Welcome to Gaia! ::

Reply The Avenged Sevenfold Guild
How very mature to hate a band once they become popular ... Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

gheg
  iughj
View Results

evildemonchild454

PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2007 3:23 pm
IAMSEX
As in A7X, my boyfriend told me how they can go die now and that he hates them because they've become mainstream.

That's very immature, and really stupid. I mean it's not their fault that more people like their music now. They need to make money, too.

Anyway, do you know anyone else with similar problems against A7X? If you do I suggest they get smacked over the head to set them straight.

They need to make money too??
they should play because they love it, not for money
I love this band to death but if they are just playing for money then i guess they did sell out  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2007 8:42 pm
evildemonchild454
IAMSEX
As in A7X, my boyfriend told me how they can go die now and that he hates them because they've become mainstream.

That's very immature, and really stupid. I mean it's not their fault that more people like their music now. They need to make money, too.

Anyway, do you know anyone else with similar problems against A7X? If you do I suggest they get smacked over the head to set them straight.

They need to make money too??
they should play because they love it, not for money
I love this band to death but if they are just playing for money then i guess they did sell out

I think she meant something like they need money so they can play. Not that they're just playing for the money.
You can't support yourself and make it through tours and such with no money, right?

..aaand..
To get the money they need to do everything, they need a bigger fan base.
When they get a bigger fan base they, of course, get popular.
When they get popular.. well.. we all know the different things that happen. x3

...I think I need sleep.. i'llshutupnow Dx

Fruity Hummer

Roses and Revolvers

PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2007 7:59 am
I hate it when people say thet don't like a band because they're too "mainstream." What does it matter? The music is still good.
And when people hate a band because they've got too many "teeny boppers" following them...
If you're going to stop listening to a band that you love because they've attracted some fans you don't agree with you're not much of a fan.
Who cares who listens to them? All that matters is you like them.

People calling them "sell outs" because their sound has changed bugs me too. Being a sell out is doing something just for money... But you can clearly tell A7x are doing what they love and they've just matured in their sound and want to try something new.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2007 3:09 pm
Sadly I've come across many people like that
It happens far too often
You can't really do much anyway
I just brush it off
I tell myself they really weren't true fans or else they wouldn't turn on them just because they are doing good, they would be happy for them
And I figure Avenged Sevenfold doesn't need fans like that

`The Rev

Squorn

PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2007 10:40 pm
The vast majority of people don't decide to start disliking a band simply because they've become popular or "mainstream". Usually, when a band suddenly has a wider fanbase, their music changes, because they have to please a wider variety of people in order to sell albums and make enough money to go on tour. Some of the people they have to please are the complete idiots of the mainstream music scene, so the music often tends in a downhill direction. Fans of a bands original work often feel betrayed when a band changes their sound, especially if it seems like they're changing their sound to appeal to new fans.

That is why many people, including myself, are not such rabid A7X fans as we may once have been. I will always love Sounding the Seventh and especially Waking the Fallen, but I'm anticipating, based on what band members have said and what I've heard about it, that I will probably not like the new album much, if at all.  
PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2007 1:24 pm
Me and a friend of mine have LOVED and when I say LOVED I mean like "OMGA7XISTEHSEX" kind of LOVE. I'm still in LOVE with them like that, and she makes fun of me because they're all I can really stand to listen to. She's moved on, like to listen to the Misfits, MurderDolls, Slipknot. Now don't get me wrong, there are alot of good bands out there besides A7X, but there is no reason for her to make fun of me because I still LOVE them.

Girl Anachronisms

hellzeeko

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2007 3:37 am
They're just t damn cocky mad  
PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2007 8:25 pm
X_Scholastic_Emo_X
Me and a friend of mine have LOVED and when I say LOVED I mean like "OMGA7XISTEHSEX" kind of LOVE. I'm still in LOVE with them like that, and she makes fun of me because they're all I can really stand to listen to. She's moved on, like to listen to the Misfits, MurderDolls, Slipknot. Now don't get me wrong, there are alot of good bands out there besides A7X, but there is no reason for her to make fun of me because I still LOVE them.

I moved on to mudvayne after seeing the way they(a7x) act nstage and on t.v.  

hellzeeko

Ravens_Legacy

PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2007 1:59 pm
Here's the way I see it: There are fans of a band and fans of a genre.

A7x fans: Will stick by Sevenfold no matter what because they love this band for their sound, their motives, and what they stand for.

Metalcore fans: will simply stick by a7x as long as Matt screams and there's lots of breakdowns and s**t

I've no respect for genre fans =P  
PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2007 9:59 pm
Kymera_Master555
Here's the way I see it: There are fans of a band and fans of a genre.

A7x fans: Will stick by Sevenfold no matter what because they love this band for their sound, their motives, and what they stand for.

Metalcore fans: will simply stick by a7x as long as Matt screams and there's lots of breakdowns and s**t

I've no respect for genre fans =P

So you stand by a band even when they change into something completely different from what they were when you fell in love with their sound? Doesn't make much sense to me. Like I said, I'll always love the A7X sound I fell in love with back when, but I feel no obligation to rush out this october to buy their new disk simply because it's A7X. If it turns out to be good, awesome, I'll buy it, but if I don't like the way it sounds, I don't deserve any disresepect just because I stick with the music that I like.  

Squorn

hit_man_106

PostPosted: Sat Jun 09, 2007 4:29 pm
IAMSEX

Bands that used to be underground and NOW are mainstream, are ok. But underground bands that change their image JUST to be mainstream is stupid.  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2007 3:34 pm
tequila boom
IAMSEX
Yeah exactly. He just has this thing where he hates it when bands who normally scream send out albums where they start to sing more.

Yet he listens to Panic! At the Disco..tell me that's singing (well an attempt at singing anyway). So really I don't see the problem at all, they still sound awesome, they've just matured a little.

According to my friend, M damaged his voice, so he could not scream like he used to.

that isnt true, the band just wanted more singing.  

Bilbofagginss

Captain Divorcee

14,950 Points
  • Blazing Power of Friendship Wave 200
  • Divorced 100
  • Timely Contributor 100
The Avenged Sevenfold Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers