Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Official Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy Guild!

Back to Guilds

Reply The Official Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy Guild!
New hitch hikers toys/collectables Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Pintwit

PostPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2005 12:44 pm
Why does Zaphod have only one head?
Quote:
To keep the special effects budget within Earth's atmosphere, Zaphod's second head will emerge occasionally from beneath his "main" head. It will not, despite what you may have heard, emerge from his nose. That was a joke that spread out of control.

Btw, I LOVE Martin Freeman (Arthur Dent). heart
And Alan Rickman (Snape from HP) is the voice of Marvin. xD haha.  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2005 5:11 pm
Lol I want a marvin plushie.  

Angilwingz

Tinnumir

PostPosted: Fri Apr 22, 2005 8:46 pm
So, uh, now, does anyone know exactly when these lurvly collectibles are to be released? And where they're to be sold? *hopes for Target so we can get 10&#xof;f*  
PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2005 12:52 pm
Heartake
Why does Zaphod have only one head?
Quote:
To keep the special effects budget within Earth's atmosphere, Zaphod's second head will emerge occasionally from beneath his "main" head. It will not, despite what you may have heard, emerge from his nose. That was a joke that spread out of control.

Btw, I LOVE Martin Freeman (Arthur Dent). heart
And Alan Rickman (Snape from HP) is the voice of Marvin. xD haha.

Alan Rickman also played the Metatron (Voice of God) in Dogma. whee He's everywhere lately.  

Alainn Dearmad

Sleepy Snake

Invisible Exhibitionist

8,850 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Bunny Hunter 100
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
PostPosted: Sun May 08, 2005 8:17 pm
Tinnumir
So, uh, now, does anyone know exactly when these lurvly collectibles are to be released? And where they're to be sold? *hopes for Target so we can get 10&#xof;f*

NECA only sells products through specialty shops or online, so you may be able to find them at a store like a comic store or a collectables store. I've read on a few forums that the toys will also be available in Woolworths in the UK.

I'm going to go to a few stores tomorrow to see if I can find them. I hope they're not too expensive, although the price sounds reasonable at about fourteen dollars Canadian for two figurines that are three inches tall.

Edit: I saw them at a collectables shop, although they didn't have the larger figurines and only the smaller ones. I got the soundtrack instead.  
PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2005 9:23 pm
I want a Zaphod one. :B

I had seen those in an add. Then I saw them in the movie. I loved that.

I think it's good that the didn't follow the book exactley. It would have been boring that way. Because that's just what the TV series was, so it would have just been copying that. :[  

big scary monster

Sleepy Snake

Invisible Exhibitionist

8,850 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Bunny Hunter 100
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
PostPosted: Sat May 21, 2005 9:37 pm
I just got back from a mall and I got the Zaphod and Marvin 6" action figures. They're not bad, although I don't think the Zaphod action figure can stand, or it at least takes some effort.

Edit: Yeah, it can stand, although it takes a few tries.  
PostPosted: Sun May 22, 2005 5:15 pm
Sleepy Snake
I just got back from a mall and I got the Zaphod and Marvin 6" action figures. They're not bad, although I don't think the Zaphod action figure can stand, or it at least takes some effort.

Edit: Yeah, it can stand, although it takes a few tries.

Maybe he's just had a few drinks. whee
by the way, what store did you buy them at?  

Tinnumir

Sleepy Snake

Invisible Exhibitionist

8,850 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Bunny Hunter 100
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
PostPosted: Sun May 22, 2005 6:59 pm
I bought them at a collectables store that sells action figures, although from their site it seems like there's only one store. Comic and collectables stores should sell the merchandise and if you live in the UK you can get them at Woolworths.  
PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2005 3:26 pm
I havent seen these anywhere, is there a place I may get them online?

Xiuni Oontz

Fuzzykit

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2005 2:19 am
I'm definitely gonna get a Marvin plushie for my friend's birthday. xd heart We saw the Hitchhiker movie together.

I'd also love a Marvin plushie. ninja

Maybe they'll release a plushie Guide? xd  
PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2005 9:39 am
Ohhh they sell them at EB games

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.  

Tulse Luper

Lupe_Oceana

PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2005 10:21 am
And now I will add myself to the list of people ranting about Ford's appearance. I miss his purdy blue eyes and curly hair soooo friggin much! *bangs head against desk* But, hey, like DNA once said, every version of Hitchiker's Guide must flatly contradict the others. So it's all good.

But on the subject of the actual collectables. Meh. For me, it's bootleg all the way. Just get me a couple of T-shirts and a Sharpie, and I'll be happy. Shh, don't tell anyone.

But I do want a Marvin plushie.... And I wish they made a toy Point of View gun. biggrin  
PostPosted: Sun May 29, 2005 1:30 pm
._.; I wish they could make a real Point Of View gun.  

Fuzzykit

The Official Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy Guild!

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games