Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Gaian Graphic Designers Guild

Back to Guilds

Gaia's official Graphic Design Guild for all things profiles, logos, graphics and much much more! 

Tags: Graphic, Design, Digital art, Photoshop, Profiles 

Reply The Gaian Graphic Designers Guild
Lesson List - Schedule (ooh pretty colors) - please check!! Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Chisa
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2004 10:02 pm
Kitsunehime
About the CG tutorial, are we each going to do one (since we have three people for it), or one big tutorial, along with various tips and tricks listed by everyone?

BTW, I've got the basic steps of a tutorial down already, it just needs a few more touch-ups. It's for CGing inked drawings, but I can change that if neccessary. whee

I think it would be a good idea to do a few separate cg tutorials, from different artists... so people can see a nice range, and choose what techniques work best for them 3nodding
We should run one/some sketching tutorials first though.  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2004 5:22 pm
Chisa
Kitsunehime
About the CG tutorial, are we each going to do one (since we have three people for it), or one big tutorial, along with various tips and tricks listed by everyone?

BTW, I've got the basic steps of a tutorial down already, it just needs a few more touch-ups. It's for CGing inked drawings, but I can change that if neccessary. whee

I think it would be a good idea to do a few separate cg tutorials, from different artists... so people can see a nice range, and choose what techniques work best for them 3nodding
We should run one/some sketching tutorials first though.

Ok, makes sense. I'll just follow the schedule then. 3nodding  

Kitsunehime

myst_dragon

PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2004 6:21 pm
I might have another abstract tutorial soon. I might also have a sig tutorial. . .I'm debating on whether I should or not. But anyways. . .I could just put the tutorials in the same post as my abstract tutorial instead of making another post. Should I do this? If I can then could you change the topic name to myst_dragon's tutorials or something along those lines?  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 12, 2004 8:06 am
I will update this today, as well as contact some of the people who signed up that haven't gotten back to me yet. biggrin We're getting everything organized!! Yay!  

SilverVixen
Vice Captain

jam-wired

PostPosted: Tue Oct 12, 2004 9:53 am
Would it be possible for me to switch tutorials to have mine in late December/early January? I have a break during that time, and if I'm scheduled for February, I can tell you right now I won't have time to do it.  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 12, 2004 10:37 am
I don't know how much demand there is for this, but I could provide a basic rundown on how to effectively and efficiently use Photoshop... In my experience, there's a lot of people that miss learning the basics of the program. How filters work and when to use them, color adjustment, photo retouching, interface design, stuff such as that... Would anyone be interested in a tutorial on any aspect of that?  

Triskdaemon

Chisa
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Tue Oct 12, 2004 6:39 pm
TriskDaemon
I don't know how much demand there is for this, but I could provide a basic rundown on how to effectively and efficiently use Photoshop... In my experience, there's a lot of people that miss learning the basics of the program. How filters work and when to use them, color adjustment, photo retouching, interface design, stuff such as that... Would anyone be interested in a tutorial on any aspect of that?

I think that sounds good 3nodding I definitely don't have a good handle on any but the very basic basics of Photoshop (like Paintbrush and Blur) sweatdrop . When would you like to do it?  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 12, 2004 6:41 pm
jam-wired
Would it be possible for me to switch tutorials to have mine in late December/early January? I have a break during that time, and if I'm scheduled for February, I can tell you right now I won't have time to do it.

Schedule is only a rough guide, so if can do it early (and if its more convenient to do so) then definitely, post it up then!  

Chisa
Vice Captain

Triskdaemon

PostPosted: Wed Oct 13, 2004 1:19 am
Chisa
I think that sounds good 3nodding I definitely don't have a good handle on any but the very basic basics of Photoshop (like Paintbrush and Blur) sweatdrop . When would you like to do it?

I can get that together in a week or so, any time that works in with the all-powerful schedule is probably fine for me...  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 13, 2004 1:23 am
TriskDaemon
Chisa

I can get that together in a week or so, any time that works in with the all-powerful schedule is probably fine for me...

Post it as soon as you can get it ready 3nodding The schedule is more of a rough deadline... any kind of tutorial that can be done before the date on the schedule (or isn't on it) is very much welcome!  

Chisa
Vice Captain

Quairtra

PostPosted: Wed Oct 13, 2004 8:03 am
I have my DEC in Fine arts, so I could do sketching, if you want. But I won't be able to work on it untill x-mas break, and even then there are a lot of things to cover, like negative space, prespective, shading ect... so some of it might only be ready for the summer, if that is ok with you guys.  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 13, 2004 7:11 pm
Quairtra
I have my DEC in Fine arts, so I could do sketching, if you want. But I won't be able to work on it untill x-mas break, and even then there are a lot of things to cover, like negative space, prespective, shading ect... so some of it might only be ready for the summer, if that is ok with you guys.

Thats fine, do you think you could pinpoint a specific month (or months, if you think it should span over more than one tuturial and don't have time to do them all at once)?

I think sketching and colouring tutorials are the kind of thing that we can have lots of, seeing as everyone has different styles, and its nice to show a good range. Also, I don't think any of us signed up for doing a sketching tutorial has actual training in that area, so it would be great to see the work of someone who has been taught properly. 3nodding  

Chisa
Vice Captain

Quairtra

PostPosted: Thu Oct 14, 2004 6:36 am
First lesson or 2 would probley be in december, the rest would follow in may to july.  
PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2004 5:06 am
^_^ Well if you want some one to teach on scanning (I assume you mean like using a scanner... and then the setting and how to make the image look best afterwards) I would be willing to do so... just let me know ok?  

Raine Dragon

Sparkling Dragon

18,890 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Tycoon 200

Chisa
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2004 7:17 am
Yup yup, that would be great! We're gonna be putting tutorials in the website from now - just hold onto them when you finish them for the moment, and we'll work on setting up an email address and a place to store everything.  
The Gaian Graphic Designers Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff