Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Emo Guild

Back to Guilds

What do you think genius? Its a guild for emo's. 

Reply The Emo Guild (Down at the copa... copacabana)
Have you all forgotten Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Do you think were loosing ourselves
  no
  yes
  maybe
View Results

travisa29

PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2007 8:03 pm
The Emo Kid
shes right that isnt emo thats what i like to call Scene
idk i guess Scene is her discription
dyed hair, the hair styles, and tight pants
its the look that everyone thinks when of when they think emo
♫ Fer Sure Maybe//Fer Sure Not ♪

Sorry, but that's not scene either.
Being a 'scene kid' basically means your a kid that's always at "the scene", or local shows.

♪ Fer Sure F//Fer Sure Bomb ♫

PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2007 9:48 pm
Everyone needs to get over the fact that emo is now considered a sterotype to other people. Why is it such a big deal on here if it's the emotion thing or how you dress. Seriously is that bad if you get called
emo or goth? It's just a word it only means something if you let it mean something. Everyone always says, "To be emo you have to deny it" Get over it! It's the 21st century...everyone is going to get put
into groups...like it or not.

TriangleSyrup

xdownwithxtheshipx

PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2007 9:52 pm
Lethyz

emo used to be about hardcore punks starting something new, creating anarchy

Uh, no neutral

TriangleSyrup
Everyone needs to get over the fact that emo is now considered a sterotype to other people. Why is it such a big deal on here if it's the emotion thing or how you dress. Seriously is that bad if you get called
emo or goth? It's just a word it only means something if you let it mean something. Everyone always says, "To be emo you have to deny it" Get over it! It's the 21st century...everyone is going to get put
into groups...like it or not.

What it's considered and what it is are two completely different things. Maybe you should just get over the fact that going along with what the majority of people think isn't the best course of action.  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2007 2:16 pm
Yea I agree w/ the chick that started this..just stfu and listen to what some of us are saying about what emo truly is...  

XxScreamingxTearsxX

Rellik San
Captain

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2007 3:42 pm
travisa29
The Emo Kid
shes right that isnt emo thats what i like to call Scene
idk i guess Scene is her discription
dyed hair, the hair styles, and tight pants
its the look that everyone thinks when of when they think emo
♫ Fer Sure Maybe//Fer Sure Not ♪

Sorry, but that's not scene either.
Being a 'scene kid' basically means your a kid that's always at "the scene", or local shows.

♪ Fer Sure F//Fer Sure Bomb ♫
Who cares what The Emo Kid wrote... this is my town now. Like it or not.  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2007 3:43 pm
LOL. Emo isnt about wearing some stupid mainstream alt overzeas pants& Wearing black/white striped checkerpants.

Its just hawt music. It pretty powerful, The lyrics are ment, the music is hearthfelt, the artists are real. Well, emocore&offspring im talking about.
Emo got hyped by the recordcompany's so they could steal money from angsty teenagers with bad music"MCR;P!atD".

The clothing is for lunatics. Although i adore dyed hair and piercings on a girl. heart

I wear anything i personally like. I look like a hip blitzkid.  

Kaz!nsky

Rellik San
Captain

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2007 3:51 pm
Kaz!nsky
LOL. Emo isnt about wearing some stupid mainstream alt overzeas pants& Wearing black/white striped checkerpants.

Its just hawt music. It pretty powerful, The lyrics are ment, the music is hearthfelt, the artists are real. Well, emocore&offspring im talking about.
Emo got hyped by the recordcompany's so they could steal money from angsty teenagers with bad music"MCR;P!atD".

The clothing is for lunatics. Although i adore dyed hair and piercings on a girl. heart

Emo is hawt music?

I thought that was Type O Negatives realm, you know them being big brick s**t house goths that sing about sex and make women week at the knee's with a breathe.

Emo definatly isn't powerful, Iron Maiden is powerful, have an emo band have 750,000 people chanting a signature song? I doubt it, thats powerful music thats so good it speaks to everyone attending a festival.

Heartfelt? I thought that was the realm of the Finnish, like Nightwish, HIM and Poets of the Fall (the band HIM wish they could be).

Emo musically is just a bunch of kids that thought punk got too pretentious but in the end became just as pretentious.  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2007 7:28 pm
Rellik San
Kaz!nsky

Emo is hawt music?

I thought that was Type O Negatives realm, you know them being big brick s**t house goths that sing about sex and make women week at the knee's with a breathe.

Emo definatly isn't powerful, Iron Maiden is powerful, have an emo band have 750,000 people chanting a signature song? I doubt it, thats powerful music thats so good it speaks to everyone attending a festival.

Heartfelt? I thought that was the realm of the Finnish, like Nightwish, HIM and Poets of the Fall (the band HIM wish they could be).

Emo musically is just a bunch of kids that thought punk got too pretentious but in the end became just as pretentious.

Type O Negative is definitely hawt music.

Dir en grey is powerful, but Iron Maiden, admittedly, is more powerful.

Heartfelt, that is definitely a Scandinavian thing.

-Isel-

The Dadalorian
Crew

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2007 7:30 pm
iron maiden has done so many more things for the metal world. no band can come close to that  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2007 7:33 pm
Chaos A.D.
iron maiden has done so many more things for the metal world. no band can come close to that

You know, the rest of the NWoBHM must not count, then.

No Judas Priest?

-Isel-

The-helper-of-the-poor

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2007 7:39 pm
straying off topic here...

maybe there are multiple definitions, like in a dictionary....

just throwing out the option...  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2007 7:41 pm
Oh, yes, I've forgotten what it all means.
Only to be reminded of what it's not.
Just for the helluvit
and out of spite
I'm currently (as of this very second) considering changing completely
into a country girl.
You know, the people you call hicks.
*sigh*
It'd be easier than listening to misconceptions.
Nevermind, I won't do that
I'll just stay me...neutral.

[Ashes][is][Ashes]
Crew

Rellik San
Captain

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2007 8:01 pm
Isel
Chaos A.D.

No Judas Priest?
What the hell does NWoBHM stand for? D: Seriously last I checked, the catalogues, the stockists, the fans and maiden themselves called them selves just plain ol' metal... why do we need so many genre's. stressed

And I always thought Judas Priest was hair metal?  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2007 8:06 pm
Rellik San
Isel
Chaos A.D.

No Judas Priest?
What the hell does NWoBHM stand for? D: Seriously last I checked, the catalogues, the stockists, the fans and maiden themselves called them selves just plain ol' metal... why do we need so many genre's. stressed

It's not a genre, it's a movement. A transition from Black Sabbath to Maiden.

New Wave of British Heavy Metal

Judas Priest can't ever be hair-metal. Look at the vocalists they've had.

-Isel-

Rellik San
Captain

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2007 8:11 pm
Isel
Rellik San
Isel
Chaos A.D.

No Judas Priest?

It's not a genre, it's a movement. A transition from Black Sabbath to Maiden.

New Wave of British Heavy Metal

Judas Priest can't ever be hair-metal. Look at the vocalists they've had.

I think its unnecessary terminology, I'm sure they come up with new terms to confuse us all to be honest.

Yes, but think about their songs, 'Lets Get Rocked' hardly 'Can I Play With Madness' is it?  
The Emo Guild (Down at the copa... copacabana)

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games