to live off of, then spend six months in a row partying, sleeping under the stars, living totally out of the loop.

Dude, I am SO jealous! That sounds so great. I love going to the Ren Fair that happens here in CO. Do you come here?
Are you kidding?! The Colorado Renaissance Festival is my home show!! That's the show that got me on circuit in the first place. that's where I grew up. That's awesome.... perhaps we'll see each other! xd

YEAH! I LOVE THE CO REN FAIR! w00t! Dude, I am SO going this summer! What do you usually work?

Well, I do games. I usually work at the three pirate ship-shaped swings near the center of the faire, but last summer I ended up working the smaller of the two archery ranges, the one with the compound bows, most of the summer. I could be at any game in the faire though, depending on the day. I wish I could find a picture so you know what I look like, but I can't access my photos right now.  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2007 7:43 am
I have an interresting work history. My first job was at the age of 14 at the Sheriff's Office doing data entry. I then was a store associate at Sears. I worked as a tutor in college while working part-time as a store clerk. Now I'm a pharmacy technician and have been for the past 3+ years. I like it.  

_C r y s t a l_RB

AnonymouZ

PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2007 10:30 am
E_Night
So eh yeah my jobs... well i've had one since i was 13. Right now i get paid $8.00 an hour (raise comming soon cause im good with the customers). Its at a bead store and 'gallery' but its not really a gallery. I sell stuff to make jewelry to people and i restock stuff and get suplies ready to be stocked. I occausonaly teach classes on how to make jewelry for $20 per person and i do kids birthday parties $7 per person. Omg the last birthday party i did was (just me teaching... their mom just sat there) 13 8year olds and a three year old! Im begining to get more hours too so thats happy. I mentioned to the boss i might want to apply for a job at subway because i was only working 4 hours a night a week and ocausonaly saturdays. so after that they gave me more hours because even though im 15 and most of my coworkers are 30+ i know a shitload more stuff than they do. Its pretty funny customers will totaly bipass me and ask the older worker and then the older worker will turn to me and ask me. ITs like BOYA! anyways... happy happy

I would SO bypass you too if you lOOked 15... haha ninja

but glad you're making good money out of this. domokun

and i guess i can list my job experiences too.

In MEXICO
I've worked as a banquet server (once i met a presidential candidate back in my country ,) as a private security guy at "fancy" parties and as a gas attendant. And while i wasn't really getting paid, i did work at my cousins business wich consisted of renting stuff for parties... and i was the one who had to load/unload the truck with that "stuff"... it was mainly tables, chairs, dishes, glasses, etc. Fun stuff i tell you.

In the US.
As a dishwasher (easiest job ever), as a volunteer at a local library, as a "teleresearch" associate at whatever company, and my current one is as a production worker in a newspaper company! It's fun... tho it's making my ethics hurt because of SO, SO, SO, SO, SO, SO MUCH paper that i KNOW it's going to waste... plus all the stuff that is not waste... but is mostly JUNK mail anyway... so... ugh... it's not the kind of job a hippie tries to get... but what the hell... i need to pay the rent and i just learned that i HATE working on the phones. burning_eyes

But i agree with early comments... if you are looking for a quick job get a telemarketing, or "research" one. Those hire almost immediately and pay better than the fast food restaurants... (and i'm not even trying to diss your job at BK Yami)

OH... and i am MORE than jealous at YOU murder of angels... you're living the life i only dream about... mofo... evil  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2007 1:40 pm
A Murder of Angels
Well, I do games. I usually work at the three pirate ship-shaped swings near the center of the faire, but last summer I ended up working the smaller of the two archery ranges, the one with the compound bows, most of the summer. I could be at any game in the faire though, depending on the day. I wish I could find a picture so you know what I look like, but I can't access my photos right now.

I haven't played the bows in forever! I love love love The Kings Swing though. Its so fun. X3 Yay! I'm so excited! This summer is gonna ROCK! Dude, we're so gonna have to meet, cause that'd just be so funny. So funny. xd

:O! And you'll know my secret!  

PickleBoy

The Main Discussion Place

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas