Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Starcloud

5,150 Points
  • The Perfect Setup 150
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Survivor 150
PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2005 11:05 pm
I'm going to keep donating gold to Gambino. No more than enough to drop me to 2000 gold though. Which will be between 0 and 100 gold each time.  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2005 5:42 am
No donating for me. I much prefer the Von Helsons. *points to siggy* Duh. rolleyes  

Panda.Ba

Aged Noob

Lucca Ashtear

PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2005 6:28 am
I gave the man a fiver. I can't afford to give any more... and he has enough fans that I think he'll do all right.  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2005 11:44 am
I just of this, but has anyone noticed there's a new area behind Gambino Mansion? It's called the Northern Sea. Could it somehow fit into Gambino's new mansion?  

Starcloud

5,150 Points
  • The Perfect Setup 150
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Survivor 150

Infinity Forever

Girl-Crazy Gaian

13,550 Points
  • Lavish Tipper 200
  • Overstocked 200
  • Ultimate Player 200
PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2005 2:00 pm
CPanda
No donating for me. I much prefer the Von Helsons. *points to siggy* Duh. rolleyes
Yes, but those two just give me a REALLY bad feeling...they're stuck up if you ever went to the event...calling people sheeps and what not. stressed Yes they're good looking, but they even held poor Gino hostage just to get Gambino away...Gino did nothing wrong...

So the sisters just bring bad news, that much I'm sure. Halloween they'll probably do a LOT worse then turn people into zombies.

So I support Gambino, even gave him 2k more. whee  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2005 2:11 pm
Infinity Forever
CPanda
Yes, but those two just give me a REALLY bad feeling...they're stuck up if you ever went to the event...calling people sheeps and what not. stressed Yes they're good looking, but they even held poor Gino hostage just to get Gambino away...Gino did nothing wrong...

So the sisters just bring bad news, that much I'm sure. Halloween they'll probably do a LOT worse then turn people into zombies.

Must...resist...arguing... gonk ...oh ******** it. xd

Why the Von Helson Sisters are Superior to Gambino
An essay by CPanda

At the close of the year 2004, many things had changed in Gaia. The Gaia population had exploded and the number of items had similarly increased. Gaia's first game was here, and fishing was a serious adventure. Guilds were up and thriving and the Avatar 2.0 was out, all to the delight of Gaia's users. But one change was not too positive. This change was to the infamous Gambino.

Johnny K. Gambino was once heralded as the most powerful man on Gaia. But 2004 brought many chages to the face of this man. During the Olympics he was shown to be a cheater, a gambler, and an abusive father. Gambino himself describes his cruel treatment towards his son. Many people rose up against this and defended Gino. But the event faded, and many people forgot.

Then came Halloween. Oh, how people couldn't wait to see what Gambino would do this time! But at this event, there were more sinister things about then just collecting items. Gambino, like many a powerful man, was not fit to stay where he was, and wanted to get more power. So we saw into his company, and from it sprang the zombie fiasco. The Gaian public saw it as a fun new event. Few saw what it really meant. Gambino was out of control. Luckily his hunger for more was stopped.

The Halloween event ended with Gambino's mansion destroyed and his son lost. It took losing everything for Gambino to realize how a father should act. There is no doubt that if Gambino had lost Gino and not the mansion, Gambino would not have cared.

So then there was Christmas and the "touching" story of Gambino's search for his son. How many times have you heard this one? The parent royally screws up, and expects the child to take him or her back and forgive everything the horrible parent did because the parent is "better now" and "wants to be a real dad/mom." Personally, I think it would have been justice for Gino to spit in his abusive father's face, and run off to the Von Helsons' home.

Ah, the Von Helsons. The Gaian Ball brought two new faces into the world of Gaia. Anna Corinne and Marie Von Helson, the Strongest Women on Gaia. These two picked up where Gambino left off, graciously holding the Gaian Ball on what must have been short notice for such a big bash. If they were the "complete bitches" that many haters say of them, they would have left Gaia without a place to hold a ball, just to spite the Gaian public. Yes, these are gracious, strong, rich, powerful women. Who would have thought that Gaia would escape from the stereotype of the men being the strong ones? Finally there are NPCs that the female population of Gaia can truly be proud of.

The Von Helsons may be cold and a little bratty towards the Gaian public, but they have a right to be that way. Think of how long these women have had to stand in the shadow of Gambino. They could never rise up, because Gambino and the stereotype of men being stronger than women would pound them down. Even now, Gambino supporters try to make them out to be less than they are, the Strongest Women on Gaia. Why shouldn't they be a little angry to the citizens of Gaia?

However, Gaians still flock to the cry "Gambino will rise again!" Why is this? The Von Helsons are proven to be a better alternative to Gambino! Why would people persist that Gambino is still the Strongest on Gaia, when there are mountains of proof that he is not?

Gambino should not be supported by anyone! He was abusive to Gino, as proven by the Olympics. If you are a fan of Gino, you SHOULDN'T support Gambino. You should support the Von Helsons, who exposed how horrible a father Gambino STILL is. The Von Helsons were not going to hurt Gino. The Von Helsons may, in fact, have been bluffing. Since they were in the position of power in the event between the two sides, they could bluff without having to worry much. Gambino couldn't hurt them, even if he found out that they were bluffing. Also, the Von Helsons are not the type to kill someone. All of the rumors of them blowing up the Gambino mansions are just that - unproven rumors. Most people with money have a feeling of invincibility, this is why murders in the upper class are exposed. The rich people rely too heavily on their money and influence. Therefore, the Von Helsons would never think they would need to resort to bodily harm to get what they want. Why would they want to when they can use their power to get Gambino to leave?

Gambino should also not be supported because is power hungry with no respect for the safety of his employees and guests. If you felt bad for the LabTechs that were completely taken advantage of, then you should definitely be on the Von Helsons' side. If you are a supporter of breaking stereotypes, then you should be in the army of the Strongest Women on Gaia. If you do not want to just follow the crowd, and you want to do what actually makes sense, then you should enlist in the Von Helsons' army now!

So, all hail the Von Helsons! May many more events be held within the hallowed halls of the Von Helsons' mansion, and may we never have to see the disgusting face of Gambino again! Cheers!

EDIT on recent events:
Beginning on the 15th of March, Gambino returned to the Isle De Gambino. He came, not to rally his supporters, not to say how much he's learned from his experiences, he came to beg for money. Yes, like a n00b with no sense of honor, dignity, nor pride, he came to suck up the funds of the Gaian public for his greedy ends. We will analyze his entire beg, line by line, just so everyone understands.

Gambino
If you have a few minutes, I'd like to see if maybe you could help me out...

Starting like a true con artist, he lures in his unsuspecting prey with a curious statement no Gaian citizen could resist. He also has no shame, stating right out that he wants something from you. His first statement is entirely self-centered, only fixated on HIS problems. How can he lead us as Gaia's Most Powerful Man, if he doesn't care about anyone but himself?

Gambino
You see... a terrible accident has reduced me to nothing. You may have heard about it, it was quite tragic.

Here we go again, playing the "pity me" card. If Gaian would actually remember, they would realize that is was no "tragic accident" that caused his downfall, it was his own insatiable greed that almost destroyed all of Gaia. If the Mansion hadn't been destroyed, the zombies would have escaped, and no one would be left unscarred. He proved he thinks himself above everyone else, thinking that none of that matters. Why should we support someone like that?

Gambino
I lost my fortune, my mansion, and my son Gino has lost his memory crying .

More and more pity. He really has no dignity. And now he brings Gino into the picture. Whenever Gambino talks about Gino's amnesia, everyone thinks its horrible that anyone support the Sisters. Too bad everyone is so short-sighted. If they just THOUGHT about Gambino's relationship with Gino, they would see that helping Gambino is the worst possible thing you could do for Gino.

When Gambino was at the height of his power, Gambino was incredibly abusive to Gino. He admitted, during the Gaian Olympics, that he treated him like a dog, not letting him eat at the table, and promising to make Gino pay for not winning. He also made Gino cheat, against Gino's better judgement. This all shows that Gambino himself doesn't care about the rules or the law at all.

If Gambino gets his power back, he willgo back to all his old practices, because no one will be strong enough to stop him. Gino will suffer, as will the rest of Gaia.

Gambino
I need a fresh beginning, a new start.

This is no new beginning! Gambino is NOT starting over. If he was really changed, he would ask for a small house, where he could live peacefully and happily with Gino.

But no, Gambino is still greedy, greedy, GREEDY. He has learned nothing from what happened the last time he let his greed get out of hand at the Halloween event. Or maybe he just doesn't care. Either way, this shows that Gambino has not changed, and once he gets his power back, he will not help Gaia out anymore than he did before.

And think about how poor Gino will suffer.

Gambino
If you could find it in your heart to donate some gold to me, I could get that new start!

Finally we get to what he wants. Gold. A MASSIVE amount of gold, as we can see from the donation bar. Everything I said before applies, as well as stating Gambino is a liar, and is lazy. LOOK at Gambino. He has a DIAMOND on his outfit!!! He also has a GOLD pocketwatch, and he looks well fed and clean, not at all like someone who has NOTHING.

This shows that he does not want to lift a finger. When he had no home, he did not sell that diamond. He didn't even sell that diamond for "my poor son Gino." He is a liar. All he wants to do is take advantage of innocent Gaians to gain an empire stronger than the last. How is this a quality of one who can lead Gaia as it's Most Powerful Man?

All of this shows why Gambino should not be supported. In the face of all this evidence, how could you possibly sympathize with him?!

Panda.Ba

Aged Noob

x0Ember0x

PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2005 2:14 pm
I gave him 100 gold...  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2005 2:22 pm
CPanda
Infinity Forever
CPanda

You know what, ALL of that was VERY pointless. Why? Because I'm not taking sides, I'm not "for" either, but I am willing to help Gambino out.

That whole part about the sisters and women supression is bull s**t...seriously...this isn't "Woman's Suffering" here...sheesh...

I, unlike you, am not about to support the opposing side just because one side has had some problems in the past, people change you know.

I'm not going to totally support Gambino either, I'm just donating to his new home, I don't expect him to live on the streets of Gamino like some hobo.

You on the other hand, say the Von Helson sisters have a right to be snobby because of Gambino? Where does it say that huh? Gambino never stopped them, Durem didn't technically exist at the time, so don't give people that bull s**t, okay?

I don't support either, cause I'm not about to get involved in some war/debate, which it's more like a war, because people argue with one another. Like your long and pointless argument to me just cause I donated to Gambino, and hinted that the sisters could, and might very well do something even worse then the zombie incident.

I mean here you are giving me an dumb lecture about Gambino, and all it's coming off is that you are prejudiced against him cause of his past. It's an RP girl...he's not real, he's fictional, made up even. It's like taking sides in watching an anime like "Oh good that guy deserved to die" kind of thing...it's like "Hello?! Do you have any sanity in that head of yours?" It's fake!

With the release of the sisters, people immediately sided with them cause they, like you, hate Gambino, for some dumb reason.

The only reason that he still has the diamond and all those clothes is this: The admins draw the NPC images, and I highly doubt they would be willing to re-draw Gambino entirely just for this.

So seriously, to me, you don't seem very sane for picking sides on NPCs...getting on someone's case just because they said the sisters could very well be bad news themselves, perhaps worse then Gambino even, and showed my interest in helping Gambino. Ever heard the phrase "Hell hath no fury like a women scorned" or something like that, I probably have it wrong...in otherwords, if you piss off a female bad enough, she can be a LOT worse then a guy...  

Infinity Forever

Girl-Crazy Gaian

13,550 Points
  • Lavish Tipper 200
  • Overstocked 200
  • Ultimate Player 200

Panda.Ba

Aged Noob

PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2005 3:14 pm
Infinity Forever
CPanda
Infinity Forever
CPanda

It's not pointless if I'm having fun. And I do so love arguing...

Anyway, I didn't argue with you because you took sides. I argued with you because you said that Gambino was more worthy of support, that Gino's kidnapping made Gambino the better side, and the Von Helsons could be worse that Gambino. Seems like I argued those points, so what's pointless about that?

I find it annoying that women always have to be the weaker of the two. Why should it just be a given that the men will always rise to the top, and one man could easily knock two strong women down? It may not be "Women suffering," but it's bad enough that it should be changed.

Some people may change, but Gambino has proven that he HAS NOT. Didn't I prove that already? You can see how he's always begging to get back where he was. He's still being insatiably greedy. If he had changed, he would be happy enough to get a job and work to get a house for him and Gino to live in peacefully.

He doesn't need to beg to get off the streets. Ever hear of working? It's what people do when they're not loaded and not lazy.

It's not just Gambino, it's everyone putting down strong women. There's more than enough eveidence other than Gambino that the entire statement isn't wrong because "Durem technically didn't exist at the time." It exists now. And so do the sisters. So why should they lost their power just because they have attitude.

Well, that you don't want to get involved is fine...but, uh, you saying stuff against one side and for another is basically getting involved isn't it? sweatdrop

I know this is fake, and I'm not losing any sleep over it at night, if that's what you mean. But I find taking sides fun, and since no one said it's against the rules, I don't see why not. And if I'm gonna argue a side, I'm gonna argue seriously. Arguing like an idiot makes you one. And I don't wanna be an idiot. blaugh

And taking sides in an anime makes perfect sense. If you don't take sides you an apathetic moron. Seriosuly, if you can't decide if some guy deserved to die or not...it's like "Hello?!! Do you have any brain cells in that head of yours?"

I don't find my reasons dumb. They are many and supported by clear evidence. I don't see how that is dumb.

They DID redraw Gambino. That image they have there had to be drawn right? They would have to do drawing either way. So if he was really meant to be poor and left with nothing, they could leave out the diamond, and make his clothing look a little wore and scruffy. I mean really, hsn't he supposedly wearing the same outfit since Halloween? Or does he have an endless supply of extra clothes? I think the latter, seeing as his stuff is in perfect condition.

What's wrong with getting into a game? Is you play with no involvement, it's like not playing at all. So what's the point if you don't care?

And that means that the sisters would have to be hurt to make them more evil than Gambino. Gambino was evil every day of the year. Who sounds better? I think it's the ones that only are bad once in a while.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2005 4:29 pm
ZeekSlider's Simple Arguement on the Gambino vs. Von Helson thing

Von Helsons called me names and said that I wasn't cool enough to hang out with them unless I had a halo.

Gambino never called me names.

I don't like being called names.  

Zeek Slider

Hopeless Man-Lover

28,040 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Cart Raider 100
  • Cash Grabber 500

Zeek Slider

Hopeless Man-Lover

28,040 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Cart Raider 100
  • Cash Grabber 500
PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2005 5:13 pm
Hmmm, it would appear people are reporting that the bar hasn't moved in the last 12 hours or so.

It looks like this progress bar is for real now. sweatdrop I seriously doubt it's a timer like everyone is claiming. I think people have stopped donating.  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2005 6:34 pm
ZeekSlider

Von Helsons called me names and said that I wasn't cool enough to hang out with them unless I had a halo.

*claps* thank you, Zeek ^^; And Cpanda, dude, that's alot of writing!... but, I really do perfer Gambino... the Von girls just... rub me the wrong way. *shurg* But, that's not saying yout opinion is wrong, either. Just go with who you perfer ^^;  

Aoi Hikari

Romantic Prophet

15,075 Points
  • Junior Trader 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Somebody Likes You 100

Ulfheonar Shapechanger

Lupine Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2005 7:51 pm
o.o Hoyo. Great aguements both of you.

Personally, I support Gambino because of the zombie incident. I dunno why, but it was so much fun and everything, and I like the thought of some more fantasy into the Gaia storyline. 3nodding

Personally, I dont have a beef with the Von Helsons, they did have the whole party, and gave out cool stuff. And the insults were kinda amusing once you started looking for ones you havnt recieved.

So, they're both pretty cool, but the fantasy threw me over. whee I'm a nut for that sort of stuff, and I'd like more of it.  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2005 7:59 pm
ZeekSlider

I agree! And they said that I wasn't 'pretty' enough until I got that V-Pin... whee  

Andy1989

Ginga

PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2005 9:39 pm
Whoakay.

That thing's looking more and more like a take over the world tower.  
Pokémon Defenders

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff